From Dota 2 Wiki
|Places||Cathedral of Rumusque|
- Rotund'jere was a pope who served in the Cathedral of Rumusque, having been promoted to Cardinal rather swiftly, much to his surprise, by the death of his superiors, caused by the spreading plague in the area. 
- Instead of going with his fellow popes and other church members, Rotund'jere schemed to acquire wealth by tricking nobles and other unknowing civilians into giving him their wealth and valuables in exchange for spiritual rewards. Even after his transformation into the Necrophos, he appears to still be spreading false promises and preaches to areas he visits, sometimes receiving valuable physical items, or sometimes the very plagued people themselves, offering their lives to him to be reaped, possibly for either ease of transition through death, or salvation.
- Given his plagued but undying state, the Necrophos may actually be on the verge of being living and dead, being able to cross to and from either state using the souls of his victims.
- Rotund'jere has had a scythe made for him by a necromantic smith, created by hammering tortured souls both into form and obedience.
- Rotund'jere may have a preference for using tools made of direstone, as they are said to be lightweight and easy to counterbalance, ideal for creating scythes.
- Despite his withered appearance and rather dark personality, Rotund'jere claims to be always rather cheerful.
- He appears to have a rather strong affection towards Pudge
, always complimenting his work, even when he is an enemy, showing pleasure when the two of them are on the same team, and just being unable to hate him regardless..
- On the other hand, he appears to have a very strong disdain towards Omniknight
, claiming him to be "too clean".
- He seems to call himself via multiple titles, being the "Necrophos", the "Plague Mage", the "Pope of Pestilence", and the "Dark Rot".
Friendships and rivalries[edit | edit source]
Allies meeting Necrophos
- Play Play Ugh! Cover your mouth when you cough, Necrophos. You disgust me.
- Play Play Don't steal my kills and we'll get along just fine.
- Play Play Much is owed to the Necrolyte.
Enemies killing Necrophos
- Play Back you go, into the miasmal fog.
- Play Magic is an abomination.
- Play Sorry, my hoss here thought your name was Nectar-Lyte. Ha ha ha.
- Play Necrolyte, could it be you love death more than I do?*
- Play What's wrong with a little Necrolyte-ophilia?
- Play I will speak ill of the dead.
- Play Sick to death of you.
- Play An ounce of invention, a pound of cure.
- Play Plague purged by flame.
- Play Play Never trust the dead.
- Play Play You're done preying on the weak Necrophos!
- Play Play Going up against me, Necrophos? Huh, that's just masochistic.
- Play Necrolyte, you're all washed up!
- Play Your spells are but rot to me.
- Play Play Play Necrophos, your disease has run its course.
- Play Your flesh corrupted.
- Play New at this, Necrolyte?.
- Play More like Necrolightweight.
References[edit | edit source]
- Necrophos biography.
- Necrophos biography.
- Scythe of Twin Deaths description.
- Soul Reaper description.
- Ghost Shroud description.
- Lament of the Slain desciption.
- Direstone Liferipper description.
- Necrophos response: Play What do you mean "cheer up"? I'm quite cheerful.
- Necrophos response: Play I like your work, Pudge.
- Necrophos response: Play What a pleasure to be on your team, Pudge.
- Necrophos response: Play Oh Pudge, I just can't hate you.
- Necrophos response: Play Omniknight, you're just too clean.
- Necrophos spawn responses.