Mirana, the Princess of the Moon, is a ranged Agility Hero that uses her abilities to surprise, chase, and assault enemies. She is an excellent huntress and widely known for her Sacred Arrow which stuns her victim with deadly precision. The arrow stuns longer when its fired from a farther distance. Mirana can bring down the stars with Starstorm to damage nearby enemies and an additional star to cast down on her one unfortunate target. Mounting with her trusted tiger Sagan, Mirana can Leap forward over a distance, to escape or chase, and enhancing her allies with a roar, increasing their attack and movement speed. Invoking the power of her moon goddess, Mirana uses her ultimate, Moonlight Shadow to cloak all allied heroes and herself with invisibility. At any time, Mirana and her allies can break out of their hiding with an ambush and fade into the shadows again during the duration of the spell. With an array of mighty and supportive abilities, Mirana is a versatile heroine that can excel early in the game as a mobile ganker. She is not very heavily reliant on luxury items but she can benefit from almost any item that gives her presence in the battlefield.
- Moonlight Shadow is useful both as an escape ability for yourself and/or the team, and as a way to set up a gank.
- As a strong semi-carry, Mirana is quite special - she doesn't really need farm early-mid game, thus making her a threat at that stage as a ganker. She is able to farm up items quite quickly by using Starstorm to clear creep waves as well.
- When deciding to level up Starstorm or Sacred Arrow consider the damage scaling (Arrow's stun duration does not scale with levels). Sacred Arrow damage increases 90 per level while Starstorm increases 75 per level. However, when you consider the second star hit from Starstorm, the damage scales 131.25 per level.
- The movement/attack speed bonus from Leap is quite significant, more than an activated Drum of Endurance. Position this correctly during teamfights to buff all your allies with it.
- Even a level 1 Sacred Arrow can give a large stun if far away enough. Hiding in the jungle at level 1 and hitting an arrow can secure an easy first blood if laning with a good partner.
- In the transition from DotA to Dota 2, various aspects of Mirana's character have been changed to avoid reference to Blizzard's intellectual property.
- The names of two of Mirana's abilities were changed; Starstorm was previously called Starfall and Sacred Arrow was called Elune's Arrow.
- Her DotA hero title was "Priestess of the Moon", a class within the Warcraft universe. Her title was changed during the beta to her current, Princess of the Moon. However, her voice lines remained unchanged, refering to herself still as the Play Priestess.
- In addition to the above changes, Mirana's surname - "Nightshade" - was also dropped, so that she is known simply as "Mirana".
- Mirana is the tiger of the Multan Fort that killed the king of Mongols (in the Mongol folklore).
- Her mount's name is Sagan. Her response Play "Carl meet Sagan." is a pun on Carl Sagan.
- She is affiliated with Luna, as Luna also serves under Selemene.
- Her ultimate ability, Moonlight Shadow, is probably a reference to the famous song of the same name by Mike Oldfield.
- Sacred Arrow:
- Reduced arrow size by 10%
- Reduced arrow saturation.
- Enemies continue to not see or hear the same effects on the arrow as allies do.
- Fixed Mirana's Sacred Arrow from doing maximum stun duration.
- Fixed Mirana's Leap range being slightly too short.
- Fixed cast and attack behaviors during Leap.
- Fixed some backswing behaviors with her spells.
- Workshop: Added Centaur Warrunner, Batrider, Mirana, Keeper of the Light, Shadow Demon, and Slark to the Hero list (and http://www.dota2.com/workshop/requirements).
- [Undocumented] Broken down hero model into multiple parts for Mirana.
- Fixed several "missing lane" line bugs for Puck, Mirana, Meepo, Lina, Keeper, Shadow Demon, and Windranger.
- [Undocumented] Added new dialogue for Mirana.
- Reduced size of Arrow 20%.
- Fixed Leap buff being dispelled by BKB/Repel.
- Fixed Moonlight Shadow not affecting allied units sometimes (Disrupted, Phase Shifted, etc).
- Fixed Pudge's Meat Hook and Mirana's Arrow not hitting Spirit Bear.
- Fixed Arrow getting blocked by Linken's Sphere.
- Fixed Leap being canceled if Mirana got purged during it.
- Fixed Arrow damaging but not stunning invisible units.
- Fixed the following ability interactions with Repel/Purge: Inner Vitality, Weave, Moonlight Shadow, Overload, Holy Persuasion, Warcry, Shadow Word, Focus Fire, Sukuchi, Berserker's Call, Chilling Touch.
- Fixed vision around Arrow when it impacts.
- Fixed vision on Arrow (traveling and endpoint).
- Removed in flight mirana arrow sound for now.
- Fixed enemy team being able to hear Mirana's arrow launch sound effect.
- Fixed Mirana's arrow having bad attachment and sometimes looking wrong.
- Minor fix to Arrow speed.
- Removed pre-cast arrow particle effects.
- Fixed a recent bug that caused starfall to do half damage
- Fixed Starfall to not hit invisible units, and Arrow to not stun invisible units.
- Fixed the timing on Starfall
- Fixed Arrow not stopping correctly at magic immune units
- Midnight Shadow no longer works on illusions
- Returning Hero: Mirana [Rough Model]
- Added projectile dodging to teleports, invisibility, and Mirana's Leap.
- Added moonlight shadow cast effects to Mirana and her teammates.
- Fixed Mirana's Arrow and Pudge's Hook to not miss nearby targets.
- Fixed Moonlight Shadow global invis kicking in immediately instead of waiting for fadetime.
- Fixed tooltip for Mirana's Leap buff.
- Fixed cases where creating a linear projectile directly on yourself would cause it to get stuck. This includes fixes to Fissure, Ghost Ship, Dragon Slave, Arrow, Impale, Waveform, Illusory Orb, Meat Hook, Burrowstrike, Wave of Terror, and Power Shot.
- Speed reduced from 2000 to 1600
- Distance rebalanced from 630/720/780/870 to 600/700/800/900
- Sacred Arrow minimum stun duration decreased from 0.5 to 0.01 (maximum duration is still 5 seconds growing linearly).
- Sacred Arrow minimum damage reduced by 40 (maximum damage is still 190/280/370/460 growing linearly).
- Sacred Arrow vision reduced from 800 to 650.
- AoE AS/MS speed bonus is granted at the cast location rather than the destination.
- AoE AS bonus increased from 4/8/12/16 to 8/16/24/32.
- Night vision reduced from 1200 to 800.
- Sacred Arrow now deals up to 100 extra damage based on distance the arrow traveled.
- Moonlight Shadow cooldown decreased from 160/140/120 to 140/120/100.
- Starstorm will choose a new target for the second star if the first died before impact.
- Moonlight Shadow duration increased from 11 to 15 seconds.
- Sacred Arrow cooldown decreased from 25 to 20.
- Starstorm's second single unit impact damage increased from 50% to 75% of the original.
- Moonlight Shadow cooldown decreased from 180/160/140 to 160/140/120.
- Fixed Sacred Arrow damaging but not stunning invisible units.
- Leap cooldown improved from 40/35/30/20 to 30/26/22/18.
- Moonlight Shadow's cooldown rescaled from 160 to 180/160/140.
- Moonlight Shadow's duration rescaled from 7/9/11 to 11.
- Moonlight Shadow manacost from 200/250/300 to a constant 175.
- Starstorm AoE increased by 50 to fix issues with it not hitting units on the edge of your attack.
- Starstorm random chance to hit in 600-900 range removed.
- Changed Leap's cooldown to scale with levels.
- Slightly reduced collision area on Elune's Arrow
- , Mirana in DotA1, different spell names, slightly different title and with last name.
- , Thread in Playdota.com about origins of hero names or titles.