From Dota 2 Wiki
| Skull Basher|
|A feared weapon in the right hands, this maul's ability to shatter the defenses of its opponents should not be underestimated.|
- When held by Slardar, Spirit Breaker, Troll Warlord or Faceless Void, Bash cannot proc.
- One Skull Basher grants a total of 200 health, 0.6 health regeneration and 10 (20 to strength heroes) attack damage.
- Skull Basher's bash does not stack with the bash of Abyssal Blade and other Skull Bashers.
- When obtaining multiple items with the bash ability, only the one that has been continuously the longest in the inventory works.
- The mini-bash ability of Monkey King Bar is not treated as a bash, and it works fully independently from other bashes.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Adds an average of 21.25 damage to every attack for melee heroes, and 8.5 damage for ranged heroes.
- Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Since the Bash is a chance based ability, buying attack speed granting items (and true strike if needed) increases the odds of a bash proccing. However, the effectiveness stops at a certain amount of attack speed due to the cooldown the bash has.
- For attack speed the Mask of Madness if the most cost effective.
- The bash goes through spell immunity. When not having other spell immunity piercing spells in the team, a Skull Basher is a great purchase as it can help greatly against heroes with spell immunity, especially those who get a Black King Bar in order to channel their channeling spell.
- Despite having a much lower chance to proc for ranged heroes, it still has a decent chance. When coupled with high attack speed, a Skull Basher on ranged heroes can be very viable, especially for heroes who have attack speed boosting abilities like Windranger with her Focus Fire, or Drow Ranger with her high amount of agility from Marksmanship.
- Mask of Madness: gives the highest attack speed per gold, useful to proc the bash.
- Monkey King Bar: gives true strike and mini bashes.
- Heaven's Halberd: disarm an enemy, the passive evasion is also very useful.
- Talisman of Evasion: will dodge 25% of the attacks. Can be upgraded to a Butterfly for 35% evasion, Halberd for the disarm or Solar Crest to help an ally.
- Blade Mail: will make your enemy hesitant to attack you.
- Shiva's Guard: will reduce the attack speed of your enemy by 45 and increase your armor by 15.
- Scythe of Vyse: disable your enemy before he hits you.
- In the original DotA, this item was called "Cranium Basher", a reference to a unique item in Diablo 2.