From Dota 2 Wiki
| Magic Stick|
|A simple wand used to channel magic energies, it is favored by apprentice wizards and great warlocks alike.|
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Gains 1 charge whenever a visible enemy unit, including neutral creeps, uses an ability within the radius.
- Passively triggered spells (e.g. Quill Spray, Borrowed Time, Multicast, Reincarnation) do not add charges.
- When an enemy casts a spell out of the invisibility from the Invisibility Rune, Shadow Walk, Sand Storm, Moonlight Shadow, Nature's Guise or Spin Web, it does not give a charge.
- Shares cooldown with Magic Wand.
- When having multiple Magic Sticks or Magic Wands in the inventory, the oldest one gains charges first. If it is full, the second oldest one starts to gain charges.
- Upon upgrading a Magic Stick into a Magic Wand, all its current charges are carried over.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Fragile support heroes often purchase a Magic Stick in the early game as a means to save themselves during ganks, or gain enough mana to use one last ability.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Magic Sticks allows the user to get a quick burst of healing, or to use one last ability in a fight. Even during the midgame, when the boost is less noticeable, a Magic Stick can still save lives or ensure kills.
- The Magic Stick makes an excellent item against heroes that spam abilities while in the lane, as the charges can help to mitigate taken damage, or to cast more of own abilities. It is very versatile, and most of the time a good item to have.
Gallery[edit | edit source]