|This magical sphere once protected one of the most famous heroes in history.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- One Linken's Sphere grants a total of 300 health, 6.45 health regeneration, 2.14 armor, 15 attack speed, 180 mana, 0.6 (+ 150%) mana regeneration, 0.9375 spell damage and 30 attack damage.
Abilites[edit | edit source]
|Temporarily removes Spellblock from the item's owner and transfers it to an allied unit.|
|Cast Range: 700|
Buff Duration: 13
Item Sphere Target: Undispellable.
- Double clicking the item casts it on self. Although targeting self makes no difference.
- Multiple instances of the buff work fully independently from each other.
- This means it is possible to cast two instances on the same allied hero, and each buff can block one spell.
- This also means that when an ally places the Linken's buff on a hero who has its own Linken's Sphere, both can block a spell. The allied buff is used up first in this case.
- Puts Linken's Sphere on cooldown upon transferring the buff. During this period, it does not block spells on the owner.
- Goes into cooldown once again when the buff blocks a spell on the targeted allied hero.
- Does not go into cooldown when the buff did not block a spell and expired.
- Can be cast on creep-heroes.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
Heroes whose default item build includes Linken Sphere as a core item : Medusa, Morphling, Weaver.
Heroes whose default item build includes Linken Sphere as a situational item : Batrider, Bounty Hunter, Storm Spirit, Queen of Pain, Ancient Apparition, Ursa, Nyx Assassin, Mirana, Naga Siren.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although Heroes that solely have single-target abilities (like Bane and Lion) seem like they would be rendered harmless with Linken's, this actually means they would be able to bypass the Spell Block much more easily than Heroes with only one single-target spell (like Lina or Wraith King), as Linken's Sphere only blocks one spell at a time.
- It is wise to place the Spell Block buff on your allied initiator or carry to prevent them from being disabled immediately when charging into the enemy team.
- It is good to purchase this item on Heroes that use invisibility or are going to buy items that grant it, as the Spell Block can prevent some spells, such as Amplify Damage, from revealing the Hero. If the enemy lacks any detection but has strong burst damage, the Spell Block may also prevent some disables or ultimates from locking and bursting down your Hero before your fade time, or at least give you a warning that you are about to be targeted.
- This item can be useful on heroes with quick escape options such as Weaver, Ember Spirit, or Storm Spirit, as Linken's Sphere can easily make you almost immune to enemy ganks by blocking any enemy's spell - protection you from a potential disable and also giving you an early warning that the enemy is coming, allowing you to make your escape.
- Projectile-based spells are always blocked upon impact. This makes them easier to blocked for an ally, than spells with instant effect, because the Spellblock buff can be placed on the targeted ally before the projectile hits.
Blocked abilities[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Linken's Sphere is named after Linken, a character from World of Warcraft, who is in turn named after Link, the protagonist of the Legend of Zelda franchise.
- As Linken's Sphere was originally created, it was named "Linken's Mirror". Its ability was Spell Mirror, which was basically a chance-based Echo Shell from Lotus Orb. The item was reworked into the present version in 6.09.
Gallery[edit | edit source]