From Dota 2 Wiki
|A form of plant originally grown in the garden of a fearful king.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Stacks with itself and with Observer Wards in inventory.
- Sentry Wards are completely shareable.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Provides 150 radius ground vision at its location for 12 seconds.
- Cannot be placed inside the fountain area (including a small area in front of the ramp), or in Roshan's pit.
- Holding Control allows the owner to give an ally just one ward, instead of the whole stack.
- Sentry Wards can be targeted by enemy Tango
es and Quelling Blade (including its upgrades) to be instantly destroyed.
- Creep spawn ranges are shown before placing a ward, allowing camps to be blocked.
Placed Sentry Ward[edit | edit source]
- The True Sight is provided in its whole area, it is not obstructed by anything.
- The True Sight is provided by an aura which affects enemies. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
Fade Time: 0
- The ability and modifier are not displayed in-game.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Sentry Wards' detection radius is quite large, making them useful for keeping an eye out on invisible heroes in key areas, given one has vision over that area.
- Sentry Wards are commonly used to de-ward enemy wards, as they are able to detect their wards.
- When dewarding, the ward is best placed so that its true sight reaches multiple common ward spots, so that it is more likely to spot enemy wards.
- If an enemy ward location is known, the sentry ward is best placed so that the enemy won't find it when they try to de-ward the sentry wards, like between some trees, but still so that their ward is within true sight range.
- Similar to Observer Wards, Sentry Wards can also be used to block neutral creep camps.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Knowing how to craft a ward is an important skill for artificers of magical goods. Rylai showed great talent at crafting wards, and once considered becoming an artificer.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- White Sentry description.