Banehallow the Lycan is a melee strength hero who is capable of immense physical damage and considerable movement speed, who also excels at pushing buildings and bolstering his team's damage. He is capable of summoning Wolves who make excellent sources of damage and objective control. His Howl gives a large boost to the attack damage of his allies, while Feral Impulse turns Lycan and his pack into prime fighters on their own. When the time is right, Shapeshift allows the Lycan himself to join in the hunt, overwhelming foes with deadly critical strikes and incredible movement speed.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Using this spell replaces currently active Lycan Wolves under his control.
- The wolves gain abilities as the spell gets leveled.
- Already summoned wolves do not get new abilities when the spell is leveled. Only wolves summoned after leveling get them.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.6 during Shapeshift.
- The effects are provided by an aura and thus the buff lingers for 0.5 seconds after the duration.
- This means that any unit summoned after the cast of Howl still get the buff for its remaining duration.
- This also means that when Lycan is dead, the effects are lost. However, if he comes back to life before its duration ends, the effects are provided again for its remaining duration.
- Affects all allied and own units, including invulnerable and hidden units, except for the zombies from Tombstone, illusions and wards.
- Does not affect lane creeps.
- The sound effect is global for allies only.
- Upon cast, Lycan Wolves owned by him play a special animation. This has only visual purposes.
- Only increases base damage and that given by the primary attribute of the affected units. Raw bonus damage is not increased.
- The buff lingers for 0.5 seconds after leaving the radius.
- Affects all units under Lycan's control, not just himself and his wolves.
- Lycan illusions dominated by Enchant do not grant Enchantress' units the bonuses, only the illusion itself keeps them.
- During the transformation, Lycan cannot do anything. Cannot be interrupted.
- Unlike other transformation spells with transformation time, Shapeshift does not disjoint projectiles.
- The movement speed and critical strike are provided by a global aura which affects all units owned by Lycan. The aura buff lingers for 0.1 seconds.
- The critical strike increases the attack damage of Lycan and all his units by an average of 16%/24%/32%.
- The proc chances of multiple crit sources stack.
- If two sources of critical strike proc at the same time, the higher multiplier has priority.
- The critical strike uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Shapeshift is fully canceled on death.
Lycan Wolf[edit | edit source]
- Available for level 2-4 wolves.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after proccing, resulting in 4 instances.
- Can deal up to 32 damage to the target (before reductions).
- Multiple procs on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Quelling Blade helps Lycan farm, especially if he starts in the jungle.
- Ring of Protection gives some early durability and eventually builds into Vladmir's Offering
- Power Treads give you movement speed, attack speed, and some extra damage and durability if you set them to give strength.
- Soul Ring is an alternative source of mana in the early game,due to the high mp cost of wolf(125mp).
- Bracer is a good early game item: it gives more attributes and some damage.
- Black King Bar is useful on many melee heroes. Lycan is no exception as more strength and temporary magic immunity let him get to his target and deal more damage when he gets there.
- Armlet of Mordiggianmain damage output for Lycan for him strength base attribute ,plus some addition attack speed; likewise compliments a Helm of The Dominator / Satanic pickup
- Vladmir's Offering gives lifesteal, damage, and armor in an aura, so his wolves get more powerful as well. The mana regeneration also helps with his small mana pool.
- Assault Cuirass gives armor, attack speed to Lycan and his allies (including his wolves), and reduces opponents' armor.
- Necronomiconprovides the Necronomicon units for addition units.
- Skull Basher Since Lycan has no disable Abilities, basher can be the only way to stop someone, can be upgraded Later to a Abyssal Blade.
- Desolator helps push down buildings, as well as amplify the damage done by wolves.
- Heaven's Halberd gives Lycan's attacks a chance to lesser maim; slowing opponents attack and move speed helping him chase them down, with additional evasion.
- Sange and Yasha provides some health, armor ,greater maim , damage , attack and move speed.
- Heart of Tarrasque greatly increases health and health regeneration allowing Lycan to tank more effectively. The damage gained from it is also entirely from strength, which is amplified by both Feral Impulse and Vladmir's Offering. It is especially strong on Lycan thanks to his slipperiness - Lycan can run out of a fight at very low HP and come back into the fight after a short rest.
- Abyssal Blade gives a reliable stun as well as good survivability from damage block.
- Echo Sabre due his high damage and critical chance on wolf form, echo sabre can be a aditional in his build.
Lifesteal of Vladmir's Offering.
- Boots of Travel are highly recommended late game, or when the enemies tier 3 tower or barracks are vulnerable. Whenever the enemy tries to push, go to a lone lane and split push as much as you can. Lycan is arguably one of the best heroes at taking down towers fast, due to this enemies will have to send someone back to deal with you. However, if a teamfight starts anyways, you can teleport back to aid the fight.
- Desolator improves Lycan's tower pushing and increases his damage. It also synergizes with an Assault Cuirass pickup and creates a huge armor disparity.
- Shadow Blade gives good mobility, and is a favorite for ganking players. The stealth allows you to initiate using your stun, and the bonus damage coming out of stealth is also helpful.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lycanthropy refers to the ability of a human to transform into a wolf, or gain wolf-like characteristics. The term derives from the Greek word lykànthropos, which translates to "wolf man", or "werewolf" in English.
- The line Play "Was I a wolf who dreamed he was a man?" refers to a quote by Chinese philosopher Zhuangzi - "Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."
- The line Play "Are you an air wolf?", refers to the American famous television series "Airwolf", counting this response is said to Gyrocopter.
- The line Play "Who fears the wolf should fear the forest." is a reference to Russian novelist Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky quote from 'The Gambler' : 'Who fears the wolf should never enter the forest'
- The line Play "I thought you were Team Yakov!" is a reference (and pun) to Jacob Black from the Twilight series, who is a werewolf. Fans divide themselves into "teams" by who their most preferred main character is, one of such teams is "Team Jacob".