Razor the Lightning Revenant is a ranged position-based agility tank/carry that employs his abilities to deal massive damage in a relatively short amount of time, chase down the fleeing injured with his speed, and inflict debuffs on more powerful foes. Razor prefers to keep his position or kite his enemies allowing his spells to unleash its full potential. Known for being one of the Anti-carry heroes, Razor specializes in using his opponent's own powers against them, draining them of their damage and using it to smite them, as well as damaging, slowing, and purging them of buffs should they dare cast a spell on him. His ultimate, Eye of the Storm, further enhances his carry-killing powers by inflicting constant, armor-shattering, lightning strikes on the foe with the lowest HP within a 500 radius. For those who rely on their pure brute force alone to fight, there is truly no escape from the Underscape.
- Consider Phase Boots instead of Power Treads, as they allow you to keep in tether range of Static Link.
- Yasha is a strong item to get after the core as it works well with Unstable Current and further increases the movement speed of Razor plus it grants you the opportunity to upgrade it into either the Manta Style or the Sange and Yasha based on different situations.
- Plasma Field can be manipulated by moving Razor around, since it centers around him. This can help you position yourself so that Plasma Field can hit right at its maximum range. This ability does significant damage, so in lane it can be used to harass and force your opponents out of lane at the cost of pushing the lane. If your lane is warded, this can often times be worth it.
- Razor has very few escape mechanisms, but can be deceptively durable with Unstable Current if focused.
- Eye of the Storm damages the lowest health enemy close to him, making this ability very weak near creep waves. Try to save the ultimate for isolated team fights, or use Plasma Field to clear the creep wave quickly to focus the damage on heroes.
- Static Link will not be purged if Razor's target becomes magic immune during the drain.
- Shadow Blade is an excellent item on Razor because the invisibility will conceal the particles for Static Link and Eye of the Storm, concealing Razor's position.
- Refresher Orb allows two instances of Eye of the Storm to be active at the same time, allowing for extreme DPS and armor reduction.
- Combined with Aghanim's Scepter, this can deal twice the damage to buildings.
- Generally in the early game, its best to pick up Static Link as it can boost your survivability by lowering enemy damage as well as allow you to create a noticeable difference in you and your opponents last hitting power. This allows you to dominate the last hitting stage of the lane and keep your enemies in check.
- When laning against a single opponent, you can easily zone your opponent out of last hits by using Static Link on them then standing in or behind their creep wave. This forces them to do one of a few things: fight you, walk away to break the link and prevent the damage steal, or let you steal all of their damage. This capability makes Razor a solid choice for mid lane.
- Static Link will also stay applied to the hero Brewmaster when using Primal Split, and will continue to sap damage from the Earth Spirit.
- Razor's alternate/fun name was Gillette, which is also the name of a reputable brand of shaving razors.
- As Razor moves, sometimes he says "Ride the Lightning", which is also the name of Metallica's album and song (which references execution via electric chair).
- One of Razor's quotes upon picking up Aegis of the Immortal is "There is a lightning that never goes out" which is a reference to a song "There is a light that never goes out" by The Smiths.
- Fixed Backswing behavior for: Soul Rip, Tombstone, Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, Chilling Touch, Enfeeble, Shallow Grave, Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field, Static Storm, Malefice, Midnight Pulse, Howl, Stifling Dagger, Static Link, Shrapnel, Psionic Trap, Whirling Axes (Ranged), Storm Hammer, Gods Strength, Wave of Terror, Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Fatal Bonds, The Swarm, Time Lapse, Maledict, Overpower and Ice Shards.
- Fixed Unstable Current not purging off Repel.
- Fixed Static Link break range being 25 too short.
- Removed ambient effects on Razor and Morphling when hexed.
- Fixed some bugs with Unstable Current killing a target after its ability starts (like Omnislashing while dead).
- Fixed Plasma Field not giving aoe vision following Razor.
- Added a buff/debuff effect for Razor's Static Link.
- Fixed Static Charge damaging friendly units and towers. Note that towers can still proc the ability.
- Fixed Static Link damage from being purgable.
- Added rival taunts and misc. lines to Razor, Zeus, Tiny and Tidehunter to fill out basic voice set.
- Fixed Static Link not showing bonus damage on the modifier
- Fixed Static Link interaction rules.
- Fixed Eye of the Storm not hitting invisibile units.
- Fixed Razor's Static Link working on Juggernaut while he is omnislashing.
- Static Link's projectile now grants 800/800 flying vision which persists for 3.34 seconds.
- Clamped the damage values of Plasma Field to ensure it wasn't resulting in too much damage.
- Static Link is no longer purgable.
- Eye of the Storm no longer affects ancients.
- The armor reduction from Eye of the Storm is removed immediately if Razor dies.
- The armor reduction from Eye of the Storm is no longer purgable.
- Fixed a bug where a stray health bar and "no-selection-boxes" icon were drawing whenever Plasma Field was used.
- Fixed Razor's Plasma Field not giving vision.
- Fixed Eye of the Storm hitting fogged/invisible units.
- Razor's Eye of the Storm is now a two stage process. First it targets units then it targets towers, barracks, and the ancient.
- Fixed the radius and shape of Plasma Field.
- Added impact effect to Plasma Field.
- Fixed Eye of the Storm debuff lasting only 5 seconds from the last impact, instead of the full duration of the storm.
- Fixed Razor having 600 instead of 475 attack range.
- Strength gain increased from 1.7 to 2.3.
- Unstable Current slow duration increased from 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6 to 0.5/1/1.5/2.
- Eye of the Storm duration increased from 20/25/30 to 30.
- Eye of the Storm strike interval decreased from 0.75/0.65/0.55 to 0.7/0.6/0.5 ( Aghanim's to 0.55/0.45/0.35).
- Unstable Current movement speed bonus increased from 3/6/9/12% to 4/8/12/16%.
- Eye of the Storm strike interval decreased from 0.85/0.75/0.6 to 0.75/0.65/0.55 ( Scepter 0.65/0.55/0.45).
- Plasma Field
- Min damage from 80/120/160/200 to 60/100/140/180.
- Max damage from 140/210/280/350 to 160/230/300/370.
- Static Link
- No longer breaks if Razor loses vision of the target.
- Can no longer ground target.
- Can now target magic immune (it could before via ground seeking).
- Unstable Current purge duration increased from 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2 to 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6.
- Unstable Current damage increased from 40/60/80/100 to 40/70/100/130.
- Static Link
- Duration, after it finishes draining, increased from 13 to 18.
- Cooldown rescaled from 35/30/25/20 to 25.
- Eye of the Storm
- Can now target Ancients (not roshan).
- No longer ignores magic immune units.
- Static Link
- Drains damage over 8 seconds instead of 10.
- Damage per second rescaled from 5/10/15/20 to 7/14/21/28
- Plasma Field cooldown from 16 to 14.
- Static Link cooldown decreased from 45/40/35/30 to 35/30/25/20.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter to Razor
- Increases striking speed from 0.85/0.75/0.60 to 0.7/0.6/0.5 and can target structures. Does not reduce structure's armor.
- Agi growth decreased from 2.5 to 2.0.
- Strength grown decreased from 1.9 to 1.7.
- Eye of the Storm mana cost increased from 100 to 100/150/200.
- Base strength increased from 17 to 21.
- Lowered Intelligence gain from 2.2 to 1.8.
- Attack Range: 475. Movement Speed: 295.
- Strength: 17 +1.9. Agility: 22 +2.5. Intelligence: 19 + 2.2.
- Plasma Field:
- Razor releases a wave energetic plasma which grows in power as it extends outwards. Deals damage to units both on expansion and on contraction. The further the plasma is from razor the more energy it has.
- Minimum Charge Damage: 40/60/80/100. Max Charge Damage:70/105/140/175.
- Speed: 800. AOE: 600. Cooldown: 16. Manacost: 125.
- Note: This can hit a unit once going out and once coming back in. Charge increases to max going outwards, then decreases to min coming inwards. This is a full circle AOE effect, a radius of small electrical effects travel outwards. It spawns from where you are and moves out with you.
- Unstable Current:
- Passive. Increases the movement speed and reflects a static charge whenever targeted, dealing damage and purging the unit briefly.
- Movement Bonus: 3/6/9/12%. Damage: 40/60/80/100.
- Purge Duration: 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2
- Note: Does not trigger on attack orbs like Poison Attack or Frost Arrows
- Static Link:
- Taps into the energy of a target hero, creating a charged link between Razor and his foe. As long as this link is maintained, Razor will continue to steal damage from the target and adds it to his own.
- Attack damage stolen per second: 5/10/15/20. Max link time: 10. Stolen duration: 13 seconds from link break. Cast Range: 600. Break Range: 700. Manacost: 20/30/40/50. Cooldown: 45/40/35/30.
- Note: If you target a point on the ground, it will move in that path and lock onto the first hero it reaches. You have vision over the link itself.
- Eye of the Storm:
- The Lightning Revenant calls upon a powerful storm of crackling energy, which strikes weakened enemies with deadly bolts of lightning. The storm is charged with Razor's malevolent will, and will seek out only the most injured targets for its armor shattering blasts.
- Damage: 37.5/50/62.5. Interval: 0.85/0.75/0.6. AOE: 500. Armor reduction per hit: 1 (stacks). Duration: 20/25/30. Manacost: 100. Cooldown: 80/70/60.
- Damage dealt is physical. Only targets units in your vision.
- This storm stops if Razor dies. Targets the lowest HP unit in the area.
- Improved AOE on Fervor
- Increased Razor's base damage a bit
Pre-6.60 rework Abilities