Tresdin the Legion Commander is a melee Strength hero fitting the role of carry. A highly mobile and predatory hero, her skillset and gameplay revolves mainly around successfully killing off targets with her ultimate, Duel. Accomplishing this grants Tresdin permanent bonus damage. Though she is extremely skilled in "fair" one-on-one fights, Tresdin suffers when outnumbered and must choose her engagements carefully. A successful midgame sees her roaming the map collecting kills and becoming a very dangerous carry, whilst in lategame she ideally will no longer rely on Duel to win her fights and simply destroy any enemies that come too close to her. Though potentially an extremely powerful hero, she must be played with premeditation and good decision-making to reach her full potential.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Turns the enemies' numbers against them, dealing damage and granting you bonus movement speed per unit or per hero. Deals bonus damage to illusions and summoned units as a percent of their current health.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 1000
Base Damage: 40/80/120/160
Damage per Creep: 14/16/18/20
Damage per Hero: 20/40/60/80
Current Health as Damage to Summons: 25%
Move Speed Bonus per Creep: 3%
Move Speed Bonus per Hero: 9%
Speed Duration: 7
Overwhelming Odds: Dispellable with any dispel.
|The archers of Stonehall are ready at Tresdin's command.|
- Summoned unit bonus damage is dealt before the base and bonus damage.
- Summoned units damage is only taken by units which were created by an ability.
- The bonus damage counts creep-heroes and illusions as creeps.
- The initial part of the spell's sound effect plays during the cast animation and is audible to everyone.
- The buff from multiple casts of Overwhelming Odds does not stack but gets refreshed instead.
- The speed bonus gets updated on each cast based on how many targets were hit.
|Press the Attack|
|Removes debuffs and disables from the target friendly unit, and grants bonus attack speed and health regen for a short time.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 800
Health Regen Bonus: 30/40/50/60
Attack Speed Bonus: 65/90/115/140
Press The Attack: Dispellable with any dispel.
|The rallying horn of the Bronze Legion is able to inspire any heart.|
|Moment of Courage|
|When attacked, Legion Commander has a chance to immediately counterattack with bonus lifesteal.|
|Proc Chance: 25%|
Moment Of Courage Lifesteal: Dispellable with any dispel.
|Tresdin knows that an enemy's most vulnerable moment often follows their fiercest stroke.|
- Only procs when a unit starts an attack against Legion Commander, regardless of distance.
- This means canceled or missed attacks can proc it as well.
- Upon proccing, Legion Commander receives a buff, which grants her 1000 attack speed and lifesteal.
- This buff lasts for 1 second, or until she lands an attack, whichever is shorter. Missed attacks do not count.
- If the ability procs while Tresdin is already attacking, she performs an instant attack on the current attack target.
- This instant attack does not interfere with the ongoing attack and uses no animation.
- The instant attack can proc any attack modifier or any on-hit effect like a regular attack.
- This means the instant attack also uses up the 1000 attack speed and lifesteal buff immediately.
- If Legion Commander is blinded, the instant attack can miss, unless she has True Strike. It can also miss to evasion.
- Cannot lifesteal off of wards, buildings and allied units.
- Moment of Courage uses pseudo-random distribution.
|Legion Commander and the target enemy hero are forced to attack each other for a short duration. Neither hero can use items nor abilities. If either hero dies during the duration, the hero winning the Duel gains permanent bonus damage.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 150
Winner Attack Damage Bonus: 10/14/18
Duel Duration: 4/4.75/5.5 ( 6/7/8)
Duel Damage Boost: Undispellable.
|To face a soldier of Stonehall in single combat is a challenge few can resist.|
- Duel ends immediately when the distance between the duelists gets greater than 2000 at any point during it.
- The loser of the duel is the hero that dies while under the buff. There is no victor if both heroes are alive at the end of the duration.
- The dueling units do not have to do the last hit to win the Duel. Allies and enemies may interfere.
- It does not matter how a duelist dies during the Duel, be it to enemies, allies or neutrals, the victor always gets the damage.
- Casting Force Staff or Geomagnetic Grip on a dueling unit has no effect, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Savage Roar also has no effect on dueling units at all, not applying the debuff on them.
- When a dueling unit is defeated and has Aegis of the Immortal or Reincarnation, the victor still gets the bonus damage.
- When Legion Commander dies to the shatter of Ice Blast, the dueled enemy does not get bonus damage.
- However, when the Duel target dies to the shatter instead, Legion Commander does get the damage.
- When casting Assimilate or Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Supernova on a duelling unit, the duel instantly ends with no victor.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Stout Shield is generally a good idea if offlaning or jungling, as the decreased damage from attacks will help her stay alive, and help withstand harass from enemies in the offlane.
- Tango is needed to keep Legion Commander alive.
- Clarity potions help Legion Commander use her abilities more often.
- Quelling Blade is necessary if you wish to jungle.
- Ring of Basilius can be important for the armor and mana regen, as well as the little extra early attack damage it gives.
- Magic Stick will help with Legion's early mana problems in lane, but is unnecessary in the jungle. It can always be upgraded into a Magic Wand if necessary.
- Power Treads are essential on Legion Commander, because of the health and attack speed.
- Blink Dagger will allow Legion Commander to initiate and gank, earning her much bonus damage in the early game.
- Armlet of Mordiggian is an excellent option on Legion Commander because it gives health, attack damage and attack speed; quite literally every stat Tresdin could want. The health loss is also greatly mitigated by the lifesteal from Moment of Courage.
- Desolator is a good item to consider as the armor reduction will help kill enemies in Duel faster, and is all-around helpful for your other allied carries.
- Black King Bar is an all-round useful tool to avoid disables. Remember to activate it before using Duel.
- Mjollnir is an excellent item to consider if you want attack speed and damage. Remember to activate the active before you Legion Commander for extra damage when they attack you.
- Assault Cuirass is always beneficial as it gives your team armor, takes away the enemy team's armor, and gives very good attack speed that can be used to win Duels later in the game.
- Abyssal Blade increases her survivability giving bonus HP, HP regeneration and blocking 40 damage from incoming attacks. The bash chance is very powerful on her, since it can proc on the hits guaranteed by Moment of Courage. Avoid getting this early as it is very expensive and you should be focusing on getting more attack speed, and using the attack damage from already won Duels to win even more Duels.
- Satanic is a good option if you really need more lifesteal and strength. However, most of the time Moment of Courage will give you enough survivability.
- Heaven's Halberd increases your survivability by giving you strength and evasion. Use the active ability to the target you want to Duel to let you have more chance to win the Duel.
- Aghanim's Scepter is a good rushed item situationally. It gives you excellent stats and makes you very tanky for the uninterruptible Duel that it also gives. The stats, combined with Moment of Courage allows you to almost always win any Duel against most Heroes in the early and midgame.
- Blade Mail can help deal more damage during Duels, when both the Duel target and its team will be trying to take down Legion Commander.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The transition of content from DotA to Dota 2 involved a change in gender for Legion Commander, despite the character and ability names remaining unchanged. She still makes references to her old characterization in a collection of lines when engaging certain heroes:
- When engaging heroes with mounts, she will often express her jealousy or interest for them (Play "I like your mount."). Her hero model in DotA rode a mount.
- She also comments on facial hair when dueling or killing certain heroes (Play "Nice mustache."). Her DotA hero model had a mustache.
- In DotA, her counterpart often expressed his distrust for anything which was not human. This is heavily expanded in Dota 2, where Legion Commander will instead express her distrust for numerous roles or states of being, instead of a single racial entity, in a bulk of her rival hero taunts.
- Tresdin's response, Play "War. War always changes." is a reference to the signature Fallout quote, "War. War never changes."
- Her response, Play "You won't win the war by dying for your Ancient. You'll win by making the other dumb, unfed bastard die for theirs!" is a reference to the popular George S. Patton quote: "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- The horn sound effect when deploying Play Press the Attack utilizes the same Play sound the Concheror item uses in Team Fortress 2, another title from Valve.
- Her voice actress, Merle Dandridge, is also well known for providing the voice of Alyx Vance, a character in the game Half Life 2, another title by Valve.
- When dueling Zeus, There is a chance of Legion Commander yelling Thunderdome! Play which a reference to the Thunderdome of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome!