Terrorblade the Demon Marauder is a melee agility carry hero who is devastating in the later stages of the game. Terrorblade has the highest starting armor, but is squishy due to his low health, meaning he needs strength items to be tanky enough to sustain damage to himself and his illusions. As also with all illusion-based heroes, he needs stat-based items in order to make his illusions powerful. He is known for casting Reflection, that which creates invulnerable illusions to all enemy Heroes for a few seconds. Conjure Image creates an illusion of Terrorblade that deals considerable damage in maxed level. Terrorblade can create up to 2 illusions, which together deal more damage than Terrorblade himself, effectively overpowering Terrorblade's Base Damage (but not the Bonus Damage). Metamorphosis is an unorthodox spell that transforms Terrorblade into a powerful ranged demon capable of wrecking havoc to his enemies with the bonus range and damage, but makes Terrorblade slower. This spell also makes illusions of Terrorblade transform into of his demonic form, but reverts back once it wanders too far away from Terrorblade and finally his ultimate, Sunder, is a very unique ability that swaps his health with a targeted hero, ally or enemy alike. This makes ganks on him incredibly risky since he can sunder a hero before making his move. With his 2 Illusion-based spells, 1 semi-ultimate and his ultimate, Terrorblade's skill set makes him a foe in the early game and is absolutely terrifying at the later stages of the game and is usually played as a hard carry.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Upon cast, slows all enemy visible heroes and illusions within range and creates illusions of them.
- Reflection illusions are invulnerable, untargetable and uncontrollable.
- Reflection illusions have 522 movement speed and free pathing. They also provide vision equal to the vision range of their target.
- The illusions attempt to attack their targets. If they cannot be attacked, they follow the targets close enough until they can be attacked again.
- The illusions do not lose track when their targets turn invisible, hidden or move in the Fog of War. Though they need vision to attack.
- The illusions are completely immune to every spell, even those which affect invulnerable units.
- Just like other illusions, Reflection illusions bestow auras and can make use of other passive abilities which work for illusions.
- The slow debuffs and the illusions are independent from each other. Dispelling the slow does not remove the illusion.
- The slow of multiple casts does not stack, but each cast creates an illusion for each enemy hero within range.
- Has a cast backswing of 1.66 during Metamorphosis.
- The created illusions are visually distinguishable from the real Terrorblade for the enemies.
- When cast during Metamorphosis, the illusions are only in ranged form when staying within range.
- Like with any other illusions creating spells, the illusions always spawn in cardinal directions, starting on east and going counterclockwise.
- Considering the default cooldown, it is possible to have 3 illusions up at a time.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.7 during Metamorphosis.
- Metamorphosis disjoints projectiles upon cast. Illusions also disjoint projectiles whenever they enter Metamorphosis form.
- During the transformation, Terrorblade cannot do anything. Cannot be interrupted. This applies to transforming illusions as well.
- Bonus damage is added to Terrorblade's and his illusions' base attack damage.
- Increases Terrorblade's base attack damage to attack range to 550 and decreases movement speed to 290. / / / ,
- It also gives him ranged unit properties, so all items with ranged and melee differences ( Manta Style) use their ranged values.
- Terrorblade's attack projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- The aura only affects illusions under Terrorblade's control, except for the illusions from Reflection.
- The transformation aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- While transformed, Terrorblade does not leave footprints behind.
- Metamorphosis is fully canceled on death.
- Sunder can be cast on enemy and allied heroes, and on illusions.
- Terrorblade and his target always end up with a minimum of 25% max HP.
- For example, if both parties have 5% HP before Sunder, then they both end up at 25% thereafter.
- Sunder directly manipulates Terrorblade's and his target's health, so it has no interaction with on-damage effects.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.8 during Metamorphosis.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Tango and Healing Salve both provide needed health regeneration during the laning phase.
- Slippers of Agility help Terrorblade last hit and deny easier and build into a Ring of Aquila.
- Stout Shield along with Terrorblade's high base armor help reduce the amount of damage he might take from harassment and creeps while laning.
- Bracer makes Terrorblade slightly tankier early on and later builds into a Drum of Endurance.
- Ring of Aquila provides minor stats as well as much needed armor and mana regen.
- Power Treads provide attack speed and some strength, both of which are needed on Terrorblade.
- Drum of Endurance provides a solid attribute bonus, while the movement and attack speed aura benefits both you and illusions you create from Terrorblade.
- Sange and Yasha provides great all around benefits for Terrorblade and his illusions.
- Dragon Lance greatly increases Terrorblade's range in Metamorphosis. The range also helps Terrorblade and his illusions to hit towers from a safer distance.
- Manta Style is a great complement to Terrorblade as it allows you to have up to 4 illusions at once.
- Butterfly provides the 2nd most agility of any item. Illusions also benefit from the evasion.
- Radiance provides a lot of damage and the Radiance aura can accelerate Terrorblade's farm and increase his ability to push. Illusions carry the Radiance aura, although the aura does not stack from multiple sources.
- Shadow Blade is a great initiation and escape item, which also allows you to get close enough to your enemy and use Sunder with minimal risk. It also provides great damage and attack speed, both good attributes in all stages of the game.
- Helm of the Dominator is useful to keep Terrorblade alive in teamfights.
- Boots of Travel can be purchased early to help Terrorblade split push.
- Black King Bar is the standard choice against multiple disablers.
- Eye of Skadi's attack and movement slow stacks nicely with your Terrorblade, and can bring enemy heroes to a halt.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives you a massive health bonus, which is well needed as Terrorblade's strength growth is one of the weakest in the entire game, and a powerful regeneration.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In DotA, Terrorblade and Anti-Mage were brothers. This was to be kept in Dota 2 based on certain responses Anti-Mage made in Terrorblade's presence, but upon Terrorblade's release, these relations were severed and thus the lines went unused.
- Terrorblade's title in DotA was Soul Keeper. Unlike other name changes, this one does not appear to be related to copyright issues with Blizzard. It is speculated that the name was changed to avoid conflicting abbreviations with Sand King.
- In-game, Terrorblade constantly leaves flaming footprints wherever he goes, similar to his DotA hero model, Illidan Stormrage (a prominent Warcraft character). These can be seen by enemies, but stop being rendered once he's out of their vision, meaning that one cannot track down an enemy Terrorblade that goes invisible or enters the Fog of War on the basis of his footprints.