|Said to have belonged to a goddess, today it retains much of its former power.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- One Shiva's Guard grants a total of 15 armor, 360 mana, 1.2 mana regeneration and 1.875% spell damage (and 30 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Does not interrupt the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- The blast spreads at a speed of 350 and takes 2.57 seconds to reach maximum range and dissipate.
- The area of effect is centered around the owner, so when moving or blinking, the radius moves along.
- The blast is not a ring. It affects every enemy within the blast's expanding area of effect.
- This means that unlike with Ravage, it is not possible to avoid the effect by blinking "over" the edge towards the caster.
- Provides 800 radius flying vision, following the caster and leaving a trail of vision which lasts for 2 seconds.
- Freezing Auras from multiple Shiva's Guards do not stack.
- The aura's debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The status debuff icon only shows up when the affected unit has vision over the Shiva's holder.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
Heroes whose default item build includes Shiva's Guard as a core item
Heroes whose default item build includes Shiva's Guard as a situational item:
Agility: Arc Warden.
Intelligence: Ancient Apparition, Crystal Maiden, Invoker, Dark Seer, Visage, Witch Doctor, Warlock, Queen of Pain, Shadow Demon, Shadow Shaman, Rubick, Lina, Puck, Pugna, Dazzle, Winter Wyvern, Enigma, Lich.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The effect of Arctic Blast extends quite slowly (taking about 2 seconds to reach max radius) and covers a huge area. This can be used to instantly disable enemy Blink Daggers by prematurely casting the item ability out of vision range and then blinking in onto an enemy. Since the effect is always centered on the hero, and the damage always hits the entire area, it will instantly hit every hero within its radius at the blinked location, disabling enemy Blink Daggers.
- The Shiva is the best item against mana burn if you don't get a black king bar. It gives 30 Intelligence to increase your mana pool and an aura attack slow that will also affect illusions and necronomicons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Shiva" is a reference to Shiva of the Final Fantasy series, an elemental summon with the power of ice.
- Shiva is the Supreme God within Shaivism, one of the three most influential denominations in contemporary Hinduism.
Gallery[edit | edit source]