Jakiro the Twin Head Dragon is a ranged intelligence hero who utilizes the powers of ice and fire with powerful linear area spells. He can freeze enemies in place with Ice Path, or slow them down with Dual Breath. He is capable of dealing heavy damage throughout the game by locking enemies inside his Macropyre, and provides great pushing power with Liquid Fire.
With high base attribute gain and relatively low mana costs, he requires few items to be effective. Jakiro is a support who can continually turn battles in his favor with good positioning. His high strength gain makes him a bit tougher than most spellcasters and his low cooldowns ensure that his downtime is very minuscule, making him a great hero for ganks, pushes and clashes across the battlefield.
Bio[edit | edit source]
|Jakiro, the Twin Head Dragon|
|Play "Two sides of the same coin."|
|Role:||Support / Nuker / Pusher / Disabler|
|Lore:||Even among magical beasts, a twin-headed dragon is a freak. Equal parts ice and fire, cunning and rage, the creature known as Jakiro glides over charred and ice-bound battlefields, laying waste to any who would bear arms against it. Pyrexae dragon clutches always contain two fledglings. Famous for their viciousness even from the first moments of life, newly hatched dragons of this species will try to kill their sibling while still in the nest. Only the strongest survive. In this way is the strength of the Pyrexae line ensured. By some accident of nature, the freak Jakiro hatches from a single egg, combining in a single individual the full range of abilities found within the diverse Pyrexae species. Trapped within the armature of its monstrous body, the powers of ice and fire combine, and now no enemy is safe.|
|Voice:||Dave Fennoy (Responses)|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Targeting a unit causes the breaths to be released towards the unit's position.
- Both the icy and fiery wave travel at a speed of 1050.
- The fiery breath is released 0.3 seconds after the icy breath is released.
- This means it is possible for enemies to be hit by only one of the breaths, by getting in or out of range of the second breath.
- The complete area of both breaths are shaped like a cone.
- Jakiro cannot move until the fiery breath is released. However, he can cast spells, use items and turn before it's released.
- Deals 10/20/30/40 ( 27.5/37.5/47.5/57.5) damage in 0.5 second intervals, starting 0.5 second after the damaging debuff is placed, resulting in 10 instances.
- Can deal up to 100/200/300/400 ( 275/375/475/575) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Despite the visual effects, the path's effects do not have to travel, and are instantly applied after the 0.5 second delay.
- The Ice Path starts 12 range in front of Jakiro and has a length of 1200 ( 1325).
- Enemy units which come within 150 radius of the path while it is up get stunned and damaged by it.
- The stun lasts as long as the remaining duration of the path itself.
- The path grants 150 range flying vision along the path for its duration.
- Liquid Fire can be disjointed.
- Disjointing it, or becoming invulnerable upon impact completely nullifies the effects, including the area slow and damage.
- Casting Liquid Fire manually uses the 600 ( 1000) cast range. Attacking normally with Liquid Fire on autocast uses Jakiro's default 400 ( 800) attack range.
- Successive casts of Liquid Fire do not stack, but refresh the debuff instead.
- Deals 6/8/10/12 damage in 0.5 second intervals (before reductions), starting 0.5 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 10 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 60/80/100/120 damage to a single target (before reductions).
- When off cooldown, the fire head's mouth drools fire (visible to everyone) and Jakiro starts using his fire head for attack animations until Liquid Fire is used.
- Instantly applies its effects over the whole distance. Does not have any travel speed.
- The fire starts 234 range in front of Jakiro and has a length of 1166 ( 1291) ( 1566, 1691).
- Deals 50/70/90 ( 62.5/87.5/112.5) damage in 0.5 second intervals (before reductions), starting 0.5 seconds after cast, resulting in 20 ( 60) damage instances.
- Can deal up to 1000/1400/1800 ( 3750/5250/6750) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- The path destroys trees within 260 range along the path upon cast.
Talents[edit | edit source]
|+1.25s Ice Path Duration||25||-50s Respawn Time|
|+150 Gold/Min||20||+400 Attack Range|
|+35 Dual Breath Burn Damage||15||+125 Cast Range|
|+8% Spell Amplification||10||+25% XP Gain|
- The cast range increase also affects the effect ranges of Dual Breath, Ice Path and Macropyre.
- The cast range increase does not affect Liquid Fire.
- Gold granted from the talent is unreliable gold.
- The attack range talent also affects the cast range of Liquid Fire.
- Respawn reductions cannot reduce respawn time below 1 second.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Tango and Healing Salve offer cheap health regeneration during the laning phase, allowing Jakiro to stay longer in lane and get the experience he needs.
- Clarity allows Jakiro to replenish his mana over time, allowing him to harass enemies using his spells more, with less worry of running low on mana.
- Iron Branches increase Jakiro's overall survivability by providing additional attribute bonuses for a very cheap price.
- Animal Courier is a good item for a support to purchase. Because of Jakiro's relatively small need for gold in the early game, he can help the team by purchasing team-related items, such as the Animal Courier or Observer Wards.
- Boots of Speed provide a significant bonus to Jakiro's movement speed, which is essential to help catch up to fleeing heroes or escape from danger himself. They can later be upgraded into Arcane Boots to help with Jakiro's mana.
- Magic Stick is a useful item to have when the enemy team has many spell casters in the early game. Because of its active ability Energy Charge, enemies who cast many spells will quickly fill the wand with charges, offering a later burst of health and mana.
- Ring of Basilius gives mana regeneration and armor to Jakiro, bolstering his high mana usage and low base armor.
- Soul Ring allows Jakiro to cast Dual Breath freely at the cost of health.
- Magic Wand is a cost effective upgrade from Magic Stick by both increasing the maximum amount of charges from Energy Charge, as well as providing additional attribute bonuses.
- Veil of Discord's active ability Magic Weakness increases the damage enemies take from spells cast by Jakiro and his team. It also gives good attribute bonuses, costs less than Aghanim's Scepter, and benefits all of his abilities.
- Arcane Boots are essential for Jakiro, as the additional mana pool allows him to cast his spells more frequently. The active ability Replenish Mana is also helpful to sustain Jakiro's spell usage, as well as help nearby teammates. Guardian Greaves is a natural path to upgrade to since Jakiro is commonly played as a support hero.
- Observer Wards are useful for the team, providing sight to key areas around the map. As a support hero requiring less gold to be successful, Jakiro is a prime choice to purchase them.
- Town Portal Scroll is extremely useful for transportation across the map. After death, it can be used to quickly return to lane and not miss out on creep experience. After the laning phase, carrying one can prove helpful as both an escape mechanism and a quick way to help allied heroes across the map.
- Mekansm is highly recommended, as Jakiro is commonly played as a support hero, and it goes hand in hand with his natural build of Arcane Boots into Guardian Greaves.
- Pipe of Insight is another great item to buy as a support. If the enemy has a large amount of spell casters, it is advised that Jakiro or another allied support buy one to increase the team's overall survivability. It also provides Jakiro with a large amount of passive health regeneration, meaning he can return to base less frequently and earn more experience on the battlefield. It is advised to only carry one per team, as the damage block effects do not stack.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity provides intelligence and mana regeneration at a cost effective price, and it gives Jakiro an active ability that allows him to land his spells easier. A well-timed Ice Path to follow up will guarantee the target is stunned as they fall from the cyclone. The active can also be used on himself to dispel any debuffs or silences that happen to be placed on him.
- Rod of Atos' long-ranged root can set up Ice Path as well as Jakiro's other abilities. The bonus mana and health also help Jakiro's survivability.
- Blink Dagger allows Jakiro to initiate teamfights much easier, along with the added ability to travel the map quicker and offers quick escape from incoming enemies. However it is not a guaranteed escape item, as taking damage will disable the ability to blink for 3 seconds.
- Force Staff acts more as an escape item compared to Blink Dagger, as it can be used while taking damage. It can also be used on allies if they need to chase after a kill or escape from danger themselves.
- Aether Lens' cast range increase helps Jakiro maintain a safe distance during fights. Because almost all of his abilities affect the whole area between him and the maximum cast range, this also greatly increases the area in which enemies may be hit.
- Aghanim's Scepter greatly increases the effectiveness of Jakiro's Macropyre by prolonging the duration and increasing the damage of his ultimate, as well as much needed stats to remedy his health and mana pools.
- Guardian Greaves allows a slot to be freed, provides a steady supply of health and mana regeneration to the team, and increases Jakiro's survivability.
- Shiva's Guard provides a massive increase to Jakiro's mana pool and resistance to physical attacks. The active ability Arctic Blast provides additional damage in a teamfight and slows enemies, making Jakiro's abilities easier to hit. Freezing Aura helps reduce damage from enemy carries by slowing their attack speed.
- Scythe of Vyse provides a great disable with its active ability, Hex. It also provides a great increase in Jakiro's mana and mana regeneration, as well as all around attributes to help with his survivability.
- Octarine Core greatly increases Jakiro's survivability by not only giving him all round health and mana boosts, but also by allowing his spells to lifesteal a portion of their damage. In addition, the cooldown reduction dramatically increases his damage and crowd control in teamfights.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- At level 6, you may opt to skip your ultimate if you don't have Arcane Boots yet, as the crowd control it provides compared to spamming all of your other abilities is far less efficient for its mana cost.
- Leveling Ice Path over Liquid Fire and Dual Breath is not advisable for early game impact, as each Ice Path only adds 0.4 seconds of duration and -1 second of cooldown, with no additional damage.
- If you intend to max out Liquid Fire by level 7, you may want to opt for different boots, as you may not be consuming enough mana for Arcane Boots to be truly useful. Instead, you can go for Phase Boots for mobility and damage, Power Treads for durability and attack speed, Tranquil Boots for HP regen and mobility, or even keep your brown boots for upgrading to Boots of Travel later, giving you split-pushing potential, and ensuring your presence in teamfights.
- The huge range and lasting area effect of Ice Path make it roughly analogous to Earthshaker's Fissure. It is an amazing spell for opening up opportunities to fight or to shut down aggression. It doesn't do much damage, however.
- If another hero in your team is already getting Mekansm, you can instead buy a Veil of Discord to not only boost your already high magical damage, but your teammates' as well.
- Liquid Fire is a spell with a smaller area of effect but has the largest damage growth (the DPS for all four levels roughly doubles for each level and the DPS is as follows: 3.75/6.67/12.5/30), but its effect is free additional damage and provides an attack speed slow, and should be prioritized during the early game, as it can be kept active on a target constantly when maxed out.
- Hits with Liquid Fire are very useful for tower pushing, as it reduces the tower's attack speed. It does enough damage to towers that even hit-and-runs with Liquid Fire can reduce tower health significantly.
- It is also suitable for pushing lane creeps in the same way, although players should not expect to push down waves in the same way as other, more powerful lane control spells. Instead, they should use it in conjunction with Dual Breath and use the combined damage over time to push the lane.
- When you can afford it, the movement slow from Shiva's Guard's active can be stacked with Dual Breath to maximize the time your enemies spend inside a Macropyre.
- Combine Macropyre with spells that keep the enemy in place as long as possible, such as Chronosphere, Black Hole, Upheaval or Duel. It does not guarantee damage without these effects, and is a fairly low damage spell, so chaining it with other spells is necessary for any real effect.
- This also works to counter enemy spells and melee heroes that require they stay in an area; throw Macropyre from outside Chronosphere, for example, to dissuade Void from attacking your teammates.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Jakiro currently has no equipment.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jakiro's fun/alternate name was Double Dragon, referring to the video game franchise developed by Technos Japan.