20 + 1.9
26 + 2.4
14 + 1.4
Yurnero the Juggernaut is a melee agility hero whose abilities allow him to sprint into battle and recklessly devastate enemies in an impenetrable flurry of blades.
His abilities grant invulnerability and spell immunity, turning him into an unstoppable force on a hairpin. Juggernaut is strong both offensively and defensively, and deals heavy damage both physical and magical with his Blade Fury and Omnislash ultimate, but he possesses below average strength and intelligence attributes, so he does not have as much health and mana as other heroes and is vulnerable when his abilities are on cooldown. For this reason, although his abilities make him powerful even in the early game, he cannot charge into forces without restraint until farmed and is usually played as a carry.
| Yurnero, the Juggernaut
| Play "By the Visage of Vengeance, which drowned in the Isle of Masks, I will carry on the rites of the Faceless Ones."
|| Carry / Pusher / Escape
|| No one has ever seen the face hidden beneath the mask of Yurnero the Juggernaut. It is only speculation that he even has one. For defying a corrupt lord, Yurnero was exiled from the ancient Isle of Masks--a punishment that saved his life. The isle soon after vanished beneath the waves in a night of vengeful magic. He alone remains to carry on the Isle's long Juggernaut tradition, one of ritual and swordplay. The last practitioner of the art, Yurnero's confidence and courage are the result of endless practice; his inventive bladework proves that he has never stopped challenging himself. Still, his motives are as unreadable as his expression. For a hero who has lost everything twice over, he fights as if victory is a foregone conclusion.
|| David Scully (Responses)
- Does not interrupt Juggernaut's channeling spells upon cast.
- Juggernaut is silenced for the duration. Besides this, he can act freely while spinning.
- Juggernaut can perform normal attacks during Blade Fury, but these attacks deal no damage to enemies being affected by Blade Fury.
- Attack modifiers like Monkey King Bar, Diffusal Blade or Skull Basher still work fully and do apply their effects and damage on successful procs.
- Since cleave is based on the hero's attack damage values, it works normally even while spinning, damaging enemies within its cleave range.
- On the other side, critical strikes and lifesteal are based on the actual damage dealt, and thus have no effect (despite red crit numbers and lifesteal particles still showing).
- Blade Fury does not affect buildings and wards. Unaffected enemies take full attack damage from Juggernaut during Blade Fury.
- Despite not affecting allied or own units, they still take no damage from Juggernaut's attack when attempting to deny them.
- Deals 16/21/26/31 damage in 0.2 second intervals, starting 0.2 seconds after cast, resulting in 25 damage instances.
| Healing Ward
- The heal is provided by an aura. Its healing buff lingers for 2.47 seconds.
- Heals in form of health regeneration, so it heals for 0.2% / 0.3% / 0.4% / 0.5% of maximum health in 0.1 second intervals.
- Can heal a total of 54.94% / 82.41% / 109.88% / 137.35% of a unit's maximum health (25 duration + 2.47 seconds lingering buff).
- The healing aura of multiple Healing Wards does not stack.
- Increases attack damage by an average of 20/25/30/35%.
- The sound and particles play upon start of the attack, not when the attack lands.
- Turns Juggernaut invulnerable and spell immune for the whole duration.
- Unlike other sources of spell immunity, Omnislash does not dispel any buffs and debuffs.
- Jumps in 0.4 second intervals, starting immediatly upon cast, resulting in a maximum duration of 0.8/2/3.2 ( 2/3.2/4.4) seconds.
- Can jump on invulnerable units, however, since it deals physical damage, invulnerable (and ethereal) targets take no damage.
- If no valid targets are in range, Omnislash ends prematurely.
- On each jump, Juggernaut is positioned at the opposite side of the target from Juggernaut's position. The jump radius is centered around Juggernaut, not around the current target.
- Juggernaut can perform attacks, cast spells, and use items during Omnislash, however Blade Fury is disabled for the duration.
- During Omnislash, Juggernaut does not need to turn to cast targeted spells or items.
- Juggernaut is issued to attack his current jump target on each jump.
- This means that between each jump, any other order given gets canceled.
- If Juggernaut's attack time is lower than 0.4, he can perform at least 1 attack between each slash.
- Can deal up to 600-675/1200-1350/1800-2025 ( 1200-1350/1800-2025/2400-2700) damage (before reductions).
- The physical damage of the slashes is reduced by Damage Block.
- Any valid target which is not under control of a player is instantly killed when jumped on.
- Provides 200 radius flying vision lasting 1 second on each jump around the current target.
- Recasting Omnislash (e.g. by using Refresher Orb) while the previous cast is still active has no effect, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Tangos and Healing Salves provide healing to keep Juggernaut alive in the lane.
- Clarity allows Juggernaut to regain mana from early usage of Blade Fury.
- Iron Branch gives +1 to all attributes, increasing survivability and mana pool. Because of Juggernaut's low mana pool, an early Iron Branch gives the possibility of casting both Blade Fury and Omnislash back to back. It can later be upgraded into a Magic Wand.
- Slippers of Agility gives Juggernaut additional damage, allowing him to get easier last hits and denies in lane. They can later be upgraded to a Poor Man's Shield.
- Boots of Speed give a passive speed boost, offering better escape and catch-up. They can later be built into Phase Boots.
- Poor Man's Shield helps Juggernaut against harassment, and saves up space while retaining the +6 agility from the Slippers of Agility.
- Magic Stick is a useful burst healing/mana item if the enemies in lane cast many spells. It can later be built into a Magic Wand.
- Bracer gives a minor attributes bonus and builds into a drum later.
- Phase Boots provide even more mobility with the Phase ability, and increases his damage significantly. The bonus movement speed is helpful when catching enemy heroes while using Blade Fury.
- Magic Wand is good for burst health and mana while providing bonus attributes compared to the Magic Stick.
- Drum of Endurance provides a great attribute bonus for its price as well as bonus movement speed and attack speed. It not only allows easier catch up when using Blade Fury, but the increased mana pool allows Juggernaut to cast Blade Fury multiple times before returning to the fountain.
- Aghanim's Scepter improves the number of Omnislash jumps, vastly improves the ability to gank and participate in team fights. In addition, it also gives additional health and a significant attribute bonus.
- Town Portal Scroll are essential for cross-map transportation. TP scrolls allow Juggernaut to return to lane quicker after a death, meaning he misses out on less experience in the lane. They can also be used to quickly jump into a fight or defend a tower in a different lane.
- Sange and Yasha is a fair pick on Juggernaut, since he does not have any gap-closing abilities. This item provides a good strength, agility, movement and attack speed bonus and helps chase better. The Greater Maim helps slowing down fleeing enemies. Maim can even occur while attacking during Blade Fury, despite attacks dealing no damage.
- Butterfly gives an enormous boost to his damage, attack speed, and armor, as well as having the ability to evade physical attacks. It greatly increasing the physical damage Juggernaut can take, while Blade Fury protects against the magical damage. The increased attack speed also allows Blade Dance to occur more frequently.
- Desolator reduces the target's armor, increasing the damage from Juggernaut's regular attacks and Omnislash. It can also be effective for pushing since this effect works on towers.
- Battle Fury is an item that can be very strong to buy: it can be used to farm quickly, clear lane creeps, and it can greatly increase Juggernaut's damage in team fights. The bonus health regenaration is helpful when jungling, and the bonus mana regeneration allows Juggernaut to use Blade Fury with less worry about mana.
- Vladmir's Offering is a handy item to have for supporting the team, granting several bonuses including lifesteal. This is also an effective way to sustain in the jungle.
- Black King Bar is helpful when the enemy team has more magical damage than Blade Fury can protect. Unlike Blade Fury, the Black King Bar also allows Juggernaut to attack while active, and has a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
- Blade Fury allows the Juggernaut to deal massive amounts of damage early game, especially when buying Boots of Speed as a starting item or having a teammate with a slow. Juggernaut should always be laned together with heroes like Crystal Maiden, Lion, Venomancer, Lich, or Shadow Shaman to greatly increase the killing potential. When having boots and an enemy without boots, an aggressive Blade Fury can result in an easy kill.
- Blade Fury can be used as an escape mechanism due to its spell immunity. Using it alongside Healing Ward can result in escaping even the most difficult situations.
- While using Blade Fury, it is best to constantly move alongside the enemy (constantly issuing the Move command nearby) instead of right-clicking them. Juggernaut can attack during Blade Fury, but those attacks deal no damage to units it affects, so making right-clicks slows Juggernaut down since he has to stop to attack, which may allow the target to gain some distance. Moving alongside an enemy ensures maximum damage output with Blade Fury.
- Omnislash works best when catching lone enemies away from any enemy creeps. Timing is required to avoid wasting hits on creeps and to ensure that all jumps hit the targeted enemy. If the enemy has escape abilities like blink or invisibility or any other ways to avoid the damage (e.g. turning invulnerable, hidden or ethereal), it should ideally be used when the enemy is unable to use them, as they cause Omnislash to deal no damage or get fully canceled.
- Omnislash turns Juggernaut invulnerable for its duration. This can be used as an advantage to dodge certain abilities. However, some abilities can affect invulnerable units. Meat Hook for example affects invulnerable units and thus can hook Juggernaut during Omnislash, canceling the spell assuming the hook lands. Meat Hook will not deal damage to Juggernaut when hooked out of Omnislash, even if its an enemy.
- Juggernaut is particulary weak against illusion-based heros like Phantom Lancer, Naga Siren and Terrorblade since they can spread the Omnislash damage. Buying a Battle Fury can help Juggernaut turn the scales in his favor.
- Healing Ward is a great way to keep pushes going and heal the entire team. Its healing should not be underestimated, as it is percentage based and scales with maximum health.
- A Soul Ring can be bought and be used prior to the healing ward; the extra mana essentially allows casting Healing Ward for free mana, which then in turn offsets the health loss. This allows Juggernaut to save his mana pool for his other abilities which already on their own require his entire mana pool to cast in the early to mid game.
- Taking the Attribute Bonus rather than Healing Ward and Blade Dance at very early levels may be a good idea due to the high mana costs of Juggernaut's abilities and his lack of survivability. Focusing on attributes and Blade Fury up until being able to can get Omnislash makes Juggernaut far more viable in survivability and mana management.
- Although Blade Fury turns Juggernaut spell immune, he still is very vulnerable and far from being unkillable. Enemies who have a high amount of physical damage, such as Drow Ranger, Sven and Lone Druid, are still able to deal heavy damage to him even while under the effect of Blade Fury. This is why taking priority in leveling up Blade Fury rather than the other abilities in the early game stages is adviced, since most heavy physical damage dealer are not as much threatening during the early game so they do not wan to get too close to Juggernaut.
- When taking the hard carry path, Battle Fury is an excellent pickup. Its cleave accelerates farming by quite a lot, and the cleave even works during Blade Fury. Although the primary attack target takes no damage when affected by Blade Fury, cleave still deals full area damage. Its regeneration alsoallows Juggernaut to use his abilties more often.
- Experienced Juggernaut players can use a Blink Dagger in order to continue an Omnislash if there are targets some distance away. However, the item must be used within up to 0.4 seconds after a slash.
- Mjollnir is a very good item to get on Juggernaut. With his very low base attack time, increasing his attack speed and damage makes him a deadly attacker, as well as being a cheaper alternative to Butterfly. In addition, the Chain Lightning from Maelstrom & Mjollnir aid him greatly for pushing the lanes and farming the jungle.
- For Juggernaut players who wish to be more tank-like or have purchased plenty of attack speed and damage-boosting items, Satanic is an excellent late game pick-up. Satanic's large strength boost, armor, and Active ability mesh very well with Juggernaut's high attack speed, vastly enhancing his survivability in team fights.
- Skull Basher can be useful on Yurnero due to his high attack speed and the fact that he lacks a stun. Bashes can proc on attacks during Blade Fury and Omnislash jumps and prevents the enemy from escape using Town Portal Scroll or Boots of Travel.
- Diffusal Blade allows Yurnero to purge Ethereal units during Omnislash and provides much needed agility.
- Buying a Refresher Orb allows Juggernaut to use Omnislash twice. Refresher Orb can be activated while Juggernaut is casting Omnislash. With Aghanim's scepter and maxed out Omnislash, it can dish out a total of 24 slashes, capable of wiping out a whole team that is grouped together. However, the second Omnislash should be cast after the first one finished, since casting it during an Omnislash has no effect, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Juggernaut's backstory and appearance bears many similarities to that of the Seguleh people in the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series of books by Steven Erikson.
- Juggernaut's ultimate, Omnislash, is inspired by and named after the signature move of Cloud Strife from the game Final Fantasy VII. 
- The rare line Play "Screw it, I'm going to five blades!" is a reference to an article from The Onion about the increasing number of blades put into razors.
- The line Play "My blade is swifter." is a reference to the Heroes of Newerth hero Swiftblade, the game's own equivalent of Juggernaut.
- The line Play "And then... there were none..." may be a reference to the Agatha Christie book by the same name.
- The line Play "I'm the Juggernaut, Lich!" is a play on the quote "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch.", taken from a YouTube parody featuring re-dubbed scenes from X-Men: The Animated Series.
November 18, 2014 Patch
June 14, 2013 Patch
November 30, 2012 Patch
August 15, 2012 Patch
- Fixed a bug that was causing the first tick of Healing Ward to always heal the Radiant team.
August 09, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash jumping to ancients.
- Fixed Blade Fury showing per target visual effect when hurting invis units.
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash selection aoe being slightly too big.
- Fixed Healing Ward vision radius.
April 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash jumping to couriers.
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash considering ancients as valid targets.
- Fixed Omnislash ending prematurely if a target becomes invulnerable.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Added rival death-taunts and other miscellaneous lines to flesh out dialog set for Juggernaut and Sven.
January 19, 2012 Patch
January 12, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added "Injured" walk animations for Ursa, Nature's Prophet, Juggernaut and Tiny.
December 16, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] Changed Juggernaut's model.
October 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Blade Dance working on wards.
October 06, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash not ministunning the initial target.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Healing Ward not having an AoE cursor.
- Fixed Critical Strikes (both Juggernaut's and item-based) not denying correctly.
- Added Legacy key support for Juggernaut.
September 30, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury being dispelled by stuns that ignore magic immunity.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury affecting Ancients.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash being castable on Ancients.
September 29, 2011 Patch
- Enabled Juggernaut!
June 24, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut to be able to use items and attack during Omnislash.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury to be interrupted if he is stunned (only happens for stuns that go through magic immunity).
March 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut being able to do melee damage to unitswhile Blade Furying (except for units that are not susceptible to Blade Fury like towers).
February 12, 2011 Patch
- The primary target of Omnislash is now ministunned.
- Updated Omnislash and Lightning Bolt tooltips to indicate that they ministun.
- Fixed Omnislash not hitting magic immune units.
- Juggernaut's Omnislash's secondary jumps now find magic immune enemies.
- Fixed issue with Juggernaut's Omnislash where at all levels he could do one more slash than he was supposed to be able to.
- Increased Blade Fury damage per second from 80/100/120/140 to 80/105/130/155.
- Reduced agility gain from 2.85 to 2.4.
- Rescaled Blade Fury manacost from 110 on each level to 120/110/100/90.
- Increased Healing Ward manacost from 80/100/120/140 to 120/125/130/135.
- Reduced base armor from 1 to 0 (total armor is now 3.64).
- Reduced Omnislash cast range from 450 to 350.
- Reduced Blade Fury cooldown from 30/28/26/24 to 30/27/24/21.
- Increased damage per jump from 150-250 to 175-250.
- Increased number of jumps from 3/5/8 to 3/6/9.
- Increased Aghanim's Scepter upgraded number of jumps from 5/7/10 to 6/9/12.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Increased Healing Ward max health as heal per second from 1%/2%/4%/5% to 2%/3%/4%/5%.
- Omnislash no longer wastes a strike by considering units in ethereal form in its search (fully ignorers ethereal units).
- Healing Ward
- Increased max health as heal per second from 1%/2%/3%/4% to 1%/2%/4%/5%.
- Reduced manacost from 140 on each level to 80/100/120/140.
- Reduced Blade Fury cooldown from 30 to 30/28/26/24.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Juggernaut: Increases Omnislash number of jumps from 3/5/8 to 5/7/10 and cooldown from 130/120/110 to 110/100/90.
- Changed Omnislash legacy hotkey from N to E.
- Increased base strength from 17 to 19.
- Increased movement speed from 290 to 295.
- Reduced base armor from 2 to 1 (total armor is now 3.8).
- Increased base armor from 0 to 2 (total armor is now 4.8).
- Increased base armor from -1 to 0 (total armor is now 2.8).
- Healing Ward
- Increased manacost from 125 to 140.
- Increased cooldown from 50 to 75.
- Reduced base strength and gain from from 19 + 2.2 to 17 + 1.9.
- Reduced base agility from 22 to 20.
- Fixed Roshan stopping to attack when hit by Omnislash.
- Now ends once no valid target is found within range, instead of continuing to search for targets for the full duration.
- Blade Fury
- Changed legacy hotkey from B to F.
- Increased cooldown from 18 to 30.
- Reduced number of jumps from 4/6/9 to 3/5/8.
- Increased jump interval from 0.3 to 0.4.
- Fixed Omnislash not going on cooldown sometimes when used.
- Blade Fury
- Reduced manacost from 120 to 110.
- Reduced cooldown from 20 to 18.
- Increased base strength from 17 to 19.
- Increased Omnislash number of jumps from 3/5/8 to 4/6/9.
- ↑ Cloud Strife's signature move "Omnislash", on which Juggernaut's ultimate is based of.
- ↑ The Onion article about the increasing number of blades put into razors.
- ↑ Swiftblade in Heroes of Newerth.