From Dota 2 Wiki
|A feared weapon in the right hands, this maul's ability to shatter the defenses of its opponents should not be underestimated.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- When held by Slardar, Spirit Breaker, Troll Warlord or Faceless Void, Bash cannot proc.
- One Skull Basher grants a total of 200 health, 0.3 health regeneration and 10 (20 to strength heroes) attack damage.
Ability[edit | edit source]
|Grants each attack a chance to stun the target for 1.4 seconds and deal 85 bonus damage, based on whether the equipped hero is ranged or melee.|
|Proc Chance (Melee): 25%|
Proc Chance (Ranged): 10%
Stun Duration: 1.4
Bashed: Dispellable with strong dispels.
- Skull Basher's bash does not stack with the bash of Abyssal Blade and other Skull Bashers.
- When obtaining multiple items with the bash ability, only the first bought one's bash works while the others are disabled.
- The mini-bash ability of Monkey King Bar is not treated as a bash, and it works fully independently from other bashes.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Adds an average of 21.25 damage to every attack for melee heroes, and 8.5 damage for ranged heroes.
- Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Skull Basher as a situational item: Lone Druid.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since the Bash is a chance based ability, buying attack speed granting items increases the odds of a bash proccing. However, the effectiveness stops at a certain amount of attack speed due to the cooldown the bash has.
- The bash goes through spell immunity. When not having other spell immunity piercing spells in the team, a Skull Basher is a great purchase as it can help greatly against heroes with spell immunity, especially those who get a Black King Bar in order to channel their channeling spell.
- Despite having a much lower chance to proc for ranged heroes, it still has a decent chance. When coupled with high attack speed, a Skull Basher on ranged heroes can be very viable, especially for heroes who have attack speed boosting abilities like Windranger with her Focus Fire, or Drow Ranger with her high amount of agility from Marksmanship.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original DotA, this item was called "Cranium Basher", a reference to a unique item in Diablo 2.
Gallery[edit | edit source]