New Bloom Festival 2014
New Bloom Festival 2014 is an event that began on January 29th, 2014. It features numerous rewards, as well as a new game mode where players must battle Nian, the mighty Year Beast.
 Event Items
Two currencies were introduced for this event.
- Flamesalt Ingots are earned by playing public matchmaking games, and will be used to obtain in-game items later in the event game mode. Longer matches reward more currency.
- Jade Tokens are earned the same way, but requires players to have an active Fortune's Favor or Abundant Fortune's Favor booster. Players can also earn Jade Tokens by playing the event game mode. These tokens can be redeemed for the following rewards:
|1500|| Opens |
|1500|| Contains |
|250|| One, in Auspicious Quality|
|3000|| One, in Auspicious Quality|
OR in Auspicious Quality,
|500|| Used to craft |
|500|| Used to craft |
 Currency Boosters
Two boosters can be bought from the Dota 2 Store to increase the amount of Flamesalt Ingots and Jade Tokens earned. Players who own a booster will also grant all other players a smaller, stacking bonus drop rate. These boosters only increase currency earned after matchmaking games, not the event game mode.
|Booster||Drop rate bonus (self)||Drop rate bonus (others)||Duration|
In addition to currency, players also have a chance to receive a Crimson Parcel after playing matches.
 Game Mode
 Fighting the Year Beast
- The Year Beast is split into 3 parts. The Body, the Tail, and the Horn.
- The Tail, the Horn, and the Body all have separate HP values for which only the Body has very extreme health regeneration - the Tail and the Horn do not regenerate over time and are able to be destroyed. When one of these parts are destroyed, the Beast will tumble over for 10 seconds (needs verification), vulnerable to attack. The Beast will then stand up and continue fighting without its body part; the body part will revive after some time. Players should opt to use this time wisely to deal as much damage to the beast as possible or to resurrect fallen allies. Each time a body part is destroyed, that body part's maximum health pool will increase, becoming increasingly harder to destroy each time.
- The Horn has a very small hitbox.
- Players have 25 minutes to deal as much damage as possible to the Year Beast.
- As time passes, the Beast will move and attack faster and the amount of projectiles it casts during Roar increases. The Beast will cast Roar in its strongest form during the last 10 seconds before it flees.
- The Year Beast has True Sight.
- The Beast will NOT target invisible heroes such as Riki unless that hero gets within 1100 range of the Beast. Players should opt to abuse invisibility to revive fallen allies.
- The Year Beast will randomly drop Greater Salve and Greater Clarity potions when damaged.
- The Tail and Horn will grow back after 1 minute (needs verification).
- Dead players can buyback once per game with 1 gold.
- Dead players can be revived by an ally or Warlock's Chaotic Offering golem(s).
- The more players/golem(s) reviving an ally, the faster the revival.
- The game is over when all players are dead.
- Many nukes with an area-of-effect damage radius (such as Zeus' Arc Lightning or Pugna's Nether Blast) will do up to 3 times the normal damage, as there are 3 body parts in the Year Beast. This may make it viable for nuke-based heroes to be effective in DPS, despite their lack of scaling with gear.
- Abaddon's Borrowed Time must be manually activated since the Year Beast deals more than 400 damage per hit.
- Ancient Apparition's Ice Vortex slowing effect has no effect against the Year Beast.
- Lich’s Chain Frost can bounce between the Year Beast's body parts.
- Luna's Moon Glaive sometimes does not appear to hit all three parts, but will bounce at least once between the two closest body parts.
- Razor's Ultimate, Eye of the Storm, does not work against the Beast, but Static Link can be used against all 3 body parts.
- Ursa’s Fury Swipes have no effect against the Year Beast.
- Visage's familiars from Summon Familiars, Warlock's golems from Chaotic Offering, and other summoned units will not be targeted by the Year Beast.
- Wraith King’s Reincarnation does not work when battling the Year Beast.
- Wraith King’s Vampiric Aura has no effect against the Year Beast.
- Abilities that target Heroes only, like Witch Doctor's Death Ward, Skywrath Mage's Concussive Shot, or Tinker's Heat-Seeking Missile, will fail to do any effect, since the Year Beast is not considered a Hero.
- Players should focus their attacks on a body part depending on their damage type; Physical damage should be used on the Body as to deal more damage and for the Year Beast to drop Salves and Clarities and Magical damage should be used on the Horn or Tail, whichever has less health, as the damage will not be reduced by their high, innate Physical Resistance, leading to less potential damage being wasted as well as stunning the Year Beast more often.
- The projectiles during Roar has no effect on Warlock's golems. During this phase, position the golems as close to the Year Beast as possible to absorb projectiles in order to create a safe area for you and your allies. This is especially useful if you need to revive someone. Move the golems away from the Year Beast after the Roar phase so they will not be killed by a possible Tail Spin.
- Melee Heroes should opt to buy Crimson Guard to heavily reduce damage dealt by the Year Beast and for a great amount of Health Regeneration.
- Please note that Crimson Guard will NOT work with Heroes with ranged autoattacks and will not benefit from the damage reduction.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity may be used on yourself to negate the Year Beast's Waterballs and Charge, although Charge is the better instance to use it for as the Waterballs are easily dodged.
- Try to resurrect your teammates during a special phase of the Year Beast, such as during his Hurricane attack or his Charge attack when it is consuming an ally. It is not optimal to revive allies during the Normal Phase as it comes down to chance for if the Year Beast decides to Leap on you and interrupt you.
- If you are the last player standing and your allies do not have a Buyback, do NOT focus on reviving allies or dealing damage. Simply run away in a straight line, using Force Boots to make 90-degree turns and Eul's Scepter of Divinity for when the Year Beast decides to Charge you. Revive allies during his Hurricane phase, using items such as Force Boots or Blink Dagger to reach allies if the wind is pushing you away.
- If you stand right under the beast's body when the beast has aggro on you, his attacks will not hit you. This includes his claw swipes and his tail spin. However, his other spells like Hurricane, Roar and Waterballs will hit you, so dodge those once you see the animation start.
- Manta Style can be used to interrupt Beast's Charge, but only when used as the Beast catches up to you and tries grabbing you, therefore this requires precise timing.
- Using Force Boots during Hurricane stops you from being blown away.
 Ingot Tiers
In this game mode, players will have their Flamesalt Ingots converted into in-game gold, which can be used to purchase special items to assist players in fighting the Year Beast. During the Year Beast's second sighting, any unspent reliable gold will be lost.
- 1 Flamesalt Ingot = 40 Gold.
Players can select a matchmaking tier that determines the amount of Ingots that each player will spend and the reward they will earn. This feature was added from the Year Beast's second sighting onwards. Selecting tiers in Practice mode require no Ingots.
|Tier||Gold||Ingots Converted||Jade Tokens Rewarded|
Players will be assigned a ranking based on the amount of damage their team dealt to the Year Beast. Different rankings will grant different rewards. There are no rewards for Practice mode, but player still start out with varying amounts of golds depending on the tier selected.
This chart shows the maximum possible amount of Jade Tokens earned (100%) at each rank . During the Year Beast's second sighting, playing at different Ingot Tiers will only reward the corresponding percentage of maximum possible Jade Tokens.
Example: A team that achieves Rank A while playing at Ingot Tier 3 will earn: 2750 (Rank) * 40% (Tier) = 1100 Jade Tokens.
|Rank||Damage Needed||Jade Tokens
|Jade Tokens |
|Rank P||Practice Mode||0||0||0||0|
|Exclusive courier||Damage needed|
 In-game items
Unique items have been introduced for this game mode. Item details are available on their individual pages. Heart of Tarrasque and all items which give lifesteal are unavailable for purchase. Also, Divine Rapier was removed at the Year Beast's fourth sighting and onward.
|100||Deal 300 damage to the Year Beast, and causes it to take 5% more damage.|
|1000||Sets a mine that stuns and explodes for 3000 damage when the Year Beast moves into its proximity. A limit of 10 can be bought per game.|
|1500||Drop a ring of red flags that will stop the Year Beast from attacking. A limit of 5 can be bought per game.|
|3650||Pushes the caster 600 units in the direction it is facing.|
|5725||Has a 80% chance to block 30% of damage for melee heroes.|
|9750||Deal half the caster's max health as damage to itself, then, after 1.6 seconds, deals damage in an area around the caster, based on the difference between max and current health. Also grants bonuses based on amount of wearer's missing HP. Added for the Year Beast's fourth sighting.|
|8375||Reduce target's armor by 13 for 15 seconds.|
|275||Restore 1000 health over 10 seconds.|
|90||Restore 500 mana over 10 seconds.|
 Year Beast Sightings
- February 5th, 2014 at 8:00 PM (GMT) - Duration: 24 hours
- February 8th, 2014 at 12:00 AM (GMT) - Duration: 26 hours
- February 12th, 2014 at 12:00 AM (GMT) - Duration: 27 hours
- February 15th, 2014 at 12:00 AM (GMT) - Duration: 50 hours
- February 18th, 2014 at 10:00 PM (GMT) - Duration: 47 hours
| 1 specified item from |
plus 1 random item of Auspicious Quality
| 1 specified item from |
plus 1 random item of Auspicious Quality
 Item Offering
Players can place any unwanted cosmetic items into the Offering panel, and will a number of rewards depending on the items offered. Offerings will be collected a total of 2 times.
- Once an item is offered, you cannot retrieve it.
- Certain items cannot be offered.
Two gifts are available in exchange for offering items. Players who made greater offerings will receive multiple rewards.
| One, in Auspicious Quality|
 Unreleased/Removed Features
3 Year Beast Parts?
5 Year Beast Parts?
 External Links