Stats are a record of the player's Wins, Losses, and Abandons. They are displayed on the player profile.
Wins and Losses
- Ability Draft
- All Pick
- All Random
- Captains Draft
- Captains Mode
- Least Played
- Limited Heroes
- Random Draft
- Single Draft
(Public matchmaking includes Casual matches, Ranked matches, and Co-op Bot matches; however Team matches are tracked separately)
Interaction with Abandon
In case of Early abandonment by either an ally or enemy, wins and losses will not be recorded. Wins and losses under Late Abandonment will be recorded regardless of how many players are left in game.
An Abandon occurs when a player:
- Disconnects for a total of 5 minutes.
- Disconnect time is cumulative, meaning that a player who disconnects once for 2 minutes, reconnects, and disconnects again for 3 minutes, will be counted as an abandon.
- Has not gained any experience for 5 minutes.
- Leaves the game through the matchmaking menu.
- Has not interacted with the game for 2 minutes.
Early vs Late Abandonment
In casual matchmaking, Abandon is considered Early if it occurs:
- Before 5 minutes has passed on the game clock.
- If First Blood occurs before this abandon, it will be counted as a Late abandon even if 5 minutes have not passed.
Early abandons do not count towards Wins or Losses in your stats. All other forms of abandons will be considered Late, and the outcome of the match will be recorded in your stats, as well as updates to your Matchmaking Rating.
- Too many abandons will result in the player being put in Low Priority matchmaking for 5 games.
- Each additional abandonment will add the same amount of games that the player is forced to spend in the Low Priority matchmaking queue.
- Abandonment is counted for the abandoning player immediately after abandoning. This will be taken into account should a player decide to queue immediately for a new game after abandoning.
- Abandonment is treated "more severely" in ranked matches.
- Any player who abandons in ranked matches will receive a Loss, regardless of the outcome of the match.
- Abandons are never assessed when players are disconnected due to a server crash.
- A message must appear in-game in order for this to apply.
Once a player has abandoned, other players are free to leave the game without danger of being placed in low priority or receiving an abandon count in their stats. The abandoned player's gold is divided amongst the remaining players on his/her team, as well as the passive 1.25 gold per second gain. Gold gained from selling items in the inventory will also be redistributed. Abandoned players who reconnect will begin to gain gold passively again, but will not recover any of his/her lost gold.
Stats will not be recorded when:
- An early abandon occurs in a public match (See section above).
- Playing in a private/local lobby.
- Playing in a Tutorial game (However, tutorial progress will be recorded).
- Playing as a coach in a public match.