Namespaces

Variants

Share

Share
Views
Actions
Competitive Scene

Item passive stacking

From Dota 2 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Rearm icon.pngThis article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: none given

Item passive stacking describes the interactions between multiple items that have similar effects. The stacking of items fall into different categories, and the stacking of each category is handled differently.

Contents

[edit] Independent stacking

Items that stack independently do not interfere with each other in any way. If a Hero has two Monkey King Bars, each attack will trigger two separate chances to mini-bash, giving a 45.50% chance of one mini-bash and a 12.25% chance of two mini-bashes.

[edit] Chance stacking

Items that chance stack are each given an opportunity to apply their effects, in order of highest effect to lowest.

  • If a Hero buys both a Crystalys and a Daedalus, on every hit the Hero has a 20% chance of proccing a critical attack from Daedalus, a 15% chance from Crystalys, and a 5% chance of proccing both. Unlike the independent stacking, Daedalus overrides the Crystalys in the last case, because it has a higher critical damage multiplier and only one critical can proc on one hit.
  • You have a Vanguard and then get a Stout Shield (on a melee hero): Since the Vanguard has a better block effect, you have a 80% chance to block 40 damage, an 12% chance to take 20 less damage and 8% chance to take normal damage.
  • If a hero has a Butterfly (35% Evasion) and Heaven's Halberd (25% Evasion) then the hero has a 51.25% chance to evade and a 48.75% chance to be hit.

[edit] Items that do not stack

[edit] Bloodstone

Multiple Bloodstones do not reduce respawn time further. Only the Bloodstone in the highest priority slot works.

  • Priority slots are as follows:
1 2 3
4 5 6

[edit] Skull Basher

The strength and damage components of multiple Skull Bashers will independently stack, but the bash chance will not.

[edit] Magic resistance

Magic resistance from Cloak, Hood of Defiance, or Pipe of Insight do not stack. Only the latest acquired works.

[edit] Auras

Auras do not stack with themselves, since they place a buff on the unit. Only the aura with the highest value will work. Note that some items share a specific aura (Ring of Basilius and Vladmir's Offering). In this case, only Vladimir's Offering's mana regeneration aura and armor aura will work.

[edit] Unique Attack Modifiers

An attack can only have one Unique Attack Modifier. Priority and exceptions are explained here.