Tiny is a melee strength hero with powerful ganking and killing potential. Although he starts off vulnerable in lane with his pitiful mana pool and almost non-existent armor, with a few levels, he gets considerably stronger. His killing power in the early and midgame comes from combo-ing his two active abilities. Avalanche engulfs an area in a wave of stones, dealing respectable damage and stunning enemies, while Toss allows Tiny to pick up the closest unit near himself and launch it at the designated location, dealing damage to all enemies at the location as well as additional damage to the thrown unit if an enemy. It can be used to displace an ally within the enemy team, but is mostly used on enemies themselves to deliver massive damage. If chained immediately with Avalanche, it also doubles the damage the target takes from Avalanche, allowing Tiny to easily dispatch fragile enemy heroes in a matter of seconds. Although his nuking potential with his two active abilities is already considerable, his passives, Craggy Exterior and Grow turn Tiny into a formidable physical combatant as well. Craggy Exterior provides Tiny with some much-needed armor and gives him a chance to stun enemies that attack him from too close, making Tiny a potent counter to fast-attacking melee heroes. Grow increases Tiny's size and provides him with a massive boost to his attack damage, movement speed, and Toss damage, at the cost of some attack speed. Aghanim's Scepter is an almost essential item on Tiny, since it allows him to permanently equip a tree, giving him extra attack range as well as a powerful cleaving attack. Although Tiny initially lives up to his name by starting off small and weak, much like an avalanche, he quickly grows in size and strength until he becomes a hulking behemoth with enormous health and damage output. This gives Tiny the potential to become one of the strongest carries in late game situations.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Deals 25/45/65/75 ( 75/95/115/125) damage in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after cast, resulting in 4 instances.
- If a unit is affected by Toss, it takes double damage (50/90/130/150 ( 150/190/230/250) per instance from Avalanche.
- No matter how close or far Avalanche gets targeted, the targeted area is always hit 0.5 seconds after cast.
- The stun and damage are applied together. However, the stun does not hit units which are already stunned by Avalanche.
- This means, if a unit is hit by the first instance, it does not get stunned by the remaining 3 unless the stun gets dispelled before.
- No matter which instance hits a unit, the stun always lasts 1 second.
Can toss, but not directly target spell immune enemies. Attempts to damage tossed spell immune enemies. Does not attempt to damage spell immune enemies within the area.
- The tossed unit travels at a speed based on the distance between it and the target, capped at 2308.
- The speed does not instantly adapt if the distance changes, but rather accelerates or decelerates at a slow rate.
- The tossed unit can be avoided by blinking or moving rapidly, but cannot technically be disjointed.
- This means the tossed unit can fly up to 3000 range away when the target teleports far enough away.
- If the tossed unit dies in mid-air, it still deals the area damage upon landing.
- Forcefully moves the unit, disabling it and canceling channeling spells and other position changing effects.
- Buildings cannot be targeted, but take 33% damage (25/50/75/100) from a tossed unit landing near them.
- The 20% extra damage, and the further increased values from Grow are only applied to the tossed enemy unit.
- Other enemy units (including buildings) within the radius only take the basic damage.
- Can toss any unit, except ancient creeps (which includes Warlock's Golem, Primal Split spirits, Roshan and couriers) and wards.
- Invisible enemy units cannot be tossed, but still take damage from a unit being tossed onto or near them.
- Units in the Fog of War can be tossed if they are within a 275 radius of Tiny, but cannot be selected as a target.
- While in the air, other units may pass below the tossed unit.
- The tossed unit takes 20% more damage (before reductions) from Toss. Grow increases this to 35%/50/65% ( 50%/65%/80%).
- Can directly target and toss towards runes, but cannot toss runes.
- The buff or debuff of Toss is hidden, means it is not visible in the HUD.
- Can only proc against melee units. Ranged units are not affected.
- Procs only when a unit lands an attack on Tiny from any distance. This means it cannot proc on missed attacks.
- Also procs on instant attacks done by melee heroes ( Stifling Dagger, Boundless Strike and Moment of Courage).
- Can proc against other instant attack spells as well, if used by melee heroes.
- Fully works against allied units, resulting an in a deny if the damage kills the ally.
- Craggy Exterior uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Each level changes Tiny's appearance, making him bigger and making his voice deeper.
- Aghanim's Scepter makes Tiny equip a tree, regardless of his level. However, to get the bonuses, Grow has to be learned.
- Increases attack range to buildings. , grants 50% cleave in a 400 radius, and causes attacks to deal 75% bonus damage to
- Cleave damage is reduced by armor type but not by armor value.
- Cleave damage cannot be amplified with spell damage amplification and cannot spell lifesteal.
- Cleave damage is reduced by Damage Block.
- The complete area is shaped like an isosceles trapezoid in front of Tiny.
- Fully stacks with other sources of cleave. Each source of cleave works completely independent.
- Does not cleave upon attacking wards, buildings or allied units. Wards and buildings are unaffected by the cleave damage.
Talents[edit | edit source]
|+200 Avalanche Damage||25||20% Cooldown Reduction|
|+14 Mana Regen||20||+25 Attack Speed|
|+15 Movement Speed||15||+45 Damage|
|+10 Intelligence||10||+6 Strength|
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- The mana regen is added as a bonus and does not benefit illusions.
- Cooldown reduction affects abilities and items. Stacks multiplicatively with Octarine Core and additively with Arcane Rune.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Clarity potions will help offset Tiny's tiny mana pool.
- Magic Stick restores some health and mana so Tiny can sustain more damage in lane, or use his spells in a pinch.
- Bracer is an excellent cost efficient item which can be turned into a Drum of Endurance later on. It provides good bonuses to his attributes as well as an increase to his health pool.
- Bottle helps Tiny refill his mana and health pool, especially useful when he is played in the middle lane. With rune control, a Bottle gives Tiny much more survivability than any of the other initial health/mana items.
- Magic Wand is an inexpensive upgrade from Magic Stick that gives useful bonuses to Tiny's overall attributes and increases its charge storing capacity.
- Power Treads gives attack speed and stats. Switching treads between strength and intelligence on Tiny is important, because his two spells use a lot of mana.
- Arcane Boots alleviates Tiny's mana problems early on.
- Aghanim's Scepter is a must-have in the late game. It gives Tiny a cleave, extra auto-attack damage against buildings, extra auto-attack range, and increased Toss damage.
- Blink Dagger can be used in conjunction with the Avalanche/Toss combo, causing massive burst damage to one or more enemy heroes.
- Shadow Blade can be an alternative to Blink Dagger. It grants attack speed, a good bonus damage of 175 (works only if you hit before using your abilities) and a huge movement speed boost while invisible. The invisibility allows Tiny to position more effectively, while the attack speed synergizes with Grow and allows it to be purchased earlier.
- Drum of Endurance gives attack speed, movement speed, mana, stats, and damage for a cheap price.
- Assault Cuirass gives attack speed, which is well needed after putting some points into Grow, as well as armor, which makes Tiny even tankier. The aura is also useful to the rest of your team.
- Black King Bar allows Tiny to attack enemies freely for several seconds, which is important because with a few damage items, Tiny hits like a truck. Also, it gives strength and damage.
- Heart of Tarrasque turns Tiny into a true tank, giving him lots of strength, health, and health regeneration.
- Daedalus can produce massive critical strike damage, thanks to Tiny's naturally high attack damage.
- Manta Style gives a good amount of agility, stats, and movement speed. Also, Tiny's illusions benefit from Grow greatly.
- Mask of Madness gives a huge attack speed and movement speed buff in addition to lifesteal for very cheap, but can backfire if not careful.
- Moon Shard nearly single-handedly solves Tiny's attack speed issues by granting him a massive 120 attack speed bonus, the highest in the entire game. The shard can later be consumed to be replaced by a more effective item - Even though the attack speed bonus will be halved, it's extremely handy to have 60 extra points of attack speed without needing an inventory slot for it, especially if the shard is to be replaced by other items which grant attack speed and more utility, such as an Assault Cuirass.
- Echo Sabre's double attack compensates for Tiny's low attack speed and synergizes very well with his high attack damage, adding even more burst damage to his arsenal. It also grants much-needed mana regeneration and is a reasonably cheap pickup.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tiny's quote "Play Tiny Smash!" is a reference to Hulk, a well-known superhero from the Marvel Universe.