From Dota 2 Wiki
|Thor's magical hammer, made for him by the dwarves Brok and Eitri.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Places a charged shield on a target unit which has a 20% chance to release a shocking bolt at a nearby attacker and 4 additional enemies.|
|Cast Range: 800|
Proc Chance: 20%
Proc Cooldown: 1
Search Radius: 900
Max Number of Targets: 5
Shield Duration: 15
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- Successive casts on the same allied refresh the buff duration.
- The radius is centered around the shielded unit.
- Upon proccing, the proccing unit and 4 random enemy units within the radius are hit.
- Static Charge cannot proc more than once per second.
- Despite the description, Static Charge can proc on any damage, including from spells, not only on attacks.
- Can only proc on damage instances of 5 or greater (after reductions).
- Does not trigger on self-inflicted damage, and damage flagged as HP Removal.
- All 5 bolts together can deal up to 1000 damage (before reductions).
- Static Charge uses pseudo-random distribution.
|Grants a chance on attack to release a bolt of electricity that leaps between 12 targets, dealing 150 magical damage to each.|
|Proc Chance: 25%|
Bounce Distance: 900
Number of Bounces: 12
- Each Mjollnir in the inventory has an independent chance to proc. If 2 or more proc on one attack, only one chain lightning is released.
- The same applies to Maelstrom and Mjollnir in the same inventory. When both proc on the same hit, Mjollnir has priority.
- The lightning bounces in 0.25 second intervals, so hitting 12 targets takes 2.75 seconds.
- Can never hit the same unit twice per proc.
- Can only proc on successfully hit attacks, thus missed attacks cannot proc.
- All bounces together can deal up to 1800 damage (before reductions).
- Chain Lightning uses pseudo-random distribution.
- The Mjollnir Chain buff is a hidden buff required for the lightning to jump.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Mjollnir is very effective against heroes with illusions like Naga Siren, Spectre and particularly Phantom Lancer and Chaos Knight that can surround you because the lightning goes all around you compared to cleave.
- This item is very good for pushing, you can apply the Static Charge on a creep to push a lane safely while you jungle and get extra gold.
- The item is situational since the Chain Lightning damage is blocked by spell immunity and it also overrides lifesteal.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Mjollnir as a situational item: Legion Commander, Lifestealer, Lone Druid, Queen of Pain, Sniper, Visage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mjölnir is the name of Thor's Hammer in Norse mythology.
Gallery[edit | edit source]