17 + 1.85
20 + 2.75
17 + 1.65
Mirana, the Princess of the Moon, is a ranged Agility Hero that uses her abilities to surprise, chase, and assault enemies. She is an excellent huntress and widely known for her Sacred Arrow which stuns her victim with deadly precision. The arrow stuns longer when its fired from a farther distance. Mirana can bring down the stars with Starstorm to damage nearby enemies and an additional star to cast down on her one unfortunate target. Mounting with her trusted tiger Sagan, Mirana can Leap forward over a distance, to escape or chase, and enhancing her allies with a roar, increasing their attack and movement speed. Invoking the power of her moon goddess, Mirana uses her ultimate, Moonlight Shadow to cloak all allied heroes and herself with invisibility. At any time, Mirana and her allies can break out of their hiding with an ambush and fade into the shadows again during the duration of the spell. With an array of mighty and supportive abilities, Mirana is a versatile heroine that can excel early in the game as a mobile ganker. She is not very heavily reliant on luxury items but she can benefit from almost any item that gives her presence in the battlefield.
| Mirana, the Princess of the Moon
| Play "How long must we ride before we're summoned again to the Nightsilver Woods?"
|| Carry / Nuker / Disabler / Escape
|| Born to a royal family, a blood princess next in line for the Solar Throne, Mirana willingly surrendered any claim to mundane land or titles when she dedicated herself completely to the service of Selemene, Goddess of the Moon. Known ever since as Princess of the Moon, Mirana prowls the sacred Nightsilver Woods searching for any who would dare poach the sacred luminous lotus from the silvery pools of the Goddess's preserve. Riding on her enormous feline familiar, she is poised, proud and fearless, attuned to the phases of the moon and the wheeling of the greater constellations. Her bow, tipped with sharp shards of lunar ore, draws on the moon's power to charge its arrows of light.
|| Gin Hammond (Responses)
- Meteors need 0.57 seconds to hit their targets.
- The target for the 2nd meteor is set upon cast of Starstorm, so it can hit its target even after it moved out of the 175 radius.
- Starstorm will choose a new target for the second meteor if the set target died before or because of the 1st meteor's impact.
- Can deal a total of 131.25/262.5/393.75/525 damage to a single target with the second meteor hit.
- Leap has an instant cast time, but interrupts Mirana's channeling spells, upon cast.
- Leaps at a speed of 1600 and disjoints projetctiles upon cast.
- Upon cast, Mirana leaps towards the direction she is facing.
- Can leap over other units and over impassable terrain.
- During the Leap, Mirana can turn, attack, cast spells and use items.
- The bonus movement and attack speed is applied instantly at the cast location.
- Places a buff on all allied heroes. As long as this buff stays on them, they will keep turning invisible.
- Buff places on allied heroes even when they are invulnerable or hidden. They also can turn invisible while invulnerable or hidden.
- Attacking, casting spells or using items during the fade time resets it.
- Getting silenced during the fade time prevents affected heroes from getting invisible. However, once the silence fades, they instantly turn invisible.
- Silence does not reveal heroes who fully turned invisible.
- Doom will always fully reveal the target, no matter if during the fade time, or the invisibility.
- Slippers of Agility will provide a boost to Mirana's primary attribute: agility; allowing for easier last hitting and more damage when attacking enemy heroes.
- Tangos will help provide Mirana with health regeneration in early game.
- A Healing Salve will give Mirana a massive boost of health regeneration over a short period of time.
- A Clarity will provide Mirana with a decent amount of mana regeneration, allowing Mirana to cast more spells in the lane.
- An Iron Branch will provide a minor boost to Mirana's attributes which can be slightly useful in the lane.
- A Magic Stick can be a good idea to pick up if the enemy are using a lot of spells, meaning Mirana can use the stick charges in an emergency.
- Boots of Speed will give Mirana a speed boost which can be helpful for getting around faster.
- A Ring of Aquila will provide a small boost to attributes and provide a small amount of mana regeneration.
- A Magic Wand can be a good item to get as it provides a small attribute boost and allows Mirana to use the stick charges in an emergency.
- Power Treads will provide Mirana with additional bonuses to attack speed and attributes. Depending which attribute type the treads have been set to, will provide an increase to Mirana's health and health regeneration, or an increase to Mirana's damage and armor, or an increase to Mirana's total mana and mana regeneration. All of these things can be very good for Mirana depending on the situation.
- Linken's Sphere will provide a large boost to health and mana regeneration, with a block spell shield. Perfect for Mirana.
- Butterfly provides a large boost to Mirana's agility, attack speed and provides a boost to evasion.
- Diffusal Blade allows Mirana to drain the mana of enmies and use the active ability for enemy heroes to be slowed down, preventing them from escaping and allowing Mirana or her teammates to kill the enemy hero. The active also purges enemy illusions, summoned units, and removes most negative effects from Mirana. The item also provides ample amounts of agility.
- Assault Cuirass provides a huge boost of attack speed and armor for both Mirana and her allies. The aura also reduces the armor of enemy heroes.
- Desolator provides an orb effect for Mirana, allowing her to reduce the armor of enemy heroes and buildings, meaning that Mirana and her allies will deal more damage.
- Monkey King Bar provides Mirana with a minibash that deals extra damage, it also prevents Mirana's attacks from missing enemy heroes if said heroes have evasion.
- Moonlight Shadow is useful both as an escape ability for yourself and/or the team, and as a way to set up a gank.
- As a strong semi-carry, Mirana is quite special - she doesn't really need farm early-mid game, thus making her a threat at that stage as a ganker. She is able to farm up items quite quickly by using Starstorm to clear creep waves as well.
- When deciding to level up Starstorm or Sacred Arrow consider the damage scaling (Arrow's stun duration does not scale with levels). Sacred Arrow damage increases 90 per level while Starstorm increases 75 per level. However, when you consider the second star hit from Starstorm, the damage scales 131.25 per level.
- The movement/attack speed bonus from Leap is quite significant, more than an activated Drum of Endurance. Position this correctly during teamfights to buff all your allies with it.
- Even a level 1 Sacred Arrow can give a large stun if far away enough. Hiding in the jungle at level 1 and hitting an arrow can secure an easy first blood if laning with a good partner.
- In the transition from DotA to Dota 2, various aspects of Mirana's character have been changed to avoid reference to Blizzard's intellectual property.
- The names of two of Mirana's abilities were changed; Starstorm was previously called Starfall and Sacred Arrow was called Elune's Arrow.
- Her DotA hero title was "Priestess of the Moon", a class within the Warcraft universe. Her title was changed during the beta to her current, Princess of the Moon. However, her voice lines remained unchanged, refering to herself still as the Play Priestess.
- In addition to the above changes, Mirana's surname - "Nightshade" - was also dropped, so that she is known simply as "Mirana".
- Mirana is the tiger of the Multan Fort that killed the king of Mongols (in the Mongol folklore).
- Her mount's name is Sagan. Her response Play "Carl meet Sagan." is a pun on Carl Sagan.
- She is affiliated with Luna, as Luna also serves under Selemene.
June 04, 2013 Patch
- Sacred Arrow:
- Reduced arrow size by 10%
- Reduced arrow saturation.
- Enemies continue to not see or hear the same effects on the arrow as allies do.
April 19, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Mirana's Sacred Arrow from doing maximum stun duration.
March 28, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Mirana's Leap range being slightly too short.
March 21, 2013 Patch
- Fixed cast and attack behaviors during Leap.
February 14, 2013 Patch
- Fixed some backswing behaviors with her spells.
January 17, 2013 Patch
January 03, 2013 Patch
- [Undocumented] Broken down hero model into multiple parts for Mirana.
October 25, 2012 Patch
August 09, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added new dialogue for Mirana.
June 20, 2012 Patch
- Reduced size of Arrow 20%.
June 14, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Leap buff being dispelled by BKB/Repel.
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Moonlight Shadow not affecting allied units sometimes (Disrupted, Phase Shifted, etc).
- Fixed Pudge's Meat Hook and Mirana's Arrow not hitting Spirit Bear.
March 22, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Arrow getting blocked by Linken's Sphere.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Leap being canceled if Mirana got purged during it.
January 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Arrow damaging but not stunning invisible units.
November 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the following ability interactions with Repel/Purge: Inner Vitality, Weave, Moonlight Shadow, Overload, Holy Persuasion, Warcry, Shadow Word, Focus Fire, Sukuchi, Berserker's Call, Chilling Touch.
October 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed vision around Arrow when it impacts.
October 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed vision on Arrow (traveling and endpoint).
August 09, 2011 Patch
- Removed in flight mirana arrow sound for now.
August 06, 2011 Patch
- Fixed enemy team being able to hear Mirana's arrow launch sound effect.
August 03, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Mirana's arrow having bad attachment and sometimes looking wrong.
August 02, 2011 Patch
- Minor fix to Arrow speed.
- Removed pre-cast arrow particle effects.
July 29, 2011 Patch
- Fixed a recent bug that caused starfall to do half damage
July 16, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Starfall to not hit invisible units, and Arrow to not stun invisible units.
- Fixed the timing on Starfall
- Fixed Arrow not stopping correctly at magic immune units
- Midnight Shadow no longer works on illusions
July 08, 2011 Patch
- Returning Hero: Mirana [Rough Model]
May 05, 2011 Patch
- Added projectile dodging to teleports, invisibility, and Mirana's Leap.
March 03, 2011 Patch
- Added moonlight shadow cast effects to Mirana and her teammates.
- Fixed Mirana's Arrow and Pudge's Hook to not miss nearby targets.
February 12, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Moonlight Shadow global invis kicking in immediately instead of waiting for fadetime.
February 04, 2011 Patch
- Fixed tooltip for Mirana's Leap buff.
January 30, 2011 Patch
- Fixed cases where creating a linear projectile directly on yourself would cause it to get stuck. This includes fixes to Fissure, Ghost Ship, Dragon Slave, Arrow, Impale, Waveform, Illusory Orb, Meat Hook, Burrowstrike, Wave of Terror, and Power Shot.
- Reduced speed from 2000 to 1600.
- Rescaled distance from 630/720/780/870 to 600/700/800/900.
- Sacred Arrow
- Reduced minimum stun duration from 0.5 to 0.01 (maximum duration is still 5 seconds growing linearly).
- Reduced base damage from 90/10/270/360 to 50/140/230/320.
- Increased maximum bonus damage from 100 to 140.
- Overall, at maximum distance, the damage is still 190/280/370/460 like before.
- Reduced night vision from 1200 to 800.
- Now applies the movement and attack speed boost at the cast location upon cast, instead of landing location upon landing.
- Increased attack speed bonus from 4/8/12/16 to 8/16/24/32.
- Starstorm will now choose a new target for the second star if the first died before impact.
- Sacred Arrow now deals up to 100 extra damage based on distance the arrow traveled.
- Reduced Moonlight Shadow cooldown from 160/140/120 to 140/120/100.
- Increased Starstorm Secondary target damage from 50% of the original to 75% of the original (37.5/75/112.5/150 -> 56.25/112.5/168.75/225).
- Reduced Sacred Arrow cooldown from 25 to 20.
- Reduced Leap cooldown from 40/35/30/20 to 30/26/22/18.
- Moonlight Shadow
- Increased duration from 7/9/11 to 11 on each level.
- Rescaled cooldown from 160 on each level to 180/160/140.
- Starstorm no longer has a 60% chance to hit enemies within 600-900 range.
- Increased cooldown from 20 on each level to 40/35/30/20.
- Reduced manacost from 60/55/50/45 to 40/35/30/20.
- ↑ , Mirana in DotA1, different spell names, slightly different title and with last name.
- ↑ , Thread in Playdota.com about origins of hero names or titles.