Jah'rakal the Troll Warlord is a ranged Agility hero able to output mighty damage competitively at range and in melee. His Berserker's Rage gives him the unique ability to change his attack position from ranged to melee and back at will as the situation prefers. When in close combat, his stats are increased accordingly: he gains bonus armor, movement speed, reduced base attack time, and the ability to Bash. Not only does this greatly improve the Troll Warlord, but allows him to overpower most other carries, as well as permabash a target for extended amounts of time. The Troll Warlord is an axe specialist, using them in his unique Whirling Axes. Whirling Axes has two variations: the first is available to his ranged form wherein he throws five axes in a cone formation to damage and slow enemies down. The second is available to his melee form, unleashing axes around himself in a small radius to damage and blind nearby enemies. In keeping with his savage nature, Fervor builds up the Warlord's momentum. With each consecutive hit on the same target, he gains increased attack speed, up to a maximum of 7 stacks. His Ultimate, Battle Trance, increases the attack speed of all of his allies globally, making it useful both for teamfights and to shred towers down quickly. Notorious for his superbly fast attack speed that can be matched by few, Jah'rakal is truly a force to be reckoned with.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- The toggling of Berserker's Rage is not registered as a spell cast and thus does not proc any on-cast effects.
- Berserker's Rage does not interrupt Troll Warlord's channeling spells upon cast.
- When toggling off, all changes are reverted and he becomes a ranged unit again.
- Turns Troll Warlord into a melee unit with 150 attack range, meaning items treat him as such (e.g. Battle Fury, Stout Shield).
- When toggling on while a ranged projectile is flying, it is treated as a melee attack by Battle Fury and Vladmir's Offering.
- Berserker's Rage persists through Troll Warlord's death. If Berserker's Rage was active upon death, he respawns with it activated.
- The bash does not stack with other bashes. The bash from Skull Basher and Abyssal Blade is disabled for Troll Warlord.
- The bash of Berserker's Rage uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Troll Warlord can lifesteal off the damage dealt by his bash. However, it cannot crit or cleave.
- The bash damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- The bash adds an average of 2/3/4/5 magical damage to every attack.
- Whirling Axes (Ranged) is only available when Berserker's Rage is toggled off.
- The axes travel at a speed of 1500.
- Spawns 5 axes which spread up to 25 degrees and affect units within 100 radius around them.
- Has no starting radius, the axes spawn at one point in front of Troll Warlord. So the total area is shaped like a cone.
- Can hit units up to 1100 range away (1000 travel distance + 100 axes radius).
- Ranged Whirling Axes do not affect Roshan.
- Whirling Axes (Melee) is only available when Berserker's Rage is toggled on.
- Interrupts Troll Warlord's channeling spells upon cast.
- If Troll Warlord dies, the spell ends and the axes disappear.
- The axes always spawn towards east and west at Troll Warlord's position and rotate clock-wise.
- The axes travel at a speed of 1250 and move out at a speed of 233.33 until reaching the max distance in 1.5 seconds and then move back to Troll Warlord at the same speed.
- Only units within 100 range of an axe get damaged and blinded.
- Can hit units up to 450 range away (350 max spin radius + 100 axes radius).
- The visual effects of this spell are offset and do not reflect the actual currently affected area.
- Melee Whirling Axes do not affect Roshan.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Tango and Healing Salve give you basic health regeneration to stay in lane longer.
- Ring of Protection provides a minor armor bonus, it also builds into a Ring of Aquila.
- Magic Stick helps against enemies that can spam spells, it later builds into Magic Wand.
- Ring of Aquila doubles your mana regen during the early game.
- Phase Boots help you escape bad situations as well as closing the distance to enemies to take advantage of your more powerful melee form.
- Black King Bar is core on troll because Battle Trance only lasts 5 seconds. Every second matters, and stuns and disables potentially make you unable to do anything for several seconds, wasting the spell's full potential.
- Helm of the Dominator provides lifesteal which works well with your high attack speed. You can dominate a neutral creep with it to make soloing Roshan easier.
- Yasha because his base movement speed is high, this item is a good choice as it adds agility and even more movement speed. Upgrade it into either a Sange and Yasha for some durability and slow, or Manta Style for the illusions and dispel. Not only can Troll create illusions from Manta, but it can also dispel some debuffs using it's active.
- Shadow Blade offers cost effective attack speed and damage increases, strong initiation and mobility, and a mediocre escape.
- Helm of the Dominator can be upgraded into a Satanic which, coupled with Troll Warlord's passive attack speed buffs, can allow him to go from little to full health in only a few seconds, as well as providing survivability through the item's strength bonus.
- Daedalus gives your attacks a great deal of damage. Because maximum attack speed is easily achieveable with his ultimate and passive, Troll Warlord can focus on damage and get multiple Daedalus to crit more often and lifesteal even more.
- Monkey King Bar can also be picked up to counter the evasion of heroes such as Phantom Assassin, and give a big boost to your damage output. The mini bash can also help cancel spells/items that require channeling such as Town Portal Scroll.
- Butterfly provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion. The attack speed part of the item makes perma bashing more likely when your ultimate is over. In addition, the evasion, combined with the blind provided by Whirling Axes provides a great deal of survivability. FInally, the Flutter ability allows you to chase or escape with ease.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jah'rakal's lore and certain dialogue lines make several references to Internet trolls, a type of identity or role assumed by certain Internet users.
- Troll Warlord's alternate name in DotA was Cory Clark a nod to the famous internet troll.
- Battle Trance's Play sound effect is based on Play this and Play this line combined.