Smoke of Deceit
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Smoke of Deceit|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Smoke of Deceit is limited to a stock of 3 in the store.
- The stock takes 11 minutes to replenish.
- Stacks with itself in inventory.
- Can be used by a Courier.
- Smoke of Deceit is completely shareable.
Ability[edit | edit source]
|Upon activation, the user and all nearby allied player-controlled units gain invisibility and bonus movement speed for a brief time. Minimap icons will also be hidden. Attacking, or moving within 1025 range of an enemy hero or tower, will break the invisibility.|
|Effect Radius: 1200|
Dispel Radius: 1025
Fade Time: 0
Move Speed Bonus: 15%
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon using.
- Affected unit can cast spells and use items while invisible without breaking it. However, attacking does break it.
- When attacking, the invisibility is lost upon reaching the attack point, even when the attack misses.
- Invisible units can pick up and drop items without breaking the invisibility.
- True Sight cannot detect units affected by Smoke of Deceit. The only exception is Chronosphere.
- Only affects player controlled units. Does not affect invulnerable and hidden allies.
- However, invulnerable and hidden enemy heroes dispel it.
- The effect is only dispelled when approaching an enemy hero (excluding illusions) or tower.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Though it can't be used for daring escapes or to gain the upper hand in the middle of combat, Smoke of Deceit plays a cunning role against a well-warded team. The added mobility makes it easy to set up surprise attacks or to slip behind enemies without being spotted. However, if a hero hidden with Smoke of Deceit comes too close to an enemy hero or building, the effect ends, meaning you should keep your distance. Smoke of Deceit is especially useful to get to Roshan undetected as many players ward the surrounding area.
- Since True Sight cannot reveal units affected by Smoke of Deceit, it can be used to dodge certain abilities like Thundergod's Wrath and other spells which require vision in order to hit their targets. This also goes for disjointable projectiles.
- It is even possible to disjoint Assassinate. The true sight applied by Assassinate is unable to reveal smoked units and therefore gets disjointed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]