From Dota 2 Wiki
| Magic Wand|
|A simple wand used to channel magic energies, it is favored by apprentice wizards and great warlocks alike.|
- One Magic Wand grants a total of 80 health, 0.24 health regeneration, 0.57 armor, 4 attack speed, 44 mana, 0.16 mana regeneration, 0.29% spell damage and 4 attack damage.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Gains 1 charge whenever a visible enemy unit, including neutral creeps, uses an ability within the radius.
- Passively triggered spells (e.g. Quill Spray, Borrowed Time, Multicast, Reincarnation) do not add charges.
- When an enemy casts a spell out of the invisibility from the Invisibility Rune, Shadow Walk, Sand Storm, Moonlight Shadow, Nature's Guise or Spin Web, it does not give a charge.
- Shares cooldown with Magic Stick.
- When having multiple Magic Wands or Magic Sticks in the inventory, the oldest one gains charges first. If it is full, the second oldest one starts to gain charges.
- Upon upgrading a Magic Stick into a Magic Wand, all its current charges are carried over.
- Fragile support heroes who purchased a Magic Stick in the early game will usually upgrade it to a Magic Wand.
- Roaming gankers who provoke a lot of nearby spellcasting gain a lot of early charges, quickly filling up the Magic Wand.
- Heroes with a higher than average Armor or Magic Resistance benefit more than most from a reusable burst heal.
- Medusa is a notably strong Magic Wand user, as her mana can be used as effective HP, and if she runs out of mana, Magic Wand can be used to restore enough mana to cast Mystic Snake, gaining further mana.
- Magic Wand allows you to get a quick burst of healing in dire situations, or to use one last ability in a fight. Even during the midgame, when the boost is less noticeable, a Magic Wand can still save your life if you are in danger.
- The Magic Wand makes an excellent item against heroes that spam abilities while in the lane, as the charges can help to mitigate damage you take, or to cast more of your own abilities. It is very versatile, and never a bad item to have.
- In addition, the Iron Branches needed to build the Magic Wand are common to buy early on in the game, giving a suitable route of making a cost effective build, and emptying up the inventory space without having to sell items.