Unreleased Heroes
| Radiant Strength
|| Dire Strength
| Radiant Agility
|| Dire Agility
| Radiant Intelligence
|| Dire Intelligence
 Unreleased Hero status
These are heroes that are currently in a moderately advanced state of development by Valve and should be released "soon".
Note: The heroes are ranked in order of state of development present in Dota 2 beta files, not in order of release.
Ranking is: alpha, beta, polished, finished. Most other heroes have only extremely crude icons and avatars. Particles status is highly subjective.
 Captain's Mode
The following unreleased heroes are unavailable in Captain's Mode in DotA: Abyssal Underlord, Arc Warden, Oracle and Winter Wyvern.
The following unreleased heroes are available in Captain's Mode in DotA: Goblin Techies.
- Note this does not imply that this hero will be immediately available in Captain's Mode in Dota 2 once it is released.
 Unreleased neutral creeps
- Game modes playable in Dota 1:
- Death Match - If you die, you will have to pick a new hero before you can respawn.
- Easy Mode - Towers are weaker, experience is gained faster, and you get more periodic gold.
- TagTeam - You are assigned two random heroes (different hero classes). You choose which to start the game with. You start with the same bonus gold as all random.
- The ability to join "ongoing games that are missing players"
- The ability to replace missing players with bots (currently only in Limited Heroes)
- Custom games modes.