From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...Brewmaster Doom
- Doom turns Omniknight into a walking creep, or completely takes out his buffed cores.
- Doom also has access to Satyr Banisher's Purge, which leaves enemies to few item counter builds or plays mistakes.
- Tornado will purge Guardian Angel.
- EMP will deplete Omniknight's already small mana pool.
- Invoker's many disables will keep Omniknight's team occupied until Guardian Angel times out.
- Even if Eclipse is blocked by Repel, it won't be blocked by Guardian Angel, allowing Luna to finish off Omniknight's team while her team focuses on a single Repelled enemy.
- Song of the Siren can be used to time out Guardian Angel, giving Naga Siren's team an easy opportunity to counter-initiate.
- Since Song of the Siren doesn't affect magic immune units, it can be used to disable the rest of Omniknight's team while her team focuses on a single Repelled enemy.
- Arcane Orb's pure damage penetrates Guardian Angel's defense.
- Outworld Devourer's intelligence steal is also devastating to Omniknight's already low mana pool.
- Unstable Current will purge Omniknight's buffs from any ally who casts a single target spell against Razor.
- All of Omniknight's abilities are valuable for Rubick to Spell Steal, and Omniknight has no throwaway ability to cover his last used spell.
- Demonic Purge will remove Omniknight's buffs.
- Global Silence takes Omniknight out of the fight completely.
- Glaives of Wisdom are a great harass vs Omniknight during the laning stages of the game, since it doesn't aggro creeps & ignores his high base armor. It deals pure damage, which means it can also go through Guardian Angel.
- Silencer's intelligence steal can also cause Omniknight to falter in the early phases as it reduces his ability to use his spells.
- In general, heroes with large magical AoE damage will fare well against Omniknight: Lich, Ancient Apparition, Jakiro, Disruptor, etc..
- Omniknight's teamfight impact is greatly reduced by heroes who can pierce his defensive buffs with disables, such as: Black Hole, Reverse Polarity, Primal Roar, etc.
- Omniknight's is vulnerable during the laning stage. Heroes such as Viper and Venomancer can easily harass Omniknight out of a lane with their ranged slows and poison damage. Other heroes that pose a great threat are heroes with disables, such as Lion or Nyx Assassin, who can easily render Omniknight helpless, while also depleting his low mana pool.
- Brewmaster's Storm from his ultimate, Primal Split, allows Brewmaster to purge Guardian Angel from Omniknight's entire team with ease, completely negating his ultimate.
- Orchid Malevolence and other items that can prevent the casting of abilities makes Omniknight useless.
- Diffusal Blade's ability to purge a target off its buffs can become dangerous, as the effect of Guardian Angel is eliminated.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity's cyclone can purge Guardian Angel.
- Omniknight's healing prevents allies from dropping low enough for Culling Blade; however, it can still go through all his buffs.
- Axe also enjoys getting close to allied heroes in order to damage them with his Counter Helix, which can easily be punished by Purification or Guardian Angel.
- Although Omniknight can easily deal with Axe in the later stages of the game, during the laning stages Axe can easily punish a support Omniknight.
- Caution though, Omniknight's melee and short cast ranges make him an easy target for Berserker's Call, which can easily turn the tide for the enemy.
- Phantasms can be easily killed with Purification.
- Choas Knight's only defense against Omniknight, is being able to finish him off before he can get any spells off.
- Duel is an excellent chance for Omniknight to use Purification.
- Guardian Angel wastes Duel's duration entirely.
- Heroes that rely strongly on melee physical damage will fare badly against Omniknight's Guardian Angel.
- Most heroes that rely heavily on magic damage and have low movement speed or mobility will have trouble against Omniknight, as he can slow them down with Degen Aura. Repel will also defend initiators against magical nukes.
Works well with...Clockwerk
- A Purification on Clockwerk while he's fighting inside Power Cogs will turn the fight in Clockwerk's favor.
- Arcane Aura solves Omniknight's mana problems.
- Chakra Magic solves Omniknight's mana problems.
- A successful Meat Hook is an easy set-up for a Purification.
- Omniknight can also negate the self-damage of Rot with Repel. Use Repel on an enemy Pudge to prevent them from denying themself.
- Phantom Strike, Coup de Grace and Purification can make for a very quick kill.
- Repel can be used as an alternative to a Black King Bar, giving Mortred much needed protection against magical nukers.
- Repel allows Shadow Fiend to channel Requiem of Souls in the midst of the enemy team without relying on Black King Bar.
- Omniknight works well with all heroes, although during the laning stages it's best to pair him with allies who can do most of the work or handle themselves without him, since he offers little to nothing during this stage.
- In general, heroes that can blink into enemy formations gives Omniknight an opening to use Purification offensively.
- Heroes that need a Black King Bar for spell immunity enjoy having Omniknight as an ally as he can either provide them more space to build the item, or allowing the would-be slot to be given to another item.