From Dota 2 Wiki
| Observer Ward|
|A form of half-sentient plant, often cultivated by apprentice wizards.|
- Observer Wards start with a stock count of 2 and are limited to a count of 4.
- It takes 150 seconds for 1 ward to replenish in the stock.
- Stacks with itself and with Sentry Wards in inventory.
- Observer Wards are completely shareable.
- Observer Wards do not provide True Sight.
- Provides 1600 radius ground vision at its location.
- Cannot be placed inside the fountain area (including a small area in front of the ramp), or in Roshan's pit.
- Holding Control allows the owner to give an ally just one ward, instead of the whole stack.
- Observer Wards can be targeted by enemy Tangoes and Quelling Blade (including its upgrades) to be instantly destroyed.
- Creep spawn ranges are shown before placing a ward, allowing camps to be blocked.
- While having the ward selected, multiple indicators appear on the world and minimap.
- The targeting courser depicts the ward, with a green circle around it. The circle shows its vision range.
- The minimap shows a yellow area, depecting how much the ward would reveal when placed at that point.
- The yellow markings consider trees and terrain height around the area.
Placed Observer Ward
Fade Time: 0
- The ability and modifier are not displayed in-game.
- Essential to victory, Observer Wards allow you to keep watch over areas and spy on your enemies while keeping you and other heroes safe. It is important to keep wards up in key locations, and destroy enemy wards.
- Observer Wards are considered essential to map control, providing vision for Runes, watching out for Ganks, and blocking neutral creeps from spawning in the Jungle.
- Although it is common for the support to purchase wards, mid and off-laners can purchase them to set up ganks or block the enemy team's safe lane jungle camp respectively.
- Knowing how to craft a ward is an important skill for artificers of magical goods. Rylai showed great talent at crafting wards, and once considered becoming an artificer.
- White Sentry description.