20 + 1.9
20 + 2.85
14 + 1.4
| Hit Points
| Attacks / Second
|Base Attack Time
Yurnero the Juggernaut is a melee agility hero whose abilities allow him to sprint into battle and recklessly devastate enemies in an impenetrable flurry of blades.
His abilities grant invulnerability and magic immunity, turning him into an unstoppable force on a hairpin. Juggernaut is strong both offensively and defensively, and deals heavy damage both physical and magical with his Blade Fury and Omnislash ultimate, but he possesses below average strength and intelligence attributes, so he does not have as much health and mana as other heroes and is vulnerable when his abilities are on cooldown. For this reason, although his abilities make him powerful even in the early game, he cannot charge into forces without restraint until farmed and is usually played as a carry.
| Yurnero, the Juggernaut
| Play "If only I could scratch my nose..."
|| Carry / Pusher
|| No one has ever seen the face hidden beneath the mask of Yurnero the Juggernaut. It is only speculation that he even has one. For defying a corrupt lord, Yurnero was exiled from the ancient Isle of Masks--a punishment that saved his life. The isle soon after vanished beneath the waves in a night of vengeful magic. He alone remains to carry on the Isle's long Juggernaut tradition, one of ritual and swordplay. The last practitioner of the art, Yurnero's confidence and courage are the result of endless practice; his inventive bladework proves that he has never stopped challenging himself. Still, his motives are as unreadable as his expression. For a hero who has lost everything twice over, he fights as if victory is a foregone conclusion.
|| David Scully (Responses)
- Instant cast.
- Yurnero can freely move at his regular move speed during Blade Fury.
- Yurnero will become magic immune and dispel various (de)buffs (including runes) for the duration of Blade Fury. Make sure to use items such as Phase Boots after activating it.
- Silences Yurnero during the duration of the spell.
- Yurnero's auto-attacks during Blade Fury do not deal damage unless the target is immune to Blade Fury's damage (e.g. buildings and siege creeps). However, on-hit effects such as Corruption, Cleave and Bash continue to occur regularly.
- Items can be activated during Blade Fury, and Blade Fury does not stop channeling items such as the Town Portal Scroll.
- Can deal up to 400/500/600/700 damage with an interval of .2 second.
| Healing Ward
| Hit Points
| Movement Speed
|| Healing Wards will not be attacked by neutral creeps.
| Healing Ward
| Target Point
| Summons a Healing Ward that heals all nearby allied units, based on their max HP. The Healing Ward can move at 450 movement speed after being summoned. Lasts 25 seconds.
| Range: 350|
Heal Per Second: 2%/3%/4%/5%
|Of the rituals learned at the Isle of Masks, tending wounds with a bit of voodoo magic has proven to be quite useful.
- Heals a total of 50%/75%/100%/125% of the hero's maximum health.
- Can be controlled.
- Multiple healing wards don't stack.
- The Healing Ward won't heal mechanical units.
- Can be targeted by Decrepify.
- The unit is treated as a ward (structure) even though mobile for the purposes of modifiers.
- In Bot matches, the ward is locked into following Juggernaut and cannot be moved freely.
- Goes through magic immunity. This includes both damage and the mini-stun to first target (which is physical).
- Each slash deals 200-225 damage, with an interval of 0.4 second. If target is alone, it will take 600-675/1200-1350/1800-2025 (1200-1350/1800-2025/2400-2700*) damage.
- Creeps are killed in one slash (unless they are ancient or player-controlled).
- Will continue to slash Ethereal units, but will not do any damage.
- Ends prematurely if the target become invisible and there are no other nearby valid targets.
- Juggernaut can use items during Omnislash.
- Juggernaut gains flying vision in 200 radius for the duration of Omnislash.
- Juggernaut gains invulnerability and is not affected by Chronosphere.
- Juggernaut can auto-attack while jumping around, triggering on-hit effects. He must be given an attack command to do so.
- While the slashes can't be evaded, any auto-attacks during the Omnislash can.
- The buff is not applied until after the first hit. Juggernaut is completely invulnerable under the effects of the buff.
- Force Staff can end Omnislash if it is used on the target at least 0.10 seconds before the next slash, pushing it out of the 425 check range. This must be timed even sooner if Juggernaut is in front of the target.
 Recommended items
- Tangos and Healing Salves provide healing to keep Juggernaut alive in the lane.
- Clarity will allow you to regain mana from early usage of Blade Fury.
- Iron Branch gives +1 to all attributes, increasing survivability and mana pool. Because of Juggernaut's low mana pool, an early Iron Branch gives the possibility of casting both Blade Fury and Omnislash back to back. It can later be upgraded into a Magic Wand.
- Slippers of Agility gives Juggernaut additional damage, allowing him to get easier last hits and denies in lane. They can later be upgraded to a Poor Man's Shield.
- Boots of Speed give a passive speed boost, offering better escape and catch-up. They can later be built into Arcane Boots.
- Poor Man's Shield helps Juggernaut against harassment, and saves up space while retaining the +6 agility from the Slippers of Agility.
- Magic Stick is a useful burst healing/mana item if the enemies in lane will be casting many spells. It can later be built into a Magic Wand.
- Bracer gives a minor attributes bonus and builds into a drum later.
- Phase Boots provide even more mobility with the Phase ability, and increases his damage significantly. The bonus movement speed is helpful when catching enemy heroes while using Blade Fury.
- Magic Wand is good for burst health and mana while providing bonus attributes compared to the Magic Stick.
- Drum of Endurance provides a great attribute bonus for its price as well as bonus movement speed and attack speed. It not only allows easier catch up when using Blade Fury, but the increased mana pool allows Juggernaut to cast Blade Fury multiple times before returning to the fountain.
- Aghanim's Scepter improves the number of Omnislash jumps, vastly improves the ability to gank and participate in team fights. In addition, it also gives additional health and a significant attribute bonus.
- Town Portal Scroll are essential for cross-map transportation. TP scrolls allow Juggernaut to return to lane quicker after a death, meaning he misses out on less experience in the lane. They can also be used to quickly jump into a fight or defend a tower in a different lane.
- Sange and Yasha provides a good strength, agility, and movement speed boost, all of which are helpful to Juggernaut's play style. The maim can also be useful when slowing fleeing enemies. Maim can even occur while attacking during Blade Fury, despite attacks dealing no damage.
- Butterfly gives an enormous boost to his damage, attack speed, and armor, as well as having the ability to evade physical attacks. It greatly increasing the physical damage Juggernaut can take, while Blade Fury protects against the magical damage. The increased attack speed also allows Blade Dance to occur more frequently.
- Desolator reduces the target's armor, increasing not only the damage from both your attacks and Omnislash. It can also be effective for pushing since this effect works on towers.
- Battle Fury is an item that can be very strong to buy: it can be used to farm quickly, clear lane creeps, and it can greatly increase your damage in team fights. The bonus health is helpful when jungling, and the bonus mana regeneration allows Juggernaut to use Blade Fury with less worry about mana.
- Vladmir's Offering is a handy item to have for supporting the team, granting several bonuses including lifesteal, however only to allied melee heroes. This is also an effective way to sustain in the jungle.
- Black King Bar is helpful when the enemy team has more magical damage than Blade Fury can protect. Unlike Blade Fury, the Black King Bar also allows Juggernaut to attack while active, and has a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
- Blade Fury allows the Juggernaut to deal massive amounts of damage early game, especially if you take Boots of Speed early on or have a teammate with a disable. Always try to lane with heroes such as Crystal Maiden, Lion, Venomancer and Shadow Shaman to increase your potential. If you have boots, and the enemy does not, look to be aggressive with Blade Fury.
- Blade Fury can be used as an escape mechanism due to its magic immunity. Using it alongside Healing Ward can result in escaping even the most difficult situations.
- Blade Fury works great in combination with the Move command. After starting Blade Fury, use the Move command on the enemy hero to automatically follow him and maximize the spell's damage output.
- Omnislash works best if you catch an enemy hero away from their creeps. Time it well to avoid wasting hits on creeps, and ensure your enemy doesn't have any blink or invisibility spells, as those will cause your ultimate to not affect them.
- Healing Ward is a great way to keep pushes going and heal yourself. Make sure you don't neglect it!
- Taking the Attribute Bonus rather than Healing Ward and Blade Dance at very early levels may be a good idea due to your high mana costs and lack of survivability. Focusing on attributes and Blade Fury up until you can get Omnislash makes you far more viable in survivability and mana management.
- Do not be fooled into thinking you are hard to kill while using Blade Fury. Enemies who have a high amount of physical damage, such as Drow Ranger or Sven, will be able to deal heavy damage to you even if you are under Blade Fury's effects.
- Watch out for any enemy hero/heroes who have the ability to become Ethereal. Ethereal heroes caught by Omnislash will be left unhurt and will only cause you to waste precious slashes.
- Experienced Juggernaut players can use a Blink Dagger in order to continue an Omnislash if there are targets some distance away. However, the item must be used after a slash.
- Omnislash is Cloud Strife's signature move from the game Final Fantasy VII.
- The rare line "Screw it, I'm going to five blades!" is a reference to an article from The Onion about the increasing number of blades put into razors.
- The line "My blade is swifter" may also be a subtle reference to the Heroes of Newerth hero Swiftblade, the game's own equivalent of Juggernaut.
- The line "And then... there were none" may be a reference to the Agatha Christie book by the same name.
 Update history
June 14, 2013 Patch
November 30, 2012 Patch
August 15, 2012 Patch
- Fixed a bug that was causing the first tick of Healing Ward to always heal the Radiant team.
August 09, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash jumping to ancients.
- Fixed Blade Fury showing per target visual effect when hurting invis units.
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash selection aoe being slightly too big.
- Fixed Healing Ward vision radius.
April 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash jumping to couriers.
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash considering ancients as valid targets.
- Fixed Omnislash ending prematurely if a target becomes invulnerable.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Added rival death-taunts and other miscellaneous lines to flesh out dialog set for Juggernaut and Sven.
January 19, 2012 Patch
January 12, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added "Injured" walk animations for Ursa, Nature's Prophet, Juggernaut and Tiny.
December 16, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] Changed Juggernaut's model.
October 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Blade Dance working on wards.
October 06, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash not ministunning the initial target.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Healing Ward not having an AoE cursor.
- Fixed Critical Strikes (both Juggernaut's and item-based) not denying correctly.
- Added Legacy key support for Juggernaut.
September 30, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury being dispelled by stuns that ignore magic immunity.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury affecting Ancients.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash being castable on Ancients.
September 29, 2011 Patch
- Enabled Juggernaut!
June 24, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut to be able to use items and attack during Omnislash.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury to be interrupted if he is stunned (only happens for stuns that go through magic immunity).
March 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut being able to do melee damage to unitswhile Blade Furying (except for units that are not susceptible to Blade Fury like towers).
February 12, 2011 Patch
- The primary target of Omnislash is now ministunned.
- Updated Omnislash and Lightning Bolt tooltips to indicate that they ministun.
- Fixed Omnislash not hitting magic immune units.
- Juggernaut's Omnislash's secondary jumps now find magic immune enemies.
- Fixed issue with Juggernaut's Omnislash where at all levels he could do one more slash than he was supposed to be able to.
 Balance changelog
- Omnislash damage per slash rescaled from 175-250 to 200-225.
- Base Attack Time improved from 1.5 to 1.4.
- Base attack time decreased from 1.6 to 1.5.
- Blade Fury cooldown reduced from 30/28/26/24 to 30/27/24/21.
- Healing Ward movement speed increased from 300 to 450.
- Scepter cooldown reduced from 110/100/90 to 70.
- No longer stops if the target is Ethereal (it still doesn't do damage).
- Base attack time decreased from 1.7 to 1.6.
- Omnislash now kills creeps and neutrals in 1 hit (This does not include player controlled units or ancients).
- Omnislash now gives Juggernaut 200 flying vision during its duration.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Blade Dance critical strike chance rescaled from 10/20/25/35% to 15/20/25/35%.
- Healing Ward regeneration rescaled from 1/2/4/5 to 2/3/4/5%.
- Omnislash no longer wastes a strike by considering banished units in its search.
- Healing Ward manacost rescaled from 140 to 80/100/120/140.
- Healing Ward regeneration increased from 1/2/3/4% to 1/2/4/5%.
- Blade Fury cooldown reduced from 30 to 30/28/26/24.
- Added Juggernaut to Aghanim's Scepter. Improves Slash Count and Cooldown (+2 slashes, -20 cd).
- Improved Juggernaut's movement speed.
- Undid previous Jugg armor buff.
- Increased starting strength by 3 and movement speed from 290 to 295.
- Increased Yurnero's base armor.
 See also