Scythe of Vyse
|Scythe of Vyse|
|The most guarded relic among the cult of Vyse, it is the most coveted weapon among magi.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- One Scythe of Vyse grants a total of 200 health, 0.3 health regeneration, 1.43 armor, 10 attack speed, 420 mana, 1.4 (+ 150%) mana regeneration, 2.1875% spell damage and 10 (35 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Applies a Hex on the target, setting its base movement speed to 140 and silencing, muting and disarming it.
- Because hex changes base move speed and does not actually apply a slow, all speed effects are calculated using the 140 base speed.
- For example:
- Scythe of Vyse hex transforms the target into a pig.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
Heroes whose default item build includes Scythe of Vyse as a core item
Heroes whose default item build includes Scythe of Vyse as a situational item
Intelligence: Batrider, Storm Spirit, Silencer, Witch Doctor, Crystal Maiden, Death Prophet, Rubick, Invoker, Leshrac. Pugna, Outworld Devourer, Enigma, Warlock, Dazzle, Shadow Shaman, Shadow Demon, Necrophos, Visage, Skywrath Mage, Disruptor, Lion, Enchantress, Windranger, Oracle, Dark Seer.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Combine it with a blink or invisibility to surprise your target and approchach and hit him while he is hexed. You can also use those items to catch an enemy that is running away.
- If your enemy has a Linken's Sphere you can buy a Force Staff which is the cheapest item to disable it before applying hex.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original DotA, this item was known as Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse, as a tribute to one of the developers of DotA: Allstars, who went on to co-create League of Legends.
- This item is known by many players (and referred to by several in-game Heroes) as "Sheepstick" due to turning targeted heroes into sheep in DotA. However, in Dota 2, targeted units turn into a pig.
- Many heroes that have responses for buying Scythe of Vyse also call it "Sheepstick".
- The item's name may be a reference to the Sega RPG Skies of Arcadia. The main character, Vyse, has been depicted weilding a scythe in early concept art.
Gallery[edit | edit source]