From Dota 2 Wiki
|Forage to survive on the battlefield.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Stacks with itself in inventory, there is no stack limit. The sell-back price adapts based on the number of Tangoes in a stack.
- A set of Tangoes is not shareable. However, it is possible to give allies a Tango charge by casting it on them.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- When cast on trees, enemy Observer Wards and Sentry Wards, it destroys the target and heals the user.
- When targeting wards or trees placed by Iron Branch, the heal duration is doubled.
- Restores health in the form of health regeneration, so it heals for 0.72 health in 0.1 second intervals (7.19 health per second).
- One set of Tangoes can heal for up to 460 (920) health.
- Successive uses with the same unit do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Cannot be cast on any other ward than enemy Observer and Sentry Wards.
- When targeting an allied hero, it creates a Tango (Shared) in the targeted ally's inventory, instead of healing the user.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Tangoes are a very effective source of combat heal in the early-game, as they do not dispel upon taking damage. When an engagement seems even or against you, using a Tango can tilt the balance in your favor.
- Although one Tango charge heals way less and slower than a Healing Salve, one set of Tangoes provides in about the same HP/gold value. Also, the fact that it is not dispelled by damage and its side effect of destroying trees makes it more versatile than Healing Salves. So if no quick and strong healing is required, Tangoes are usually more valuable.
- They can also be cast on Observer and Sentry Wards with doubled healing effects, making them very useful for dewarding.
- Since using Tangoes on a tree destroys the tree, it can be used to create alternate pathways between some trees, making it easier to escape or chase enemies. Sometimes it is fully worth it to use a Tango just for this purpose.
- Unlike other restoring consumables, it is possible to give allies one charge of the Tangoes stack. This allows players to grant another lane healing without having to be there. Giving the mid-laner 1 or 2 charges can be a deciding factor for doing well in the lane.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original DotA, Tango's full name was "Ancient Tango of Essifation".
Gallery[edit | edit source]