Razor the Lightning Revenant is a ranged position-based agility tank/carry that employs his abilities to deal massive damage in a relatively short amount of time, chase down the fleeing injured with his speed, and inflict debuffs on more powerful foes. Razor prefers to keep his position or kite his enemies allowing his spells to unleash its full potential. Known for being a great Anti-carry hero, Razor specializes in using his opponent's own powers against them, draining them of their damage and using it to smite them, as well as damaging, slowing, and purging them of buffs should they dare cast a spell on him. His ultimate, Eye of the Storm, further enhances his carry-killing powers by inflicting constant, armor-shattering, lightning strikes on the foe with the lowest HP within a 500 radius. For those who rely on their pure brute force alone to fight, there is truly no escape from the Underscape.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Releases a wave of energetic plasma that grows in power as it expands, but also zaps on contraction, dealing damage to enemy units caught in its path. Damage increases with distance from Razor.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Max Extention Radius: 700
Damage Width: 200
Minimum Damage: 30/50/70/90
Maximum Damage: 160/230/300/370
|The Lightning Revenant rules the Underscape with plasmatic power.|
- Plasma Field interrupts Razor's channeling spells upon cast.
- Plasma Field expands and retracts at a speed of 636.
- The damage is divided into 2 instances. One instance is applied while expanding, and the other one while retracting. Both instances can hit a unit only once each.
- Plasma Field's damaging area is actually a 200 radius ring, which is right in front of the actual visible ring.
- This means that upon cast, it instantly damages units within 200 radius and can hit units up to 900 range away.
- So upon expanding, the damage hits 200 range before the visible ring hits, and upon retracting, the damage hits after the ring passed the units already.
- Plasma Field is centered on and follows Razor.
- Plasma Field provides 700 radius flying vision, following Razor and leaving a trail of vision which lasts 2 seconds.
|Creates a charged link between Razor and an enemy Hero, stealing damage from the target and giving it to Razor.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 600
Link Break Distance: 800
Attack Damage Stolen per Second: 7/14/21/28
Link Duration: 8
Buff Duration: 18
Static Link: Undispellable.
Static Link Buff: Undispellable.
Static Link Vision: Undispellable.
Static Link Debuff: Undispellable.
|Razor's polarity channels electricity into his being, draining the power of his opposition.|
- Static Link is broken when either unit dies or the link break distance is exceeded. Nothing else can break the link.
- The distance between Razor and the target is checked right before each damage steal interval. If the distance is greater upon check, the link breaks.
- Static Link provides shared vision over the target while draining.
- Drains 1.75/3.5/5.25/7 damage in 0.25 second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in 33 instances.
- Can steal up to 57.75/115.5/173.25/231 damage when draining for the full duration.
- Re-casting the spell while already draining refreshes the drain duration, causing more damage to be stolen.
- However, when re-casting it after the first draining stopped, the damage of the first drain gets lost.
|Razor moves with increased speed, and any abilities targeted at him are instantly countered with a jolt of electricity which damages, slows, and purges buffs from enemies.|
|Move Speed Bonus: 4%/8%/12%/16%|
Move Speed Slow: 100%
Attack Speed Slow: 100
Slow Duration: 0.5/1/1.5/2
Always dispels Repel when proccing on a repelled unit. Does not affect spell immune units otherwise. Root and slow persist if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
Unstablecurrent Slow: Dispellable with any dispel.
Rooted: Dispellable with any dispel.
|Attacking the Lightning Revenant is rewarded with shock therapy.|
- Unstable Current applies a basic dispel on hit enemies.
- Applies its effect before the cast spell takes effect.
- This means when the casting unit has low enough health to die to it, the triggering spell is not cast.
- Affected enemies are rooted for the initial 0.33 seconds. However, their channeling spells are not interrupted.
- During the very short root, the following spells cannot be cast: Blink, Blink, Teleportation, Charge of Darkness, Phase Shift, Tricks of the Trade and Blink Dagger.
- All single target spells as well as items trigger Unstable Current. However, active attack modifiers do not.
|Eye of the Storm|
|A powerful lightning storm strikes out at enemy units with the lowest health, dealing damage and reducing their armor.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Search Radius: 500
Strike Interval: 0.7/0.6/0.5 ( 0.6/0.5/0.4)
Damage per Strike: 40/55/70
Armor Reduction per Strike: 1
Eye Of The Storm: Undispellable.
Eye Of The Storm Armor: Undispellable.
|Ride the lightning.|
- Eye of the Storm always targets the unit with the lowest current health in range as first.
- If there are multiple units with the same lowest health in range, Eye of the Storm prioritizes the closest target.
- The armor reduction debuff on units lasts as long as the storm, or until Razor dies.
- The strikes first deal their damage and then apply the armor reduction.
- The strikes are not regular attacks, so they fully ignore things like evasion and Damage Block.
- Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eye of the Storm always prioritizes units over buildings and fully ignores filler buildings.
- Eye of the Storm can strike up to 42/50/60 ( 50/60/75) times and deal up to 1680/2750/4200 ( 2000/3300/5250) damage (before reductions).
- When Razor turns invisible, the whole storm and its strike turn invisible as well, but still strike nearby enemies without them seeing or hearing them.
- Eye of the Storm immediately ends when Razor dies.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Ring of Protection and Iron Branches give Razor valuable stats and survivability in the laning phase.
- Magic Wand is a critical item for burst healing.
- Ring of Aquila provides stats and mana regeneration so Razor can consistently cast abilities.
- Power Treads allows Razor to min-max his stats for survivability, damage, or mana efficiency.
- Sange and Yasha grants a good mix of chasing power, damage, and survivability.
- Desolator and Butterfly both provide Razor with extreme damage. Desolator amplifies Razor's armor shredding while Butterfly provides Evasion, which helps Razor fight opposing carries.
- Heart of Tarrasque is an extreme survivability item, making Razor extremely difficult to kill.
- Aghanim's Scepter enables his ultimate to damage structures, which can be useful if more pushing power is required for the team.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Consider Phase Boots instead of Power Treads, as they allow you to keep in tether range of Static Link.
- Yasha is a strong item to get after the core as it works well with Unstable Current and further increases the movement speed of Razor plus it grants you the opportunity to upgrade it into either the Manta Style or the Sange and Yasha based on different situations.
- Plasma Field can be manipulated by moving Razor around, since it centers around him. This can help you position yourself so that Plasma Field can hit right at its maximum range. This ability does significant damage, so in lane it can be used to harass and force your opponents out of lane at the cost of pushing the lane. If your lane is warded, this can often times be worth it.
- Razor has very few escape mechanisms, but can be deceptively durable with Unstable Current if focused.
- Eye of the Storm damages the lowest health enemy close to him, making this ability very weak near creep waves. Try to save the ultimate for isolated team fights, or use Plasma Field to clear the creep wave quickly to focus the damage on heroes.
- Static Link will not be purged if Razor's target becomes magic immune during the drain.
- Shadow Blade is an excellent item on Razor because the invisibility will conceal the particles for Static Link and Eye of the Storm, concealing Razor's position.
- Refresher Orb allows two instances of Eye of the Storm to be active at the same time, allowing for extreme DPS and armor reduction.
- Combined with Aghanim's Scepter, this can deal twice the damage to buildings.
- Generally in the early game, its best to pick up Static Link as it can boost your survivability by lowering enemy damage as well as allow you to create a noticeable difference in you and your opponents last hitting power. This allows you to dominate the last hitting stage of the lane and keep your enemies in check. This also means that solo gankers like Bloodseeker or Chaos Knight will have extremely difficult time killing you as nearly all their damage comes from their right clicks, causing them to waste resources and be forced to retreat as you can easily overpower them with enough stolen power.
- When laning against a single opponent, you can easily zone your opponent out of last hits by using Static Link on them then standing in or behind their creep wave. This forces them to do one of a few things: fight you, walk away to break the link and prevent the damage steal, or let you steal all of their damage. This capability makes Razor a solid choice for mid lane.
- Static Link will also stay applied to the hero Brewmaster when using Primal Split, and will continue to sap damage from the Earth Spirit.
- If you are the main carry, then opt for Eye of Skadi instead of heart. The second tanky item as well as an amazing orb to wreck down opposition carry like Phantom Assassin.
- The damage done to buildings caused by Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eye of the Storm is reduced solely by armor values - This means that items like Assault Cuirass and Desolator can be great pickups on Razor as it makes him a fearsome pusher by massively reducing building armor and dealing intense damage to them in the process.
- Razor and Death Prophet make a great teamfight and pushing combination as both of their AoE ultimates deal physical damage and affects buildings (In Razor's case, it affects buildings only once upgraded by Aghanim's Scepter), while the armor reduction caused by Eye of the Storm allows for incredible damage per second during teamfights and can shred buildings in a moment's notice (If used in conjunction with armor reducing items, as Eye of the Storm's armor reduction does not affect buildings).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Razor's alternate/fun name was Gillette, which is also the name of a reputable brand of shaving razors.
- Razor's attack response Play "Ride the Lightning!" is also the name of Metallica's album and song (which references execution via electric chair).
- Razor's response upon picking the Aegis of the Immortal Play "There is a lightning that never goes out." is a reference to a song "There is a light that never goes out" by The Smiths.
- Razor's response "Conduct me where you will." is also a line said by Scrooge in the Christmas Carol.
- Razor's standalone voice files (Such as those found within the game directory or his responses page) sound drastically higher than in-game. This is due to the game engine lowering the files' octaves to achieve the desired voice. [Can be manually achieved out-of-game by using a -3 Pitch Shift in Windows 7]