Raijin Thunderkeg, the Storm Spirit, is a ranged Intelligence hero who wields the elemental power of lightning. He has high mobility, strong ganking and carrying potential, and very good synergy between his hero abilities.
Static Remnant creates an immobile clone of himself that, upon contact with an enemy, shocks all enemies in a small area for damage. It has a very low cooldown, making it a good farming skill. Electric Vortex binds an enemy to himself, drawing it in slowly; at higher levels of the skill, it will always be able to pull the target into a Static Remnant. Overload further supplements this combo by harnessing the excess charge whenever Raijin casts a spell, adding it in the form of magical damage to his next attack and zapping enemies in a radius around the target. Finally, Storm Spirit's ultimate and signature skill is Ball Lightning, in which he transforms into pure energy, sacrificing his own mana to dash quickly around the map in an invulnerable state, inflicting minor damage to foes he impacts as well as giving him an Overload charge. It can be used to initiate and escape long distances with ease.
Because his ultimate disjoints enemy projectiles and has no cooldown, he can prove to be one of the most slippery foes in the game, provided that he has enough mana regeneration to sustain it and/or the enemy team does not have strong disables such as stuns and silences. However, without proper mana management, he will run out of juice very quickly and become a sitting duck. While extremely vulnerable early game before he acquires his ultimate, once he does so, if he gets a few quick kills and some mana-sustaining items, he will become an unstoppable force of nature.
 Recommended items
- Electric Vortex allows Raijin to pull his target close enough to his Static Remnant, triggering its damage.
- Ball Lightning can be cast at minuscule ranges to trigger Overload.
- Using Ball Lightning, Storm Spirit can travel behind enemies, forcing them to turn around to attack him. Dance around an enemy with Ball Lightning to confuse them even more.
- A very common combo Storm Spirit uses to nuke down lone heroes is to ambush them with: Ball Lightning > Attack > Vortex > Attack > Remnant > Attack > Ball Lightning through them to dodge their retaliation > Attack > Escape if enemy has not died. This will greatly injure most heroes, and kill those foolish enough to be walking around alone with weakened HP.
- Another alternative would be to use ball lightning > overload > vortex > remnant > overload > then just normal attack and use ball lightning to chase enemies when out of range. When engaging heroes like Earthshaker/ Vengeful Spirit, a wise move would be to use ball lightning after vortex is over since the enemy would most likely cast a stun first which storm would be able to dodge.
- When engaging a group of heroes, Storm Spirit can actually, although at a risk, be the first one to engage them, followed by several allies already behind him to back him up. This strategy can make enemy heroes blow most cooldowns on Storm Spirit while he can simple run away with Ball Lightning, disable a hero with Electric Vortex, leave a Static Remnant behind and pave the way for allied heroes and their counter initiation.
- While in Ball Lightning, you can use items like Shiva's Guard to bring a dazzling yet deadly cold storm which follows around while rolling on. Great for initiating and crippling enemies, along with Overload, escaping away is most unlikely. You can also cast Static Remnant for farming or pushing, or just show some amazing power.
- If you are going to build a Bloodstone, it is advisable to build Arcane Boots first. This will give you a good mana boost early, and you can dissemble Arcane Boots to finish Bloodstone once you have all necessary components.
- Much like Brewmaster, Ember Spirit, and Earth Spirit in DotA, Storm Spirit's hero model was a pandaren; however, it had to be changed as he transitioned to Dota 2, in order to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard.
- Raijin is the name of the god of thunder and lightning in the Japanese Shinto religion. 
 Update history
- Changed model.
- [Undocumented] Broken down a number of existing hero models into multiple parts Death Prophet, Enchantress, Huskar, Silencer, Sniper, Storm Spirit, Venomancer and Weaver.
- Fixed Static Remnant blocking Creep camps.
- Added additional dialog for Earthshaker, Pudge, Storm Spirit, Shadow Fiend, and Doombringer.
- Fixed attack projectile speed.
- Fixed Ball Lightning costing draining more mana if you cast it again while still in it.
- Fixed Overload charge being used up if the target dies before impact.
- Fixed the following ability interactions with Repel/Purge: Inner Vitality, Weave, Moonlight Shadow, Overload, Holy Persuasion, Warcry, Shadow Word, Focus Fire, Sukuchi, Berserker's Call, Chilling Touch.
- Fixed an exploit with Ball Lightning that could cause you to kill enemy units from your fountain.
- Fixed Ball Lightning's stopping a little too early when almost out of mana
- Fixed Electric Vortex affecting Roshan.
- Fixed Static Remnant cast point.
- Ball Lightning now properly gives 1000/1000 flying vision for its duration.
- Fixed Static Remnant affecting ancients.
- Fixed Static Remnant triggering rules.
- Fixed Static Remnant not giving vision.
- Fixed Electric Vortex sometimes not pulling a unit if it is running away while casting.
- Fixed Storm's Overcharge being used up on denies.
- Fixed Storm's Overload using up charges against towers.
 Balance changelog
- Base movement speed reduced from 295 to 290.
- Electric Vortex cooldown decreased from 20 to 21/20/19/18.
- Static Remnant cooldown decreased from 4 to 3.5.
- Overload bonus damage increased from 30/45/60/75 to 30/50/70/90.
- Base Strength increased by 2.
- Intelligence growth increased from 2.2 to 2.6.
- Intelligence base and growth reduced from 26 + 2.6 to 23 + 2.2.
- Electric Vortex mana cost increased from 100 to 100/110/120/130.
- Attack range lowered from 500 to 480.
- Base Intelligence increased from 23 to 26.
- Attack Range: 500. Movement Speed 295.
- Strength: 17 + 1.5. Agility: 22 + 1.8. Intelligence: 23 + 2.6.
- Static Remnant:
- Raijin creates a remnant of himself containing his essence. The Static Remnant will release its stored energy whenever an enemy units comes near it. Lasts up to 12 seconds.
- Damage: 140/180/220/260. Trigger AOE: 210. Damage AOE: 260. Cooldown: 4. Manacost: 70/80/90/100.
- Takes 1 second to create after cast. This is not channeling, just time delayed.
- Electric Vortex:
- Storm focuses his energy to rip open a vortex drawing an enemy to it. This process slows the Storm Spirit down for a brief period.
- Pulls 100/150/200/250 units over 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds.
- Your movement is reduced by 50% for 3 seconds.
- Cast Range: 300. Manacost: 100. Cooldown: 20.
- Storm Spirit becomes overloaded with electrical energy whenever he casts a spell. The charge is released on his next attack as an electrical burst, dealing damage and slowing nearby units.
- Slow: 50% as 80% ms Lasts 0.6 seconds (Same stats as old overload)
- Bonus damage: 30/45/60/75. AOE: 275.
- Ball Lightning:
- Storm Spirit becomes enveloped with energy, losing his physical form, and travels until he depletes his mana or chooses to stop. While in this form, he deals damage to nearby units based on how far his electrical form has traversed. Damage, speed and area of effect improves per level.
- Stops traveling whenever you run out of mana. Deals damage in a small area around you based on distance traveled.
- Damage: 8/12/16 per 100 units traveled. Manacost: (15 + 7% of total manabase) + mana based on distance traveled (10+1% per 100 units). Cast Range: Global. Cooldown: 0.
- Travel speed and damage AoE improves per level.
- You can cast spells like Static Remnant during your roll if you are quick enough.
- Specific interactions with spells/projectiles follow the same rules as Waveform does.
- Improved Storm Spirit's base armor.
- Improved cast range on Lightning Grapple
- Increased Barrier cooldown
 Pre-6.58 rework Abilities
 See also