From Dota 2 Wiki
|A garnet rod constructed from the essence of a fire demon.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +25 Intelligence|
+150% Mana regeneration
+30 Attack speed
- Orchid is better against Intelligence heroes as they are dependent on their spells to deal damage, but it is also effective against heroes with escape abilities like Weaver or Anti Mage.
- You can easily initiate on a lone enemy by combining it with a Shadow Blade or Blink Dagger.
- If you are facing agility heroes, you can sometimes replace the Orchid with an earlier Blade Mail. Agility heroes like Phantom Assassin and Sniper can easily fight without their spells, but often cannot survive having their own damage reflected back. Blade Mail will also provide intelligence and damage, though notably less than an Orchid would.
- Be aware, however, that an Orchid will amplify any damage that your target takes. If that makes your burst damage outweigh that of you opponents, it will be well worth the extra time and gold spent to purchase it.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Orchid Malevolence as a core item: Broodmother, Clinkz, Storm Spirit.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Orchid Malevolence as a situational item: Bounty Hunter, Enchantress, Nature's Prophet, Outworld Devourer, Queen of Pain, Silencer, Venomancer, Viper, Windranger.