|Considered the ultimate in necromancy and demonology, a powerful malefic force is locked within its pages.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Upgrading the item improves its stats and strengthens the summons from Demonic Summoning. Can be upgraded twice.
- The total gold cost for each level is 2650/3850/5050.
- One Necronomicon grants the following on each level:
- Level 1: 160 health, 0.24 health regeneration, 180 mana, 0.6 mana regeneration and 0.9375% spell damage (and 8 attack damage to strength heroes, or 15 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Level 2: 240 health, 0.36 health regeneration, 252 mana, 0.84 mana regeneration and 1.3125% spell damage (and 12 attack damage to strength heroes, or 21 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Level 3: 320 health, 0.48 health regeneration, 288 mana, 0.96 mana regeneration and 1.5% spell damage (and 16 attack damage to strength heroes, or 24 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- The summons always spawn in front of the caster.
- All 3 levels of Necronomicon share cooldown.
- Recasting this with the same Necronomicon replaces the summons from the previous cast, no matter under whose control they are.
- However, recasting it with a second Necronomicon (or the same with a different level) creates two new summons.
Summons[edit | edit source]
Necronomicon Warrior[edit | edit source]
- The damage is directly added to the warrior's attack damage.
- Deals up to 15/30/45 damage per hit (before reductions).
- The damage is directly added to the warrior's attack damage, so it can lifesteal off of it. However, it still cannot crit or cleave.
- Applies the mana loss first, and then the damage.
- Available for level 3 Necronomicon Warriors only.
- The True Sight is provided within the whole area, regardless of the warrior's actual vision. It is fully unobstructed.
- The True Sight is provided by an aura which affects enemies. Its effect lingers for 0.5 seconds.
Necronomicon Archer[edit | edit source]
- Applies the damage first, and then the mana loss.
- Can be cast on units without mana with no effect, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Despite the visual effects, the mana burn and damage are applied instantly.
- Fully stacks with other sources of movement and attack speed, except for other Archer Auras.
- The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Necronomicon as a core item: Arc Warden
- Heroes whose default item build includes Necronomicon as a situational item: Beastmaster, Treant Protector, Abaddon, Invoker, Io, Lycan, Shadow Demon, Shadow Shaman, Queen of Pain, Techies, Nature's Prophet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is based on the Necronomicon, a fictional grimoire created by horror author H. P. Lovecraft. The summoning ability of the item is similar to the original book's role in summoning the ancient cosmic Old Ones in Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Taking damage from Last Will