|Considered the holy grail of necromancy and demonology, a powerful malefic force is locked within its pages.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +8/12/16 Strength|
The recipe can be purchased multiple times in order to upgrade it.
 Additional Information
The Necronomicon recipe can be purchased up to 3 times in order to increase its power. Each time it's upgraded, the strength and intelligence bonuses increase, as well as the level of the summoned units.
The total gold cost for each level is 2700/3950/5200.
Necro units cannot be dominated or transmuted but can be taken by Enchant or Holy Persuasion.
 Necronomicon Warrior
 Necronomicon Archer
 Recommended heroes
- Heroes whose default item build includes Necronomicon as a situational item: Bane, Beastmaster, Chen, Disruptor, Io, Jakiro, Keeper of the Light, Lycan, Nature's Prophet, Nyx Assassin, Queen of Pain, Shadow Demon, Shadow Shaman, Treant Protector, Undying … further results.
This item is based on the Necronomicon, a fictional grimoire created by horror author H. P. Lovecraft. The summoning ability of the item is similar to the original book's role in summoning the ancient cosmic Old Ones in Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.
 Balance changelog
- Necronomicon units bounty increased from 100/125/150 to 100/150/200
- Necronomicon units armor reduced from 6/8/10 to 4
- Necronomicon cooldown increased from 80 to 95
- Night vision reduced from 1300/1400/1500 to 800.
- Gold bounty increased from 100 to 100/125/150 (per unit).
- Summoned units duration increased from 35 to 40.
- Hand of Midas' Transmute no longer works against Necronomicon units.
- Helm of the Dominator's Dominate can no longer control Necronomicon units.
- Warrior and Archer armor type changed from Heavy to Hero.
- Archer's Mana burn cast range increased from 250 to 600.
- Archer's attack damage increased from 31/61/91 to 40/80/120.
- Warrior's attack damage increased from 21/41/61 to 25/50/75.
- Cooldown reduced from 90 to 80.
- Warrior's Last Will damage rescaled from 200/400/600 to 400/500/600.
- Archer's aura AoE increased to standard aura sizes (900).
- Bonus strength increased from 6/10/14 to 8/12/16.
- Manaburn cooldown reduced to 20 seconds.