|Considered the holy grail of necromancy and demonology, a powerful malefic force is locked within its pages.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +8/12/16 Strength|
The recipe can be purchased multiple times in order to upgrade it.
 Additional Information
The Necronomicon recipe can be purchased up to 3 times in order to increase its power. Each time it's upgraded, the strength and intelligence bonuses increase, as well as the level of the summoned units.
The total gold cost for each level is 2700/3950/5200.
Necro units cannot be dominated or transmuted but can be taken by Enchant or Holy Persuasion.
 Necronomicon Warrior
 Necronomicon Archer
 Recommended heroes
- Heroes whose default item build includes Necronomicon as a situational item: Bane, Chen, Disruptor, Io, Keeper of the Light, Lycan, Nature's Prophet, Queen of Pain, Warlock.
This item is based on the Necronomicon, a fictional grimoire created by horror author H. P. Lovecraft. The summoning ability of the item is similar to the original book's role in summoning the ancient cosmic Old Ones in Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.
 Balance changelog
- Necronomicon Warrior's movement speed rescaled from 330/360/390 to 350.
- Necronomicon units XP bounty increased from 59 to 100/150/200.
- Necronomicon units bounty increased from 100/125/150 to 100/150/200
- Necronomicon units armor reduced from 6/8/10 to 4
- Necronomicon cooldown increased from 80 to 95
- Night vision reduced from 1300/1400/1500 to 800.
- Gold bounty increased from 100 to 100/125/150 (per unit).
- Summoned units duration increased from 35 to 40.
- Hand of Midas' Transmute no longer works against Necronomicon units.
- Helm of the Dominator's Dominate can no longer control Necronomicon units.
- Warrior and Archer armor type changed from Heavy to Hero.
- Archer's Mana burn cast range increased from 250 to 600.
- Archer's attack damage increased from 31/61/91 to 40/80/120.
- Warrior's attack damage increased from 21/41/61 to 25/50/75.
- Cooldown reduced from 90 to 80.
- Warrior's Last Will damage rescaled from 200/400/600 to 400/500/600.
- Archer's aura AoE increased to standard aura sizes (900).
- Bonus strength increased from 6/10/14 to 8/12/16.
- Manaburn cooldown reduced to 20 seconds.
- Base attack time improved on Necronomicon Warriors from 1.0 to 0.75
- Summoned units are now able to attack Ancients
- Recipe cost reduced by 50 gold
- Necronomicon icon now changes per level
- Lowered mana burn a bit
- Decreased mana burn casting range from 500 to 250, and removed spell immunity from lvl 3.
- Spell reduction from 33/33/100% to 40/40/40%.
- Necronomicon cooldown from 70 to 90 seconds
- Necronomicon summons are no longer able to attack ancients
- If you cast necro and already own them on the field, the old ones get removed. (i.e. no necro refresher, adapt, grow, etc)
- Necronomicon summons now give 100 gold on death (instead of 60)
- Necro aura from 4/8/12 to 3/6/9
- Mana Burn on necronomicon moved to the other unit
- Necronomicon recipe price increased by 50.
- Increased cost of necronomicon, it has slightly more str
- Reworked how Necronomicon levels, some buffs and some nerfs.
- Various Item Tweaks: Maelstrom, Necronomicon, Mask of madness, Ring of Basilius.
- Necronomicon recipe price increased by 100
- Improved necronomicon and its abilities as it levels
- Reduced necronomicon recipe from 1100 to 800
- Cannot use Pacifism on Ancients and Necronomicon units can now hit air units
- Made last level in necronomicon have castable pacisfism and buffed durations from 2->3 seconds, 4 seconds last lvl
- Major revamp to necronomicon
- Necronomicon cooldown decreased by 5 seconds all levels.
- Necronomicon 1st upgrade: extra 3 int/str stronger creeps
- Necronomicon 2st upgrade: extra 3 int/str even stronger creeps
- Major changes to necronomicon. Now upgradable.
- Cannot drop necronomicon