19 + 1.5
22 + 1.8
23 + 2.6
Raijin Thunderkeg, the Storm Spirit, is a ranged Intelligence hero who wields the elemental power of lightning. He has high mobility, strong ganking and carrying potential, and very good synergy between his hero abilities.
Static Remnant creates an immobile clone of himself that, upon contact with an enemy, shocks all enemies in a small area for damage. It has a very low cooldown, making it a good farming skill. Electric Vortex binds an enemy to himself, drawing it in slowly; at higher levels of the skill, it will always be able to pull the target into a Static Remnant. Overload further supplements this combo by harnessing the excess charge whenever Raijin casts a spell, adding it in the form of magical damage to his next attack and zapping enemies in a radius around the target. Finally, Storm Spirit's ultimate and signature skill is Ball Lightning, in which he transforms into pure energy, sacrificing his own mana to dash quickly around the map in an invulnerable state, inflicting minor damage to foes he impacts as well as giving him an Overload charge. It can be used to initiate and escape long distances with ease.
Because his ultimate disjoints enemy projectiles and has no cooldown, he can prove to be one of the most slippery foes in the game, provided that he has enough mana regeneration to sustain it and/or the enemy team does not have strong disables such as stuns and silences. However, without proper mana management, he will run out of juice very quickly and become a sitting duck. While extremely vulnerable early game before he acquires his ultimate, once he does so, if he gets a few quick kills and some mana-sustaining items, he will become an unstoppable force of nature.
| Raijin, the Storm Spirit
| Play "Everyone complains about the weather...well, I'm doing something about it!"
|| Carry / Initiator / Escape / Disabler
|| Storm Spirit is literally a force of nature--the wild power of wind and weather, bottled in human form. And a boisterous, jovial, irrepressible form it is! As jolly as a favorite uncle, he injects every scene with crackling energy. But it was not always thus, and there was tragedy in his creation. Generations ago, in the plains beyond the Wailing Mountains, a good people lay starving in drought and famine. A simple elementalist, Thunderkeg by name, used a forbidden spell to summon the spirit of the storm, asking for rain. Enraged at this mortal’s presumption, the Storm Celestial known as Raijin lay waste to the land, scouring it bare with winds and flood. Thunderkeg was no match for the Celestial--at least until he cast a suicidal spell that forged their fates into one: he captured the Celestial in the cage of his own body. Trapped together, Thunderkeg's boundless good humor fused with Raijin's crazed energy, creating the jovial Raijin Thunderkeg, a Celestial who walks the world in physical form.
|| John Patrick Lowrie (Responses)
- The slow and damage are applied to all enemy units within the radius around the attacked target.
- The charge is released upon successfully hitting a target. If the attack misses or is disjointed, nothing will happen.
- Each attack checks for the buff on Storm Spirit upon successfully hitting the target. If the buff is present, the charge will be released.
- This means when Storm Spirit gains the buff while an attack projectile is flying, that attack will still release the charge when it hits.
- Attacking buildings or allies does not release the charge, however attacking wards does.
- Electric Vortex allows Raijin to pull his target close enough to his Static Remnant, triggering its damage.
- Ball Lightning can be cast at minuscule ranges to trigger Overload.
- Using Ball Lightning, Storm Spirit can travel behind enemies, forcing them to turn around to attack him. Dance around an enemy with Ball Lightning to confuse them even more.
- A very common combo Storm Spirit uses to nuke down lone heroes is to ambush them with: Ball Lightning > Attack > Vortex > Attack > Remnant > Attack > Ball Lightning through them to dodge their retaliation > Attack > Escape if enemy has not died. This will greatly injure most heroes, and kill those foolish enough to be walking around alone with weakened HP.
- Another alternative would be to use Ball Lightning > Attack > Vortex > Remnant > Attack > then just normal attack and use Ball Lightning to chase enemies when out of range. When engaging heroes like Earthshaker/ Vengeful Spirit, a wise move would be to use Ball Lightning after Vortex is over since the enemy would most likely cast a stun first which Storm would be able to dodge.
- When engaging a group of heroes, Storm Spirit can actually, although at a risk, be the first one to engage them, followed by several allies already behind him to back him up. This strategy can make enemy heroes blow most cooldowns on Storm Spirit while he can simple run away with Ball Lightning, disable a hero with Electric Vortex, leave a Static Remnant behind and pave the way for allied heroes and their counter initiation.
- While in Ball Lightning, you can use items like Shiva's Guard to bring a dazzling yet deadly cold storm which follows around while rolling on. Great for initiating and crippling enemies, along with Overload, escaping away is most unlikely. You can also cast Static Remnant for farming or pushing, or just show some amazing power.
November 18, 2014 Patch
November 14, 2013 Patch
September 13, 2012 Patch
July 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Static Remnant blocking Creep camps.
May 17, 2012 Patch
- Added additional dialog for Earthshaker, Pudge, Storm Spirit, Shadow Fiend, and Doombringer.
March 22, 2012 Patch
- Fixed attack projectile speed.
January 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Ball Lightning costing draining more mana if you cast it again while still in it.
January 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Overload charge being used up if the target dies before impact.
November 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the following ability interactions with Repel/Purge: Inner Vitality, Weave, Moonlight Shadow, Overload, Holy Persuasion, Warcry, Shadow Word, Focus Fire, Sukuchi, Berserker's Call, Chilling Touch.
November 03, 2011 Patch
- Fixed an exploit with Ball Lightning that could cause you to kill enemy units from your fountain.
- Fixed Ball Lightning's stopping a little too early when almost out of mana
October 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Electric Vortex affecting Roshan.
- Fixed Static Remnant cast point.
September 09, 2011 Patch
- Ball Lightning now properly gives 1000/1000 flying vision for its duration.
July 16, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Static Remnant affecting ancients.
- Fixed Static Remnant triggering rules.
May 26, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Static Remnant not giving vision.
May 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Electric Vortex sometimes not pulling a unit if it is running away while casting.
March 12, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Storm's Overcharge being used up on denies.
January 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Storm's Overload using up charges against towers.
- Rescaled Ball Lightning manacost per 100 traveled units from 10 + 1% to 12 + 0.7% of max mana.
- Increased Overload damage from 30/45/60/75 to 30/50/70/90.
- Increased base intelligence and gain from 26 + 2.6 to 23 + 2.2.
- Intelligence base and growth reduced from 26 + 2.6 to 23 + 2.2.
- Increased Electric Vortex manacost from 100 on each level to 100/110/120/130.
- Reduced attack range from 500 to 480.
- Ball Lightning now gives an error message when cast without enough mana.
- Static Remnant:
- Raijin creates a remnant of himself containing his essence. The Static Remnant will release its stored energy whenever an enemy units comes near it. Lasts up to 12 seconds.
- Trigger radius: 235
- Damage radius: 260
- Activation delay: 1
- Damage: 140/180/220/260
- Remnant duration: 12
- Manacost: 70/80/90/100
- Cooldown: 4
- Notes: Has an instant cast time. After the remnant is placed, it takes 1 second for it to get active. Once active, it triggers on any enemy coming too close to it, dealing damage.
- Electric Vortex:
- Storm focuses his energy to rip open a vortex drawing an enemy to it. This process slows the Storm Spirit down for a brief period.
- Cast range: 300
- Pull distance: 100/150/200/250
- Pull duration: 1/1.5/2/2.5
- Self movement speed slow: 50%
- Slow duration: 3
- Manacost: 100
- Cooldown: 20
- Notes: Is not a channeling spell. Can pull the target over impassable terrain.
- Old Overload:
- Each successful attack builds up a static charge, eventually releasing in the form of an electrical burst. The burst deals damage and does a minor slow effect to the attacked foe and nearby area.
- Radius: 350
- Attacks to trigger: 8/7/6/5
- Damage: 30/45/60/75
- Movement speed slow: 80%
- Attack speed slow: 50
- Slow duration: 0.6
- Notes: After having done 7/6/5/4 attacks, the next attack will deal damage and slow units around the attack target including the target.
- New Overload:
- Storm Spirit becomes overloaded with electrical energy whenever he casts a spell. The charge is released on his next attack as an electrical burst, dealing damage and slowing nearby units.
- Radius: 275
- Damage: 30/45/60/75
- Movement speed slow: 80%
- Attack speed slow: 50
- Slow duration: 0.6
- Notes: Similar to the old Overload. Instead of giving a charge every x attacks, gives a charge upon spell cast.
- Ball Lightning:
- Storm Spirit becomes enveloped with energy, losing his physical form, and travels until he depletes his mana or chooses to stop. While in this form, he deals damage to nearby units based on how far his electrical form has traversed. Damage, speed and area of effect improves per level.
- Cast range: Global
- Damage radius: 125/200/275
- Travel speed: 1250/1875/2500
- Damage per traveled 100 units: 8/12/16
- Manacost per traveled 100 units: 10 + 1% of max mana pool
- Activation manacost: 15 + 7% of max mana pool
- Cooldown: 0
- Notes: Storm Spirit is invulnerable while traveling. Stops traveling whenever Storm Spirit runs out of mana or reaches the targeted point. The further he travels, the more damage it deals around him. Damage is dealt throughout the whole traveling. Storm Spirit can cast spells, use items and attack during Ball Lightning.
- Increased base armor from -1 to 3 (total armor is now 4.38).
- Fixed Electric Rave toggling itself off when affected by Last Word.
- Overload no longer uses its charge up when attacking allied units.
- Electric Rave
- Fixed sometimes not stopping to drain mana after toggled off.
- Reduced activation manacost from 6/9/12/15 to 3/6/9/12.
- This ability was replaced by Static Remnant in the 6.58 gameplay patch.
- Does not interrupt Storm Spirit's channeling spells upon toggling.
- Barrier blocks damage before any reductions. The only exception here is spell immunity, during which it does not block any magic damage.
- This ability got reworked into the current Overload in the 6.58 gameplay patch.
- When making 7/6/5/4 attacks, particle effects appear on Storm Spirit's hands, showing that the next attack is with Overload.
- Pre 6.45, this ability used to apply a dispel to all affected enemy units within the radius.
- This ability got reworked in the 6.58 gameplay patch.
- Storm Spirit and pulled units travel at a speed of 1200.
- Lightning Grapple cannot be cast on cliff areas.
- Any enemy hero which comes within 200 radius of Storm Spirit while he travels to the targeted point gets pulled with him.
- Does not turn Storm Spirit or any affected unit invulnerable for the duration.
- Storm Spirit and affected units can still attack, use items and cast abilities while being pulled.
- Destroys trees within a 200 radius around Storm Spirit upon reaching the targeted point.
- Pre 6.46, this ability used to pull all units in its path along, not only heroes.
The International 4 artwork
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raijin