15 + 1.4
22 + 3.2
19 + 1.75
Terrorblade is a melee Agility Carry with a focus on a limited amount of powerful illusions. As with any illusion based hero, he requires stats-based items to make his illusions as strong as possible. His unique ultimate allows him to swap his health bar with another hero making ganks on him dangerous without extended lockdown to keep him from casting it. He can create long duration illusions of himself that deal a significant amount of his own base damage and a powerful slow that creates an unattackable illusion of target enemy hero that deals a significant amount of their base damage. His third ability is a potent long duration transformation spell that makes him a powerful ranged damage dealer. He has high starting armor but low starting health making him particularly vulnerable to early game spell damage.
| Terrorblade, the Demon Marauder
| Play "The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony."
|| Terrorblade is the demon marauder--an outlaw hellion whom even other demons fear. A cosmic iconoclast, he stole from the Demon Lords, ignored the codified rites that should have bound his behavior, and broke every law of the seven Infernal Regions. For his crimes, he was taught this lesson: even Hell has a hell. A short, brutal trial ensued, with many dead on all sides, and he was finally incarcerated in Foulfell, a hidden dimension where demonkind imprison their own.
But Foulfell is no normal prison. In this dark mirror of reality, demons are sentenced to gaze eternally into the twisted reflection of their own souls. But instead of suffering, Terrorblade made himself master of his own reflected worst self--a raging, thieving demon of unimaginable power. With his inner beast under sway, he destroyed the fractal prison walls and burst free to turn his terror loose upon all creation.
|| David Sobolov (Responses)
- Like with any other illusions creating spells, the illusions always spawn in cardinal directions, starting on east and going counterclockwise.
- It is possible to have up to 2 illusions up at a time, given the cooldown is not reset.
- Satanic could be considered as an alternative to Heart of Tarrasque provided you can deal enough damage for the lifesteal to be effective.
- A Blink Dagger allows you to close large distances instantly to get within Reflection's extremely short range, allowing you to initiate and hopefully kill lone targets without the help of an ally. It also provides you with a much-needed escape.
- While Sunder is most often used to save yourself from death or nuke an enemy carry, it can also be used to save allies. However, since Terrorblade often serves as the team's main carry, leaving yourself with very little health can be a game-risking mistake.
- Terrorblade's item builds are versatile, and can range from an early/mid-game oriented build such as Ring of Aquila, Drum of Endurance, and Sange and Yasha, to a more conservative late game build such as a Linken's Sphere rush into Manta Style (similar to how you can itemise Medusa or Morphling).
- Terrorblade's extremely high armor allows him to trade auto-attacks and tower dive with impunity in the laning phase, especially when combined with a Poor Man's Shield. However, the trade-off is his low health pool which makes him very susceptible to nukes such as Finger of Death or Laguna Blade.
- Shadow Blade is a great initiation and escape item, which also allows you to get close enough to your enemy and use Sunder with minimal risk. It also provides great damage and attack speed, both good attributes in all stages of the game. Keep in mind thought, that none of the bonuses from Shadow Blade benefit illusions.
- Terrorblade excels at split pushing in the mid and late game, where he can summon up to four Metamorphosed illusions with a Manta Style. Additionally, Sunder allows you to dominate any one-versus-one fights with heroes who don't have enough lockdown to prevent you from casting it.
- With enough points in Conjure Image, Terrorblade can become an efficient jungler who can clear multiple camps with reasonable speed.
- If a fight allows, try to pre-emptively cast Metamorphosis so you can maximise the uptime of metamorphosed illusions.
- While laning, use your illusions to stack the jungle for yourself. Then once the laning stage breaks down, you can use Metamorphosis to clear jungle stacks, thereby increasing your GPM.
- When appropriate, farm the jungle with the main Terrorblade while micro-ing Terrorblade illusions to farm in lane to boost your GPM.
- In DotA, Terrorblade and Anti-Mage were brothers. This was to be kept in Dota 2 based on certain responses Anti-Mage made in Terrorblade's presence, but upon Terrorblade's release, these relations were severed and thus the lines went unused.
- Terrorblade's title in DotA was Soul Keeper. Unlike other name changes, this one does not appear to be related to copyright issues with Blizzard. It is speculated that the name was changed to avoid conflicting abbreviations with Sand King.
- Another reason could be that the title "Soul Keeper" doesn't fit him anymore, since only one ability could be associated with souls. In earlier versions, he had a second ability called "Soul Steal", which was basically a life drain without channeling.
- In-game, Terrorblade constantly leaves flaming footprints wherever he goes, similar to his DotA hero model, Illidan Stormrage (a prominent Warcraft character), who also leaves flaming footprints. These can be seen by enemies, but stop being rendered once he's out of their vision, meaning that one cannot track down an enemy Terrorblade that goes invisible or enters Fog of War on the basis of his footprints.
- Similar to Visage, Terrorblade has undergone numerous skill remakes and revisions over time. At one point Terrorblade had a 20/40/60/80 Life Drain-esque ability called Soul Steal. Eventually it was buffed to drain life without requiring channeling, allowing TB to easily sustain himself through jungle or run someone down while draining 640 hp over the 8 second duration. Instead of granting range and a massive damage bonus at the cost of move speed, Metamorphosis used to grant range, bonus 20 movespeed, and 3 hp regen. In a later update the skill was merged with Conjure Image to both transform himself and immediately generate two ranged 10-20% damage illusions upon cast. Soul Steal was replaced by an AoE version of the current Reflection, giving Terrorblade some CC to slow and damage an area with, and the new vacant skill slot was filled with the passive Zeal, which granted him and all of his illusions 2/3/4/5 hp regen and a whopping 20/30/40/50% attack speed. The only skill that has remained relatively constant over time has been his ultimate, Sunder.
- Reflection cast point reduced from 0.5 to 0.3
- Sunder minimum HP from 25/20/15% to 20%
- Metamorphosis movement speed reduced from 315 to 290
- Conjure Image damage intake increased from 300% to 425%
- No longer interrupts the target
- Cast range increased from 250 to 325
- Enabled in Captain's Mode
- Sunder cast point improved from 0.5 to 0.35
- Strength gain reduced from 1.9 to 1.4.
- Reflection slow no longer persists through magic immunity.
- Reflection duration rebalanced from 5 to 2.5/3.5/4.5/5.5.
- Sunder cooldown reduced from 160/110/60 to 120/80/40.
- Sunder is no longer partially blocked by Magic Immunity.
- Reflection cast range increased from 250 to 275.
- Conjure Image Image illusion duration increased from 25 to 32.
- Sunder minimum HP exchange decreased from 33/28/23% to 25/20/15%.
- Metamorphosis bonus damage increased from 15/30/45/60 to 20/40/60/80.
- Armor increased by 2.
- Base hp regen increased to 2.
- Sunder is no longer blocked by Magic Immunity.
- Metamorphosis reworked
- Transforms Terrorblade into a power Demon with a ranged attack.
- Bonus Damage: 15/30/45/60
- Attack Range: 500
- Duration: 40
- Cooldown: 150
- Manacost: 50
- Slows the target unit's movement and attack speed and creates a phantom illusion (untargetable, invulnerable) of that target attacking it for the duration.
- Cast range: 250
- Manacost: 50
- Cooldown: 22/18/14/10
- Illusion Damage: 40/50/60/70%
- MS/AS Slow: 60%
- Duration: 5 seconds
- Creates an image of Terrorblade under his control. The illusion deals a percentage of his damage and takes amplified damage from all sources.
- Illusion damage dealt: 30/40/50/60%
- Illusion damage taken: 300%
- Duration: 25
- Manacost: 80
- Cooldown: 16
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Movement speed increased from 300 to 310.
- HP limit now applies to yourself.
- Cooldown rescaled from 200/120/60 to 160/110/60.
- Metamorphosis reworked
- Transforms to a powerful ranged Demon with illusions.
- Attack Range: 550
- Base Attack Time: 1.6 (melee is 1.5)
- Movement Speed: 300 (melee is 310)
- Attack Damage: 20/25/30/35 extra base damage [Illusions benefit from this damage]
- Illusion Count: 0/1/1/2
- Illusion Outgoing Damage: 0/10/15/20%
- Illusion Incoming Damage: 250%
- Duration: 30
- Cooldown: 70
- Manacost: 100
- Passive. Grants bonus attack speed and HP regeneration.
- Attack Speed: 20/30/40/50
- HP Regeneration: 2/3/4/5
- Note: Attack Speed bonus affects your Metamorphosis illusions
- Terrorblade brings forth a dark reflection of all enemy units in a small area. Affected units are slowed and attacked by their reflections for 5 seconds.
- AoE: 350
- Duration: 5 seconds
- Slow: 20/25/30/35% (MS & AS)
- Reflections Outgoing Damage: 35/45/55/65
- Reflections Incoming Damage: 0%
- Cast Range: 600
- Manacost: 75
- Cooldown: 20
- Note: Reflections can only attack their source.
- Note 2: Reflections are not normal illusions, they aren't clickable or selectable and take no damage. They are faded out visually to the enemy.
- Rebalanced all Melee heroes between 100 and 128 range to be 128 range
- Terrorblade previously had 100 range.
- Base Intelligence increased from 15 to 19.
- Can target an enemy or allied unit. Tranfsers life away from you if cast on an ally and to you if cast on an enemy.
- Not Channeling, ends if Link Range is broken.
- HP Transfer: 20/40/60/80 HP/Sec
- Duration: 5/6/7/8
- Cast Range: 400
- Link Range: 600
- Manacost: 80
- Cooldown: 16
- Note: When casting it on an ally, you have a secondary ability that lets you interrupt it whenever you want.
- Removed from Captain's Mode.
- Lowered Terrorblade's base movement speed.
- Increased cast point.
- Reduced cooldown on level 4 Metamorphosis from 135 to 110 seconds.
- Lowered Mirror Image's cooldown slightly
- Reduced Sunder manacost/cooldown at higher levels
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Conjure Image no longer requires clicking on the hero.
- TB base hp accidentally 50 lower due to a typo, so his base hp was increased by 50 but str
reduced by 2 to keep it similar
- Sunder mana cost from 175 to 250
- Tweaked clinkz, leo, tb and naix. Better balance between 6.12 and 6.09b
- TB meta attack range from 575->500
- Nerfed str per lvl from 2.4->1.9 on tb
- Made collision size on Meta TB same as regular, as the meta could get stuck in certain situations
- Reduced max range on soul steal to 600, from 800.(confirm this)
- Terrorblade meta range 575 from 600
| Reflection (Old)
| Terrorblade brings forth a dark reflection of all enemy units in a small area. Affected units are slowed and attacked by their reflections for 5 seconds.
| Cast Time: 0.5+0.51|
Attack Speed Reduction: 20%/25%/30%/35%
Movement Speed Reduction: 20%/25%/30%/35%
Illusions Damage Dealt: 35%/45%/55%/65%
- Reflections are untargetable, invulnerable illusions.
- Reflections can only attack their source.
| Increases your attack speed and HP regeneration.
| Bonus Attack Speed: 20/30/40/50|
Bonus HP Regeneration: 2/3/4/5
- Attack speed bonus affects Terrorblade's illusions too.
| Soul Steal (6.67 to 6.72)
| Can target an enemy or allied unit. Transfers life away from you if cast on an ally and to you if cast on an enemy.
| Cast Time: 0.5+0|
HP Transfer per second: 20/40/60/80
Cast Range: 400
Link Range: 600
- When casting it on an ally, you have a secondary ability that lets you interrupt it whenever you want.
- Transfer up to 100/240/420/640 HP over its duration.
- HP drained depends on the actual damage dealt, so spell reduction reduces it.
- Will continue to drain as long as the target stays within 600 range from Terrorblade.
- Soul Steal instantly destroys illusions in its first damage tick.
- Transfer up to 160/320/480/640 HP over its duration.