20 + 1.9
26 + 2.4
14 + 1.4
Yurnero the Juggernaut is a melee agility hero whose abilities allow him to sprint into battle and recklessly devastate enemies in an impenetrable flurry of blades.
His abilities grant invulnerability and spell immunity, turning him into an unstoppable force on a hairpin. Juggernaut is strong both offensively and defensively, and deals heavy damage both physical and magical with his Blade Fury and Omnislash ultimate, but he possesses below average strength and intelligence attributes, so he does not have as much health and mana as other heroes and is vulnerable when his abilities are on cooldown. For this reason, although his abilities make him powerful even in the early game, he cannot charge into forces without restraint until farmed and is usually played as a carry.
| Yurnero, the Juggernaut
| Play "By the Visage of Vengeance, which drowned in the Isle of Masks, I will carry on the rites of the Faceless Ones."
|| Carry / Pusher
|| No one has ever seen the face hidden beneath the mask of Yurnero the Juggernaut. It is only speculation that he even has one. For defying a corrupt lord, Yurnero was exiled from the ancient Isle of Masks--a punishment that saved his life. The isle soon after vanished beneath the waves in a night of vengeful magic. He alone remains to carry on the Isle's long Juggernaut tradition, one of ritual and swordplay. The last practitioner of the art, Yurnero's confidence and courage are the result of endless practice; his inventive bladework proves that he has never stopped challenging himself. Still, his motives are as unreadable as his expression. For a hero who has lost everything twice over, he fights as if victory is a foregone conclusion.
|| David Scully (Responses)
- Does not interrupt Juggernaut's channeling spells upon cast.
- Juggernaut is silenced for the duration, but he can still use items normally.
- Juggernaut retains his regular move speed and movement capabilities while spinning.
- Juggernaut can perform normal attacks during Blade Fury, but these attacks will deal no damage to enemies being affected by Blade Fury.
- Attack modifiers like Monkey King Bar, Diffusal Blade or Skull Basher still work fully and will apply their effects and damage on successful procs.
- Blade Fury does not affect buildings, wards and siege creeps. Unaffected enemies will take full attack damage from Juggernaut during Blade Fury.
- Juggernaut can lifesteal off of siege creeps while spinning, but will not lifesteal off of other units because his attacks won't damage them.
- Cleave works normally even while spinning, and will still damage appropriate targets.
- While spinning, proccing a critical will amplify cleave damage and attack damage dealt to siege creeps.
- While spinning, proccing a critical on an enemy affected by Blade Fury will still display the red crit number, but still won't damage them.
- Despite not affecting allied or own units, they still take no damage from Juggernaut's attack when attempting to deny them.
- Deals 16/20/24/28 damage in 0.2 second intervals.
- Deals up to 400/500/600/700 damage (before reductions).
| Healing Ward
| Hit Points
| Movement Speed
| Collision size
|| Unit type: Ward
- The heal is provided by an aura. Its buff lingers for 2.47 seconds.
- Units will be healed if they have the aura on them, even if the ward itself is dead or out of range.
- The heal is hp regeneration, so it heals for 0.2% / 0.3% / 0.4% / 0.5% of maximum hp in 0.1 second intervals.
- Heals a total of 54.94% / 82.41% / 109.88% / 137.35% of a unit's maximum health (25 duration + 2.47 seconds lingering buff).
- The sound and particles play upon start of the attack, not when the attack lands.
- Increases Juggernaut's auto-attack damage by 20/25/30/35% on average.
- Applies a 0.13 second mini-stun.
- Can deal up to 600-675/1200-1350/1800-2025 (1200-1350/1800-2025/2400-2700*) damage (before reductions).
- Juggernaut is invulnerable and spell immune for the whole duration. Jumps happen in 0.4 second intervals, so the maximum duration is 0.8/2/3.2 (2/3.2/4.4*) seconds.
- Unlike other sources of spell immunity, Omnislash does not dispel any buffs and debuffs.
- On each jump, Juggernaut is positioned at the opposite side of the target from Juggernaut's position. The jump radius is centered around Juggernaut, not around the current target.
- Juggernaut can perform attacks, cast spells, and use items during Omnislash, however Blade Fury is disabled for the duration.
- Juggernaut is issued to attack his current jump target on each jump.
- This means that between each jump, any other order given gets canceled.
- If Juggernaut's attack time is lower than 0.4, he can perform at least 1 attack between each slash.
- Provides 200 radius flying vision lasting 1 second on each jump around the current target.
- Tangos and Healing Salves provide healing to keep Juggernaut alive in the lane.
- Clarity will allow you to regain mana from early usage of Blade Fury.
- Iron Branch gives +1 to all attributes, increasing survivability and mana pool. Because of Juggernaut's low mana pool, an early Iron Branch gives the possibility of casting both Blade Fury and Omnislash back to back. It can later be upgraded into a Magic Wand.
- Slippers of Agility gives Juggernaut additional damage, allowing him to get easier last hits and denies in lane. They can later be upgraded to a Poor Man's Shield.
- Boots of Speed give a passive speed boost, offering better escape and catch-up. They can later be built into Phase Boots.
- Poor Man's Shield helps Juggernaut against harassment, and saves up space while retaining the +6 agility from the Slippers of Agility.
- Magic Stick is a useful burst healing/mana item if the enemies in lane will be casting many spells. It can later be built into a Magic Wand.
- Bracer gives a minor attributes bonus and builds into a drum later.
- Phase Boots provide even more mobility with the Phase ability, and increases his damage significantly. The bonus movement speed is helpful when catching enemy heroes while using Blade Fury.
- Magic Wand is good for burst health and mana while providing bonus attributes compared to the Magic Stick.
- Drum of Endurance provides a great attribute bonus for its price as well as bonus movement speed and attack speed. It not only allows easier catch up when using Blade Fury, but the increased mana pool allows Juggernaut to cast Blade Fury multiple times before returning to the fountain.
- Aghanim's Scepter improves the number of Omnislash jumps, vastly improves the ability to gank and participate in team fights. In addition, it also gives additional health and a significant attribute bonus.
- Town Portal Scroll are essential for cross-map transportation. TP scrolls allow Juggernaut to return to lane quicker after a death, meaning he misses out on less experience in the lane. They can also be used to quickly jump into a fight or defend a tower in a different lane.
- Sange and Yasha provides a good strength, agility, and movement speed boost, all of which are helpful to Juggernaut's play style. The maim can also be useful when slowing fleeing enemies. Maim can even occur while attacking during Blade Fury, despite attacks dealing no damage.
- Butterfly gives an enormous boost to his damage, attack speed, and armor, as well as having the ability to evade physical attacks. It greatly increasing the physical damage Juggernaut can take, while Blade Fury protects against the magical damage. The increased attack speed also allows Blade Dance to occur more frequently.
- Desolator reduces the target's armor, increasing the damage from both your attacks and Omnislash. It can also be effective for pushing since this effect works on towers.
- Battle Fury is an item that can be very strong to buy: it can be used to farm quickly, clear lane creeps, and it can greatly increase your damage in team fights. The bonus health regenaration is helpful when jungling, and the bonus mana regeneration allows Juggernaut to use Blade Fury with less worry about mana.
- Vladmir's Offering is a handy item to have for supporting the team, granting several bonuses including lifesteal, however only to allied melee heroes. This is also an effective way to sustain in the jungle.
- Black King Bar is helpful when the enemy team has more magical damage than Blade Fury can protect. Unlike Blade Fury, the Black King Bar also allows Juggernaut to attack while active, and has a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
- Skull Basher might be useful on Yurnero due to his high attack speed. Bashes can proc in Blade Fury and Omnislash.
- Diffusal Blade allows Yurnero to purge Ethereal units during Omnislash and provides much needed agility.
- Buying a Refresher Orb will allow Juggernaut to use Omnislash twice. Refresher Orb can be activated while Juggernaut is casting Omnislash. With Aghanim's scepter and maxed out Omnislash, you could dish out a total of 24 slashes, capable of wiping out a whole team that is grouped together. Make sure to cast the second Omnislash after the first one finished though, since casting it during an Omnislash has no effect, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Blade Fury allows the Juggernaut to deal massive amounts of damage early game, especially if you take Boots of Speed early on or have a teammate with a disable. Always try to lane with heroes such as Crystal Maiden, Lion, Venomancer and Shadow Shaman to increase your potential. If you have boots, and the enemy does not, look to be aggressive with Blade Fury.
- Blade Fury can be used as an escape mechanism due to its spell immunity. Using it alongside Healing Ward can result in escaping even the most difficult situations.
- While using Blade Fury, it is best to constantly move alongside the enemy (constantly issuing the Move command nearby) instead of right-clicking them once and allowing your Hero to automatically follow them. Juggernaut will still try to attack the enemy while in Blade Fury, but will deal no damage, resulting in needless pauses and easily allows your enemy to escape.
- Omnislash works best if you catch an enemy hero away from their creeps. Time it well to avoid wasting hits on creeps, and ensure your enemy doesn't have any blink or invisibility spells, as those will cause your ultimate to not affect them.
- Omnislash turns Juggernaut invulnerable for its duration. This can be used as an advantage to dodge certain abilities. However, some abilities can affect invulnerable units. Berserker's Call for example affects invulnerable units and thus can prevent Juggernaut from attacking (except when jumping on Axe) or casting spells during Omnislash.
- Healing Ward is a great way to keep pushes going and heal yourself. Make sure you don't neglect it!
- Taking the Attribute Bonus rather than Healing Ward and Blade Dance at very early levels may be a good idea due to your high mana costs and lack of survivability. Focusing on attributes and Blade Fury up until you can get Omnislash makes you far more viable in survivability and mana management.
- Do not be fooled into thinking you are hard to kill while using Blade Fury. Enemies who have a high amount of physical damage, such as Drow Ranger or Sven, will be able to deal heavy damage to you even if you are under Blade Fury's effects, that's why you take priority in put skills points in Blade Fury rather than in the other skills in the early game stages, since enemies will not be too leveled or farmed well enough to take you by right click damage,and the spell immunity will protect you against high burst damage skills. This is your basic source of damage in the first phase of the game.
- Check the enemy's inventories occasionally for people who have Ghost Scepter or Ethereal Blade and Eul's Scepter of Divinity as both items cause Omnislash to do no damage.
- If you going to Hard Carry the game,Battle Fury its an excellent pickup,it will accelerate you farm with the 35% cleave plus the bonus mana and health regen that will make better use of your abillities,also you will farm the other core items like Aghanim's Scepter much faster if the Battle Fury is rush first.
- Experienced Juggernaut players can use a Blink Dagger in order to continue an Omnislash if there are targets some distance away. However, the item must be used after a slash.
- While not shown under Situational Items, Mjollnir is a very good item to get on Juggernaut. With the lowest base attack time, increasing his attack speed and damage makes him a deadly auto-attacker, as well as being a cheaper alternative to Butterfly. In addition, the Chain Lightning from Maelstrom & Mjollnir aid him greatly for pushing the lanes and farming the jungle.
- For Juggernaut players who wish to be more tank-like or have purchased plenty of attack speed- and damage-boosting items, Satanic is an excellent late game pick-up. Satanic's large strength boost, armor, and Active ability mesh very well with Juggernaut's high attack speed, vastly enhancing his survivability in team fights.
- Sange and Yasha its a fair pick in Juggernaut,since he doesnt' have any close gap skills,this item will provide nice stats and 16% movespeed to help chase better,the speed will increase if you have Phase Boots,also the greater maim helps slowing down fleeing enemies.
- Juggernaut's backstory and appearance bears many similarities to that of the Seguleh people in the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series of books by Steven Erikson.
- Juggernaut's ultimate, Omnislash, is inspired by and named after the signature move of Cloud Strife from the game Final Fantasy VII. 
- The rare line Play "Screw it, I'm going to five blades!" is a reference to an article from The Onion about the increasing number of blades put into razors.
- The line Play "My blade is swifter." is a reference to the Heroes of Newerth hero Swiftblade, the game's own equivalent of Juggernaut.
- The line Play "And then... there were none..." may be a reference to the Agatha Christie book by the same name.
- The line Play "I'm the Juggernaut, Lich!" is a play on the quote "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch.", taken from a YouTube parody featuring re-dubbed scenes from X-Men: The Animated Series.
- Juggernaut is tied with Oracle for the lowest Base Attack Time (BAT) in the game of any Hero unbuffed by spells (only Alchemist with level 2 and 3 Chemical Rage reaches a lower BAT). However, because of Juggernaut's large Agility growth and it being his Primary Attribute, he benefits far more from Attack Speed and Agility than Oracle.
November 18, 2014 Patch
June 14, 2013 Patch
November 30, 2012 Patch
August 15, 2012 Patch
- Fixed a bug that was causing the first tick of Healing Ward to always heal the Radiant team.
August 09, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash jumping to ancients.
- Fixed Blade Fury showing per target visual effect when hurting invis units.
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash selection aoe being slightly too big.
- Fixed Healing Ward vision radius.
April 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash jumping to couriers.
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash considering ancients as valid targets.
- Fixed Omnislash ending prematurely if a target becomes invulnerable.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Added rival death-taunts and other miscellaneous lines to flesh out dialog set for Juggernaut and Sven.
January 19, 2012 Patch
January 12, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added "Injured" walk animations for Ursa, Nature's Prophet, Juggernaut and Tiny.
December 16, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] Changed Juggernaut's model.
October 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Blade Dance working on wards.
October 06, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash not ministunning the initial target.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Healing Ward not having an AoE cursor.
- Fixed Critical Strikes (both Juggernaut's and item-based) not denying correctly.
- Added Legacy key support for Juggernaut.
September 30, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury being dispelled by stuns that ignore magic immunity.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury affecting Ancients.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash being castable on Ancients.
September 29, 2011 Patch
- Enabled Juggernaut!
June 24, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut to be able to use items and attack during Omnislash.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury to be interrupted if he is stunned (only happens for stuns that go through magic immunity).
March 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut being able to do melee damage to unitswhile Blade Furying (except for units that are not susceptible to Blade Fury like towers).
February 12, 2011 Patch
- The primary target of Omnislash is now ministunned.
- Updated Omnislash and Lightning Bolt tooltips to indicate that they ministun.
- Fixed Omnislash not hitting magic immune units.
- Juggernaut's Omnislash's secondary jumps now find magic immune enemies.
- Fixed issue with Juggernaut's Omnislash where at all levels he could do one more slash than he was supposed to be able to.
- Reduced agility gain from 2.85 to 2.4.
- Rescaled Blade Fury manacost from 110 on each level to 120/110/100/90.
- Increased Healing Ward manacost from 80/100/120/140 to 120/125/130/135.
- Reduced base armor from 1 to 0 (total armor is now 3.64).
- Reduced Omnislash cast range from 450 to 350.
- Reduced Blade Fury cooldown from 30/28/26/24 to 30/27/24/21.
- Increased damage per jump from 150-250 to 175-250.
- Increased number of jumps from 3/5/8 to 3/6/9.
- Increased Aghanim's Scepter upgraded number of jumps from 5/7/10 to 6/9/12.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Increased Healing Ward max health as heal per second from 1%/2%/4%/5% to 2%/3%/4%/5%.
- Omnislash no longer wastes a strike by considering units in ethereal form in its search (fully ignorers ethereal units).
- Healing Ward
- Increased max health as heal per second from 1%/2%/3%/4% to 1%/2%/4%/5%.
- Reduced manacost from 140 on each level to 80/100/120/140.
- Reduced Blade Fury cooldown from 30 to 30/28/26/24.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Juggernaut. Increases Omnislash number of jumps from 3/5/8 to 5/7/10 and cooldown from 130/120/110 to 110/100/90.
- Changed Omnislash legacy hotkey from N to E.
- Increased base strength from 17 to 19.
- Increased movement speed from 290 to 295.
- Reduced base armor from 2 to 1 (total armor is now 3.8).
- Increased base armor from 0 to 2 (total armor is now 4.8).
- Increased base armor from -1 to 0 (total armor is now 2.8).
- Healing Ward
- Increased manacost from 125 to 140.
- Increased cooldown from 50 to 75.
- Reduced base strength and gain from from 19 + 2.2 to 17 + 1.9.
- Reduced base agility from 22 to 20.
- Fixed Roshan stopping to attack when hit by Omnislash.
- Now ends once no valid target is found within range, instead of continuing to search for targets for the full duration.
- Blade Fury
- Changed legacy hotkey from B to F.
- Increased cooldown from 18 to 30.
- Reduced number of jumps from 4/6/9 to 3/5/8.
- Increased jump interval from 0.3 to 0.4.
- Fixed Omnislash not going on cooldown sometimes when used.
- Blade Fury
- Reduced manacost from 120 to 110.
- Reduced cooldown from 20 to 18.
- Increased base strength from 17 to 19.
- Increased Omnislash number of jumps from 3/5/8 to 4/6/9.
- ↑ , Cloud Strife's signature move "Omnislash", on which Juggernaut's ultimate is based of.
- ↑ ,The Onion article about the increasing number of blades put into razors.
- ↑ , Swiftblade in Heroes of Newerth.