Rooftrellen the Treant Protector is a melee strength hero who excels in supporting and strengthening his allies with his beneficial set of spells using the power of nature. He is a natural tank, offensively and defensively, having both the highest natural attack damage, and the second highest overall Strength in the game. Manipulating the power of the plants to his will, he can grant invisibility and stealth to himself and his allies with Nature's Guise, provided that they remain within close proximity to a tree. He can use Leech Seed to sap the life from a target, slowing and dealing moderate damage over time to it while nearby allies are replenished by the same amount. His signature Living Armor makes him truly live up his title, as he is able to provide allies and even friendly buildings increased health regeneration and a massive damage block from anywhere on the map. Finally, his ultimate Overgrowth roots nearby enemies with vines, branches, and roots; though it does not deal any damage, it will immobilize them and render them unable to attack for several crucial seconds. Although Treant Protector is not able to dish out much damage outside of his regular attacks, he is able to provide an enormous amount of defensive utility and survivability to himself and his teammates, thereby planting the seeds of a decisive victory.
- Using Nature's Guise on allies during a gank gives them the element of surprise, and owing to the extremely variable nature of this mechanic the enemy team will struggle to use Sentry Wards to prevent this.
- If time permits, you can use it on your whole team just before a team-fight to obtain a similar effect like Moonlight Shadow. This will enable your team to properly initiate assuming that the enemy team does not have detection or they did not see you cast it.
- Always watch the map, Living Armor may make the difference between a farmed team-mate or a farmed enemy. If one of your team-mates is ganked, cast Living Armor on them to discourage the enemy from continuing or even to remove the need for your team-mate to retreat and enabling them to farm more.
- Your attack animation and rate are slow, but pack a huge punch. With a little practice, you can put that power to use and greatly assist your lane partner by denying units. A Quelling Blade will also help you secure last hits your carry might have otherwise missed or denied by the enemy, or when you happen to lane alone.
- Living Armor can heal buildings. If you have time, and no one else requires it, cast it on damaged towers. Granted, the ratio of health gained to total health of buildings may be small, but its duration is as long as its cooldown, so you can keep it constantly regenerating health, provided you have enough mana.
- Although being quite tanky, his offensive output is very minimal and once he has initiated with Overgrowth he should conceal himself, firing Leech Seeds from nearby trees (keep in mind at all times that Treant Protector can use abilities without breaking his invisibility).
- In most circumstances Treant Protector is most wisely built to maximise his abilities' usage, his lack of mobility and damaging spells mean he is best suited to securing kills for his allies via his slowing and disabling abilities.
- A Soul Ring is a good early pick-up for Treant Protector, as it allows him to spam his Leech Seed as an effective harassment tool while also healing off the damage from the Soul Ring. It also helps solve his mana problems early to mid game. This could also be picked-up if you're opting for a Tranquil Boots instead of an Arcane Boots if your team-mates don't need the extra mana. Choosing Tranquil Boots over Arcane Boots will make it easier for Treant Protector to roam the map and regenerate health between ganks.
- Beside spells, you also can use active items while invisible with Nature's Guise without breaking it. If you are equipped with items with powerful active abilities, like Shiva's Guard and Scythe of Vyse, you can use this to surprise and play tricks on your opponents, as long as you stay near the trees.
- Treant Protector has naturally very high strength and attack damage. You can purchase attack boosting items like Assault Cuirass, Armlet of Mordiggian, Satanic, Mjollnir, Abyssal Blade or Mask of Madness to improve your damage output, if your team is deprived of powerful attackers.
- Although not the best, Treant Protector can be a good jungler because of his high base attack damage and Living Armor, Leech Seed in case of his health dropping low and Nature's Guise to initiate ganks. It will give the team another solo lane and more gold for him than playing in a dual lane.
- An Aghanim's Scepter gives Template:Treant Protector a free permanent mini Observer Ward every 25 seconds and he can use it to gain vision in critical spots. This could be an enormous advantage to your whole team especially if you can cover the whole jungle and lanes with it. This will also reduce the necessity for diving in to Initiate team-fights as it will enable you to use Overgrowth globally.
- If you get your Scepter early, you can enchant some trees near neutral creep camps which allows you to farm them every time you use Overgrowth. But always make sure to enchant key spots first and be sure that you won't need your ultimate for the next minute.
- Treant Protector has "Riki was here" carved into his side (near the right handed runes on his belt).
- Treant Protector's appearance, name, and voice are based heavily on Treebeard, the eldest of the Ent race, who appears in the Lord of the Rings books and movies.
- Fixed Treant Protector's strength growth.
- Fixed the following spells being castable on spell immune allies: Nightmare, Ice Armor, Nature's Guise, Holy Persuasion, Decrepify, Astral Imprisonment, Shadow Word and X Marks The Spot.
- Enabled Treant Protector in Captain's Mode.
- Living Armor is now castable on spell immune allies.
- Eyes in the Forest
- Overgrowth damage around enchanted trees increased from 135 to 175 per second.
- Cooldown reduced from 55 to 25.
- Nature's Guise manacost reduced from 90/80/70/60 to 60.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter: Grants a new ability: Eyes in the Forest
- Leech Seed damage per pulse decreased from 24/36/48/60 to 15/30/45/60.
- Leech Seed
- Damage per pulse reduced from 30/45/60/75 to 24/36/48/60.
- Number of pulses increased from 4 to 6 (duration from 3 to 4.5).
- Living Armor
- Cooldown increased from 15 to 32/26/20/14.
- Manacost increased from 25 to 50.
- Nature's Guise cast point improved from 0.5 to 0.3.
- Night vision reduced from 1200 to 800.
- Living Armor damage instances reduced from 7 to 4/5/6/7.
- Living Armor damage reduction is now done for all instances of damage that reduce its charges.
- Attack damage increased from 71-79 to 81-89.
- Leech Seed cooldown decreased from 18/16/14/12 to 16/14/12/10.
- Overgrowth cooldown decreased from 80 to 70.
- Living Armor
- Living Armor
- Cooldown and duration decreased from 20 to 15.
- Manacost decreased from 30/35/40/45 to 25.
- Strength gain increased from 2.8 to 3.3.
- Living Armor health regen increased from 4/6/8/10 to 4/7/10/13.
- Attack damage increased 57-65 to 71-79.
- Base Attack Time increased from 1.7 to 1.9.
- Living Armor aura replaced with a new active ability:
- Target an allied unit or structure. Grants bonus regeneration and physical damage block. Dispels when more than 6 damage instances are taken.
- health Regeneration: 4/6/8/10
- Physical Damage Block: 20/40/60/80 (hero only)
- Threshold: 6 damage instances
- Duration: 20
- Cooldown: 20
- Manacost: 30/35/40/45
- Cast Range: Global
- No longer does damage.
- Duration increased from 3 to 3/3.75/4.5.
- Cooldown decreased from 115/105/95 to 80.
- Leech Seed manacost increased from 110/120/130/140 to 140.
- Overgrowth damage per second decreased from 70/100/130 to 50/75/100.
- Added to Captain's Mode.
- Base strength and gain decreased from 27 + 3.4 to 25 + 2.8
- Overgrowth cooldown increased from 100/95/90 to 115/105/95.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Added a 2 second fade time to Nature's Guise.
- Living Armor regeneration reduced from 2/3/4/5 to 1/2/3/4.
- Overgrowth reduced from 725 to 625.
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Base armor reduced from 2 to 1.
- Leech Seed cooldown rescaled from 12 to 18/16/14/12.
- Living Armor now regenerates buildings only in a 900 radius.
- Armor reduced frin 3 to 2.
- Nature's Guise
- Forest Sentinel replaced with Leech Seed
- Rooftrellen plants a life-sapping seed in his enemy, causing it to be slowed by 24% and have its life force drained over the next 3 seconds. Nearby allied units are healed by the same amount.
- Movement Speed Slow: 24%
- Damage: 30/45/60/75 per pulse (Magical damage)
- Allied Heal: 30/45/60/75 per pulse
- Pulses: 4
- Radius: 500
- Manacost: 110/120/130/140
- Cast Range: 350
- Cooldown: 12
- Living Armor reworked:
- Rooftrellen's presence infuses allied heroes and structures with a protective healing aura, increasing armor and regeneration. During the daytime, his power of nature is increased, causing the aura to extend globally.
- Radius: 900 (Global during the day)
- HP Regeneration: 2/3/4/5
- Armor: 1/2/3/4
- Duration reduced from 3/4/5 to 3.
- Cooldown reduced from 160 to 100/95/90.
- Damage per second rebalanced from 85 to 70/100/130.
- Living Armor regeneration increased from 1/2/3/4 to 2/3/4/5.
- Summons a Sentinel unit from the forests to the targeted point. The Sentinel is invisible to enemy units (revealed by truesight).
- Sentinels have a small vision radius and can be instructed to defend the nearby area. When they are in Defense mode (special animation for this), their vision and invisibility cloak are removed and they automatically attack the nearest enemy unit that comes into their range.
- Watcher Vision: 500 (Does not grant True Sight)
- Sentinel Summon CD: 85/70/55/40
- Sentinel Summon Manacost: 50
- Sentinel Summon Cast Range: 900
- Sentinel Summon Duration: 8 minutes
- Sentinel HP: 300
- Sentinel Bounty: 40 Gold
- Defense Ability: Attacks a random enemy unit within its radius. The target takes 125/150/175/200 damage and becomes stunned for 1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds.
- Defense Attack Range: 500
- Defense Vision: Self only
- Once a Sentinel attacks at an enemy unit, it returns to Watcher mode.
- Sentinels can be killed by either attacks or spells. They can get hurt by area spells while they are invisible.
- Note 1: The Sentinel is visible for a brief period as it is getting summoned.
- Note 2: You can see your Sentinels on the minimap.
- Note 3: Nature's Guise works with your Sentinels.
- Secondary Ability - Transform Sentinel
- Toggles a target Sentinel between Watcher and Defense modes.
- Cooldown: 10
- Manacost: 20
- This ability is on your hero. As such, you can only toggle/activate Sentinels once every 10 seconds. You can target a specific Sentinel or click at any point and it will find the closest one.
- Removed from Captain's Mode.
- Increased attack range from 100 to 128.
- Fixed Eyes in the Forest vision not scaling.
- Treant Protector now can cast spells and use items without breaking the invisibility of Nature's Guise.
- Increased Eyes in the Forest cast range from 100 to 125.
- Fixed Living Armor not regenerating buildings' health.
- Reworked Eyes in the Forest:
- Old Eyes in the Forest:
- Creates a spiritual link between Rooftrellen and a target tree, allowing Rooftrellen to see the tree's surrounding area at all times.
- Vision Range: 600/630/660/690
- Cast Range: 2000
- Cooldown: 300/225/150/75
- Manacost: 100/75/50/25
- Notes: Provides True Sight, lasts until tree is destroyed.
- New Eyes in the Forest:
- Creates an enchanted tree at a target point, allowing Rooftrellen to see the tree's surrounding area at all times.
- Vision Range: 600/630/660/690
- Cast Range: 100.
- Cooldown: 300/225/150/75.
- Manacost: 100/75/50/25.
- Note: Creates a regular tree if cast on the Sentinel side and a dead tree if cast on the Scourge side. These trees are slightly brighter than regular trees. Provides True Sight, lasts until tree is destroyed.
- Increased base agility and gain from 10 + 1 to 15 + 2.
- Increased Eyes in the Forest cast range from 100 to 2000 (still requires vision over trees to be able to cast it on them).
- Living Armor
- Lowered manacost from 200/250/300 to 150/175/200.
- Now affects unit insde the Fog of War.
- Reduced Eyes in the Forest manacost from 100 to 100/75/50/25.
- Increased Eyes in the Forest cooldown from 240/140/110/60 to 300/225/150/75.
- Increased Eyes in the Forest manacost from 50 to 100.
- Increased Overgrowth manacost from 100/150/200 to 200/250/300.
- Fixed some leaks on Overgrowth.