Aggron Stonebreak, the Ogre Magi is a melee intelligence hero famous for his random potential for extreme burst damage and his enormous health pool for an intelligence Hero. He has good base attributes, and some of the best attributes gain in the game, having the 3rd highest base strength among heroes, as well as the highest strength gain of any intelligence hero. Coupled with his high base armor and high HP regeneration, Ogre Magi is very hard to take down in the early game. He is a powerful ganker and disabler, slowing his enemies first with an Ignite, then proceeding to eliminate his opponents with Fireblast. Later in the game he takes on the role of a buffer/debuffer with his powerful Bloodlust buff, buffing his carry's damage potential exponentially. And if you happen to be lucky enough, his ultimate Multicast gives him the opportunity to randomly cast his spells multiple times, allowing for great burst potential. Ogre Magi is a very strong disabler, requiring nothing but a bit of luck to successfully pull off his powerful Multicasts.
- Fireblast gives the full 1.5s of stun from the first level, whereas Ignite gains significant additional slow and duration with levels. However, Fireblast will deal high damage if it's leveled and Multicast occurs, so choose your ability build wisely.
- It may seem wise to delay leveling Multicast to preserve the mana efficiency of Fireblast, but remember that Ignite has no area-of-effect until there is at least one level in your Ultimate. This makes farming and pushing creep waves much more difficult. By delaying Multicast, you'll be delaying your farming effectiveness which can put you behind for the rest of the game. For most games, the utility of AOE damage makes higher mana costs an acceptable trade-off. Consider the state of the game and your situation when deciding whether to level Multicast at 6.
- When you have at least 1 point in Multicast, use Ignite when the enemies get clumped to affect them all in a short radius.
- Bloodlust is a rather versatile ability, allowing you or anyone you cast it on to make a swift escape or entrance during teamfights, as well as being a powerful steroid for any carry. Consider keeping your Bloodlust always on a carry during a teamfight.
- You're a good chaser: your Fireblast can stun an enemy for 1.5 seconds and keep him in place, while your Ignite damages and slows the target. Use these abilities to help your teammates get kills.
- Ogre Magi has the second highest Effective Hit-Point total at level 1 in the game (behind Spirit Breaker). You should use this along with your powerful right click damage to harass enemies out of lane early on, as almost any hero who trades hits with you will come off worse.
- Fixed a minor inaccuracy with Meepo and Ogre Magi's base armor.
- Enabled Ogre Magi in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed Bloodlust autocast interrupting your TP scroll.
- Fixed Multicast Fireblast not extending the stun duration.
- Fixed Bloodlust being castable on magic immune units.
- Fixed Bloodlust Multicast being used up by couriers.
- Fixed Fireblast Multicast stopping if you die while it is multicast.
- Added unique effect for unrefined fireblast
- Added new effect for unrefined fireblast.
- [Undocumented] Adjusted Ogre Magi's texture.
- [Undocumented] Updated Ogre Magi's minimap icon to reflect his texture change.
- Damage reduced from 60/120/180/240 to 55/110/165/220
- Cast Range reduced from 600 to 475
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 2.5.
- Fireblast damage reduced from 80/145/210/275 to 60/120/180/240.
- 2x Multicast chance increased from 25/40/50 to 40/50/60%.
- Multicast spread interval increased from 0.3 to 0.4 (affects Ignite and Fireblast).
- Multicast's passive manacost penalty on Fireblast reduced from 30/70/110 to 20/40/60.
- Bloodlust can now be cast on Magic Immune allies.
- Base armor increased by 1.
- Cast animation improved from 0.56 to 0.45.
- Unrefined Fireblast manacost changed from 400 to 60% of your current mana.
- Duration increased from 4/5/6/7 to 5/6/7/8.
- Is now dodgeable.
- Can now multicast to cast at a random enemy unit in 1400 AoE (prioritizes ones that do not already have the debuff).
- Unrefined Fireblast cooldown reduced from 10 to 6.
- Ignite damage per second increased from 26/32/38/44 to 26/34/42/50.
- Multicast now increases cast range of Ignite by 150 per level, this is in addition to the existing AoE increase.
- Armor increased by 1.
- Aghanim's Unrefined Fireblast cooldown decreased from 20 to 10.
- Bloodlust can now target catapults.
- Bloodlust movement speed bonus increased from 6/9/12/15% to 10/12/14/16%.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter.
- Gives his other head the ability to cast a more primitive version of Fireblast. It has a constant (not modified by ultimate/level) 275 damage, 1.5 second stun, 20 cooldown, 400 manacost. It can trigger multicast. This is an independent 5th skill added to his ability card.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Rebalanced all Melee heroes between 100 and 128 range to be 128 range
- Ogre Magi previously had 100 range.
- Ignite rescaled.
- Damage increased from 10/20/30/40 to 26/32/38/44
- Slow increased from 10/15/20/25% to 20/22/24/26%
- Duration from 7.5 seconds to 4/5/6/7
- Intelligence gain increased from 1.9 to 2.4.
- Fireblast rescaled from 75/125/175/275 to 80/145/210/275.
- Multicast manacost increase for Fireblast rescaled from 30/80/110 to 30/70/110.
- Fireblast Multicast upgraded cooldown improved from 15/12/9/6 to 12/10/8/6.
- Reduced Multicast from 30%2x/45%2x+22.5%3x/60%2x+30%3x+15%4x ->25%2x/40%2x+20%3x/50%2x+25%3x+12.5%4x.
- Reworked Multicast chance mechanism
- Old Multicast:
- lvl 1 - 20% for 2. [Scepter: 30% for 3]
- lvl 2 - 20% for 3. [Scepter: 30% for 4]
- lvl 3 - 20% for 4. [Scepter: 30% for 5]
- New Multicast:
- lvl 1 - 30% for 2.
- lvl 2 - 45% for 2 or 22.5% for 3
- lvl 3 - 60% for 2 or 30% for 3 or 15% for 4.
- No scepter upgrades
- Example: Level 2 has 50% chance for at least 2x and a 25% for 3.
- This displays overhead showing which multiplier of multicast was achieved.
- Old Multicast:
- Aghanim's Scepter Multicast removed (might return it later after the rework has time to settle in first).
- Increased str/level on Ogre Magi
- Ogre Magi base damage improved
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Ignite missle speed improved a bit
- Ignite slight buff, Bloodlust move nerf, Bloodlust mana cost decreased
- Improved Ogre Magi Ultimate, it now has parts of his old ultimate and current