23 + 3.2
14 + 1.55
17 + 2.4
Aggron Stonebreak, the Ogre Magi is a melee intelligence hero famous for his random potential for extreme burst damage and his enormous health pool for an intelligence Hero. He has good base attributes, and some of the best attributes gain in the game, having the 3rd highest base strength among heroes, as well as the highest strength gain of any intelligence hero. Coupled with his high base armor and high HP regeneration, Ogre Magi is very hard to take down in the early game. He is a powerful ganker and disabler, slowing his enemies first with an Ignite, then proceeding to eliminate his opponents with Fireblast. Later in the game he takes on the role of a buffer/debuffer with his powerful Bloodlust buff, buffing his carry's damage potential exponentially. And if you happen to be lucky enough, his ultimate Multicast gives him the opportunity to randomly cast his spells multiple times, allowing for great burst potential. Ogre Magi is a very strong disabler, requiring nothing but a bit of luck to successfully pull off his powerful Multicasts.
| Aggron Stonebreak, the Ogre Magi
| Play "Once is not enough!" "It's just as high as we can count."
|| Support / Nuker / Disabler / Durable / Initiator
|| The ordinary ogre is the creature for whom the phrase 'As dumb as a bag of rock hammers' was coined. In his natural state, an ogre is supremely incapable of doing or deciding anything. Clothed in dirt, he sometimes finds himself accidentally draped in animal skins after eating lanekill. Not an especially social creature, he is most often found affectionately consorting with the boulders or tree-stumps he has mistaken for kin (a factor that may explain the ogre's low rate of reproduction). However, once every generation or so, the ogre race is blessed with the birth of a two-headed Ogre Magi, who is immediately given the traditional name of Aggron Stonebreak, the name of the first and perhaps only wise ogre in their line's history. With two heads, Ogre Magi finds it possible to function at a level most other creatures manage with one. And while the Ogre Magi will win no debates (even with itself), it is graced with a divine quality known as Dumb Luck--a propensity for serendipitous strokes of fortune which have allowed the ogre race to flourish in spite of enemies, harsh weather, and an inability to feed itself. It's as if the Goddess of Luck, filled with pity for the sadly inept species, has taken Ogre Magi under her wing. And who could blame her? Poor things.
|| Nolan North (Responses)
- Ignite travels at a speed of 1000 and can be disjointed.
- When multicast, launches Ignite projectiles with 0.4 second intervals at random enemy units (including neutral creeps) within 1400 range of Ogre Magi.
- Travel at the same speed as the original and are disjointable aswell.
- Can target invisible units and units inside the Fog of War. However, connecting with invisible units has no effect.
- Prioritizes units which do not have the Ignite debuff already.
- Can hit the same unit multiple times.
- The debuff from Ignite does not stack with itself. Successive casts on the same units refresh the debuff.
- Each level of Multicast increases the cast range by 150 and the area of effect of Ignite by 150, resulting in a 850/1000/1150 cast range and a 150/300/450 radius.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is placed, resulting in 5/6/7/8 damage ticks.
- Despite the visual effect, the buff is applied instantly on the target upon cast. The projectile has only a visual purpose.
- When multicast, instantly applies the Bloodlust buff on random allies within the radius (including illusions whose movement and attack speed are also increased).
- Causes the target's model size to increase by 25% for its duration. This has no impact on its collision size.
- Can be set on Auto-Cast
- When on Auto-Cast, Ogre Magi automatically casts this spell on the closest allied hero who does not have the Bloodlust buff on.
- This includes Meepo clones, creep-heroes, but not illusions.
- Does not automatically target lane creeps, spell immune creep-heroes and other allied or own summons.
- Auto-Cast can interrupt Ogre Magi's current order and makes him forget queued commands. It cannot occur while channeling a spell though.
- Each level of Multicast reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds, resulting in a 15/10/5 seconds cooldown.
| Enables Ogre Magi to cast his spells multiple times with each use, while also granting his spells greater potency:|
Fireblast has its cooldown decreased, its range increased, and its mana cost increased.
Ignite hits enemies in an area, its range is increased, and it may be cast onto random nearby enemies when used.
Bloodlust has its cooldown reduced, and may be cast on random nearby allies when used.
| Fireblast Mana Increase: 20/40/60|
Fireblast Cooldown Reduction: 2/4/6
Ignite Radius Increase: 150/300/450
Ignite Cast Range Increase: 150/300/450
Bloodlust Multicast Radius: 575
Bloodlust Cooldown Reduction: 5/10/15
2x Multicast Chance: 40%/50%/60%
3x Multicast Chance: 0%/20%/25%
4x Multicast Chance: 0%/0%/12.5%
| Adds the Unrefined Fireblast ability.
|Despite being largely incapacitated by his IQ, the Ogre Magi's success in battle is attributed to pure skill.
- The mana cost and cooldown changes of the spells are reflected in the spell's tooltip, however, the other effects are not.
- Buying two Clarity potions will give you two or three extra casts of Fireblast, depending on its level.
- A Magic Stick will help supplement your Fireblast casts; it can also be turned into a Magic Wand later on.
- Soul Ring is incredibly useful due to Ogre's high health pool for an Intelligence Hero, and for providing additional Fireblast casts even when out of mana.
- Arcane Boots will give you plenty of mana for all of your spells, and will help more mana-hungry teammates.
- Aghanim's Scepter not only gives you a good attribute increase, but also increases your nuking and disabling power in the form of Unrefined Fireblast.
- Your relative independence from reliance on items to be effective makes you a good candidate for buying Observer Wards.
- Mekansm synergizes well with your high innate strength, high strength growth, and high innate armor.
- Scythe of Vyse gives you an additional disable, plenty of attributes, and plenty of mana regeneration.
- Shiva's Guard gives you an additional slow alongside Ignite, and also gives you even more survivability.
- Ghost Scepter lets you avoid dying quickly to heavily physical attack-reliant enemies later on in the game, and also gives some minor attributes.
- Drum of Endurance give you some decent attributes for its low cost. The extra movement speed also stacks with Bloodlust.
- Bloodstone greatly boosts your survivability, greater ability to spam Fireblast, and a suicide to heal your team with in a pinch.
- Veil of Discord amplifies your Fireblast and Ignite damage, as well as any nukes your teammates possess.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity gives good intelligence and mana regen, and an active that can be used for chasing, escaping, or locking someone out of a fight.
- Force Staff has a variety of uses; saving yourself, saving a teammate, forcing an enemy out of position, and also gives Intelligence.
- Fireblast gives the full 1.5s of stun from the first level, whereas Ignite gains significant additional slow and duration with levels. However, Fireblast will deal high damage if it's leveled and Multicast occurs, so choose your ability build wisely.
- It may seem wise to delay leveling Multicast to preserve the mana efficiency of Fireblast, but remember that Ignite has no area-of-effect until there is at least one level in your Ultimate. This makes farming and pushing creep waves much more difficult. By delaying Multicast, you'll be delaying your farming effectiveness which can put you behind for the rest of the game. For most games, the utility of AOE damage makes higher mana costs an acceptable trade-off. Consider the state of the game and your situation when deciding whether to level Multicast at 6.
- When you have at least 1 point in Multicast, use Ignite when the enemies get clumped to affect them all in a short radius.
- Bloodlust is a rather versatile ability, allowing you or anyone you cast it on to make a swift escape or entrance during teamfights, as well as being a powerful steroid for any carry. Consider keeping your Bloodlust always on a carry during a teamfight.
- You're a good chaser: your Fireblast can stun an enemy for 1.5 seconds and keep him in place, while your Ignite damages and slows the target. Use these abilities to help your teammates get kills.
- Ogre Magi has the second highest Effective Hit-Point total at level 1 in the game (behind Spirit Breaker), while also being one of the few heroes with exceptionally high base health regeneration. You should use this along with your powerful right click damage to harass enemies out of lane early on, as almost any hero who trades hits with you will come off worse.
- The flavor text of Ignite "Batter up!" is a reference to the line "Batter up!" spoken by the Scout, a character from another Valve title Team Fortress 2.
- This reference is also supported by the fact that Ogre Magi's cast animation for Ignite shows him hitting the flask with his club like a bat. The Scout is known for his baseball references and uses a bat as a melee weapon.
- Increased base armor from 5 to 6 (total armor from 6.96 to 7.96).
- Can now be cast on buildings.
- Fixed multicast Bloodlust never targeting spell immune allies.
- Increased attack speed bonus from 20/30/40/50 to 30/40/50/60.
- Reduced damage from 60/120/180/240 to 55/110/165/220.
- Reduced cast range from 600 to 475.
- Reduced Unrefined Fireblast cast range from 600 to 475.
- Increased base health regeneration from 0.25 to 2.5.
- Reduced Fireblast damage from 80/145/210/275 to 60/120/180/240.
- Increased chance for 2x multicast from 25%/40%/50% to 40%/50%/60%.
- Increased multicast interval between the extra casts of Fireblast, Unrefined Fireblast and Ignite from 0.3 to 0.4.
- Increased base armor from 4 to 5 (total armor is now 6.96).
- Reduced all of Ogre Magi's spells' cast point from 0.56 to 0.45.
- Now has the same chance to be multicast like his other abilties (targets random enemies within a 1400 radius, prioritizes units which do not have the debuff already).
- Is now disjointable.
- Increased duration from 4/5/6/7 to 5/6/7/8.
- Reduced Unrefined Fireblast cooldown from 10 to 6.
- Increased Ignite damage per second from 26/32/38/44 to 26/34/42/50.
- Multicast now also increases Ignite cast range by 150/300/450 in addition to the radius increase.
- Unrefined Fireblast
- Blasts an enemy unit with a wave of fire, dealing damage and stunning the target.
- Cast range: 600
- Damage: 275
- Stun duration: 1.5
- Manacost: 400
- Cooldown: 20
- Notes: Works identical to his regular Fireblast, but is completely independent from it. They do not share cooldowns (hotkey: D). The manacost and cooldown are constant, Multicast does not increase them. Can proc Multicast, just like his regular Fireblast.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Increased damage per second from 10/20/30/40 to 26/32/38/44.
- Increased movement speed slow from 10%/15%/20%/25% to 20%/22%/24%/26%.
- Reduced duration from 7.5 on each level to to 4/5/6/7.
- Increased intelligence gain from 1.9 to 2.4.
- Increased Fireblast damage from 75/125/175/275 to 80/145/210/275.
- Reduced Multicast Fireblast manacost increase from 30/80/110 to 30/70/110.
- Reduced Fireblast cooldown from 15 to 12.
- Reduced Multicast Fireblast cooldown reduction from 3/6/9 to 2/4/6.
- Reduced chance for 2x multicast from 30%/45%/60% to 20%/40%/50%.
- Reduced chance for 3x multicast from 0%/22.5%/30% to 0%/20%/25%.
- Reduced chance for 4x multicast from 0%/0%/15% to 0%/0%/12.5%.
- Old Multicast:
- Level 1: 20% chance for 2x ( 30% chance for 3x)
- Level 2: 20% chance for 3x ( 30% chance for 4x)
- Level 3: 20% chance for 4x ( 30% chance for 5x)
- New Multicast:
- Level 1: 30% chance for 2x
- Level 2: 45% chance for 2x, 22.5% chance for 3x
- Level 3: 60% chance for 2x, 30% chance for 3x, 15% chance for 4x
- Has no Aghanim's Scepter upgrade.
- Fixed a recent bug with Multicast and Bloodlust.
- Increased base strength and gain from 22 + 2.75 to 23 + 3.2.
- Increased base armor from 2 to 3 (total armor is now 4.96).
- Increased base attack damage from 29-35 to 41-47 (total attack damage is now 58-64).
- Increased base armor from 1 to 2 (total armor is now 3.96).
- Fixed a probability error with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Multicast.
- Fixed multicast Bloodlust never considering Ogre Magi as a target.
- Increased Ignite projectile speed from 700 to 1000.
- Increased Ignite damage per second from 5/15/25/35 to 10/20/30/40.
- Reduced Bloodlust movement speed bonus from 10%/15%/20%/25% to 6%/9%/12%/15%.
- Fixed a bug between Multicast and Bloodlust.
- No longer increases Bloodlust manacost by 10/20/50.
- Increased Multicast proc chance from 5%/10%/15% ( 10%/15%/20%) to 20% ( 30%) on each level.
- Increased Fireblast cooldown from 12 to 15.
- now grants a 5%/10%/15% chance for Fireblast and Bloodlust to be cast 1/2/3 extra times when cast.
- Fireblast is cast multiple times on the same target, while Bloodlust is cast on random allies within a 575 radius around Ogre Magi.
- Increased Fireblast manacost increase from 10/20/30 to 30/80/110.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Ogre Magi: Increases Multicast proc chance from 5%/10%/15% to 10%/15%/20% and number of extra casts from 1/2/3 to 2/3/4.
- Increased damage from 75/125/175/225 to 75/125/175/275.
- Reduced cooldown from 14 to 12.
- Drenches a target in volatile chemicals, causing it to burst into flames. The target is under immense pain, causing it to take damage and move slower.
- Cast range: 700
- Radius: 0
- Damage per second: 5/15/25/35
- Movement speed slow: 10%/15%/20%/25%
- Duration: 7.5
- Manacost: 95/105/115/125
- Cooldown: 15
- Notes: The projectile travels at a speed of 700 and can be disjointed. Multicast adds an area of effect to the spell, hitting all enemies within the radius around the target.
- Old Multicast:
- Enables the Ogre Magi to automatically cast spells extra times each time he casts a spell. Increases their mana costs.
- Extra casts: 1/2/3 ( 2/3/4)
- Fireblast manacost increase: 95/270/430
- Fireblast cooldown increase: 8/24/47
- Fireblast stun duration increase: 0/0/0.5
- Lightning Shield damage increase: 12/24/36
- Lightning Shield mana increase: 30/60/70
- Bloodlust mana increase: 50/100/150
- Notes: Causes Fireblast to be cast 1/2/3 additional times on the target and Bloodlust to be cast on additional 1/2/3 allied units within a 600 radius around Ogre Magi. Lightning Shield is not cast multiple times.
- New Multicast:
- Enables the Ogre Magi to rapidly cast his spells, giving them greater potency.
- Fireblast cooldown decrease: 3/6/9
- Fireblast mana increase: 10/20/30
- Ignite radius increase: 150/300/450
- Bloodlust cooldown decrease: 5/15/15
- Bloodlust mana increase: 10/20/50
- Notes: Does not cause any spell to be cast multiple times. No Aghanim's Scepter upgrade.
- Reduced Fireblast cooldown from 11 to 8.
- Increased Multicast Fireblast cooldown increase from 3/14/24 to 8/24/47.
- Increased base agility and gain from 8 + 0.6 to 14 + 1.55.
- Reduced base intelligence and gain from 23 + 2.8 to 17 + 1.9.
- Lightning Shield can no longer be cast on self.
- Reduced Multicast Lightning Shield manacost increase from 35/70/105 to 30/60/70.
- Ogre Magi can now attack flying units.
- Rescaled Fireblast manacost from 75/90/110/135 to 95 on each level.
- Lightning Shield
- Can now be cast on own units as well.
- Increased damage per second from 24/36/48/60 to 36/48/60/72.
- Increased manacost from 70 to 80.
- Now works properly for multile Ogres.
- Increased Fireblast manacost increase from 80/160/240 to 95/270/430.
- Now increases Fireblast cooldown by 3/14/24.
- No longer causes Lightning Shield to be cast 2/3/4 times.
- Now increases Lightning Shield damage per second by 12/24/36.
- Increased Lightning Shield manacost increase from 20/40/60 to 35/70/105.
- Reduced Lightning Shield manacost from 90 to 70.
- No longer reduces Fireblast damage by 25/50/50.
- Reduced Lightning Shield mana increase from 40/80/120 to 20/40/60.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Ogre Magi: Increases number of multi casts from 1/2/3 to 2/3/4
- Renamed to Fireblast.
- No longer uses a disjointable projectile.
- Lightning Shield
- Can now be cast on allied units as well.
- Fixed Ogre Magi not getting kill credits when a unit dies to Lightning Shield.
- Increased damage per second from 12/24/36/48 to 24/36/48/60.
- Multicast now increases Fireblast stun duration by 0/0/0.5.
- Reduced Multicast Firebolt damage reduction from 25/50/75 to 25/50/50.
- This ability got replaced by Ignite in the 6.00 gameplay patch.
- Can be cast on any enemy, allied units and own units, except on self. Cannot be cast on wards and buildings.
- Deals damage to enemy and allied units alike. Does not damage the unit the shield was put on.
- Multiple shields can damage the same units.
- Deals 18/24/30/36 damage in 0.5 second intervals.
- Pre 5.80, Multicast used to cause this spell to be cast 1/2/3 extra times on random units (including self) within a 600 radius around Ogre Magi.
- From 5.80 on, Multicast no longer caused it to be cast multiple times, but increased its damage per second and manacost instead.
- This is how much damage per second Lightning Shield dealt (before reductions) and how much mana it costed on each level with each level of Multicast:
- Level 0 Multicast: 36/48/60/72 damage, 80 mana
- Level 1 Multicast: 48/60/72/84 damage, 110 mana
- Level 2 Multicast: 60/72/84/96 damage, 140 mana
- Level 3 Multicast: 72/84/96/108 damage, 150 mana