Mirana, the Princess of the Moon, is a ranged agility hero that uses her abilities to surprise, chase, and assault enemies. She is an excellent huntress and widely known for her Sacred Arrow which stuns her victim with deadly precision. The arrow stuns longer when it's fired from a farther distance. Mirana can bring down the stars with Starstorm to damage nearby enemies and an additional star to cast down on her one unfortunate target. Mounting with her trusted tiger Sagan, Mirana can Leap forward over a distance, to escape or chase, and enhance her allies with a roar, increasing their attack and movement speed. Invoking the power of her moon goddess, Mirana uses her ultimate, Moonlight Shadow to cloak all allied heroes and herself with invisibility. At any time, Mirana and her allies can break out of their hiding with an ambush and fade into the shadows again during the duration of the spell. With an array of mighty and supportive abilities, Mirana is a versatile heroine that can excel early in the game as a mobile ganker. She is not very heavily reliant on luxury items but she can benefit from almost any item that gives her presence in the battlefield.
Bio[edit | edit source]
|Mirana, the Princess of the Moon|
|Play "How long must we ride before we're summoned again to the Nightsilver Woods?"|
|Role:||Carry / Support / Escape / Nuker / Disabler|
|Lore:||Born to a royal family, a blood princess next in line for the Solar Throne, Mirana willingly surrendered any claim to mundane land or titles when she dedicated herself completely to the service of Selemene, Goddess of the Moon. Known ever since as Princess of the Moon, Mirana prowls the sacred Nightsilver Woods searching for any who would dare poach the sacred luminous lotus from the silvery pools of the Goddess's preserve. Riding on her enormous feline familiar, she is poised, proud and fearless, attuned to the phases of the moon and the wheeling of the greater constellations. Her bow, tipped with sharp shards of lunar ore, draws on the moon's power to charge its arrows of light.|
|Voice:||Gin Hammond (Responses)|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Meteors cannot be disjointed.
- Meteors need 0.57 seconds to hit their targets.
- The initial wave does not hit units inside the Fog of War, but the secondary single meteor does.
- The target for the second meteor is set upon cast of Starstorm, so it can hit its target even after it has moved out of the radius.
- The second meteor starts falling exactly 1 second after cast, and also takes 0.57 seconds to hit its target.
- Starstorm chooses a new target for the second meteor if the set target dies before or because of the first meteor's impact.
- Can deal a total of 131.25/262.5/393.75/525 damage to a single target (before reductions) with the second meteor hit.
- When having Aghanim's Scepter, Starstorm is passively cast. This passive cast has a 10 second recharge time.
- These passive casts do not use cast time, do not interrupt Mirana in any way and do not cost mana or put the spell on cooldown.
- The passive cast only applies the initial wave (dealing the same damage as an active cast), and does not hit the closest enemy unit with a secondary meteor.
- When no enemies are within range or visible, the effect waits until an enemy is in range or is visible.
- Checks for valid targets in 1 second intervals. The time is adapted to the in-game clock, meaning it only happens on full seconds.
- Mirana receives the thinker modifier as soon as Starstorm is learned, but it does nothing until Scepter is acquired.
- Does not trigger while Mirana is invisible. It can trigger during fade times or fade delays, without breaking the invisibility.
- Just like a charge-based ability, the counter only starts counting once the effect procs. It has a charge limit of 1.
- A status buff icon shows whenever the effect is ready.
- The Sacred Arrow travels at a speed of 857.
- The arrow starts traveling 51 range in front of Mirana, and travels forward up to 3067 range.
- This means units within 50 range in front of Mirana cannot be hit, as it does not search for units right behind the arrow.
- Can hit units up to 3161 units away (3067 travel distance + 96 radius).
- The stun increases by 0.1 seconds and the damage by 2.8 for each 30 distance traveled, resulting in the following values at certain distances (before reductions):
- 300 Distance: 1 second stun, 28 (78/168/258/348) damage
- 600 Distance: 2 seconds stun, 56 (106/196/286/376) damage
- 900 Distance: 3 seconds stun, 84 (134/224/314/404) damage
- 1200 Distance: 4 seconds stun, 112 (162/252/342/432) damage
- 1500 Distance: 5 seconds stun, 140 (190/280/370/460) damage
- The arrow reaches its full potential after traveling for 1500 distance, which takes seconds.
- The stun duration is shown above the target's head upon hit (visible to allies only). The shown value is rounded.
- If the arrow collides with a unit which is not a hero, ancient creep, or creep-hero, it instantly kills it.
- The creep is killed by getting its health dealt as damage to it, in the form of HP Removal. Spell immune creeps are not killed.
- The Sacred Arrow has 500 flying vision, which stays for 3 seconds at the point the arrow hits a target.
- The arrow blocks neutral creep camps.
- When choosing the talent which adds 2 extra arrows, the extra arrows are launched together with the main arrow.
- The extra arrows are launched with a 30 degree angle to the left and right of the centered arrow.
- Although all three arrows overlap in front of Mirana, they cannot hit the same target.
- Leap has an instant cast time, but interrupts Mirana's channeling spells upon cast.
- Cannot be cast while rooted. However, getting rooted during the leap does not cancel the leap.
- Leaps at a speed of 1600 for up to 0.38/0.44/0.5/0.56 seconds.
- Upon cast, Mirana leaps towards the direction she is facing.
- Can leap over other units and over impassable terrain.
- During Leap, Mirana can turn, attack, and use items.
- The bonus movement and attack speed is applied instantly at the cast location.
- The buff from multiple casts does not stack, only its duration gets refreshed.
Talents[edit | edit source]
|+2 Multishot Sacred Arrows||25||+100 Leap Attack Speed|
|-4s Sacred Arrow Cooldown||20||+50 Damage|
|+30 Attack Speed||15||+5% Spell Amplification|
|+150 Health||10||+8 Agility|
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore it does not benefit illusions.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Two Slippers of Agility provide Mirana with additional base damage and armor, greatly improving her last-hitting power and giving her some additional survivability against enemy harass.
- Tangoes and Healing Salve allow Mirana to sustain her HP while in-lane, preventing the enemy from harassing her out of lane.
- Clarity is crucial for allowing Mirana to cast her spells more than once or twice in the laning stage, particularly because of her small base mana pool and the high cost of her nukes, particularly Sacred Arrow.
- Animal Courier and Flying Courier can be easily purchased by Mirana, as her early-game effectiveness is not tied down by item dependence.
- Observer Ward and Sentry Ward are very important to purchase as a support Mirana. Getting vision on enemies allows her to use Sacred Arrow more effectively, while destroying enemy vision can prevent them from spotting Mirana's approach and dodge her arrows.
- Magic Stick is very useful to purchase early on Mirana, as her small HP and mana pools mean that she benefits greatly from the burst regen.
- Boots of Speed allow Mirana to go on the offensive, using her respectable base movement speed and ranged attacks to attack and harass enemies. It also allows for more easy positioning for casting Sacred Arrow, and chasing down or fleeing with Leap.
- Ring of Aquila provides all-around attributes, as well as increased agility for better right-click damage. The flat mana regen disproportionately benefits Mirana in the early game due to her poor intelligence growth, while the armor gives her increased survivability. The aura allows Mirana to more easily push lanes and threaten enemy towers, especially when combined with Starstorm.
- Town Portal Scroll is an important item to carry on all heroes at all times. In Mirana's case, her ability to turn teamfights around with Sacred Arrow or push lanes with Starstorm means that globally re-positioning herself is greatly beneficial to her team.
- Magic Wand is a cheap upgrade to Magic Stick, providing extra attributes and increased charge storage. Because Mirana's HP and mana pools remain quite low without additional items, an instant 255 HP and mana is greatly beneficial to her.
- Power Treads will provide Mirana with additional bonuses to attack speed and attributes. With good attribute switching, Mirana can increase her strength for increased survivability, agility for more damage output, or more intelligence for casting her spells.
- Phase Boots is situationally powerful for Mirana over Power Treads. The greatly improved bonus damage gives her increased last-hitting power, and the active synergizes with Leap in improving her ability; as well, the attack speed bonus of Leap allows her to better leverage the damage bonus.
- Aghanim's Scepter is very powerful on Mirana, as it gives her immense burst magical damage on either single targets or groups of enemies, giving her bonus teamfight/ganking presence during the early-mid part of the game. Scepter also gives her decent stats across the board and opens up new items possibilities, allowing Mirana to be played as a powerful nuker instead of a right-click hero.
- Bottle is very powerful as a roaming Mirana. The ability to replenish her small HP and mana pools allows her to roam independently and be active on the map, spending less time returning to base to heal and more time stalking enemies for kill opportunities.
- Butterfly is a very strong carry item in Mirana's hands. It provides a large boost to her agility, and increases her damage and attack speed to greatly improve the potency of her physical attacks. The bonus evasion increases her survivability, and the active can be used to improve her mobility in emergencies.
- Diffusal Blade improves Mirana's physical attacks, providing a boost to agility as well as allowing her attacks to burn mana. The active can purge enemies, greatly slowing them and making them easy targets for Sacred Arrow.
- Desolator is a strong mid-game item that gives Mirana more damage output. Because she can stun enemies for long durations with Sacred Arrow and boost allied attack speed with Leap, the armor reduction on enemy targets makes them easy prey for Mirana and her allies.
- Monkey King Bar is a situational purchase that aids Mirana in fighting enemies that have evasion. It improves Mirana's damage output through increased bonus damage and attack speed, and her innately high attack speed allows her to proc the mini-bash more frequently.
- Daedalus greatly improves Mirana's damage output, turning her into a fearsome carry in her own right. By greatly improving her attack damage and giving her the chance to inflict critical strikes, Mirana can take advantage of her high attack speed and lay waste to foes.
- Linken's Sphere gives Mirana all-around stats as well as boosting her HP and mana regen. Spellblock further improves Mirana's survivability, allowing her to ignore an enemy's initiating targeted disable, which can give her the time she needs to escape with Leap if ganked.
- Black King Bar can be crucial to purchase depending on what enemies Mirana is facing. Not only does the item provide spell immunity, but it is also capable of purging certain debuffs that Manta Style cannot, allowing Mirana to stand her ground and fight.
- Assault Cuirass greatly improves Mirana's fighting power and gives her yet another way to buff her team's effectiveness. The greatly increased armor makes Mirana much more survivable against physical damage, while the bonus attack speed allows her to utilize her physical attacks to great effect. The aura can be used alongside Leap to greatly increase teammates' combat effectiveness by providing them with movement speed, armor and attack speed, along with reducing nearby enemies' armor to further increase the potency of allies' physical attacks.
- Eye of Skadi is a very strong item to purchase on Mirana. It improves her stats across the board, mitigating her small HP and mana pools while also providing bonus agility for increased physical damage output. The Unique Attack Modifier allows Mirana to slow her targets, which can be used alongside Leap to create a large movement and attack speed disparity between Mirana's team and her foes.
- Mjollnir is a strong attack modifier item to purchase on Mirana. It greatly empowers her attack speed and gives her the ability to deal area magical damage, synergizing with Leap and Starstorm. The active can be placed on your team's lead initiator, allowing them to deal additional area magical damage during teamfights.
- Ethereal Blade should be considered if Aghanim's Scepter was purchased, since combined they deal huge amounts of magical damage - the combined burst damage can leave a hero with very little health or even kill them of their hp is on the lower part of the scale. The additional agility is also very useful, as it increases Mirana's right-click power as well as her resistance to physical attacks. The active will also help allied wizards at dealing damage to the affected enemy, further securing a kill for your team, and can be combined with Dagon to deal even more magic burst.
- Manta Style gives Mirana a large amount of bonus agility and attack speed, as well as increased strength and intelligence for overall increased resilience. The movement speed bonus makes Mirana more agile, allowing her to chase and escape more easily, as well as position herself for casting spells. The active can be used to remove debuffs from Mirana, allowing her to use escape abilities, create illusions to deal more damage when on the offensive, or can be used to scout out terrain to reveal enemy positioning.
- Drum of Endurance provides Mirana with stats across the board and is easy to build. The strength and intelligence shore up her small HP and mana pools, while the movement and attack speed aura improve her mobility and offensive potential. The active stacks alongside Leap, allowing Mirana to greatly empower all nearby allies' attack and movement speed during teamfights.
- Soul Ring can be an excellent source of early mana and health regeneration. The ability to instantly gain enough mana to use an extra spell can be extremely helpful in both offensive and defensive situations. Soul Ring can also allow more uses of Sacred Arrow to ensure more reliable farm in lane, guarantee ranged creep kills, or passively farm a stacked camp nearby without leaving lane.
- Urn of Shadows is a strong utility item to purchase early on as Mirana. The extra strength gives her more HP for increased survivability, and the mana regen helps to sustain her casting requirements as needed. Charges can be easily obtained through participating in ganks, and the charges used to heal teammates or to add further damage in future ganks.
- Medallion of Courage and its upgrade Solar Crest are strong items that synergize with Mirana's ganking capabilities. Medallion of Courage provides armor and mana regen, and when upgraded to Solar Crest provides evasion as well for greatly improved survivability. Using the active on a Sacred Arrow victim makes them increasingly vulnerable to physical damage, which can be compounded with Leap to buff allies' attack speed.
- Arcane Boots is important to purchase as early as possible as a support Mirana. The ability to replenish her mana pool allows her to cast Sacred Arrow and her other spells more frequently, and helps to keep allies' mana topped up as well.
- Ghost Scepter is useful to obtain if the enemy chooses to focus Mirana in fights. Because a support Mirana is not able to easily farm items to improve her own survivability, Ghost Scepter allows her to become temporarily invulnerable against physical damage.
- Force Staff is a strong utility item to purchase as a support Mirana. It provides bonus intelligence to shore up her small base mana pool, and HP regen to help keep her health pool topped up. The active can be used alongside Leap to greatly augment Mirana's mobility, and can be cast on allies to help them to escape if they are caught out of position by enemies.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity is a very strong caster item that greatly improves Mirana's potency as a support. It provides bonus intelligence and mana regen, greatly improving her ability to cast her spells, and additional movement speed to give her more mobility, especially when combined with Leap. The active can be cast on herself to provide temporary invulnerability while removing debuffs from herself, or can be used on an enemy to make them a sitting duck for Sacred Arrow.
- Rod of Atos greatly improves Mirana's overall resilience and is easy to build. It provides a large amount of HP and intelligence, improving Mirana's survivability and giving her a larger mana pool with which to cast spells. The active, with its long range and low cooldown, can greatly slow an enemy to hit them with Sacred Arrow, and can be combined with Leap to allow allies to easily chase down fleeing enemies.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the transition from DotA to Dota 2, various aspects of Mirana's character have been changed to avoid reference to Blizzard's intellectual property.
- The names of two of Mirana's abilities were changed; Starstorm was previously called Starfall and Sacred Arrow was called Elune's Arrow.
- Her DotA hero title was "Priestess of the Moon", a class within the Warcraft universe. Her title was changed during the beta to her current, Princess of the Moon. However, her voice lines remained unchanged, referring to herself still as the Play Priestess.
- In addition to the above changes, Mirana's surname - "Nightshade" - was also dropped, so that she is known simply as "Mirana".
- Mirana is the tiger of the Multan Fort that killed the king of Mongols (in the Mongol folklore).
- Her mount's name is Sagan. Her response Play "Carl meet Sagan." is a pun on Carl Sagan.
- She is affiliated with Luna, as Luna also serves under Selemene.
- She appears to be wearing the Circlet item, which fits the item description as being "designed for human princesses.