From Dota 2 Wiki
| Power Treads|
|A pair of tough-skinned boots that change to meet the demands of the wearer.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Movement speed bonuses from multiple pairs of boots do not stack.
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonuses.
- Attack speed bonuses of multiple Power Treads do not stack.
- There are three ways to assemble Power Treads. Based on which item is chosen, the boot's initial status is different. The status can be switched freely after purchase.
- Disassembling Power Treads returns the items which were originally used to build it. It is not based on the currently selected attribute.
- One pair of Power Treads grants a total of:
|Treads||Ingredients||All heroes||+9 Attack damage to|
|+ +||Strength heroes|
|+ +||Intelligence heroes|
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Switches from strength to intelligence, from intelligence to agility, or from agility to strength.
- Current health and mana percentages stay unchanged upon switching attributes.
- When having multiple Power Treads, each of them can be switched individually. The attribute bonuses fully stack.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Power Treads as a core item: Ancient Apparition, Necrophos, Outworld Devourer, Queen of Pain.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The regular stats bonuses (health, mana, armor and regen) are applied to all heroes. Attack damage is based on the hero's main attribute. For example, an agility hero cannot make use of the extra health of Strength Treads and the attack damage, since the agility hero only gets damage when the Power Treads are set to agility.
- Because the Power Treads can be used to switch between the 3 main attributes on a whim, some advanced strategies are possible for players who like to micromanage, or wish to maximize their efficiency in a competitive setting. Switching your Power Treads to intelligence before a fight can potentially allow you to cast one more spell. Switching them to strength in a pinch may be used in order to narrowly escape from an attempt on your life.
- Due to how attributes work, if you switch your Power Treads to agility before using a regeneration item, and then back to intelligence or strength when your health/mana is restored, you end up at a much higher total than if you simply used a Healing Salve with your Power Treads set to strength, or a Clarity with your Power Treads switched to intelligence. This is an important skill to keep in mind when using a Bottle with a mana-hungry mid ganker like Queen of Pain. The difference is not enormous, but definitely noticeable in the early stages of the game.
- Conversely, switching to intelligence before casting a spell and going back to strength or agility right after makes you spend a smaller percentage of your mana pool with that spell, as the percentage is calculated with the same absolute cost, but a higher absolute mana pool. This is very apparent on heroes with low intelligence, such as Sven.
- Switching to Strength Treads provides more health if you switch to them when your health is full as opposed to when it is almost depleted. The same is true for Intelligence Treads and mana.