From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Although he can be effective against Anti-Mage in an aggro offlane, Lich has a hard time nuking down Anti-Mage in the midgame due to his Spell Shield. In the lategame, Anti-Mage can easily kill Lich with a blink abyssal combo, and the high mana cost of Chain Frost along with Lich's large mana pool makes him vulnerable to Mana Void.
- Chain Frost can bounce to the Spiderlings that Broodmother creates
- Chain Frost can bounce to Treants that Nature's Prophet summons.
- Weaver doesn't care much about your slows thanks to Shukuchi.
- If he sees Chain Frost is targeting him, he can easily isolate himself with Shukuchi so that it stops bouncing around.
- Unless you burst him immediately, you have no hard disable or silence to prevent him from using Time Lapse.
- Lich is a very poor roamer, as Frost Blast is very expensive, Sacrifice can't be used on jungle creeps, and Ice Armor is useless offensively. One way to punish a Lich is to go jungling.
- The 550 movement speed provided by Dark Seer's Surge or a Haste Rune renders your slows ineffective.
- Similarly, any kind of movement spell or item can enable an enemy with good reflexes and positioning to isolate your Chain Frost to get it to stop bouncing.
- Teams with multiple Blade Mails may cause Lich to accidentally kill himself with Chain Frost.
- Pipe of Insight can block most of Chain Frost's damage.
- Black King Bar will make the user immune to Lich's spell casting.
- Necronomicon and Manta Style will reduce the effectiveness of Chain Frost. If Lich is unlucky, the Necronomicon Warrior's Last Will may kill him. Manta Style will also dispel any slow Lich may have applied to the target.
- Diffusal Blade or any other source of purge will remove Ice Armor from Lich or his allies.
- Force Staff can be a good pickup versus Lich as all he does is to slow you. The push it gives can be enough to catchup with him or run away.
- Meepo's blink Poof combo puts all of the Meepos very close together, making them vulnerable to Frost Blast's AOE slow and multiple bounces from Chain Frost.
- Lich's Chain Frost can eliminate Chaos Knight's Phantasm, especially after he clumped up using Reality Rift.
- Ice Armor will heavily reduce his army's effectiveness.
- The movement slows from Frost Blast and Ice Armor, along with the bonus armor from Ice Armor make Lich good at kiting melee heroes without BKBs
- Lich is particularly good at zoning and denying greedy offlaners XP and gold
Works well with...Magnus
- Magnus does not only disable the enemy with Reverse Polarity, he also packs them together, enabling Chain Frost to be more effective.
- Living Armor synchronizes well with Ice Armor and gives huge survivability to a target.
- Overgrowth is also a good setup for Chain Frost.
- Paralyzing Cask and Chain Frost is a recipe for disaster against poorly coordinated enemies.
- Using Chronosphere, Faceless Void can lock down multiple enemies, making them helpless against Chain Frost.