Huskar the Sacred Warrior is a ranged strength hero who is an effective ganker and carry, with both great benefits and risks offered. He is known to be a powerful adversary in most games, as his damage per second can easily kill other heroes at any point in the game assuming no one is nearby to save them. Unlike most heroes, he does not use mana much to use his abilities, rather, he sacrifices his own health to inflict the highest damage possible. His passive Berserker's Blood defines the power of sacrifice; he gets more dangerous the more he gets hurt. This gives him increased magic resistance and attack speed depending how much life is missing, and the given magic resistance and attack speed are staggering, potentially having the highest damage output in the earliest stage. Huskar can use his own life force to attack using Burning Spears which scorches foes and gives him an advantage early on. Due to the health cost of Burning Spears, his Berserker's Blood activates, granting him the ability to decimate any target. Inner Vitality magically heals Huskar or his allies, regenerating health each second based upon the target's primary attribute, and heals more when the health is on a critical level. His Life Break is his most dangerous ability and a risky one too. Charging towards his target, Huskar sheds a large amount of life force to cut a target's current health to fractions. This is great to use as an initiation spell, as it deals immense damage based on the target's current health, breaking it down, allowing Huskar and his allies to feel the pain that the Sacred Warrior felt. Courageous and fearless, Huskar is powerful at any stage of the game and is willing to suffer and face death, for him to contribute and deliver a marvelous victory to his team.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Unlocks the regenerative power of a friendly unit, with healing based upon its primary attribute. If the target is below 40%, it will heal faster. Lasts 16 seconds.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 800
Health Regen Bonus: 10
Main Attribute as Regen above Threshold: 5%/10%/15%/20%
Main Attribute as Regen below Threshold: 20%/40%/60%/80%
Health Threshold: 40%
Inner Vitality: Dispellable with any dispel.
|While Huskar has little use for magic, this minor enchantment was learned from the Dazzle and the Dezun priests, to be used in times of great injury.|
- The health percentage and the primary stats are checked periodically and the regeneration adjusted instantly.
- Restores in the form of regeneration, so it regenerates 0.1 + of primary attribute in 0.1 seconds intervals.
- Over the full duration it heals 160 health and between 80%/160%/240%/320% to 320%/640%/960%/1280% of the target's primary attribute.
- Can be cast on creep-heroes, applying only the base regen on them, since they have no attributes.
|Huskar sets his spears aflame, dealing damage over time with his regular attack. Multiple attacks will stack additional damage. Each attack drains some of Huskar's health. Lasts 8 seconds.|
|Cast Range: 450|
Health Cost: 15
Damage per Second: 5/10/15/20
Burning Spear Counter: Undispellable.
Burning Spear Debuff: Undispellable.
|The Sacred Warrior ignites his weaponry after marking it with his own blood - causing far greater pain than he himself feels.|
- Damage type on self is HP Removal.
- Huskar cannot kill himself using this ability.
- Uses Huskar's 400 attack range when using autocast. Manually casting it uses the 450 cast range.
- Burning Spear stacks additively when used multiple times on one target.
- Each attack places the debuff on the target.
- The number of debuffs are summed up and displayed as one icon on the affected enemy.
- A number on the icon reveals the amount of stacks. The number is visible to everyone.
- Every instance's duration is completely independent from other instances. They do not prolong or refresh each other.
- The debuff is only placed once and refreshed with successive casts.
- The debuff deals damage equal to 5/10/15/20 times the number of stacks, starting 1 second after the debuff was applied.
- Deals a total of 40/80/120/160 damage per Burning Spear instance (before reductions).
|Huskar's injuries feed his power, giving increased attack speed and magic damage resistance based on missing health.|
|Max Attack Speed Bonus: 220/260/300/340|
Max Magic Resistance Bonus: 20%/30%/40%/50%
|After losing his birthright, Huskar gained a lethality in physical combat that is only heightened as his own blood is spilled.|
- Huskar's size increases the closer he gets to the max bonuses of Berserker's Blood, up to 35%.
- Although not visible in the HUD due to it no showing enough decimals, each missing point of health grants bonuses.
- No bonuses are applied at 100% health and the maximum is applied when strictly below 10% health.
- The health percentage is checked periodically and the effects adapted instantly.
- Increases Huskar's total magic resistance to 40%/47.5%%/55%/62.50% when below 10% health.
|Huskar draws upon his health to break an enemy's life, leaping at a target within attack range to shatter a percentage of that hero's current health, and slowing them. While leaping, Huskar is spell immune.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 550
Current Health as Cost: 35%
Target's Current Health as Damage: 35% ( 65%)
Move Speed Slow: 40%/50%/60%
Slow Duration: 4/5/6
Life Break Charge: Undispellable.
Life Break Slow: Dispellable with any dispel.
|No matter the danger, Huskar thrusts himself into melees that only he can survive.|
- Huskar leaps at a speed of 1000 and cannot be disjointed.
- Applies a basic dispel on Huskar upon cast.
- Upon cast, Huskar receives the buff, which lasts for 5 seconds or until reaching the target, whichever is shorter.
- Huskar can use items and spells during the leap. However, position changing effects like Blink Dagger cancel it.
- The damage to self is magical as well. Thus, it can be reduced by magic resistance (including the effect from Berserker's Blood).
- The self-damage is not lethal, no matter how strong it gets amplified. Huskar cannot deny himself with Life Break.
- If Huskar is disabled during the leap or the distance between the target and Huskar becomes more than 1400, the leap stops.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Tangoes and a Healing Salve help Huskar to regain lost health from Burning Spear.
- Gauntlets of Strength give extra attack damage and health to draw from when using Burning Spear. They also build into Urn of Shadows.
- Boots of Speed give a nice movement speed boost.
- Magic Stick helps Huskar recover health in a pinch.
- Urn of Shadows helps Huskar to restore health after a gank.
- Armlet of Mordiggian provides every stat that Huskar needs to be more effective and its Unholy Strength provides a way for Huskar to control his health. If you are able to practice armlet toggling, it will drastically improve Huskar's damage output and allow him to use it to survive fights as long as there is no Heartstopper Aura or Radiance Aura or you are not afflicted by any DPS debuff. An important fact to remember is that its active ability also adds to Inner Vitality's regeneration.
- Black King Bar will cause Huskar to take no self-damage from Life Break, allowing him to use it to initiate with little risk of dying.
- Satanic allows Huskar to sustain his health while under focus from the enemy team. It provides strength, armor and 25% lifesteal. Its active could also be used in a pinch to keep yourself from dying.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives a massive HP regen bonus from Inner Vitality, it allows Huskar to keep Unholy Strength active indefinitely and it gives enough health to allow you to be at a low enough percentage to increase stacks from your Berserker's Blood but not low enough to be bursted down. This also complements an Aghanim's Scepter pickup as it will allow you to use Life Break sparingly, even against Roshan or creeps.
- Assault Cuirass gives protection from physical damage, which synergizes well with Berserker's Blood which gives magic resistance.
- Aghanim's Scepter increases the effectiveness of Life Break.
- Shadow Blade makes Huskar into a much better ganker. It also gives attack speed for more Burning Spear stacks.
- Heaven's Halberd gives some strength and evasion, and it is also able to disarm an attacking enemy.
- Maelstrom or Mjollnir is a good item to pick to proc Chain Lightning as much as possible and to increase your farming potential.
- Diffusal Blade is a decent item if against low mana pool heroes such as Wraith King to prevent them from using their abilities. However, this is not recommended as it does not provide either strength or damage and is quite a hefty investment.
- Monkey King Bar is a good pickup due to its 35% chance to deal a 100 damage mini-stun and if against heroes with evasion like Phantom Assassin, Brewmaster or any carry who is planning to or already built evasion items like Heaven's Halberd or Butterfly.
- Skull Basher and Abyssal Blade are also viable items because Huskar will proc Bash at a decent rate due to his attack speed. When Skull Basher is upgraded to Abyssal Blade, he can make use of Overwhelm after using Life Break. Keep in mind that melee carries will still proc it more even if you have the same attack speed, you do however have the range advantage.
- Black King Bar is important to keep in mind on Huskar since you do not lose a percentage of your health when you use your ultimate while spell immune.
- Helm of Iron Will could be bought first when planning on building a Helm of the Dominator. Due to Huskar's reliance on Burning Spears for damage and not from physical basic attacks which you rarely use against creeps in lane, an early Helm of Iron Will offers more benefits than buying an early Morbid Mask and will allow Huskar to regenerate more in the laning phase. You can even buy 2 Helms if you plan to build an Armlet of Mordiggian too, a +10 in armor and the bonus 6 HP regeneration will reduce damage in the laning phase significantly and will allow you to spam Burning Spear.
- Platemail will drastically improve Huskar's survivability and can be used to build an Assault Cuirass or a Shiva's Guard or both if you plan to stack armor. Since Huskar is already durable against magic damage, Stacking armor will help reduce his second biggest weakness which is physical damage. However, against a pure damage heavy lineup, stacking strength or HP items is still the better solution.
- Sange and its upgrades Sange and Yasha,and Heaven's Halberd provides a good amount of strength to cost ratio and gives a fair amount of utility.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Huskar's name might be derived from the Old Norse word "Huskarl", the title given to the highly-skilled bodyguards of important Norse lords and kings.
- His name might also be derived from Huáscar Inca, a leader of the Inca Empire in the 16th century. Huskar's lore also connects him to Dazzle, who is a Shadow Priest (fits in the Native American shaman role).
- Before 6.79, you could use a Ghost Scepter and then manually cast Burning Spear on enemies. You would take little magic damage since the magic resistance provided by Berserker's Blood reduced the incoming magic damage significantly, while also being immune to physical damage because of the ethereal state.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Low Violence model