Aggron Stonebreak, the Ogre Magi, is a melee intelligence hero, famous for his random potential for extreme burst damage and his enormous health pool for an intelligence hero. He has good base attributes, and some of the best attributes gain in the game, having a very high base strength, as well as the highest strength gain of any intelligence hero by far. Coupled with his high base armor and high health regeneration, Ogre Magi is very hard to take down in the early game. He is a powerful ganker and disabler, slowing his enemies first with an Ignite, then proceeding to eliminate his opponents with Fireblast. Later in the game he takes on the role of a buffer/debuffer with his powerful Bloodlust buff, buffing his carry's damage potential enormously. And if you happen to be skilled enough, his ultimate Multicast gives him the opportunity to randomly cast his spells multiple times, allowing for great burst potential. Ogre Magi is a very strong disabler, requiring nothing but a bit of luck to successfully pull off his powerful Multicasts.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- When multicast, Fireblast hits the same target several times in 0.5 seconds intervals.
- This is how much damage a multicast Fireblast does (before reductions) and how long it stuns on each level:
- 2x Multicast: 110/220/330/440 damage, 2.0 seconds stun
- 3x Multicast: 165/330/495/660 damage, 2.5 seconds stun
- 4x Multicast: 220/440/660/880 damage, 3.0 seconds stun
- This is how much mana Fireblast costs and how long its cooldown is on each level with each level of Multicast:
- Multicast Level 1: 95/105/115/125 mana, 10 seconds cooldown
- Multicast Level 2: 115/125/135/145 mana, 8 seconds cooldown
- Multicast Level 3: 135/145/155/165 mana, 6 seconds cooldown
- The targeting reticule must be centered over an enemy unit.
- Ignite travels at a speed of 1000 and can be disjointed.
- Disjointing it completely nullifies the effects, including the area slow and damage.
- Turning invulnerable, hidden or spell immune does not prevent it from affecting the area around the target.
- When multicast, launches Ignite projectiles with 0.5 seconds intervals at random enemy or neutral units within 1400 range of Ogre Magi.
- The debuff from Ignite does not stack with itself. Successive casts on the same units refresh the debuff.
- Each level of Multicast increases the cast range by 150 and the area of effect of Ignite by 150.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is placed, resulting in 5/6/7/8 damage ticks.
- Can deal up to 130/204/294/400 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Despite the visual effect, the buff is applied instantly on the target upon cast. The projectile has only a visual purpose.
- When multicast, instantly applies the Bloodlust buff on random allies within the radius.
- Causes the target's model size to increase by 25% for its duration. This has no impact on its collision size.
- Can be cast on any allied unit which is not a ward. This includes buildings and invulnerable allies.
- Can be set on autocast.
- When on autocast, Ogre Magi automatically casts this spell on the closest allied hero that does not have the Bloodlust buff on.
- This includes hero clones, creep-heroes, but not illusions.
- Does not automatically target lane creeps, spell immune creep-heroes and other allied or own summons.
- Interrupts Ogre Magi's current order and makes him forget queued commands. This cannot occur while channeling a spell, though.
- Each level of Multicast reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds, resulting in a 15/10/5 seconds cooldown.
- The mana cost and cooldown changes of the spells are reflected in the spells' tooltips, however, the other effects are not.
- Once purchased, Ogre Magi cannot drop or sell his Aghanim's Scepter.
- Requires Aghanim's Scepter to be unlocked.
- Does not require Multicast to be leveled to be unlocked, once Aghanim's Scepter is acquired.
- Ogre Magi can never be out of mana to cast this spell, since it always costs 60% of his current mana pool (rounded down).
- The tooltip shows the momentary mana cost and updates whenever the mouse cursor is moved over the ability icon.
- When multicast, Unrefined Fireblast hits the same target several times in 0.5 seconds intervals.
- This is how much damage a multicast Unrefined Fireblast does (before reductions) and how long it stuns on each level:
- 2x Multicast: 550 damage, 2.0 seconds stun
- 3x Multicast: 825 damage, 2.5 seconds stun
- 4x Multicast: 1100 damage, 3.0 seconds stun
Talents[edit | edit source]
|+40 Bloodlust Attack Speed||25||+15% Spell Amplification|
|+25 Movement Speed||20||+250 Health|
|+8% Magic Resistance||15||+40 Damage|
|+100 Cast Range||10||+60 Gold/Min|
- Gold granted from the talent is unreliable gold.
- The magic resistance stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Buying two Clarity potions gives you two or three extra casts of Fireblast, depending on its level.
- A Magic Stick helps to supplement your Fireblast casts; it can also be turned into a Magic Wand later on.
- Soul Ring is incredibly useful due to Ogre's high health pool for an Intelligence Hero, and for providing additional Fireblast casts even when out of mana.
- Your relative independence from reliance on items to be effective makes you a good candidate for buying Observer Ward.
- Arcane Boots give you plenty of mana for all of your spells, and also help more mana-hungry teammates.
- Aghanim's Scepter not only gives you a good attribute increase, but also increases your nuking and disabling power in the form of Unrefined Fireblast.
- Mekansm synergizes well with your high innate strength, high strength growth, and high innate armor.
- Veil of Discord amplifies your Fireblast and Ignite damage, as well as any nukes your teammates possess.
- Bloodstone greatly boosts your survivability, greater ability to spam Fireblast, and a suicide to heal your team with in a pinch.
- Scythe of Vyse gives you an additional disable, plenty of attributes, and plenty of mana regeneration.
- Shiva's Guard gives you an additional slow alongside Ignite, and also gives you even more survivability.
- Ghost Scepter lets you avoid dying quickly to heavily physical attack-reliant enemies later on in the game, and also gives some minor attributes.
- Drum of Endurance give you some decent attributes for its low cost. The extra movement speed also stacks with Bloodlust.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity gives good intelligence and mana regen, and an active that can be used for chasing, escaping, or locking someone out of a fight.
- Force Staff has a variety of uses; saving yourself, saving a teammate, forcing an enemy out of position, and also gives Intelligence.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Fireblast gives the full 1.5s of stun from the first level, whereas Ignite gains significant additional slow and duration with levels. However, Fireblast can deal high damage if it is leveled and Multicast occurs, so choose your ability build wisely.
- It may seem wise to delay leveling Multicast to preserve the mana efficiency of Fireblast, but remember that Ignite has no area-of-effect until there is at least one level in your Ultimate. This makes farming and pushing creep waves much more difficult. By delaying Multicast, you are delaying your farming effectiveness which can put you behind for the rest of the game. For most games, the utility of AoE damage makes higher mana costs an acceptable trade-off. Consider the state of the game and your situation when deciding whether to level Multicast at 6.
- When you have at least 1 point in Multicast, use Ignite when the enemies get clumped to affect them all in a short radius.
- Bloodlust is a rather versatile ability, allowing you or anyone you cast it on to make a swift escape or entrance during teamfights, as well as being a powerful steroid for any carry. Consider keeping your Bloodlust always on a carry during a teamfight.
- You are a good chaser: Your Fireblast can stun an enemy for 1.5 seconds and keep him in place, while your Ignite damages and slows the target. Use these abilities to help your teammates get kills.
- Ogre Magi has the second highest Effective Hit-Point total at level 1 in the game (behind Spirit Breaker), while also being one of the few heroes with exceptionally high base health regeneration. You should use this along with your powerful right click damage to harass enemies out of the lane early on, as almost any hero trading hits with you comes off worse.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]