Monkey King Bar
From Dota 2 Wiki
For the hero, see Monkey King.
|Monkey King Bar|
|A powerful staff used by a master warrior.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Proc Chance: 35%
Stun Duration: 0.01
Bashed: Dispellable with strong dispels.
- The proc chances of Mini-Bash from multiple Monkey King Bars work fully independently from each other.
- However, in case of multiple procs happening on the same attack, the damage does not stack.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Adds an average of 56 magical damage to every attack.
- Mini-Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Projectiles launched with True Strike cannot miss due to evasion or blindness, but can still be disjointed.
- Also prevents ranged attacks from missing due to the 25% uphill miss chance.
- Also prevents melee attacks from missing due to the target leaving the motion buffer range.
- The motion buffer range is what allows melee attacks to hit their target as long as they stay within 300 range of the attacker.
- Does not prevent attacks from getting canceled when the target gets too far away during the attack animation.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
Heroes whose default item build includes Monkey King Bar as a core item : Clinkz
Heroes whose default item build includes Monkey King Bar as a situational item
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Monkey King Bar's True Strike works against every form of miss chance, not only evasion. This means it is also a viable pickup when the enemy has sources of blind.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Monkey King, Sun Wukong, is the subject of the Chinese folk novel Journey to the West. His weapon, Ruyi Jingu Bang (如意金箍棒), is a magical iron rod with ends banded with gold. Although it weighs several tons, the Monkey King can shrink it at will and tuck it behind his ear and It can also grow at will and duplicate into an infinite number of individual rods.
- The True Strike ability reference however, does not come from the magical rod, but from his eyes, Jin Jing Huoyan (金睛火眼). After he had been trapped in Bagua Lu (八卦爐) 49 days, his eyes was refined into Jin Jing Huoyan, granting him the ability to distinguish demons from humans known as True Sight.