From Dota 2 Wiki
|Thor’s magical hammer, made for him by the dwarves Brok and Eitri.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +24 Damage|
+80 Attack speed
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
- The Mjollnir combined with 8 lightning bounces does the highest DPS of the game. But it is less efficient with a hero that already reaches the max attack speed, or if the opposing team has magic resistance or BKB.
- But the item is often a situationnal item, because the lightning's damages arent amplified by critical strike, but also interupt lifesteal and other attack modifier when it procs. If the lifesteal stacks with the lightning with a Vladimir's offering or Vampiric Aura from Wraith King, the lightning are magical and will not grant more HP. In case you aim for attack speed with lifesteal, an assault cuirass or butterfly are better.
- With a safe positioning especially as ranged, if your attack isn't interupted and if the opposite team isn't magic immune, it is possible to kill their entire team at once.
- Mjollnir is very effective against heroes with illusions like Naga Siren, Spectre and particularly Phantom Lancer and Chaos Knight that can surround you because the lightning goes all around you compared to cleave. As a carry, you should consider building this item when playing against these heroes.
- Because this Unique Attack Modifier stacks with others, you can freely build it for heroes with their own Unique Attack Modifier like Viper.
- Static Charge triggers on magical damage as well as on damage from physical attacks, so Mjollnir is very effective against heroes who deal damage over time with their spells. Can be useful against the illusions too, because they can trigger it while receiving low damages.
- Static Charge can be combined with a blademail to return more damage than you receive.
- This item is very good for pushing, you can apply the Static Charge on a creep to push a lane safely while you jungle and get extra gold.
- If you buy two mjollnir each of them will have a chance to proc a passive lightning independently, they don't fully stack.
- If you play a ranged hero, apply the Static Charge to a melee carry.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Mjollnir as a situational item: Alchemist, Bloodseeker, Centaur Warrunner, Ember Spirit, Legion Commander, Lifestealer, Lone Druid, Medusa, Queen of Pain, Sniper, Visage.
- Mjölnir is the name of Thor's Hammer in Norse mythology.