Nature's Prophet is a ranged Intelligence hero, whose play style is removed from most Intelligence heroes, because he can be almost anywhere at any given time with his Teleportation. This ability allows him participate in most ganks and pushes at a moment's notice. With Sprout, he creates a ring of trees, trapping anyone within them in place, serving to disable anyone caught within them. The trees around him serve as his objects of power; using them, he summons sentient tree beings known as Treants from trees on the map with his Nature's Call ability. Wrath of Nature is his main and only directly damaging spell in his arsenal, but it can potentially be very powerful, as it can inflict increased damage with each bounce off subsequent enemies and can clear out multiple creep waves with its moderate cooldown and mana cost. Commonly played as a ganker, offlaner and jungler and known as a strong pusher, Nature's Prophet has superb farming capabilities and global presence, giving him the power to be anywhere on the map and aid his allies in need.
 Recommended items
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: Please refer to the style guide.
- Tango and Clarity help keep Nature's Prophet's health and mana high so he can teleport and help with ganks around the map
- Ring of Protection gives some early game armor, and builds into Ring of Basilius
- Boots of Speed gives always needed movement speed.
- Ring of Basilius gives a mana regeneration and armor aura, which increases the durability of his Treants.
- Aghanim's Scepter improves Wrath of Nature's damage and number of bounces, giving more pushing power and global presence.
- Desolator shreds the armor of towers, letting the Treants tear them down easily.
- Daedalus Works with Prophet's role as a carry with its extremely high damage boost and critical strike
- Assault Cuirass shreds the armor of buildings, and is a very strong aura, which helps pushing even more in that the treants will also benefit from the attack speed aura.
- Orchid Malevolence gives the strong Soulburn-silence ability.
- Ethereal Blade saves you and one teammate from autoattacks.
- Shadow Blade is very popular at the moment and helps you escaping when you splitpush , but it's not needed most of the time because sprouting yourself alowing you to teleport away most of the time due to the sight block, but when there are heroes like Skywrath Mage or heroes who blink into the sprout, cancelling that precious sight block, or heroes who remove trees (Also note Quelling Blade , you can make use of it.
- Map awareness is especially important with Nature's Prophet. Always be on the lookout for opportunities to gank and push, or kill a low-HP fleeing enemy Hero.
- Teleportation can be canceled intentionally to trick your opponents.
- Teleportation can be used to kill the enemy courier just as well as weakened heroes - if the courier's location is known (perhaps from Clockwerk's Rocket Flare or a chance sighting), it may be a good idea to warp ahead and kill it before it can return to base.
- Sprouting an enemy hero and using Nature's Call will surround your enemy in Treants; this is often far more effective offensively than simply leaving the trees for their short duration.
- Bizarrely for an Intelligence hero, the vast majority of Furion's damage comes from his right-click attack. Focus heavily on augmentation of its damage and speed.
- Sprout can be used on towers to block their vision and momentarily halt their fire. Consider casting it during tower dives or ranged pushes, if there's no better uses for it.
- Wrath of Nature deals more and more damage as it cuts a swath through enemy units. With each unit passed and hit, the damage increases - Try to send it through as many creeps as you can before it strikes a Hero. This generally works by targeting the spell to the Top Lane if you want maximum damage dealt to the Bottom Lane and vice versa.
- Make sure to always look out for your team mates. Help them when they are in trouble and assist them when they are trying to get a kill. This is often much more important than farming. Nature's Prophet has global potential - use it.
- During the transition from the original DotA to Dota 2, one of Prophet's skills, Call of Nature, was renamed Nature's Call.
- In the original DotA's lore, he was the father of the twin Magina (the Antimage) and Terrorblade (the Soul Keeper).
- Nature's Prophet original name was Furion, a reference to Malfurion Stormrage from the Warcraft universe.  His Dota 2 name had to be changed in order to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard. He is still called Furion by the majority of the player base and is referred to as "Furion" in the game files.
- He briefly had the name "Tequoia" in Dota 2, but was then removed for unspecified reasons.
- One of Nature's Prophet spawning responses "I speak for the trees" is a direct reference and homage to Dr. Seuss's The Lorax.
- One of Prophet's last hit responses "green is good" is a reference to "greed is good," a quote from the 1987 film Wall Street.
- "greedisgood" was also a cheat code in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos which gave the player extra resources.
 Update history
- Fixed being able to use Teleportation while rooted.
- Fixed Sprout destroying other trees around it.
- Fixed a bug where if Nature's Prophet cast Sprout on Lycan in wolf form while he was running, Lycan could run through the trees and escape the sprout.
- Fixed temporary trees (like Sprout) not respecting the pause.
- Charge of Darkness and Wrath of Nature no longer alert the target to attack the caster if the target is far away.
- Double clicking Teleportation will cast it at the fountain.
- Fixed not being able to see the teleportation end point if it is in FoW.
- [Undocumented] Added "Injured" walk animations for Ursa, Nature's Prophet, Juggernaut and Tiny.
- Fixed Treants spawning the maximum amount regardless of the number of trees present.
- Fixed the spawn location of the Treants in Nature's Call.
- Added more movement lines for Dazzle, Dark Seer, Dragon Knight, Furion, Huskar, Riki, Skeleton King, Slardar, Spectre, and Jakiro.
- Fixed Sprout's interaction with Linken Sphere.
- Fixed Sprout's position when targeting a moving unit.
- Fixed Nature Prophet's Teleport effect not drawing properly in some cases.
- Fixed Dota 1 hotkeys.
- Now talks to spectators when picked.
- Fixed Scepter not working.
- Fixed furions eyes looking busted.
- Sphere will now block Wrath of Nature's damage.
- Fixed Wrath of Nature's damage increase to be multiplicative, not additive.
- Made Furion's Teleport, Blink Dagger, Antimage's Blink, and Queen of Pain's Blink not allow target locations that have never been FoW revealed.
- Furion's tree now obstruct vision for the enemy team.
- New Hero: Furion.
- New Hero: Furion.
 Balance changelog
- Nature's Call's Treants' Gold Bounty increased from 12-16 to 14-20.
- Nature's Call's Treants' XP Bounty increased from 20 to 30.
- Movement speed decreased from 300 to 295.
- Nature's Call's Treants' magic resistance decreased from 33% to 20%.
- Wrath of Nature manacost increased from 150/175/200 to 150/200/250.
- Teleportation manacost no longer decreases per level (constant 50).
- Wrath of Nature cooldown rescaled from 90/60/60 to 90/75/60.
- Base strength increased by 2.
- Wrath of Nature bounce count improved from 12/14/16 (14/16/18 w/Scepter) to 16 (18/Scepter).
- Sprout can now target the ground again.
- Improved base attack damage by 6.
- Wrath of Nature can now be cast through the minimap and it will select the closest unit as the initial target .
- Sprout code improved to reduce the chances of heroes sometimes popping out of it.
- Nature's Call Treants can now attack air units.
- Wrath of Nature ( Aghanim's Scepter version) max chain increased from 12/14/16 to 14/16/18.
- Sprout targeting change from 6.67 removed.
- Teleportation now has a tp scroll style indicator displayed for your allies.
- Agility increased from 15 + 1.5 to 18 + 1.9.
- Sprout can now be cast at a target point.
- Nature's Call's Treants now have 33% spell resistance.
- Teleportation cooldown from 60/50/40/30 to 50/40/30/20.
- Wrath of Nature now has a global cast range.
- Lowered Sprout cooldown from 11 seconds to 11/10/9/8 seconds and manacost from 115/140/165/205 to 100/120/140/160.
- Decreased Wrath of Nature manacost from 200/380/610 to 150/175/200.
- Sprout can now be directly cast on yourself.
 See also