Monkey King Bar
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Monkey King Bar|
|A powerful staff used by a master warrior.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Grants each attack a chance to deal bonus damage and deal a mini-stun.|
|Proc Chance: 35%|
Stun Duration: 0.01
- The proc chance of multiple Mini-Bash work fully independent from each other.
- However, incase of multiple procs happening on the same attack, the damage does not stack.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Adds an average of 56 magical damage to every attack.
- Mini-Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
|Prevents your attacks from missing. True Strike does not work when attacking enemy structures.|
- Projectiles lauched with True Strike cannot miss due to evasion or blindness, but can still be disjointed.
- Also prevents ranged attacks from missing due to the 25% uphill miss chance.
- Also prevents melee attacks from missing due to the target leaving the motion buffer range.
- The motion buffer range is what causes melee attacks to miss when the distance between attacker and its target gets greater than 300.
- Does not prevent attacks from getting canceled when the target gets too far away during the attack animation.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Monkey King Bar as a core item: Clinkz.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Monkey King Bar as a situational item: Arc Warden, Bloodseeker, Bounty Hunter, Broodmother, Faceless Void, Gyrocopter, Lone Druid, Luna, Mirana, Phantom Assassin, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Spirit Breaker, Troll Warlord, Viper, Weaver, Windranger, Wraith King.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Monkey King Bar's True Strike works against every form of miss chance, not only evasion. This means it is also a viable pickup when the enemy has sources of blind.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Monkey King, Sun Wukong, is the subject of the Chinese folk novel Journey to the West. His weapon, Ruyi Jingu Bang (如意金箍棒), is a magical iron rod with ends banded with gold. Although it weighs several tons, the Monkey King can shrink it at will and tuck it behind his ear and It can also grow at will and duplicate into an infinite number of individual rods.
- The True Strike ability reference however, does not come from the magical rod, but from his eyes, Jin Jing Huoyan (金睛火眼). After he had been trapped in Bagua Lu (八卦爐) 49 days, his eyes was refined into Jin Jing Huoyan, granting him the ability to distinguish demons from humans known as True Sight.
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
Old abilities[edit | edit source]
|Grants each attack a chance to deal additional damage.|
|Proc Chance: 10%|
Critical Damage: 300%
|Deals a percent of attack damage in an area around the target. Ranged units cannot Cleave.|
|Cleave Radius: 185|
Cleave Damage: 80%
- This ability got removed in the 5.41-5.50 gameplay patch.
- The cleave damages a circular area in front of the owner.
- Fully stacks with other sources of cleave.
- When stacking multiple sources of cleave, each of them deals its own damage instance.
- Does not cleave upon attacking wards, buildings or allied units. Wards and buildings are unaffected by cleave.
- Ranged units cannot cleave.