From Dota 2 Wiki
| Magic Stick|
|A simple wand used to channel magic energies, it is favored by apprentice wizards and great warlocks alike.|
Ability[edit | edit source]
|Instantly restores health and mana based on the number of charges stored. Gains a charge (max 10) whenever a nearby visible enemy uses an ability.|
Charges per Cast Spell: 1
Max Charges: 10
Health and Mana Restored per Charge: 15
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Gains 1 charge whenever a visible enemy unit, including neutral creeps, uses an ability within the radius.
- Passively triggered spells (e.g. Quill Spray, Borrowed Time, Multicast, Reincarnation) do not add charges.
- When an enemy casts a spell out of the invisibility from the Invisibility Rune, Shadow Walk, Sand Storm, Moonlight Shadow, Nature's Guise or Spin Web, it does not give a charge.
- Shares cooldown with Magic Wand.
- When having multiple Magic Sticks or Magic Wands in the inventory, the oldest one gains charges first. If it is full, the second oldest one starts to gain charges.
- Upon upgrading a Magic Stick into a Magic Wand, all its current charges are carried over.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Magic Stick as an early-game item: Batrider, Chaos Knight, Dark Seer, Dazzle, Death Prophet, Enigma, Legion Commander, Leshrac, Lifestealer, Lone Druid, Necrophos, Outworld Devourer, Pugna, Queen of Pain, Razor, Rubick, Shadow Demon, Visage, Warlock, Winter Wyvern, Witch Doctor.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Magic Sticks allows the user to get a quick burst of healing, or to use one last ability in a fight. Even during the midgame, when the boost is less noticeable, a Magic Stick can still save lives or ensure kills.
- The Magic Stick makes an excellent item against heroes that spam abilities while in the lane, as the charges can help to mitigate taken damage, or to cast more of own abilities. It is very versatile, and most of the time a good item to have.
Gallery[edit | edit source]