His abilities grant invulnerability and spell immunity, turning him into an unstoppable force on a hairpin. Juggernaut is strong both offensively and defensively, and deals heavy damage both physical and magical with his Blade Fury and Omnislash ultimate, but he possesses below average strength and intelligence attributes, so he does not have as much health and mana as other heroes and is vulnerable when his abilities are on cooldown. For this reason, although his abilities make him powerful even in the early game, he cannot charge into forces without restraint until farmed and is usually played as a carry.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Does not interrupt Juggernaut's channeling spells upon cast.
- During Blade Fury, Juggernaut cannot be affected by Ghost Scepter. The buffs get removed immediately.
- Juggernaut is silenced for the duration. Besides this, he can act freely while spinning.
- Regular attacks can be performed during Blade Fury, but they deal no damage to enemies being affected by Blade Fury.
- However, these attacks still dispel consumables like Healing Salve.
- Attack modifiers like Monkey King Bar, Diffusal Blade or Skull Basher still apply their effects and damage on procs.
- Since cleave is based on the hero's attack damage values, it still deals damage within its cleave area even while spinning.
- On the other side, critical strikes and lifesteal are based on the actual damage dealt, and thus have no effect (despite red crit numbers and lifesteal particles still showing).
- Blade Fury does not affect buildings and wards. Unaffected enemies take full attack damage from Juggernaut during Blade Fury.
- Despite not affecting allied or own units, they still take no damage from Juggernaut's attacks when attempting to deny them.
- Deals 16/21/26/31 damage in 0.2 second intervals, starting 0.2 seconds after cast, resulting in 25 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 400/525/650/775 damage (before reductions).
- After cast, the ward automatically follows Juggernaut, if no other order is given.
- The heal is provided by an aura. Its healing buff lingers for 2.5 seconds.
- Heals in the form of health regeneration, so it heals for 0.2%/0.3%/0.4%/0.5% of maximum health in 0.1 second intervals.
- Can heal a total of 54.94%/82.41%/109.88%/137.35% of a unit's maximum health (25 duration + 2.5 seconds lingering buff).
- The healing aura of multiple Healing Wards does not stack.
- Increases attack damage by an average of 20%/25%/30%/35%.
- The proc chances of multiple crit sources stack.
- If two sources of critical strike proc at the same time, the higher multiplier has priority.
- Blade Dance uses pseudo-random distribution.
- The sound and particles play upon start of the attack, not when the attack lands.
- Turns Juggernaut invulnerable and spell immune for the whole duration.
- Unlike other sources of spell immunity, Omnislash does not dispel any buffs and debuffs.
- Slashes in 0.4 second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in a maximum duration of 0.8/2/3.2 ( 2/3.2/4.4) seconds.
- Cannot target, but can jump on ancient creeps (also including Warlock's Golem and the Primal Split spirits) and Roshan.
- Can jump on invulnerable units, however, since it deals physical damage, invulnerable (and ethereal) targets take no damage.
- Cannot jump on units in the Fog of War, invisible or hidden units, Tombstone Zombies and on Astral Spirits.
- If no valid targets are in range, Omnislash ends prematurely.
- On each slash, Juggernaut is positioned at the opposite side of the target from Juggernaut's position.
- The slash radius is centered around Juggernaut, not around the current target.
- Juggernaut can perform attacks, cast spells, and use items during Omnislash, however, Blade Fury is disabled for the duration.
- During Omnislash, Juggernaut does not need to turn in order to cast targeted spells or items.
- Juggernaut is issued to attack his current slash target on each jump, causing other orders to get canceled each time.
- If Juggernaut's attack time is lower than 0.4, he can perform at least one attack between each slash.
- Can deal up to 600-675/1200-1350/1800-2025 ( 1200-1350/1800-2025/2400-2700) damage (before reductions).
- Any valid target, except Roshan, which is not under control of a player is instantly killed when slashed.
- Provides 200 radius flying vision lasting 1 second on each slash around the current target.
- Recasting Omnislash while the previous cast is still active has no effect, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Centers the player's camera perspective on Juggernaut, following his position during Omnislash.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Tango provide healing to keep Juggernaut alive in the lane.
- Healing Salve can save Juggernaut if used at the last moment.
- Clarity allows Juggernaut to regain mana from early usage of Blade Fury.
- Iron Branch increases Juggernaut's survivability and mana pool. Because of Juggernaut's low mana pool, an early Iron Branch gives the possibility of casting both Blade Fury and Omnislash back to back. It can later be upgraded into a Magic Wand.
- Slippers of Agility gives Juggernaut additional damage, allowing him to get easier last hits and denies in lane. They can later be upgraded to a Poor Man's Shield.
- Boots of Speed give a passive speed boost, offering better escape and catch-up. They can later be built into Phase Boots.
- Poor Man's Shield helps Juggernaut against harassment, and saves up space while retaining the +6 agility from the Slippers of Agility.
- Magic Stick is a useful burst healing/mana item if the enemies in lane cast many spells. It can later be built into a Magic Wand.
- Bracer gives a minor attributes bonus and builds into a drum later.
- Phase Boots provide even more mobility with the Phase ability, and increases his damage significantly. The bonus movement speed is helpful when catching enemy heroes while using Blade Fury.
- Magic Wand is good for burst health and mana while providing bonus attributes compared to the Magic Stick.
- Drum of Endurance provides a great attribute bonus for its price as well as bonus movement speed and attack speed. It not only allows easier catch up when using Blade Fury, but the increased mana pool allows Juggernaut to cast Blade Fury multiple times before returning to the fountain.
- Aghanim's Scepter increases the number of Omnislash jumps, while also vastly improving the ability to gank and participate in team fights. In addition, it also increases Juggernaut's health pool and provides a significant attribute bonus.
- Town Portal Scroll are essential for cross-map transportation. TP scrolls allow Juggernaut to return to lane quicker after a death, meaning he misses out on less experience in the lane. They can also be used to quickly jump into a fight or defend a tower in a different lane.
- Sange and Yasha is a fair pick on Juggernaut, since he does not have any gap-closing abilities. This item provides a good strength, agility, movement and attack speed bonus and helps chase better. The Greater Maim helps slowing down fleeing enemies. Maim can even occur while attacking during Blade Fury, despite attacks dealing no damage.
- Butterfly gives an enormous boost to his damage, attack speed, and armor, as well as having the ability to evade physical attacks. It greatly increasing the physical damage Juggernaut can take, while Blade Fury protects against the magical damage. The increased attack speed also allows Blade Dance to occur more frequently.
- Desolator reduces the target's armor, increasing the damage from Juggernaut's regular attacks and Omnislash. It can also be effective for pushing since this effect works on towers.
- Battle Fury is an item that can be very strong to buy: it can be used to farm quickly, clear lane creeps, and it can greatly increase Juggernaut's damage in team fights. The bonus health regeneration is helpful when jungling, and the bonus mana regeneration allows Juggernaut to use Blade Fury with less worry about mana.
- Vladmir's Offering is a handy item to have for supporting the team, granting several bonuses including lifesteal. This is also an effective way to sustain in the jungle.
- Black King Bar is helpful when the enemy team has more magical damage than Blade Fury can protect. Unlike Blade Fury, the Black King Bar also allows Juggernaut to attack while active, and has a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
- Satanic is an excellent late game pick-up. Satanic's large strength boost, armor, and Active ability mesh very well with Juggernaut's high attack speed, vastly enhancing his survivability in team fights.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Juggernaut's backstory and appearance bear many similarities to that of the Seguleh people in the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series of books by Steven Erikson.
- Juggernaut's ultimate, Omnislash, is inspired by and named after the signature move of Cloud Strife from the game Final Fantasy VII. 
- The rare line Play "Screw it, I'm going to five blades!" is a reference to an article from The Onion about the increasing number of blades put into razors.
- The line Play "My blade is swifter." is a reference to the Heroes of Newerth hero Swiftblade, the game's own equivalent of Juggernaut.
- The line Play "And then... there were none..." may be a reference to the Agatha Christie book by the same name.
- The line Play "I'm the Juggernaut, Lich!" is a play on the quote "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch.", taken from a YouTube parody featuring re-dubbed scenes from X-Men: The Animated Series.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Envisioning Juggernaut Loading Screen concept art