From Dota 2 Wiki
| Moon Shard|
|Said to be a tear from the lunar goddess Selemene.|
- Moon Shard does not stack with itself in the inventory.
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- A hero cannot consume more than one Moon Shard.
- Once consumed the item remains factored into the hero's net worth and .
- Cannot be cast while channeling spells.
Night Vision Bonus: 300
- Moon Shard is generally purchased as a late game luxury item for carries that benefit from higher attack speed and night vision without taking an inventory slot.
- The item works very well with illusions especially with mana burn, critical hits and low base attack time.
- In games where a player finds themselves with more gold than they can spend, due to having all 6 item slots filled out, it may be worth considering purchasing a Moon Shard to consume immediately.
- It may be prudent for players to purchase the Moon Shard as their sixth item, to fill in an inventory slot and gain its full benefits while they farm a seventh item to replace Moon Shard, which only provides half the attack speed and night vision after consumption.