23 + 3.2
14 + 1.55
17 + 2.4
Aggron Stonebreak, the Ogre Magi is a melee intelligence hero famous for his random potential for extreme burst damage and his enormous health pool for an intelligence Hero. He has good base attributes, and some of the best attributes gain in the game, having the 3rd highest base strength among heroes, as well as the highest strength gain of any intelligence hero. Coupled with his high base armor and high HP regeneration, Ogre Magi is very hard to take down in the early game. He is a powerful ganker and disabler, slowing his enemies first with an Ignite, then proceeding to eliminate his opponents with Fireblast. Later in the game he takes on the role of a buffer/debuffer with his powerful Bloodlust buff, buffing his carry's damage potential exponentially. And if you happen to be lucky enough, his ultimate Multicast gives him the opportunity to randomly cast his spells multiple times, allowing for great burst potential. Ogre Magi is a very strong disabler, requiring nothing but a bit of luck to successfully pull off his powerful Multicasts.
| Aggron Stonebreak, the Ogre Magi
| Play "Once is not enough!" "It's just as high as we can count."
|| Nuker / Disabler / Durable
|| The ordinary ogre is the creature for whom the phrase 'As dumb as a bag of rock hammers' was coined. In his natural state, an ogre is supremely incapable of doing or deciding anything. Clothed in dirt, he sometimes finds himself accidentally draped in animal skins after eating lanekill. Not an especially social creature, he is most often found affectionately consorting with the boulders or tree-stumps he has mistaken for kin (a factor that may explain the ogre's low rate of reproduction). However, once every generation or so, the ogre race is blessed with the birth of a two-headed Ogre Magi, who is immediately given the traditional name of Aggron Stonebreak, the name of the first and perhaps only wise ogre in their line's history. With two heads, Ogre Magi finds it possible to function at a level most other creatures manage with one. And while the Ogre Magi will win no debates (even with itself), it is graced with a divine quality known as Dumb Luck--a propensity for serendipitous strokes of fortune which have allowed the ogre race to flourish in spite of enemies, harsh weather, and an inability to feed itself. It's as if the Goddess of Luck, filled with pity for the sadly inept species, has taken Ogre Magi under her wing. And who could blame her? Poor things.
|| Nolan North (Responses)
- When Multicast, launches Ignite projectiles with 0.4 second intervals at random enemy units (including neutral creeps) within 1400 range of Ogre Magi.
- Travel at the same speed as the original and are disjointable aswell.
- Can target invisible units and units inside the Fog of War. However, connecting with invisible units has no effect.
- Prioritizes units which do not have the Ignite debuff already.
- Can hit the same unit multiple times.
- The debuff from Ignite does not stack with itself. Successive casts on the same units refresh the debuff.
- Each level of Multicast increases the cast range by 150, resulting in 850/1000/1150 cast range.
- Each level of Multicast increases the area of effect of Ignite by 150, resulting in 150/300/450 radius.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is placed, resulting in 5/6/7/8 damage ticks.
- Can deal up to 130/204/294/400 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Despite the visual effect, the buff is applied instantly on the target upon cast. The projectile has only a visual purpose.
- When Multicast, instantly applies Bloodlust buff on random allies within the radius.
- Causes the target's model size to increase by 25% for its duration. This has no impact on its collision.
- Each level of Multicast reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds, resulting in 15/10/5 seconds cooldown.
| Enables the Ogre Magi to rapidly cast his spells, giving them greater potency. Gives a chance to cast a spell multiple times in one cast. Increases Fireblast's mana cost and decreases its cooldown, increases cast range and adds an area of effect to Ignite and reduces Bloodlust's cooldown and gives it a chance to cast on random allies around Ogre Magi.
| Fireblast Mana Increase: 20/40/60|
Fireblast Cooldown Reduction: 2/4/6
Ignite Radius Increase: 150/300/450
Ignite Cast Range Increase: 150/300/450
Bloodlust Multicast Radius: 575
Bloodlust Cooldown Reduction: 5/10/15
2x Multicast Chance: 40%/50%/60%
3x Multicast Chance: 0%/20%/25%
4x Multicast Chance: 0%/0%/12.5%
| Adds the Unrefined Fireblast ability.
|Despite being largely incapacitated by his IQ, the Ogre Magi's success in battle is attributed to pure skill.
- Aghanim's Scepter is undroppable for Ogre Magi once acquired. This also goes for picking up an Aghanim's Scepter which does not belong to Ogre Magi.
- The mana cost and cooldown changes of the spells are reflected in the spell's tooltip, however, the other effects are not.
- Buying two Clarity potions will give you two or three extra casts of Fireblast, depending on its level.
- A Magic Stick will help supplement your Fireblast casts; it can also be turned into a Magic Wand later on.
- Soul Ring is incredibly useful due to Ogre's high health pool for an Intelligence Hero, and for providing additional Fireblast casts even when out of mana.
- Arcane Boots will give you plenty of mana for all of your spells, and will help more mana-hungry teammates.
- Aghanim's Scepter not only gives you a good attribute increase, but also increases your nuking and disabling power in the form of Unrefined Fireblast.
- Your relative independence from reliance on items to be effective makes you a good candidate for buying Observer Wards.
- Mekansm synergizes well with your high innate strength, high strength growth, and high innate armor.
- Scythe of Vyse gives you an additional disable, plenty of attributes, and plenty of mana regeneration.
- Shiva's Guard gives you an additional slow alongside Ignite, and also gives you even more survivability.
- Ghost Scepter lets you avoid dying quickly to heavily physical attack-reliant enemies later on in the game, and also gives some minor attributes.
- Drum of Endurance give you some decent attributes for its low cost. The extra movement speed also stacks with Bloodlust.
- Bloodstone greatly boosts your survivability, greater ability to spam Fireblast, and a suicide to heal your team with in a pinch.
- Veil of Discord amplifies your Fireblast and Ignite damage, as well as any nukes your teammates possess.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity gives good intelligence and mana regen, and an active that can be used for chasing, escaping, or locking someone out of a fight.
- Force Staff has a variety of uses; saving yourself, saving a teammate, forcing an enemy out of position, and also gives Intelligence.
- Fireblast gives the full 1.5s of stun from the first level, whereas Ignite gains significant additional slow and duration with levels. However, Fireblast will deal high damage if it's leveled and Multicast occurs, so choose your ability build wisely.
- It may seem wise to delay leveling Multicast to preserve the mana efficiency of Fireblast, but remember that Ignite has no area-of-effect until there is at least one level in your Ultimate. This makes farming and pushing creep waves much more difficult. By delaying Multicast, you'll be delaying your farming effectiveness which can put you behind for the rest of the game. For most games, the utility of AOE damage makes higher mana costs an acceptable trade-off. Consider the state of the game and your situation when deciding whether to level Multicast at 6.
- When you have at least 1 point in Multicast, use Ignite when the enemies get clumped to affect them all in a short radius.
- Bloodlust is a rather versatile ability, allowing you or anyone you cast it on to make a swift escape or entrance during teamfights, as well as being a powerful steroid for any carry. Consider keeping your Bloodlust always on a carry during a teamfight.
- You're a good chaser: your Fireblast can stun an enemy for 1.5 seconds and keep him in place, while your Ignite damages and slows the target. Use these abilities to help your teammates get kills.
- Ogre Magi has the second highest Effective Hit-Point total at level 1 in the game (behind Spirit Breaker). You should use this along with your powerful right click damage to harass enemies out of lane early on, as almost any hero who trades hits with you will come off worse.
- Damage reduced from 60/120/180/240 to 55/110/165/220
- Cast Range reduced from 600 to 475
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 2.5.
- Fireblast damage reduced from 80/145/210/275 to 60/120/180/240.
- 2x Multicast chance increased from 25/40/50 to 40/50/60%.
- Multicast spread interval increased from 0.3 to 0.4 (affects Ignite and Fireblast).
- Base armor increased by 1.
- Cast animation improved from 0.56 to 0.45.
- Duration increased from 4/5/6/7 to 5/6/7/8.
- Is now dodgeable.
- Can now multicast to cast at a random enemy unit in 1400 AoE (prioritizes ones that do not already have the debuff).
- Unrefined Fireblast cooldown reduced from 10 to 6.
- Ignite damage per second increased from 26/32/38/44 to 26/34/42/50.
- Multicast now increases cast range of Ignite by 150 per level, this is in addition to the existing AoE increase.
- Armor increased by 1.
- Aghanim's Unrefined Fireblast cooldown decreased from 20 to 10.
- Bloodlust can now target catapults.
- Bloodlust movement speed bonus increased from 6/9/12/15% to 10/12/14/16%.
- Gives his other head the ability to cast a more primitive version of Fireblast. It has a constant (not modified by ultimate/level) 275 damage, 1.5 second stun, 20 cooldown, 400 manacost. It can trigger multicast. This is an independent 5th skill added to his ability card.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Rebalanced all Melee heroes between 100 and 128 range to be 128 range
- Ogre Magi previously had 100 range.
- Damage increased from 10/20/30/40 to 26/32/38/44
- Slow increased from 10/15/20/25% to 20/22/24/26%
- Duration from 7.5 seconds to 4/5/6/7
- Intelligence gain increased from 1.9 to 2.4.
- Fireblast rescaled from 75/125/175/275 to 80/145/210/275.
- Multicast manacost increase for Fireblast rescaled from 30/80/110 to 30/70/110.
- Fireblast Multicast upgraded cooldown improved from 15/12/9/6 to 12/10/8/6.
- Reduced Multicast from 30%2x/45%2x+22.5%3x/60%2x+30%3x+15%4x ->25%2x/40%2x+20%3x/50%2x+25%3x+12.5%4x.
- Reworked Multicast chance mechanism
- Old Multicast:
- lvl 1 - 20% for 2. [Scepter: 30% for 3]
- lvl 2 - 20% for 3. [Scepter: 30% for 4]
- lvl 3 - 20% for 4. [Scepter: 30% for 5]
- New Multicast:
- lvl 1 - 30% for 2.
- lvl 2 - 45% for 2 or 22.5% for 3
- lvl 3 - 60% for 2 or 30% for 3 or 15% for 4.
- No scepter upgrades
- Example: Level 2 has 50% chance for at least 2x and a 25% for 3.
- This displays overhead showing which multiplier of multicast was achieved.
- Aghanim's Scepter Multicast removed (might return it later after the rework has time to settle in first).
- Increased str/level on Ogre Magi
- Ogre Magi base damage improved
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Ignite missle speed improved a bit
- Ignite slight buff, Bloodlust move nerf, Bloodlust mana cost decreased
- Improved Ogre Magi Ultimate, it now has parts of his old ultimate and current