Razor the Lightning Revenant is a ranged position-based agility tank/carry that employs his abilities to deal massive damage in a relatively short amount of time, chase down the fleeing injured with his speed, and inflict debuffs on more powerful foes. Razor prefers to keep his position or kite his enemies allowing his spells to unleash its full potential. Known for being a great Anti-carry hero, Razor specializes in using his opponent's own powers against them, draining them of their damage and using it to smite them, as well as damaging, slowing, and purging them of buffs should they dare cast a spell on him. His ultimate, Eye of the Storm, further enhances his carry-killing powers by inflicting constant, armor-shattering, lightning strikes on the foe with the lowest HP within a 500 radius. For those who rely on their pure brute force alone to fight, there is truly no escape from the Underscape.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Plasma Field interrupts Razor's channeling spells upon cast.
- Plasma Field expands and retracts at a speed of 636.
- The damage is divided into 2 instances. One instance is applied while expanding, and the other one while retracting. Both instances can hit a unit only once each.
- Plasma Field's damaging area is actually a 200 radius ring, which is right in front of the actual visible ring.
- This means that upon cast, it instantly damages units within 200 radius and can hit units up to 900 range away.
- So upon expanding, the damage hits 200 range before the visible ring hits, and upon retracting, the damage hits after the ring passed the units already.
- Plasma Field is centered on and follows Razor.
- Plasma Field provides 700 radius flying vision, following Razor and leaving a trail of vision which lasts 2 seconds.
- Static Link is broken when either unit dies or the link break distance is exceeded. Nothing else can break the link.
- The distance between Razor and the target is checked right before each damage steal interval. If the distance is greater upon check, the link breaks.
- Static Link provides shared vision over the target while draining.
- Drains 1.75/3.5/5.25/7 damage in 0.25 second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in 33 instances.
- Can steal up to 57.75/115.5/173.25/231 damage when draining for the full duration.
- Re-casting the spell while already draining refreshes the drain duration, causing more damage to be stolen.
- However, when re-casting it after the first draining stopped, the damage of the first drain gets lost.
- Unstable Current applies a basic dispel on hit enemies.
- Applies its effect before the cast spell takes effect.
- This means when the casting unit has low enough health to die to it, the triggering spell is not cast.
- Affected enemies are rooted for the initial 0.33 seconds. However, their channeling spells are not interrupted.
- During the very short root, the following spells cannot be cast: Blink, Blink, Teleportation, Charge of Darkness, Phase Shift, Tricks of the Trade and Blink Dagger.
- All single target spells as well as items trigger Unstable Current. However, active attack modifiers do not.
- Eye of the Storm always targets the unit with the lowest current health in range as first.
- If there are multiple units with the same lowest health in range, Eye of the Storm prioritizes the closest target.
- The armor reduction debuff on units lasts as long as the storm, or until Razor dies.
- The strikes first deal their damage and then apply the armor reduction.
- The strikes are not regular attacks, so they fully ignore things like evasion and Damage Block.
- Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eye of the Storm always prioritizes units over buildings and fully ignores filler buildings.
- Eye of the Storm can strike up to 42/50/60 ( 50/60/75) times and deal up to 1680/2750/4200 ( 2000/3300/5250) damage (before reductions).
- When Razor turns invisible, the whole storm and its strike turn invisible as well, but still strike nearby enemies without them seeing or hearing them.
- Eye of the Storm immediately ends when Razor dies.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Iron Branch adds to Razor's already decent starting stats.
- Tango helps Razor stay in lane.
- Healing Salve can save Razor if used at the last moment.
- Stout Shield protects Razor in lane, and is sometimes built into a Vanguard later.
- Magic Wand can help Razor get off an extra Plasma Field.
- Boots of Speed is mandatory on all heroes. Combined with Unstable Current, it makes Razor one of the fastest heroes in the early game.
- Bottle is commonly picked up if Razor is playing in mid, as his superior movement speed helps him reach runes faster.
- Drum of Endurance is sometimes bought to make Razor move even faster.
- Ring of Aquila provides a well-rounded mix of damage, armor, and mana regeneration.
- Power Treads gives Razor a good attack speed boost.
- Phase Boots can be a good alternative, as it allows Razor to catch up to enemies and keep them within range of Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- Desolator's large armor reduction synergizes well with the armor reduction from Eye of the Storm.
- Sange and Yasha provides both extra speed and a slow effect, and helps Razor keep enemies within range of his abilities.
- Black King Bar is often needed against enemies with numerous disables, which can prevent Razor from keeping up with enemies.
- Shadow Blade allows Razor to use and pursue enemies with Static Link and Eye of the Storm without retaliation. The sounds and particle effects from his abilities cannot be seen or heard by the enemy when he is invisible, but will still do damage.
- Aghanim's Scepter upgrades Eye of the Storm's damage, and helps Razor take down buildings faster.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives Razor supreme durability, helping him stay alive and keep Eye of the Storm active as long as possible.
- Eye of Skadi gives a sizeable amount of health, and its slowing effect helps Razor keep enemies in range of his abilities.
- Mekansm is sometimes picked up, as Razor relies more on his abilities to do damage.
- Dragon Lance is popular to supplement Razor's attack range.
- Helm of the Dominator helps Razor last longer in a one-on-one fight while he drains his opponent of their damage.
- Blade Mail deters enemies from attacking, letting Razor stay alive longer when using Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- Vanguard adds to Razor's defense, allowing him to take a more aggressive stance in teamfights.
- Refresher Orb allows two instances of Eye of the Storm to be active at the same time, dealing heavy DPS and armor reduction.
- Combined with Aghanim's Scepter, this can deal twice the damage to buildings.
- Butterfly makes it much more difficult for enemy carries to take down Razor, which in turn means he has even more time to drain them damage.
- Assault Cuirass's armor reduction works well with Eye of the Storm, as well as Desolator.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Razor's alternate/fun name was Gillette, which is also the name of a reputable brand of shaving razors.
- Razor's attack response Play "Ride the Lightning!" is also the name of a Metallica's album and song (which references execution via electric chair).
- Razor's response upon picking the Aegis of the Immortal Play "There is a lightning that never goes out." is a reference to a song "There is a light that never goes out" by The Smiths.
- Razor's response "Conduct me where you will." is also a line said by Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.