From Dota 2 Wiki
Bad against...[edit | edit source]Anti-Mage
- Tinker is fragile and vulnerable against carries like Anti-Mage also, Mana Break burns away his mana pool and deals bonus physical damage.
- Tinker's massive mana pool makes Mana Void deal a large amount of damage.
- His all skills are useful for Tinker
- Flux can catch Tinker who loves to solo pushing.
- Magnetic Field avoid damages from Tinker except March of the Machines.
- Spark Wraith purges Tinker's buff and slow him.
- Tempest Double makes Flux more effective. Kill Tinker with March of the Machines with Double Blade Mail.
- Physical or Magical Arc Warden makes Tinker's escape hard both. Even he has Black King Bar.
- Because he has Hand of Midas as core item, he farms faster than Tinker.
- Double Last Will also get benefit from March of the Machines. Until Tinker has Black King Bar or Eul's Scepter of Divinity, he will die.
- Clockwerk can easily catch a split pushing Tinker with his Hookshot and prevent him from escaping with Power Cogs and Battery Assault.
- He can find Tinker with his Rocket Flare.
- Clockwerk usually buys a Blade Mail which does lots of damage to Tinker if you get hit by his abilities (especially March of the Machines).
- Tinker is heavily reliant on casting his spells and Doom can disable all of his four active abilities and all of his items. Especially with Scepter, Tinker has to countdown his death and revive time.
- Press the Attack can dispel Laser's blind while providing great attack speed and health regeneration.
- Once caught in a Duel, Tinker who completely relies on his spells to be effective stands little chance of survival with his low health pool and armor.
- Rage will dispel Laser's blind and turns him magic immune for the duration so Tinker cannot damage him.
- Feast will quickly bring down Tinker due to being so fragile.
- Luna can easily prevent Tinker from escaping with Boots of Travel or Rearm with Lucent Beam.
- Luna can also quickly tear Tinker to shreds with Eclipse as soon as he jumps in with Blink Dagger.
- Night Stalker can easily find Tinker in the trees during Darkness.
- Void's mini-stun and silence will stop Rearm and Boots of Travel while also preventing Tinker from fighting back.
- His whole skillset act like a counter to Tinker:
- Impale prevents Tinker from blinding Nyx Assassin or fighting back, while giving Nyx' allies time to catch up to Tinker's position.
- Mana Burn generally deals more damage to intelligence based heroes like Tinker
- Spiked Carapace can stun Tinker from a distance because of March of the Machines
- Vendetta allows approaching Tinker in the trees or waiting for him in common hiding spots and dealing heavy damage to his low armor
- He can Meat Hook a Tinker hiding in the trees and follow it up with Dismember and Rot for an easy solo kill, as Tinker doesn't tend to buy survivability items.
- His innate magic resistance and huge HP pool from Flesh Heap makes it hard for Tinker to deal serious damage to Pudge.
- Arcane Curse will force Tinker not to cast any spells and if not, he will take more damage.
- Glaives of Wisdom deals pure damage and makes quick work of fragile Tinker.
- Last Word causes Tinker to get silenced for 6 seconds after casting a spell.
- Global Silence will prevent Tinker to use his spells in team fights, which makes him useless.
- Slark's Pounce shutdown Tinker's escape every way except in the case that he has invisible item like Glimmer Cape or Shadow Blade base item.
- Mostly Slark build bash item or slow item so he can kill Tinker with little injury.
- Eye of Skadi, Vanguard, Skull Basher, Heart of Tarrasque, Black King Bar make him tanky enough for kill Tinker alone.
- He can easily catch Tinker in the trees with Ball Lightning and kill him with Orchid Malevolence and his abilities, all of which deal much damage to Tinker.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Faceless Void's Chronosphere make Tinker unable to act and easy to be targeted first.
- Illusion heroes, such as Shadow Demon, Naga Siren, Phantom Lancer, Chaos Knight, Terrorblade
Items[edit | edit source]
- Blade Mail can reflect a lot of damage back to Tinker, especially while using March of the Machines
- Linken's Sphere prevents Tinker from using Laser and his targeted items.
- Black King Bar makes all of Tinker's spells and items useless, because they are all magical and don't penetrate spell immunity.
- Lotus Orb reflects his spells and items back onto himself.
Good against...[edit | edit source]Shadow Fiend
- Tinker can deal a great amount of damage against Shadow Fiend's low HP at early game while using a good combination of Laser and Heat-Seeking Missile
- Laser can also make Shadow Fiend miss a lot of last hits, disabling Necromastery
- Tinker can easily farm and kill Nature's Prophets Nature's Call treants by using March of the Machines.
- Tinker's Laser can make Faceless Void totally useless especially if Tinker can stay outside of Chronosphere and make him miss all his attacks
- Faceless Void's Time Dilation can't affect Tinker's as he can have his abilities without cooldown thanks to Rearm, even if his abilities are already affected by Time Dilation
Others[edit | edit source]
- Any hero with a low HP pool is easy for Tinker to nuke down: Crystal Maiden, Enchantress, Gyrocopter, Lion, Riki, Techies, Terrorblade.
Works well with...[edit | edit source]Faceless Void
- Faceless Void's Chronosphere provides a great setup for Tinkers spells.
- X Marks the Spot allows Tinker to teleport out of base and get recalled as soon as he's in danger.
- Tinker can teleport onto Spirit Breaker during Charge of Darkness with Boots of Travel 2 and gank heroes.
- Thirst can help Tinker finish off foes after his Dagon, Heat-Seeking Missile, Laser, Rearm combo by providing vision when enemies are at low health.
Others[edit | edit source]