|Considered the ultimate in necromancy and demonology, a powerful malefic force is locked within its pages.|
- Upgrading the item improves its stats and strengthens the summons from Demonic Summoning. Can be upgraded twice.
- The total gold cost for each level is 2650/3850/5050.
- One Necronomicon grants the following on each level:
- Level 1: 160 health, 0.48 health regeneration, 165 mana, 0.6 mana regeneration and 1.07% spell damage (and 8 attack damage to strength heroes, or 15 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Level 2: 240 health, 0.72 health regeneration, 231 mana, 0.84 mana regeneration and 1.5% spell damage (and 12 attack damage to strength heroes, or 21 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Level 3: 320 health, 0.48 health regeneration, 288 mana, 0.96 mana regeneration and 1.6% spell damage (and 16 attack damage to strength heroes, or 24 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- The summons always spawn in front of the caster.
- All 3 levels of Necronomicon share cooldown.
- Recasting this with the same Necronomicon replaces the summons from the previous cast, no matter under whose control they are.
- However, recasting it with a second Necronomicon (or the same with a different level) creates two new summons.
- The damage is directly added to the warrior's attack damage.
- Deals up to 12/18/24 damage per hit (before reductions).
- The damage is directly added to the warrior's attack damage, so it can lifesteal off of it. However, it still cannot crit or cleave.
- Applies the mana loss first, and then the damage.
- Available for level 3 Necronomicon Warriors only.
- The True Sight is provided within the whole area, regardless of the warrior's actual vision. It is fully unobstructed.
- The True Sight is provided by an aura which affects enemies. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Applies the damage first, and then the mana loss.
- Can be cast on units without mana with no effect, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Despite the visual effects, the mana burn and damage are applied instantly.
- Fully stacks with other sources of movement and attack speed, except for other Archer Auras.
- The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Necronomicon as a core item: Arc Warden.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Necronomicon as a situational item: Beastmaster, Treant Protector, Abaddon, Invoker, Io, Lycan, Shadow Demon, Shadow Shaman, Queen of Pain, Techies, Nature's Prophet, Underlord, Undying.
- The Necronomicons can easily feed the enemy, so make sure to use them carefully.
- Necronomicon is a good pick against an enemy with a Blade Mail because they take their own damage back and the Necronomicon Warrior returns 800 damage if it dies.
- Necronomicon is a good pick against an enemy with invisibility because when upgraded to maximum level, it can give True Sight over them.
- Necronomicon is good against mana-dependent heroes.
- You can use the Necronomicons to tank and destroy towers safely, but be careful not to feed enemy heroes with them.
- The Archer's Mana Burn ability is a spammable spell you can use against a Linken's Sphere.
- Solar Crest's active to reduce the armor of your enemy by 12 and apply 25% blind. You can also get a Desolator.
- Assault Cuirass: for the attack speed aura, as the Necronomicons have one of the lowest base attack times in the game so they benefit from it a lot. In addition, the armor aura doubles their physical damage resistance and it reduces the armor of enemies around.
- Rod of Atos, Diffusal Blade's Purge or Scythe of Vyse's Hex for the movement slow, allowing the Necronomicons to hit more often and burn more mana. Situationally, you can also get an Eye of Skadi or Shiva's Guard to slow them.
- Orchid Malevolence: will silence your enemy while you are burning his mana.
- Vladmir's Offering: gives lifesteal, 4 bonus armor and 15% bonus damage.
- Guardian Greaves or Mekansm to heal your Necronomicons, allies and yourself.
- Bloodthorn: for the critical strike, True Strike and the silence applied on your target making it unable to use his abilities while burning down his remaining mana.
- Octarine Core: allows casting the Necronomicons more often, making sure to have them in every fight.
- Boots of Travel: you can teleport directly to your Necronomicons on the map but you can also invoke them near a creep wave to split push.
- This item is based on the Necronomicon, a fictional grimoire created by horror author H. P. Lovecraft. The summoning ability of the item is similar to the original book's role in summoning the ancient cosmic Old Ones in Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.
Taking damage from Last Will