19 + 1.8
18 + 1.9
21 + 2.9
Nature's Prophet is a ranged Intelligence hero, whose play style is different from most Intelligence heroes, because he can be almost anywhere at any given time with his Teleportation. This ability allows him to participate in most ganks and pushes at a moment's notice. With Sprout, he creates a ring of trees, trapping anyone within them in place, serving to disable anyone caught within them. The trees around him serve as his objects of power; using them, he summons sentient tree beings known as Treants from trees on the map with his Nature's Call ability. Wrath of Nature is the main and only directly damaging spell in his arsenal, but it can potentially be very powerful, as it can inflict increased damage with each bounce off subsequent enemies and can clear out multiple creep waves with its moderate cooldown and mana cost. Commonly played as a ganker, offlaner and jungler and known as a strong pusher, Nature's Prophet has superb farming capabilities and global presence, giving him the power to be anywhere on the map and aid his allies in need.
| Nature's Prophet
| Play "I woke within the seed and saw my destiny, and many were its branches."
|| Jungler / Pusher / Carry / Escape
|| When Verodicia, Goddess of the Woods, had finished filling in the green places, having planted the coiled-up spirit in the seed, having lured the twining waters from deep within the rock, having sworn the sun its full attention to the growing things, she realized that her own time had reached its end, and like one of the leaves whose fate she had imprinted in the seed, she would fall without seeing the fruiting of her dream. It pained her to leave the world bereft, for the sprouts had not yet broken through the soil--and they would be tender and vulnerable to every sort of harm. She found in her seed pouch one last seed that she had missed in the sowing. She spoke a single word into the seed and swallowed it as she fell. Her vast body decomposed throughout the long winter, becoming the humus that would feed the seedlings in the spring. And on the morning of the vernal equinox, before the rest of the forest had begun to wake, that last seed ripened and burst in an instant. From it stepped Nature's Prophet, in full leaf, strong and wise, possessing Verodicia's power to foresee where he would be needed most in defense of the green places--and any who might be fortunate enough to call him an ally.
|| Eric Newsome (Responses)
|| 60 seconds
| Hit Points
| Health Regen
| Movement Speed
| Collision size
| Attack Range
| Attack Duration
| Base Attack Time
- Destroys all trees in the target area, regardless of how many treants are created.
- Treants always spawn at the center of the area.
- When targeting an area without trees, the visual effects will play but nothing else will happen, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Tangos can provide some health regeneration for Nature's Prophet in the early game if required.
- Clarities can help keep Nature's Prophet's mana high so he can continually use his spells, some of which have a very high mana cost in the early game.
- Ring of Protection can provide Nature's Prophet with some armor, and builds into Ring of Basilius.
- Boots of Speed provide Nature's Prophet with a boost to his movement speed. These also increase ganking potential and the effectiveness of 'refueling' at your team's fountain.
- Ring of Basilius provides Nature's Prophet with mana regeneration and an armor aura, which can increase the survivability of his Treants and lane creeps.
- Power Treads provide Nature's Prophet with a boost to his attributes and an additional 30 attack speed, which are both very useful.
- Scythe of Vyse massively increases the ganking power of Nature's Prophet by giving him a Hex ability. It also provides a large increase to his primary attribute, intelligence, which gives him ample amounts of raw damage and mana.
- Hand of Midas provides Nature's Prophet with a periodic boost of experience and reliable gold, and also provides 30 additional attack speed.
- Aghanim's Scepter improves Wrath of Nature's damage and number of bounces, giving more pushing power and global presence.
- Orchid Malevolence provides Nature's Prophet with a silence which increases damage towards the silenced enemy hero. It also provides a boost to speed and additional damage in the form of intelligence.
- Mjollnir adds bonus attack speed and damage, when activated, the item procs damage
- Desolator reduces the armor of enemy heroes, creeps and buildings, allowing for more overall damage being done to affected units.
- Necronomicon provides Nature's Prophet with additional pushing power and additional damage to enemy heroes when ganking. At level 3, the Necronomicon will also provide True Sight for invisible heroes, further increasing Nature's Prophet's ganking power.
- Daedalus provides Nature's Prophet with a critical strike, allowing him to deal more damage to enemy creeps and heroes. The overall damage boost from Daedalus will also affect towers, but the critical strike will not.
- Dagon gives Nature's Prophet an advantage in killing fleeing enemy heroes with low hp.
- Map awareness is especially important with Nature's Prophet. It's best to be constantly looking around the map for opportunities. Since Teleportation allows Nature's Prophet to teleport to any point on the map, he can effectively assist in ganks, or in the killing of the enemy courier. The same applies to helping allies who are in need of assistance, teleporting to an ally who is being ganked can be extremely helpful.
- Sprouting an enemy hero and using Nature's Call will surround the target in Treants; this can be more effective offensively than simply leaving the sprouted trees for their short duration.
- Bizarrely for an Intelligence hero, the vast majority of Nature's Prophet's damage comes from his right-click attack. It can be advisable to focus on improving attack speed and damage amplification.
- Wrath of Nature deals more and more damage as it cuts a swath through enemy units. With each unit passed and hit, the damage increases - Try to send it through as many creeps as you can before it strikes a Hero. This generally works by targeting the spell to the Top Lane if you want maximum damage dealt to the Bottom Lane and vice versa.
- Although risky and somewhat costly early game, Teleport can be used to "snipe" and possibly kill the enemies courier to give them an early disadvantage. Grab a Town Portal Scroll and some Observer Wards at the start of the game and teleport right outside the enemies fountain. Next, set down a ward, and use the scroll to head back to base/lane. You can now see whenever the enemies courier leaves the base, and determine which lane it is headed to.
- During the transition from the original DotA to Dota 2, one of Prophet's abilities, Call of Nature, was renamed to Nature's Call.
- A fun/silly name for Nature's Prophet is Nature's Profit, due to his farming and splitpushing playstyle.
- Nature's Prophet original name was Furion, a reference to Malfurion Stormrage from the Warcraft universe. His Dota 2 name had to be changed in order to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard. He is still called Furion by the majority of the player base and is referred to as "Furion" in the game files.
- As well, in DotA, his lore revealed him to be the father of Anti-Mage, and Terrorblade. This has since been changed in Dota 2, as the two heroes' lores were also modified.
- He briefly had the name "Tequoia" in Dota 2, but was then removed for unspecified reasons.
- Prophet's spawning response, Play "I speak for the trees." is a direct reference and homage to Dr. Seuss's The Lorax.
- One of Prophet's last hitting responses, Play "Green is good.", is reference to "greed is good," a quote from the 1987 film Wall Street, and the Warcraft III cheat code of the same name.
January 27, 2015 Patch
June 14, 2013 Patch
June 11, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Sprout destroying other trees around it.
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed a bug where if Nature's Prophet cast Sprout on Lycan in wolf form while he was running, Lycan could run through the trees and escape the sprout.
March 08, 2012 Patch
- Fixed temporary trees (like Sprout) not respecting the pause.
March 01, 2012 Patch
- Charge of Darkness and Wrath of Nature no longer alert the target to attack the caster if the target is far away.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Double clicking Teleportation will cast it at the fountain.
January 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed not being able to see the teleportation end point if it is in FoW.
- [Undocumented] Added "Injured" walk animations for Ursa, Nature's Prophet, Juggernaut and Tiny.
December 16, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Treants spawning the maximum amount regardless of the number of trees present.
November 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the spawn location of the Treants in Nature's Call.
- Added more movement lines for Dazzle, Dark Seer, Dragon Knight, Furion, Huskar, Riki, Skeleton King, Slardar, Spectre, and Jakiro.
October 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Sprout's interaction with Linken Sphere.
- Fixed Sprout's position when targeting a moving unit.
- Fixed Nature Prophet's Teleport effect not drawing properly in some cases.
August 06, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Dota 1 hotkeys.
- Now talks to spectators when picked.
- Fixed Scepter not working.
August 05, 2011 Patch
- Fixed furions eyes looking busted.
August 02, 2011 Patch
- Sphere will now block Wrath of Nature's damage.
- Fixed Wrath of Nature's damage increase to be multiplicative, not additive.
June 17, 2011 Patch
- Made Furion's Teleport, Blink Dagger, Antimage's Blink, and Queen of Pain's Blink not allow target locations that have never been FoW revealed.
May 20, 2011 Patch
- Furion's tree now obstruct vision for the enemy team.
April 20, 2011 Patch
April 14, 2011 Patch
- Movement speed decreased from 300 to 295.
- Nature's Call's Treants' magic resistance decreased from 33% to 20%.
- Base strength increased by 2.
- Wrath of Nature bounce count improved from 12/14/16 (14/16/18 w/Scepter) to 16 (18/Scepter).
- Sprout can now target the ground again.
- Improved base attack damage by 6.
- Wrath of Nature can now be cast through the minimap and it will select the closest unit as the initial target .
- Sprout code improved to reduce the chances of heroes sometimes popping out of it.
- Nature's Call Treants can now attack air units.
- Wrath of Nature ( Aghanim's Scepter version) max chain increased from 12/14/16 to 14/16/18.
- Sprout targeting change from 6.67 removed.
- Teleportation now has a tp scroll style indicator displayed for your allies.
- Agility increased from 15 + 1.5 to 18 + 1.9.
- Sprout can now be cast at a target point.
- Lowered Sprout cooldown from 11 seconds to 11/10/9/8 seconds and manacost from 115/140/165/205 to 100/120/140/160.
- Sprout can now be directly cast on yourself.
- Furion's Teleportation now creates the same casting effect on the target location.
- Sprout duration decreased from 3/4/5/6 to 3/3.75/4.5/5.25
- Furion movespeed buffed from 280 to 295
- Force of Nature (furion treants) cooldown increased from 30 to 37.
- ↑ http://www.wowpedia.org/Furion