Nature's Prophet is a ranged Intelligence hero, whose play style is different from most Intelligence heroes, because he can be almost anywhere at any given time with his Teleportation. This ability allows him to participate in most ganks and pushes at a moment's notice. With Sprout, he creates a ring of trees, trapping anyone within them in place, serving to disable anyone caught within them. The trees around him serve as his objects of power; using them, he summons sentient tree beings known as Treants from trees on the map with his Nature's Call ability. Wrath of Nature is the main and only directly damaging spell in his arsenal, but it can potentially be very powerful, as it can inflict increased damage with each bounce off subsequent enemies and can clear out multiple creep waves with its moderate cooldown and mana cost. Commonly played as a ganker, offlaner and jungler and known as a strong pusher, Nature's Prophet has superb farming capabilities and global presence, giving him the power to be anywhere on the map and aid his allies in need.
- Map awareness is especially important with Nature's Prophet. It's best to be constantly looking around the map for opportunities. Since Teleportation allows Nature's Prophet to teleport to any point on the map, he can effectively assist in ganks, or in the killing of the enemy courier. The same applies to helping allies who are in need of assistance, teleporting to an ally who is being ganked can be extremely helpful.
- Sprouting an enemy hero and using Nature's Call will surround the target in Treants; this can be more effective offensively than simply leaving the sprouted trees for their short duration.
- Bizarrely for an Intelligence hero, the vast majority of Nature's Prophet's damage comes from his right-click attack. It can be advisable to focus on improving attack speed and damage amplification.
- Wrath of Nature deals more and more damage as it cuts a swath through enemy units. With each unit passed and hit, the damage increases - Try to send it through as many creeps as you can before it strikes a Hero. This generally works by targeting the spell to the Top Lane if you want maximum damage dealt to the Bottom Lane and vice versa.
- Although risky and somewhat costly early game, Teleport can be used to "snipe" and possibly kill the enemies courier to give them an early disadvantage. Grab a Town Portal Scroll and some Observer Wards at the start of the game and teleport right outside the enemies fountain. Next, set down a ward, and use the scroll to head back to base/lane. You can now see whenever the enemies courier leaves the base, and determine which lane it is headed to.
- During the transition from the original DotA to Dota 2, one of Prophet's abilities, Call of Nature, was renamed to Nature's Call.
- A fun/silly name for Nature's Prophet is Nature's Profit, due to his farming and splitpushing playstyle.
- Nature's Prophet original name was Furion, a reference to Malfurion Stormrage from the Warcraft universe. His Dota 2 name had to be changed in order to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard. He is still called Furion by the majority of the player base and is referred to as "Furion" in the game files.
- Prophet's spawning response, Play "I speak for the trees." is a direct reference and homage to Dr. Seuss's The Lorax.
- One of Prophet's last hitting responses, Play "Green is good.", is reference to "greed is good," a quote from the 1987 film Wall Street, and the Warcraft III cheat code of the same name.
- Fixed being able to use Teleportation while rooted.
- Fixed Sprout destroying other trees around it.
- Fixed a bug where if Nature's Prophet cast Sprout on Lycan in wolf form while he was running, Lycan could run through the trees and escape the sprout.
- Fixed temporary trees (like Sprout) not respecting the pause.
- Charge of Darkness and Wrath of Nature no longer alert the target to attack the caster if the target is far away.
- Double clicking Teleportation will cast it at the fountain.
- Fixed not being able to see the teleportation end point if it is in FoW.
- [Undocumented] Added "Injured" walk animations for Ursa, Nature's Prophet, Juggernaut and Tiny.
- Fixed Treants spawning the maximum amount regardless of the number of trees present.
- Fixed the spawn location of the Treants in Nature's Call.
- Added more movement lines for Dazzle, Dark Seer, Dragon Knight, Furion, Huskar, Riki, Skeleton King, Slardar, Spectre, and Jakiro.
- Fixed Sprout's interaction with Linken Sphere.
- Fixed Sprout's position when targeting a moving unit.
- Fixed Nature Prophet's Teleport effect not drawing properly in some cases.
- Fixed Dota 1 hotkeys.
- Now talks to spectators when picked.
- Fixed Scepter not working.
- Fixed furions eyes looking busted.
- Sphere will now block Wrath of Nature's damage.
- Fixed Wrath of Nature's damage increase to be multiplicative, not additive.
- Made Furion's Teleport, Blink Dagger, Antimage's Blink, and Queen of Pain's Blink not allow target locations that have never been FoW revealed.
- Furion's tree now obstruct vision for the enemy team.
- New Hero: Furion.
- New Hero: Furion.
- Nature's Call Treant magic resistance reduced from 20% to 0%
- Wrath of Nature manacost increased from 150/200/250 to 175/225/275.
- Nature's Call's Treants' Gold Bounty increased from 12-16 to 14-20.
- Nature's Call's Treants' XP Bounty increased from 20 to 30.
- Movement speed decreased from 300 to 295.
- Nature's Call's Treants' magic resistance decreased from 33% to 20%.
- Wrath of Nature manacost increased from 150/175/200 to 150/200/250.
- Teleportation manacost no longer decreases per level (constant 50).
- Wrath of Nature cooldown rescaled from 90/60/60 to 90/75/60.
- Base strength increased by 2.
- Wrath of Nature bounce count improved from 12/14/16 (14/16/18 w/Scepter) to 16 (18/Scepter).
- Sprout can now target the ground again.
- Improved base attack damage by 6.
- Wrath of Nature can now be cast through the minimap and it will select the closest unit as the initial target .
- Sprout code improved to reduce the chances of heroes sometimes popping out of it.
- Nature's Call Treants can now attack air units.
- Wrath of Nature ( Aghanim's Scepter version) max chain increased from 12/14/16 to 14/16/18.
- Sprout targeting change from 6.67 removed.
- Teleportation now has a tp scroll style indicator displayed for your allies.
- Agility increased from 15 + 1.5 to 18 + 1.9.
- Sprout can now be cast at a target point.
- Nature's Call's Treants now have 33% spell resistance.
- Teleportation cooldown from 60/50/40/30 to 50/40/30/20.
- Wrath of Nature now has a global cast range.
- Lowered Sprout cooldown from 11 seconds to 11/10/9/8 seconds and manacost from 115/140/165/205 to 100/120/140/160.
- Decreased Wrath of Nature manacost from 200/380/610 to 150/175/200.
- Sprout can now be directly cast on yourself.
- Furion's Teleportation now creates the same casting effect on the target location.
- Sprout duration decreased from 3/4/5/6 to 3/3.75/4.5/5.25
- Furion movespeed buffed from 280 to 295
- Force of Nature (furion treants) cooldown increased from 30 to 37.