From Dota 2 Wiki
|A ring that feeds on the souls of those who wear it.|
Ability[edit | edit source]
|Consume 150 health to temporarily gain 150 mana. Lasts 10 seconds.|
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- If the added 150 mana would exceed the user's current mana pool, its maximum mana pool is temporarily increased by the exceeding amount.
- At the end of the duration, the user loses any of the unused mana of the 150 mana and its maximum mana pool goes back to normal if it was exceeded.
- The lost health is not gained back when the gained mana was unused or partly unused.
- The 150 health lost upon cast is never lethal. When casting with less than 150 health, the user's health goes down to 1.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Soul Ring as an early-game item: Bane, Broodmother, Dark Seer, Enigma, Techies.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Soul Ring as a core item: Abaddon, Omniknight, Tinker.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When the cooldown goes off (30 seconds) the HP regenerated is 60% from the original 150 HP consumed, so the value of HP used for the Sacrifice ability is 60 HP, only the 40% of the total used.
- If your hero has low health or no means of regenerating health, consider picking up Tranquil Boots too in order to refill health after using the active a lot.
- Consider dropping items that increase mana capacity before using Soul Ring and picking them back up afterwards. Dropping those items decreases your mana capacity while current mana percentage remains the same, but Soul Ring still gives the full amount of mana. Picking up the items afterwards increases mana capacity while retaining the same percentage, thus resulting in a net gain of mana. As an added bonus, the extra mana gained through this method does not count as having been gained through the Soul Ring, and as such, will not be lost at the end of the duration even if unused.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Soul Ring was the only item not allowed in The International 2013 Solo Championship.
Gallery[edit | edit source]