|A glowing jewel formed out of assorted parts that somehow fit together perfectly.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +5 Strength|
One Mekansm grants a total of 95 health, 0.15 health regeneration, 5.7 armor, 5 attack speed, 65 mana, 0.2 mana regeneration and 5 attack damage.
Together with the active ability, it grants a total of 7.7 armor to the owner.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Mekansm as a core item: Abaddon, Ancient Apparition, Chen, Dark Seer, Disruptor, Io, Keeper of the Light, Lich, Lion, Meepo, Necrophos, Oracle, Oracle, Phoenix, Razor, Silencer, Viper, Visage.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Mekansm as a situational item: Ancient Apparition, Dazzle, Death Prophet, Earth Spirit, Enigma, Huskar, Jakiro, Nature's Prophet, Ogre Magi, Omniknight, Pugna, Shadow Demon, Warlock, Windranger.
- Mekansm is not an actual word in English, but rather a corruption of the word "mechanism", considering its description of how it is made of assorted parts that fit and work together, and its appearance. It may also be a play on the expression "There is no 'I' in team"; as there is no 'I' in Mekansm.
- If the player drops items which provides a large amount of health (e.g. Vanguard or Eye of Skadi), then uses Mekansm, and then picks up the dropped items again, the player will overall heal for more than 250 health. This is because upon dropping the health granting items, the player's maximum health drops while the current health percentage stays the same, but Mekansm still heals for the full amount. After picking up the items again, its maximum health raises, and its current health percentage stays the same.
- Restore mana cost increased from 150 to 225
- Total cost reduced by 6 (Ironwood Branch cost reduced from 53 to 50)
- Regeneration Aura AoE increased from 500 to 750 (now equal to active).
- AoE of Restore increased from 450 to 750
- HP aura regen increased from 3 to 4
- Total cost reduced by 50 (Headdress recipe cost reduced from 225 to 200 and Ring of Regen cost reduced from 375 to 350)
- Total cost reduced by 8 (Ironwood Branch cost reduced from 57 to 53)
- Total cost reduced by 70 (Chainmail cost reduced from 620 to 550)
- Mekansm heal stack restriction can no longer be overridden by buckler
- Mekansm and Bloodstone now tell the user when they fail to heal him properly due to stacking rules
- Reworked Mekansm a bit. It now has a larger aoe and buff duration but the heal only occurs if you have no previous Mekansm buff on you (so you can't mass spam it on a team).
- Mekansm aura from 2 to 3hp/sec
- Mekansm cannot be dropped
- Mekansm recipe now 700 gold
- Clarity potion and Mekansm no longer share cooldown