From Dota 2 Wiki
|An axe made of reflective materials that causes confusion amongst enemy ranks.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
Attack speed provided by Yasha-based items fully works for illusions.
Ability[edit | edit source]
| Creates 2 images of your hero that last 20 seconds. Melee heroes have a 30 second cooldown on this ability, while for Ranged heroes the cooldown is 45 seconds.|
Melee images deal 33% damage and take 350% damage, while Ranged images deal 28% and take 400% damage.
|Split Time: 0.1|
Number of Illusions: 2
Illusion Damage Dealt (Melee): 33%
Illusion Damage Taken (Melee): 350%
Illusion Damage Dealt (Ranged): 28%
Illusion Damage Taken (Ranged): 400%
Illusion Duration: 20
- Has 45 seconds cooldown for ranged heroes and 30 seconds cooldown for melee heroes.
- Disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Applies a basic dispel on the owner upon cast.
- Resets all current attack and spell targeting orders from other units on the owner.
- The formation of the owner and the illusions is always the same. One spawns on the owner's cast location and the others randomly on north, east, south or west side each.
- Though the formation is always the same, the owner and the illusions take a random position in the formation and have all the same facing angle.
- Provides 1000 radius ground vision for a second upon cast.
- Recasting this replaces the illusions from the previous cast which are currently under the owner's control.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Recommended items to get with Manta Style are those that gives stats, evasion, attack modifiers and auras, such as Heart of Tarrasque, Eye of Skadi, Butterfly, Armlet of Mordiggian, Diffusal Blade, Assault Cuirass and Radiance.
- Since Manta Style's illusions do not last quite long, Radiance is not as wise to build with Manta Style, as the burn damage does not stack and the illusions typically do not last long enough to travel from one area to another and deal the burn damage. But on some heroes it will be useful for split pushing and farming.
- Manta Style is typically used to slightly increase damage output or confuse enemies during a teamfight. Since the illusions last only 20 seconds, it is better to use them together with your real hero to attack simultaneously instead of using it as a lure for the enemy, unless you are well coordinated with your team.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Manta Style as a core item: Mirana.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Manta Style as a situational item: Anti-Mage, Arc Warden, Broodmother, Chaos Knight, Drow Ranger, Luna, Medusa, Morphling, Naga Siren, Phantom Lancer, Sniper, Spectre, Templar Assassin, Terrorblade, Tinker, Troll Warlord, Vengeful Spirit, Venomancer, Viper.
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
Replaced abilities[edit | edit source]
|Each attack burns 40 mana from the target, and deals the same amount in physical damage.|
|Mana Burned per Hit: 40|
Burned Mana as Damage: 100%
- This ability got removed in the 6.60 gameplay patch.
- The damage is directly added to the owner's attack damage.
- The owner can lifesteal off the damage (considering the lifesteal source is not a Unique Attack Modifier). However, it cannot crit or cleave.
- The damage is unaffected by any form of damage reduction or bonuses like Enfeeble or the Double Damage Rune.
- Does not work against allied units when attacking them.
|Mirror Image (Pre 6.03)|
|Allows you to create an illusion of yourself that deals 35% damage and receives 175% damage.|
|Cast Range: 500|
Number of Illusions: 1
Illusion Damage Dealt: 33%
Illusion Damage Taken: 175%
Illusion Duration: 30
- This ability got reworked into the current Mirror Image in the 6.03 gameplay patch.
- Can be cast on allies as well, including non-hero units, creating illusions of them.
- The illusion spawns at a random position right next to the target, facing the same direction as the target.
- Recasting the spell while already having an illusion from a previous cast does not replace it.
- Pre 6.00, this ability was charge-based, having 10 charges with no cooldown and mana cost. Recharging it was not possible.