17 + 2.2
21 + 2.75
13 + 1
Jah'rakal the Troll Warlord is a ranged Agility hero able to output mighty damage competitively at range and in melee. His Berserker's Rage gives him the unique ability to change his attack position from ranged to melee and back at will as the situation prefers. When in close combat, his stats are increased accordingly: he gains bonus damage, armor, movement speed, health, reduced base attack time, and the ability to Bash. Not only does this greatly improve the Troll Warlord, but it allows him to survive against and match other melee fighters. The Troll Warlord is an axe specialist, using them in his unique Whirling Axes. Whirling Axes has two variations: the first is available to his ranged form wherein he throws five axes in a cone formation to damage and slow enemies down. The second is available to his melee form, unleashing axes around himself in a small radius to damage and blind nearby enemies. In keeping with his savage nature, Fervor builds up the Warlord's momentum. With each consecutive hit on the same target, he gains increased attack speed, up to a maximum of 4 stacks. His Ultimate, Battle Trance, increases the attack speed of all of his allies globally, making it useful both for teamfights and to shred towers down quickly. Notorious for his superbly fast attack speed that can be matched by few, Jah'rakal is truly a force to be reckoned with.
| Jah'rakal, the Troll Warlord
| Play "The strong shall eat the weak."
|| It's an easy thing to offend a troll. A prickly and contentious race, trolls thrive on argument and strife, missing no excuse to raise their voices in dispute. Males grow to maturity in subterranean chambers beneath their matriarch's domicile, feeding and amusing themselves while contributing nothing. Often they stay for years beyond the age of maturity, while the matriarch provides them with sustenance. When young trolls are finally pushed from their sub-chamber, they gather with others of their kind, forming roving gangs of malcontents who complain loudly about all manner of vexation.
As much as trolls love to argue, imagine how rare it is for a troll to be driven from his own kind for being too difficult to get along with. Such was Jah'rakal's fate, a monger troll from deep in the Hoven. So deluded was he, so bitter and abrasive, that even other trolls found his company intolerable. After one particularly vitriolic outburst in which he claimed the lion's share of loot from their latest raid, his cohorts finally snapped. They turned on him, beat him with clubs, and drove him from the encampment. Enraged at his banishment, he returned the next day, armed with steel, and slew them all, one by one. He then swore a blood oath: he would ever after be a fighting force unto himself. Now he roams the world as the Troll Warlord, bitter and angry, the Imperial high commander of an army of one.
|| Nolan North (Responses)
- Troll Warlord gains or loses stacks as soon as he reaches his attack point.
- With maximum stacks, Fervor increases attack speed by 64/88/112/136.
- The sound effect is global for allies and local for enemies. Enemies can't hear it when having no vision over Troll Warlord.
- Phase Boots help you to escape bad situations as well get close to enemies to take advantage of your more powerful melee form.
- Helm of the Dominator provides lifesteal which works well with your high attack speed. You can dominate a neutral creep with it to make soloing Roshan easier.
- Troll is vulnerable to stuns and disables, Black King Bar should be built in most situations to counter this.
- Yasha because his base movement speed is high, this item is a good choice as it adds agility and even more movement speed. Upgrade it into either a Sange and Yasha for some durability and slow, or a Manta Style for the illusions.
- Shadow Blade offers cost effective attack speed and damage increases, strong initiation and mobility, and a mediocre escape.
- Helm of the Dominator can be upgraded into a Satanic which when coupled with Troll's passive attack speed buffs, can allow Troll to go from little to full health in only a few seconds, while it also provides a large strength buff.
- Daedalus gives your attacks a great deal of damage. Because he can reach the maximum attack speed with his ultimate and passive, he can focus on damage and get multiple daedalus to crit more often and lifesteal even more.
- Monkey King Bar can also be picked up to counter evasion, and to give greater punch to your physical strikes including tower pushing. The mini bash can help you to chase.
- Butterfly provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion. A good choice to continue to perma bash when your ultimate is over while the evasion combined with whirling axes makes you almost untouchable. The flutter ability allow you to chase or escape.
- Troll Warlord has no equipments currently.
- The ability to switch between ranged and melee is very useful in the initial laning phase of the game. Ranged form can be used to harass enemies and last hit from afar to avoid being harassed, and melee form's bonus damage makes getting last hits and denies much easier.
- Heroes who mainly auto-attack benefit greatly from Battle Trance. Try to draft at least one more hard hitting carry for your team to get the most out of it. If your team insists on picking four carries, Battle Trance can often be the saving grace for a horribly gold starved team as it equates to more than a free seven second Hyperstone for everyone at its first level.
- Battle Trance does not buff Illusions, but it does work on Meepo and his clones. Because Meepo is excellent at pouncing on enemies, he can generally obliterate anyone instantly once he blink/poofs in under the effects of Battle Trance.
- Battle Trance can be used to help allies in many ways even if you are not there, as the effects are global. Whether you have someone pushing a tower such as Nature's Prophet or Lycan, if Faceless Void has used Chronosphere, or if Ursa is Roshing, be sure to help your friends by using your Ultimate!
- The melee and ranged versions of whirling Axes have separate cooldowns. Keep this in mind when in battle, so that you can output more damage with them.
- When your target enemy is starting to become harder to chase in melee form, keep in mind that you still have a Ranged form. Ranged Whirling Axes can aid in crippling them, so that you can revert back to melee form to finish them off.
- Augment Troll Warlord's power with damage-boosting items, since his power lies in his excellent attack speed.
- Ally buffs such as Magnus's Empower can also be a good source of boosting damage.
- Because of its scaling boost to attack speed Fervor is usually leveled up last with 1 point at level 4 for tower pushing/roshan/beating on a single hero. Having your movespeed and bash duration higher will greatly benefit your survivability and chase, since Fervor is extremely good with even only 1 skill point.
- Attack speed items such as Gloves of Haste and Hyperstone allow you to build up Fervor more quickly, but do not scale well if you opt to max it early on.
- If you're 6-slotted, sell any attack speed items for higher damage items. With all skills levelled, Troll Warlord easily achieves his maximum attack speed, so items like Mjollnir are much less useful.
- It's better to focus on one target rather than switching from one to another, since Fervor makes him more dangerous the more he attacks the same target with each blow.
- Drum of Endurance is a strong item coupled with the bonuses from Berserker's Rage, giving you even greater mobility to prevent kiting and providing some much needed Intelligence.
- Maelstrom, Mjollnir, Orb of Venom and Eye of Skadi are the only few Unique Attack Modifiers that stack with the commonly opted HotD.
- Unlike in DotA, Troll Warlord cannot wield the Skull Basher in Dota 2. In DotA, though he can hold a Basher in his inventory, it still won't stack with his melee bash. It is still possible for him to get a Basher in Dota 2, but only through cheats or special game mode events (i.e. the Greeviling).
- Jah'rakal's lore and certain dialogue lines make several references to Internet trolls, a type of identity or role assumed by certain Internet users.
- Troll Warlord, along with Phantom Assassin, has the lowest intelligence growth in the game (+1 per level).
- His skill set was completely changed by the time DotA went into version 6.60 and above. His abilities were either modified, or replaced. Some of these changes are as follows:
- Berserker's Rage used to cost mana.
- Blind was arguably his trademark ability, and the very reason why he was called the Blinding Axe in the lore of DotA. An intense light blinds his enemy, causing some of their attacks to miss.
- Fervor used to be Beastmaster's recent Inner Beast, where it was an attack speed-enhancing aura.
- Rampage, his old ultimate, is where he goes into animalistic berserk state, increasing his movement speed and boosting his attack speed to an ultimate level for a long period of time. This ability is able to give him instant blinding speed and the potential to wipe out five heroes separately, thus, it was the inspiration of the name of a five hero kill from a single hero "Rampage".
- Battle Trance's Play sound effect is based on Play this and Play this line combined.
February 02, 2015 Patch
December 17, 2014 Patch
- Fixed Fervor stack count being 1 stack too slow
July 18, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Backswing behavior for: Soul Rip, Tombstone, Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, Chilling Touch, Enfeeble, Shallow Grave, Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field, Static Storm, Malefice, Midnight Pulse, Howl, Stifling Dagger, Static Link, Shrapnel, Psionic Trap, Whirling Axes (Ranged), Storm Hammer, Gods Strength, Wave of Terror, Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Fatal Bonds, The Swarm, Time Lapse, Maledict, Overpower and Ice Shards.
June 04, 2013 Patch
- Fixed a number of slightly incorrect properties with Whirling Axes.
April 25, 2013 Patch
February 14, 2013 Patch
- Fixed a case where ranged Troll Warlord can Bash when attacking while transforming.
- Added a "fast" attack animation that will only trigger when his attack speed is above 210.
February 07, 2013 Patch
January 25, 2013 Patch
January 24, 2013 Patch
- Added Troll Warlord!
- Ranged Whirling Axes cooldown from 20 to 20/19/18/17 seconds
- Acquisition Range increased from 600 to 800
- This affects autoattack range.
- This is now similar to how the acquisition range works for other ranged heroes.
- Max stacks rescaled from 2/3/4/5 to 4.
- Attack speed per stack rescaled from 20 to 16/22/28/34.
- Berserker's Rage movespeed bonus rebalanced from 20/20/20/30 to 10/20/30/40.
- Melee Form damage reduced from 125/175/225/275 to 75/125/175/225.
- Battle Trance attack speed bonus increased from 60/100/140 to 60/120/180.
- Fervor increments now increase while attacking towers.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- 5/10/15/20 AS per attack with a max of 100
- 20 AS per attack max of 40/60/80/100
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Whirling Axes:
- Troll is a master of the axe, learning axe skills in all forms of combat. When in melee form, summons magical axes to whirl around him in a circle, damaging enemies and :causing them to have a 60% chance to miss attacks. When in ranged form, Troll hurls a fistful of axes in cone formation. Enemy units hit by the axes are slowed by 30%.
- Each have their own cooldowns and costs.
- Ranged Form:
- Slow: 30%
- Duration: 3/3.75/4.5/5.25
- Range: 900
- Travels in a small cone
- Cooldown: 20
- Manacost: 50
- Melee Form:
- Miss Rate: 60%
- Damage: 125/175/225/275
- AoE: 450
- Duration: 4/5/6/7 seconds
- Cooldown: 12
- Manacost: 50
- Berserker's Rage bash rebalanced from 5/5/10/10% chance for 2 seconds bash and 25/50/25/50 damage to 10% chance for 0.8/1.2/1.6/2 seconds bash and 20/30/40/50 damage.
- Battle Trance attack speed bonus increased from 60/80/100 to 60/100/140.
- Jah'rakal unconsciously uses dormant magic to awaken the savagery of every warrior on the battlefield. Greatly increases attack speed for a short duration, and lasts an :additional 4 seconds on Jah'rakal.
- Attack Speed Bonus: 60/80/100
- Duration: 4 seconds
- Cooldown: 20
- Manacost: 75
- Note: This is a global spell.
- Replaced Fervor Aura with a new ability Fervor
- Rebalanced Blind. Miss from 15/24/33/42 -> 20/28/36/44% and Cooldown from 8 -> 15/12/9/6 seconds
- Improved Troll's base movement speed
- Decreased Rampage's movement speed bonus.
- Decreased Rampage's cooldown.
- Removed Berserker Rage mana cost
- Level 4 Berserker Rage gives a little more movement speed
- Increased Troll Warlord's movement speed by 5
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Troll Warlord now has increased movement speed while in Berserker Rage form.
- Rampage movespeed from 7/14/21 to 7/9/11
- Balance tweaks done to the following heroes (Don't panic, these are mostly VERY minor, but you guys like to know, so here):
- Broodmother, Sven, SA, Enigma, Ursa, Tinker, Tiny, Sniper, Troll, Rhasta, Bristleback, Dragon Knight, Venomancer, Viper, Spiritbreaker, Bounty Hunter, Jugg, VS, Zeus, Weaver, Tide Hunter, Enchantress and Silencer.
- Applies blind on the target.
- Has an instant cast time, but interrupts Troll Warlord's channeling spells upon cast.