From Dota 2 Wiki
| Iron Talon|
|A simple but effective weapon devised to quell a great Hellbear uprising.|
- When targeting a unit, it deals damage based on the target's current health.
- Cannot target any player-controlled units or ancient creeps.
- Uses the shorter cast range and long cooldown when targeting units.
- The sound only plays when targeting units.
- When targeting a tree or ward, it instantly destroys it.
- Targeting a tree puts the item on a 4 second cooldown, instead of 20 seconds.
- Can target any tree, including Sprout trees.
- Can also target Observer Wards, Sentry Wards and Techies' Stasis Traps and Remote Mines.
- Uses the shorter cast range for trees and longer cast range for wards, and the short cooldown for both.
Attack Damage Bonus (Melee): 24
Attack Damage Bonus (Ranged): 7
- The bonus damage does not apply when attacking friendly units (i.e. denying own creeps).
- When the owner's attack type changes to ranged or melee, the attack damage bonus adapts immediately.
- Quell fully works with crits, cleaves and lifesteal. When having cleave, attacking a creep cleaves the increased damage in the area.
- Elder Dragon Form's splash also splashes the increased damage when attacking a creep.
- The damage Moon Glaive bounces are not increased, since they are based on the attacker's attack damage value.
- Psi Blades will spread the increased damage when attacking a creep.
- Heroes who intend to jungle or farm a little faster in lane will do well with Iron Talon.
- Use the active in the jungle against the creep with the most current HP in the middle and hard camp.
- You can use the active to secure your last hit, it is useful if your tower is hitting enemy creep and you are missing damage to get the last hit.
- It is good on a ranged jungler for the active.