Huskar the Sacred Warrior is a ranged Strength hero who is an effective ganker and carry, with both great benefits and risks offered. He is known to be a powerful adversary in most games, as his damage per second can easily kill other heroes at any point in the game assuming no one is near by to save them. Unlike most heroes, he doesn't use mana much to use his abilities, rather, he sacrifices his own health to inflict the highest damage possible. His passive Berserker's Blood defines the power of sacrifice; he gets more dangerous the more he gets hurt. This gives him increased magic resistance and attack speed depending how much life is missing, and the given magic resistance and attack speed are staggering, potentially having the highest damage output in the earliest stage. Huskar can use his own life force to attack using Burning Spears which scorches foes and gives him an advantage early on. Due to the health cost of Burning Spears, his Berserker's Blood sets on, granting him power to decimate any target. Inner Vitality magically heals Huskar after he is injured, regenerating health each second based upon its primary attribute, and heals more when the health is on a critical level. It can be used to heal allies as well. His Life Break is his most dangerous ability and a risky one too. Charging towards his target, Huskar sheds a large amount of life force to cut a target's current HP to fractions. This is great to use as an initiation spell, as it deals immense damage based on the target's current health, breaking it down, allowing Huskar and his allies to feel the pain that the Sacred Warrior felt. Courageous and fearless, Huskar is powerful at any stage of the game, and is willing to suffer and face death, for him to contribute and deliver a marvelous victory to his team.
 Recommended items
- Remember that Huskar becomes more powerful with less health, but can still die. Figure out when enough is enough.
- You can use Inner Vitality on yourself before jumping into a fight to counteract the damage you take.
- Burning Spear and Life Break both use up health, and feed your Berserker's Blood.
- Remember that Burning Spears will stack on an enemy. Switch it to auto-attack and burn them down!
- Life Break lowers the target's current HP to 1/2 (1/3 if upgraded), and lets Huskar jump to his target immediately. Consider between chasing a wounded enemy and dealing damage to a tough one.
- You should be warned not to use your ultimate on a hero who has an active magic immunity or else you lose a percentage of your health while the target does not. However, the slow will still pass through magic immunity.
- Huskar's Berserker's Blood increases your survivability significantly. At 30% health, and level 4 Berserker's Blood, you have 83% magic resistance, allowing you to keep your HP in place while taking physical attacks if you have lifesteal and decent damage from items. It is also worth noting that with enough stacks and HP left, it can help you survive execution spells that deal magic damage such as Sniper's Assassinate and Necrophos' Reaper's Scythe.
- Black King Bar is important to keep in mind on Huskar since you don't lose a percentage of your health when you use your ultimate, and allows you to kill pure damage based Heroes like Timbersaw without the risk of death.
- Some players only level Burning Spears to level 1 (for early harassment), and then go on to max Berserker's blood and pick up an early Morbid Mask (later Helm of the Dominator and eventually Satanic). You will absorb more HP and deal more damage the lower your hp is, and the Helm of the Dominator is a great tool for jungling, but ever since latest buff to Burning Spears, this build (or not taking the ability at all) is considered outdated.
- Huskar is effective at dealing with lone targets, but often time struggles when enemies are grouped up. Don't get too cocky, even if you can take on anybody on the enemy team. It's usually best to let somebody else initiate, and then come into the fight when the enemies are spread out, that way, you can take them on one at a time and most likely win each of the duels.
- Use Inner Vitality before you use Life Break because Inner Vitality has a fairly long duration.
- While with Berserker's Blood Huskar is nigh impossible to kill by spell casters, be very cautious of pure damage and HP removal. Dealing with heroes such as Bane and Timbersaw can result in death, as using Life Break in their presence can have dire consequences, since their spells aren't reduced by magic resistance.
- Also beware that despite his agility gain Huskar's armor is relatively low even until the middle stages of the game and thus if your ultimate is used carelessly the enemy team will only require one or two disables to allow their own carries to kill you. In this respect you must pay special attention to heroes with long duration disables such as Bane, Alchemist, Shadow Shaman, Dragon Knight etc.
- As Life Break deals Magical damage to an enemy relative to his current HP, it is possible through damage amplification to kill any enemy in one hit provided it is not magic immune or has access to very high Magical resistance (e.g. Spell Shield).
- It is possible to use certain combinations of items and heroes together with Huskar to kill any hero instantly. For example applying the effects of Veil of Discord, Ethereal Blade, Orchid Malevolence to a target and then hitting them with an Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Life Break will cause an instant death. However building all these utility items onto Huskar himself will destroy a great deal of his carry potential. This same effect can be achieved using Shadow Demon's Soul Catcher instead of Veil of Discord or Pugna's Decrepify instead of Ethereal Blade.
- When faced with fed physical damage dealing carries and you have no counter-pick on your team, it is wise to build items that specifically counter them so that you can duel them such as Heaven's Halberd or in special cases Orchid Malevolence for heroes with escapes like Storm Spirit or Anti-Mage.
- Huskar's name might be derived from the old Norse word "Huskarl", the title given to the highly-skilled bodyguards of important Norse lords and kings.
- His name might also be derived from Huáscar Inca, a leader of the Inca Empire in the 16th century. Huskar's lore also connects him to Dazzle, who is a Shadow Priest (Fits in the Native American shaman role).
- Before 6.79, you could use a Ghost Scepter and then manually cast Burning Spear on enemies. You would take little Magic damage since the Magic Resistance provided by Berserker's Blood reduced the incoming magic damage significantly.
 Update history
- Fixed being able to attack while he is leaping in Life Break.
- Fixed Burning Spear counter logic getting forgotten when purged.
- Fixed Life Break leap moving too fast.
- Fixed Berserker's Blood not stacking at the proper health thresholds.
- Fixed Life Break not properly dispelling buffs on you when cast.
- [Undocumented] Broken down a number of existing hero models into multiple parts Death Prophet, Enchantress, Huskar, Silencer, Sniper, Storm Spirit, Venomancer and Weaver.
- Fixed Life Break not hurting Huskar Huskar if he jumped on a magic immune unit.
- Fixed Burning Spear counter being reset by BKB.
- [Undocumented] Added an injured running animation for Huskar.
- Fixed Life Break partially ignoring Linken's Sphere.
- Fixed Life Break continuing to follow a target that teleported away.
- Fixed Lifebreak being dodgeable.
- [Undocumented] Updated the hero portraits of Huskar, Drow Ranger, Earthshaker, Phantom Lancer.
- Fixed Burning Spears working through silence.
- Fixed Burning Spears working against wards.
- Fixed Inner Vitality being cast-able on yourself when Magic Immune.
- Fixed the following ability interactions with Repel/Purge: Inner Vitality, Weave, Moonlight Shadow, Overload, Holy Persuasion, Warcry, Shadow Word, Focus Fire, Sukuchi, Berserker's Call, Chilling Touch.
- Added more movement lines for Dazzle, Dark Seer, Dragon Knight, Furion, Huskar, Riki, Skeleton King, Slardar, Spectre, and Jakiro.
- Fixed not attacking his target right after Life Break.
- Fixed the first tick of Berserker's Blood requiring you to be hurt.
- Enabled Huskar, Batrider and Jakiro for Captain's Mode.
 Balance changelog
- Burning Spear duration increased from 7 to 8.
- Inner Vitality bonus heal below 40% increased from 15/30/45/60% of primary attribute to 30/45/60/75%.
- Inner Vitality cast range increased from 450 to 550.
- Added to Captain's Mode.
- Base Strength increased by 3.
- Burning Spear DPS increased from 4/8/12/16 to 5/10/15/20.
- Life Break HP cost increased from 35/30/25% to 40/35/30%.
- Berseker's Blood Reworked:
- Old Berserker's Blood:
- Huskar feels each of his wounds and channels the pain, increasing attack speed and damage for each 7% missing health. First bonus starts at full health.
- Attack Speed: 3/6/9/12 IAS per stack
- Damage: 2/4/6/8 damage per stack
- New Berserker's Blood:
- Huskar feels each of his wounds and channels the pain, increasing magic resistance and attack speed for each 7% missing health. First bonus starts at full health.
- Magic Resistance: 4/5/6/7% magic resistance
- Attack Speed: 8/12/16/20 per stack
- Removed from Captain's Mode.
- Inner Vitality can now be cast on magic immune targets.
- Burning Spear duration increased from 6 to 7.
- Life Break Aghanim's cooldown decreased from 24/16/8 to 4.
- Life Break cast range reduced from 600 to 550.
- Life Break changed from a melee range ability to a leap strike with 600 range.
- Life Break HP cost rescaled from 40/33/25% to 35/30/25%.
- Berseker's Blood attack speed bonus increased from 2/4/6/8 to 3/6/9/12.
- Inner Vitality heal interval is smoother (same overall heal).
- Burning Spears damage rescaled from 6/8/10/12 to 4/8/12/16.
- Berseker's Blood stacking cap of attack speed and damage removed.
- Removed the cap on Burning Spears.
- Added Sacred Warrior to Aghanim's Scepter. Improves Damage and cooldown (50->65% damage, 45/30/15->24/16/8 Seconds).
- Life Break now properly slows magic immune units.
- Improved Life Break.
- Decreased Inner Vitality cooldown from 30 to 25 seconds.
- Increased Huskar's attack range from 350 to 400.
- Improved Huskar's attack animation time slightly.
 Replaced Abilities
Low Violence model
 See also