Terrorblade the Demon Marauder is a melee Agility Carry with a focus on a limited amount of powerful illusions. As with any illusion based hero, he requires stats-based items to make his illusions as strong as possible. His unique ultimate allows him to swap his health bar with another hero making ganks on him dangerous without extended lockdown to keep him from casting it. He can create long duration illusions of himself that deal a significant amount of his own base damage and a powerful slow that creates unattackable illusions of all nearby enemy heroes that deal a significant amount of their base damage. His third ability is a potent long duration transformation spell that makes him a powerful ranged damage dealer. He has high starting armor but low starting health making him particularly vulnerable to early game spell damage.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Terrorblade brings forth an invulnerable dark reflection of all nearby enemy heroes. Affected enemy heroes are slowed and attacked by their reflection.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Move Speed Slow: 25%
Attack Speed Slow: 25
Illusion Damage Dealt: 40%/60%/80%/100%
Reflection Slow: Dispellable with any dispel.
|In the fractal prison of Foulfell, Terrorblade learned the truth of this old tale: you are your own worst enemy. Now it is a lesson he teaches others.|
- Upon cast, slows all enemy visible heroes and illusions within range and creates illusions of them.
- Reflection illusions are invulnerable, untargetable and uncontrollable.
- Reflection illusions have 522 movement speed and free pathing. They also provide vision equal to the vision range of their target.
- The illusions attempt to attack their targets. If they cannot be attacked, they follow the targets close enough until they can be attacked again.
- The illusions do not lose track when their targets turn invisible, hidden or move in the Fog of War. Though they need vision to attack.
- The illusions are completely immune to every spell, even those which affect invulnerable units.
- Just like other illusions, Reflection illusions bestow auras and can make use of other passive abilities which work for illusions.
- The slow debuffs and the illusions are independent from each other. Dispelling the slow does not remove the illusion.
- The slow of multiple casts does not stack, but each cast creates an illusion for each enemy hero within range.
- Has a cast backswing of 1.66 during Metamorphosis.
|Creates an illusion of Terrorblade that deals damage.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Number of Illusions: 1
Illusion Damage Dealt: 30%/40%/50%/60%
Illusion Damage Taken: 400%
|There's only one thing more dangerous than facing Terrorblade. Facing MORE Terrorblades!|
- The created illusions are visually distinguishable from the real Terrorblade for the enemies.
- When cast during Metamorphosis, the illusions are only in ranged form when staying within range.
- Like with any other illusions creating spells, the illusions always spawn in cardinal directions, starting on east and going counterclockwise.
- Considering the default cooldown, it is possible to have 3 illusions up at a time.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.7 during Metamorphosis.
|Terrorblade transforms into a powerful demon with a ranged attack. Any of Terrorblade's illusions that are within 900 range will also be transformed by Metamorphosis.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Transformation Time: 0.35
Illusion Radius: 900
Attack Damage Bonus: 20/40/60/80
Attack Range Bonus: 400
Move Speed Loss: 25
Metamorphosis Transform: Undispellable.
Metamorphosis Transform Aura: Undispellable.
Metamorphosis Transform Aura Applier: Undispellable.
|Temper, temper. The rage rises up and takes control. Meet Terrorblade's own worst self.|
- Metamorphosis disjoints projectiles upon cast. Illusions also disjoint projectiles whenever they enter Metamorphosis form.
- During the transformation, Terrorblade cannot do anything. Cannot be interrupted. This applies to transforming illusions as well.
- Bonus damage is added to Terrorblade's and his illusions' base attack damage.
- Increases Terrorblade's base attack damage to attack range to 550 and decreases movement speed to 290. / / / ,
- It also gives him ranged unit properties, so all items with ranged and melee differences ( Manta Style) use their ranged values.
- Terrorblade's attack projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- The aura only affects illusions under Terrorblade's control, except for the illusions from Reflection.
- The transformation aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- While transformed, Terrorblade does not leave footprints behind.
- Metamorphosis is fully canceled on death.
|Severs the life from both Terrorblade and a target hero, exchanging a percentage of both units' current health. Some health points must remain.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 550
Minimum Health: 25%
|You didn't need that life, did you? The demon marauder steals that which you hold most dear.|
- Sunder can be cast on enemy and allied heroes, and on illusions.
- Terrorblade and his target always end up with a minimum of 25% max HP.
- For example, if both parties have 5% HP before Sunder, then they both end up at 25% thereafter.
- Sunder directly manipulates Terrorblade's and his target's health, so it has no interaction with on-damage effects.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.8 during Metamorphosis.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Tango and Healing Salve both provide needed health regeneration during the laning phase.
- Slippers of Agility help Terrorblade last hit and deny easier and build into a Ring of Aquila.
- Stout Shield along with Terrorblade's high base armor help reduce the amount of damage he might take from harassment and creeps while laning.
- Bracer makes Terrorblade slightly tankier early on and later builds into a Drum of Endurance.
- Ring of Aquila provides minor stats as well as much needed armor and mana regen.
- Power Treads provide attack speed and some strength, both of which are needed on Terrorblade.
- Drum of Endurance provides a solid attribute bonus, while the movement and attack speed aura benefits both you and illusions you create from Conjure Image.
- Sange and Yasha provides great all around benefits for Terrorblade and his illusions.
- Manta Style is a great complement to Conjure Image as it allows you to have up to 4 illusions at once.
- Butterfly provides the 2nd most agility of any item. Illusions also benefit from the evasion.
- Radiance provides a lot of damage and the Radiance aura can accelerate Terrorblade's farm and increase his ability to push. Illusions carry the Radiance aura, although the aura does not stack from multiple sources.
- Black King Bar is the standard choice against multiple disablers.
- Eye of Skadi's Attack and Movement slow stacks nicely with your Reflection, and can bring enemy heroes to a halt.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives you a massive health bonus, which is well needed as Terrorblade's strength growth is one of the weakest in the entire game, and a powerful regeneration.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Terrorblade's item builds are versatile, and can range from an early/mid-game oriented build such as Ring of Aquila, Drum of Endurance, and Sange and Yasha, to a more conservative late game build such as a Linken's Sphere/ Eye of Skadi rush into Manta Style (similar to how you can itemise Medusa or Morphling).
- Build items this way to make his illusions stronger and to tank more magical damage since he has natural high armor to soak physical damage.
- Ethereal Blade is an underused but effective item, providing a hefty 40 agility + 10 strength at 4700 gold. The active nuke is also extremely powerful as a finisher, in conjunction with Sunder and Terrorblade's high agility gain.
- Satanic could be considered as an alternative to Heart of Tarrasque provided you can deal enough damage for the lifesteal to be effective. If Sunder is currently on cooldown, Satanic's active can be considered an alternative to it as it can very easily refill your entire health bar. However, beware that Satanic also acts as a strong way of countering Terrorblade himself in a one-versus-one as the person who you are up against can activate Unholy Rage right after you have used Sunder on them, effectively making your ultimate pointless.
- A Blink Dagger allows you to initiate with Reflection/Sunder and hopefully kill lone targets without the help of an ally. It also provides you with a much-needed escape.
- While Sunder is most often used to save yourself from death or nuke an enemy carry, it can also be used to save allies. However, since Terrorblade often serves as the team's main carry, leaving yourself with very little health can be a game-risking mistake.
- Terrorblade's extremely high armor allows him to trade auto-attacks and tower dive with impunity in the laning phase, especially when combined with a Poor Man's Shield. However, the trade-off is his low health pool which makes him very susceptible to nukes such as Finger of Death or Laguna Blade.
- Shadow Blade is a great initiation and escape item, which also allows you to get close enough to your enemy and use Sunder with minimal risk. It also provides great damage and attack speed, both good attributes in all stages of the game. Keep in mind though, that none of the bonuses from Shadow Blade benefit illusions.
- Terrorblade excels at split pushing in the mid and late game, where he can summon up to four Metamorphosed illusions with a Manta Style. Additionally, Sunder allows you to dominate any one-versus-one fights with heroes who don't have enough lockdown to prevent you from casting it.
- With enough points in Conjure Image, Terrorblade can become an efficient jungler who can clear multiple camps with reasonable speed.
- While laning, use your illusions to stack the jungle for yourself. Then once the laning stage breaks down, you can use Metamorphosis to clear jungle stacks, thereby increasing your GPM.
- When appropriate, farm the jungle with the main Terrorblade while micro-ing Terrorblade illusions to farm in lane to boost your GPM.
- Octarine Core has high synergy with Terrorblade's skillset in that allows him to more consistently summon illusions, reduces the cooldown of Metamorphosis which allows him to fight more often with it, and reduces the cooldown of Sunder to 30 seconds, potentially allowing him to cast it twice in a fight. It also gives him mana and much needed HP. However, it offers no offensive or farming potential by itself, so it should never be picked up immediately.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In DotA, Terrorblade and Anti-Mage were brothers. This was to be kept in Dota 2 based on certain responses Anti-Mage made in Terrorblade's presence, but upon Terrorblade's release, these relations were severed and thus the lines went unused.
- Terrorblade's title in DotA was Soul Keeper. Unlike other name changes, this one does not appear to be related to copyright issues with Blizzard. It is speculated that the name was changed to avoid conflicting abbreviations with Sand King.
- In-game, Terrorblade constantly leaves flaming footprints wherever he goes, similar to his DotA hero model, Illidan Stormrage (a prominent Warcraft character). These can be seen by enemies, but stop being rendered once he's out of their vision, meaning that one cannot track down an enemy Terrorblade that goes invisible or enters the Fog of War on the basis of his footprints.