Tresdin the Legion Commander is a melee Strength hero fitting the role of carry. A highly mobile and predatory hero, her skillset and gameplay revolves mainly around successful killing off targets with her ultimate, Duel. Accomplishing this grants Tresdin permanent bonus damage. Though she is extremely skilled in "fair" one-on-one fights, Tresdin suffers when outnumbered and must choose her engagements carefully. A successful midgame sees her roaming the map collecting heads and becoming a very dangerous carry, whilst in lategame she ideally will no longer rely on Duel to win her fights and simply destroy any enemies that come too close to her. Though potentially an extremely powerful hero, she is frail for a Strength hero and must be played with premeditation and good decision-making to reach her full potential.
 Recommended items
- When using your Ultimate, be sure to cast it on an enemy Hero who is relatively weaker than you, or has a fairly low amount of health remaining in order to ensure that the bonus damage will be given to you.
- Legion Commander works well with gankers, especially Bloodseeker, who is able to detect low-health Heroes in the map.
- If teamed up with a Pudge try to keep close with him. Pudge can make enemy heroes come to you, when enemies know full well not to get caught in your ultimate. Let him do his combos first to soften up the caught foe, before casting Duel to ensure a kill. You'll both benefit this way, Pudge gets his bonus strength and you get the bonus damage.
- Even if an ally dealt the killing blow on the Hero that you are dueling, the bonus damage is still applied to Legion Commander.
- Always go with your team. Although Legion Commander is a carry, she is better off with her team, ganking and getting kills through her ultimate rather than farming too much.
- Always try to get into fights, just be mindful and select the fights you know you can win. During early to mid-game, try targeting the softer casters or supports e.g. heroes like Crystal Maiden and Shadow Shaman. This way if you were to lose a Duel and they gain the bonus damage, it won't affect your team in the late-game as these heroes rely more on their spells than their auto-attacks.
- Any items that can give Legion Commander both health and attack speed is a good pick for her, as she needs the health to be tanky in a Duel, and the attack speed to finish off the enemy before Duel expires. Her attack damage increases through kills from Duel, so items that only give attack damage aren't best bought first.
- Minus armour items are particularly good on Legion Commander once you have won a few Duels because she gets attack speed from Press The Attack and damage from winning Duels.
- Before casting Duel on someone, try casting Press The Attack first to give you needed bonus attack speed.
- For unspecified reasons, the transition of content from DotA to Dota 2 involved a change in gender for Legion Commander, despite the character attributes, such as names and abilities remaining unchanged. She still makes references to her old characterization in a collection of lines when engaging certain heroes:
- When engaging heroes with mounts, she will often express her jealousy or interest for them ("Play I like your mount."). Her hero model in DotA bore a mount.
- She also comments on facial hair when dueling or killing certain heroes ("Play Nice mustache."). Her DotA hero model had a mustache.
- In DotA, her counterpart often expressed his distrust for elves (or anything non-human). This is heavily expanded in Dota 2, where Legion Commander will instead express her distrust for numerous roles or states of being, instead of a single racial entity, in a bulk of her rival hero taunts.
- Tresdin's response, "Play War. War always changes." is a reference to the signature Fallout quote, "War. War never changes."
- Her response, "Play You won't win the war by dying for your Ancient. You'll win by making the other dumb, unfed bastard die for theirs!" is a reference to the popular George S. Patton quote: "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- The horn sound effect when deploying Press the Attack utilizes the same sound the Concheror item uses in Team Fortress 2.
- Her voice actress, Merle Dandridge, is also well-known for providing the voice of Alyx Vance, a character in the game Half Life 2, another title by Valve.
 Update history
January 29th, 2014 Patch
- Teleport animations added for both regular and Arcana (undocumented)
 Balance changelog
- Overwhelming Odds bonus damage per hero is increased from 14/16/18/20 to 20/35/50/65.
- Overwhelming Odds area of effect increased from 315 to 330.
- Overwhelming Odds base damage rescaled from 50/100/150/200 to 60/100/140/180.
- Moment of Courage now uses Pseudo Random chance.
- Moment of Courage now only procs one extra lifesteal attack.
- Moment of Courage buff grace period increased from 0.5 to 1.0 seconds.
- Moment of Courage cooldown reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds.
- Dueling units cannot be disarmed or Force Staffed away.
- Base movement speed increased from 310 to 320.
- Overwhelming Odds base damage from 60/120/180/240 to 50/100/150/200.
- Overwhelming Odds bonus damage per unit increased from 10 to 14/16/18/20.
- Duel cast range increased from 100 to 150.
- Press the Attack duration increased from 4 to 5.
- Duel bonus damage per victory increased from 10 to 10/14/18.
- Added to Captain's Mode.
- Overwhelming Odds bonus summoned unit/illusion damage reduced from 50% to 25%.
- Press the Attack cooldown rescaled from 15 to 16/15/14/13.
- Moment of Courage cooldown increased from 0.9 to 1.2.
- Moment of Courage cooldown increased from 0.75 to 0.9.
- Duel can now only target heroes (it didn't do anything on non-heroes already).
 See also