The Pipe of Insight is an Item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Support.
Together with the aura one Pipe of Insight grants a total of 13 health regeneration to the owner.
The magic resistance stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
Pipe of Insight does not preserve Headdress's stat bonuses.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Pipe of Insight as a situational item: Abaddon, Axe, Batrider, Beastmaster, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner, Clockwerk, Dark Seer, Dazzle, Disruptor, Dragon Knight, Earth Spirit, Elder Titan, Jakiro, Keeper of the Light, Lone Druid, Meepo, Necrophos, Ogre Magi, Phoenix, Pudge, Rubick, Shadow Demon, Tidehunter, Timbersaw, Treant Protector, Undying, Warlock, Winter Wyvern.
- In the transition from DotA to Dota 2, Pipe of Insight name was changed from the Khadgar's Pipe of Insight to simply Pipe of Insight. Khadgar was a wizard in Warcraft II.
- Dazzle's cosmetic item Pipe of Dezun is based on the Pipe of Insight.
- Insight Aura now also provides a 10% Magic Resistance aura to nearby allies (does not affect the equipped hero).
- Insight Aura radius increased from 750 to 900.
- Recipe cost reduced from 900 to 800
- Barrier duration increased from 10 to 12
- Pipe health regeneration increased from 8 to 9
- Cloak, Hood and Pipe magic resistances now stack like all other normal magic resistance do
- Pipe health regeneration reduced from 11 to 8
- Pipe now provides Insight Aura, which grants 4 health regeneration to nearby allies
- Pipe's active buff is no longer dispellable
- Total cost reduced by 3 (Ironwood Branch cost reduced from 53 to 50)
- Barrier AoE increased from 500 to 900
- HP regeneration is now equal to the total of its components (10 to 11)
- Barrier's duration increased from 8 to 10 seconds
- Total cost reduced by 50 (Pipe of Insight recipe cost reduced from 1000 to 900, Cloak cost increased from 500 to 550)
- Total cost reduced by 75 (Hood of Defiance recipe changed from Ring of Regeneration x2 + Cloak + Helm of Iron Will to Ring of Regeneration x2 + Cloak + Ring of Health)
- Total cost increased by 100 (Cloak cost increased from 400 to 500)
- Can no longer affect the same unit more than once every 50 seconds
- Recipe uses Headdress of Rejuvenation instead of Buckler. Loses armor bonus
- Old Pipe of Insight:
- Components: Hood of Defiance (2050), Nathrezim Bucker (803), Recipe (800) (Total: 3653)
- Stats: +8 HP Regeneration, +5 armor, +30% magic resistance
- Active: Barrier
- New Pipe of Insight:
- Components: Hood of Defiance (2050), Headress of Rejuvenation (603), Recipe (1000) (Total: 3653)
- Stats: +10 HP/sec regeneration, +30% magic resistance
- Active: Barrier
- Components: Hood of Defiance (2050), Natherzim Buckler (909), Recipe (800) (Total:3759)
- Stats: +30% Magic Resistance, +8 HP Regeneration, +5 Armor
- Active: Barrier: Provides a 400 damage magic damage shield on nearby allied units. Affects Heroes and non-player creeps. If a unit already has this buff when another barrier is casted, it will override the buff with the new one instead of stacking additively. Buff lasts 8 seconds. Cooldown: 60. Mana cost: 100. AoE: 700.
- Note: The 400 damage is before any magic reductions, not after. So a 300 damage spell removes 300 life from the shield, and not the 225 basic spell resistance. It is taken off the shield before it hits you, thus before any magic resistance is taken into effect.