Balanar the Night Stalker is a unique Hero in that he is affected by the time of day during the game. During daytime, his vision is lower than usual, he is slower in both movement and attack speed than a hero of an equal level. Once the sun goes down, Balanar's real power is unleashed, as both his physical power and abilities are enhanced greatly.
His Void is a slowing nuke that keeps enemies crippled longer at night. Crippling Fear is a silence with a relatively low cooldown (something rare on a Strength hero) that gains even additional potency at night, later in the game it can go on to become the second longest silence in the game. Hunter in the Night is what defines the Night Stalker, gaining supernatural attack and movement speed, but only at night. Darkness literally takes back the night from the day and allows him to achieve his full potential regardless of which time of day it actually is, all the while reducing the enemies field of vision and increasing the duration of night-time if used during the night.
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
- Void is the best ability to max early, as the damage increase and slow allow you to use it to kill your desired target.
- Hunter in the Night empowers his attack speed and movement speed superbly during the night, making him the best ganker during the earliest parts of the game.
- Night Stalker will greatly benefit from being on the same team as a Luna. Her Lunar Blessing will give him bonus damage and her Eclipse will turn the time of the day to night for 10 seconds. This 10 seconds is often significant enough for the Night Stalker to set in and go for the kill.
- Using Darkness during night time will prolong the duration of the night, allowing Night Stalker to ultimately change the time to his favor.
- During the night, most heroes have below average vision, rendering them to be ineffective on chases and gives enemies a chance to hide in a blind spot. Night Stalker, however, is at home in this time and has full vision, allowing him to effectively chase without getting obscured on his sight. With Aghanim's Scepter, he gains full unobstructed vision, allowing him to see through trees,higher terrains and even inside Roshan Pit.
- Satanic and Helm of the Dominator can be used to help Night Stalker jungle in the mid game stage and the active of Satanic will aid him in healing a lot of damage if he has to face the enemy carry during a manfight.
- Vladmir's Offering helps greatly with pushing towers after a successful gank and provides a vampiric aura to your allies.
- During the day, save Darkness for when it is necessary for a fight; during the night, however, cast it whenever it is off cooldown in order to maximize the night's duration.
- Many of Night Stalker's responses that refer to his vampiric qualities make reference to Bram Stoker's Dracula, a film adaptation of the classic novel starring Gary Oldman.
- Night stalker's line "If I ever get my claws on that bird," is likely a reference to the rooster, a bird which heralded the coming of dawn with its cry. The rooster was sacred to the sun-god Helios.
- In an earlier version DotA, there existed a hero similar to Night Stalker called Void Demon. His first ability "Time Void" had similar effects to the present Void ability, except it also stunned the target for 5 seconds. Void Demon also had a ability similar to Omniknight's Degen Aura, though it had a larger radius of 600 units. His third ability was a pushing spell called "Quake" which was useful for destroying towers. Finally, his ultimate was called "Mass Haste". This aura gave Void Demon and nearby allies benefits similar to Night Stalker's Hunter in the Night, except that it had no conditions and enabled Void Demon and his team to hunt Heroes relentlessly both day and night. Ultimately, Void Demon was replaced with Night Stalker as his skill set was deemed too powerful.
- Updated Night Stalker Darkness sound and made it global for teammates.
- Added Night Stalker Darkness graphic to day/night clock.
- [Undocumented] Added new attack sounds for Night Stalker.
- [Undocumented] Added spawn animations for Earthshaker, Night Stalker, Shadow Demon, Tidehunter, Tinker.
- [Undocumented] Added teleport start and end animations for Earthshaker, Pudge, Night Stalker, Shadow Demon, Tidehunter, Tinker.
- [Undocumented] Added Haste Rune Run animations for Night Stalker and Pudge.
- [Undocumented] Added the following animations to Night Stalker: Injured Run, Injured Idle, Victory and Defeat.
- Added duration buff for Darkness.
- Fixed Hunter in the Night working on Illusions.
- Updated suggested item build.
- Hooked up Nightstalker's day->night->day transition animations.
- Fixed his model going into reference pose if the time of day transitioned while he was dead.
- Added Night Stalker VO.
- Fixed Night Stalker's Void not mini-stunning on apply.
- Fixed Night Stalker's Crippling Fear doing 0 damage on apply and thus disabling blink dagger.
- Enabled Night Stalker (model and effects work-in-progress).
- Hunter in the Night attack speed increased from 45/55/65/75 to 45/60/75/90
- Darkness duration increased from 25/50/80 to 40/60/80
- Darkness now also affects the vision of buildings.
- Crippling Fear's miss chance increased from 40% to 50%.
- Hunter in the Night attack speed rescaled from 30/45/60/75 to 45/55/65/75.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Hunter in the Night
- Movement bonus rescaled from 15/20/30/35 to 20/25/30/35%.
- Attack speed bonus rescaled from 20/35/55/75 to 30/45/60/75.
- Rebalanced all Melee heroes between 100 and 128 range to be 128 range
- Night Stalker previously had 100 range.
- Base damage increased by 10.
- Crippling Fear's miss chance from 10/20/30/40% to 40%.
- Void now slows for 2 seconds during daytime.
- Added Nightstalker to Aghanim's Scepter. Gives unobstructed vision at night.
- Improved how the manacost scales on Crippling Fear.
- Nightstalker's Crippling Fear now has a minor effect during the day
- Improved Nightstalker cast animation time
- Lowered Darkness cooldown from 240/210/180 to 240/210/150
- Nightstalker strength improved
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Nightstalker's Base Attack Cooldown improved to 1.7 like most other heroes. Small armor boost as well.
Low Violence model