| The Radiant
20 + 1.9
20 + 2.85
14 + 1.4
| Hit Points
| Attacks / Second
|Base Attack Time
Yurnero the Juggernaut is a melee agility hero whose abilities allow him to sprint into battle and recklessly devastate enemies in an impenetrable flurry of blades.
His skills grant invulnerability and magic immunity, turning him into an unstoppable force on a hairpin. Juggernaut is strong both offensively and defensively, and deals heavy damage both physical and magical with his Blade Fury and Omnislash ultimate, but he possesses below average strength and intelligence attributes, so he does not have as much health and mana as other heroes and is vulnerable when his abilities are on cooldown. For this reason, although his abilities make him powerful even in the early game, he cannot charge into forces without restraint until farmed and is usually played as a carry.
| Yurnero, the Juggernaut
| "Play By the Visage of Vengeance, which drowned in the Isle of Masks, I will carry on the rites of the Faceless Ones."
|| Carry / Pusher
|| No one has ever seen the face hidden beneath the mask of Yurnero the Juggernaut. It is only speculation that he even has one. For defying a corrupt lord, Yurnero was exiled from the ancient Isle of Masks--a punishment that saved his life. The isle soon after vanished beneath the waves in a night of vengeful magic. He alone remains to carry on the Isle's long Juggernaut tradition, one of ritual and swordplay. The last practitioner of the art, Yurnero's confidence and courage are the result of endless practice; his inventive bladework proves that he has never stopped challenging himself. Still, his motives are as unreadable as his expression. For a hero who has lost everything twice over, he fights as if victory is a foregone conclusion.
|| David Scully (Responses)
- Yurnero can move at current MS.
- This ability renders Yurnero magic immune and will dispel buffs, including Omnislash. Make sure to use items such as Phase Boots after activating Blade Fury.
- This skill doesn't affect mechanical units and towers.
- Items can be activated during Blade Fury (including channeled items, such as the Town Portal Scroll) and vice versa without cancelling them.
- Juggernaut can hit a tower with normal attack while using Blade Fury.
- Sounds and animations may show Yurnero is auto-attacking, but the attacks will deal no damage. Meanwhile, the auto-attacking can apply debuffs and attack effect (e.g. Corruption, Cleave) if having any, whether the target is magic-immune or not.
- Can deal up to 400/500/600/700 damage.
- Deals damage in .2 second intervals.
| Healing Ward
| Hit Points
| Movement Speed
|| Healing Wards will not be attacked by neutral creeps.
| Healing Ward
| Target Point
| Summons a Healing Ward that heals all nearby allied units, based on their max HP. The Healing Ward can move at 450 movement speed after being summoned. Lasts 25 seconds.
| Range: 350|
Heal Per Second: 2%/3%/4%/5%
|Of the rituals learned at the Isle of Masks, tending wounds with a bit of voodoo magic has proven to be quite useful.
- The healing ward can be controlled.
- Multiple healing wards don't stack.
- The Healing Ward won't heal mechanical units.
- Can be targeted by Decrepify.
- The unit is treated as a ward (structure) even though mobile for the purposes of modifiers.
- Can target magic immune units.
- The first target of Omnislash receives a mini-stun (type of which is physical).
- You can use items during Omnislash.
- Juggernaut gains flying vision in 200 radius for the duration of Omnislash.
- Creeps are killed in one hit of omnislash. (except player-controlled units or ancients).
- Each slash deals 175-250 damage, with an interval of 0.4 seconds. If target is alone, it will take 525-750/1050-1500/1575-2250 (1050-1500/1575-2250/2100-3000*) damage.
- Will continue to slash Ethereal units, but will not do any damage.
- If the target become invisible, Omnislash ends prematurely.
- Juggernaut gains invulnerability and is not affected by Chronosphere.
- With enough attack speed, Juggernaut can attack with his own attack strength while jumping around. In these attacks, Juggernaut can place buffs and trigger chance effects.
- The slashes can't be avoided by evasion. Any normal attacks made, however, can.
- The Omnislash buff is not applied until after the first hit. Juggernaut is completely invulnerable under the effects of the buff.
- Force Staff can end Omnislash if the target is pushed out of the 425 radius before the next check. For this to occur, Force Staff must be used at least 0.21 seconds before the next check, and even sooner if Juggernaut is in front of the target.
 Recommended items
- Tangos and Healing Salves provide healing to keep Juggernaut alive in the lane.
- With his low mana pool and the Blade Fury's high mana cost, a Clarity and Juggernaut's mana regeneration combined will be able to restore the mana spent from using the ability.
- The Iron Branch gives nice stats including health, mana, and damage. It can be used to build a Magic Wand.
- The Slippers of Agility will improve Juggernaut's ability to last hit. They can be used to make the Poor Man's Shield. With the Iron Branch, he effectively gains one armor.
- Boots of Speed will allow him to travel faster, making chasing and escaping easier. It can then be turned into Phase Boots.
- Poor Man's Shield helps Juggernaut against harassment, and saves up space while retaining the +6 agility from the Slippers of Agility.
- A Magic Stick is useful for in-lane healing, especially against heroes that spam their abilities. It can be used to build a Magic Wand.
- Ring of Health provides a lot of health regeneration in the early-game, as well as being able to use it to make the Battle Fury.
- Phase Boots provide even more mobility with the Phase ability, and even increases his damage significantly.
- Magic Wand is quite handy for both its in-lane healing and the stats gain.
- Battle Fury is an item that can be very strong to buy, if you're the primary carry on a team and you can finish it quickly. If you finish it early, you can use it to push lanes and jungle to quickly transition into later items.
- Sange and Yasha boosts Juggernaut's health, damage, attack speed, and movement speed by a good amount, while also being able to make enemies have a much harder time escaping due to the maim.
- The Butterfly gives an enormous boost to his damage, attack speed, and armor, as well as having the ability to evade some physical attacks, which improves his ability to survive in order to take down the enemy team easily.
- A Desolator is a great weapon to have, as it strengthens Juggernaut's ability to push towers, which also works with his teammates, and allows him to dish out even more damage against enemies, especially with Blade Dance and Omnislash.
- Aghanim's Scepter vastly improves the ability to gank with Omnislash, and gives a lot of nice stats.
- Vladmir's Offering is a handy item to have for supporting the team, granting several bonuses including lifesteal.
- Since Blade Fury does not allow dealing damage with auto-attack (unless the enemy is unaffected by the ability), a Black King Bar can be a good pick up, as it gives magic immunity while being able to auto-attack. It also gives a nice boost in health and damage.
- Blade Fury allows the Juggernaut to deal massive amounts of damage early game, especially if you take Boots of Speed early on or have a teammate with a disable. Always try to lane with heroes such as Crystal Maiden, Lion, Venomancer and Shadow Shaman to increase your potential. If you have boots, and the enemy does not, look to be aggressive with Blade Fury.
- Blade Fury can be used as an escape mechanism due to its magic immunity. Using it alongside Healing Ward can result in escaping even the most difficult situations.
- Omnislash works best if you catch an enemy hero away from their creeps. Time it well to avoid wasting hits on creeps, and ensure your enemy doesn't have any blink or invisibility skills, as those will cause your ultimate to not affect them.
- Healing Ward is a great way to keep pushes going and heal yourself. Make sure you don't neglect it!
- Taking stats rather than Healing Ward and Blade Dance at very early levels may be a better idea. After all, stats are more useful in the early game due to your high mana costs and lack of survivability. Focusing on stats and Blade Fury up until you can get Omnislash makes you far more viable in survivability and mana management.
- Do not be fooled into thinking you are hard to kill while using Blade Fury. Enemies who have a high amount of physical damage, such as Drow Ranger or Sven, will be able to deal heavy damage to you even if you are under Blade Fury's effects.
- Omnislash is Cloud Strife's signature move from the game Final Fantasy VII.
- The quote "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" is a quote from the infamous Marvel villain Juggernaut in an internet video created by Randy Hayes and Xavier Nazario, which grew into a popular running joke, even used in the movie X-Men: The Last Stand.
- The rare line "Screw it, I'm going to five blades!" is a reference to an article from The Onion about the increasing number of blades put into razors.
- The line "My blade is swifter" may also be a subtle reference to the Heroes of Newerth hero Swiftblade, the game's own equivalent of Juggernaut.
 Update history
June 14, 2013 Patch
November 30, 2012 Patch
August 15, 2012 Patch
- Fixed a bug that was causing the first tick of Healing Ward to always heal the Radiant team.
August 09, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash jumping to ancients.
- Fixed Blade Fury showing per target visual effect when hurting invis units.
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash selection aoe being slightly too big.
- Fixed Healing Ward vision radius.
April 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash jumping to couriers.
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Omnislash considering ancients as valid targets.
- Fixed Omnislash ending prematurely if a target becomes invulnerable.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Added rival death-taunts and other miscellaneous lines to flesh out dialog set for Juggernaut and Sven.
January 19, 2012 Patch
January 12, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added "Injured" walk animations for Ursa, Nature's Prophet, Juggernaut and Tiny.
December 16, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] Changed Juggernaut's model.
October 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Blade Dance working on wards.
October 06, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash not ministunning the initial target.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Healing Ward not having an AoE cursor.
- Fixed Critical Strikes (both Juggernaut's and item-based) not denying correctly.
- Added Legacy key support for Juggernaut.
September 30, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury being dispelled by stuns that ignore magic immunity.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury affecting Ancients.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash being castable on Ancients.
September 29, 2011 Patch
- Enabled Juggernaut!
June 24, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut to be able to use items and attack during Omnislash.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Blade Fury to be interrupted if he is stunned (only happens for stuns that go through magic immunity).
March 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Juggernaut being able to do melee damage to unitswhile Blade Furying (except for units that are not susceptible to Blade Fury like towers).
February 12, 2011 Patch
- The primary target of Omnislash is now ministunned.
- Updated Omnislash and Lightning Bolt tooltips to indicate that they ministun.
- Fixed Omnislash not hitting magic immune units.
- Juggernaut's Omnislash's secondary jumps now find magic immune enemies.
- Fixed issue with Juggernaut's Omnislash where at all levels he could do one more slash than he was supposed to be able to.
 Balance changelog
- Healing Ward movement speed increased from 300 to 450.
- Scepter cooldown reduced from 110/100/90 to 70.
- No longer stops if the target is Ethereal (it still doesn't do damage).
- Base attack time decreased from 1.7 to 1.6.
- Omnislash now kills creeps and neutrals in 1 hit (This does not include player controlled units or ancients).
- Omnislash now gives Juggernaut 200 flying vision during its duration.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Blade Dance critical strike chance rescaled from 10/20/25/35% to 15/20/25/35%.
- Healing Ward regeneration rescaled from 1/2/4/5 to 2/3/4/5%.
- Omnislash no longer wastes a strike by considering banished units in its search.
- Healing Ward manacost rescaled from 140 to 80/100/120/140.
- Healing Ward regeneration increased from 1/2/3/4% to 1/2/4/5%.
- Blade Fury cooldown reduced from 30 to 30/28/26/24.
- Added Juggernaut to Aghanim's Scepter. Improves Slash Count and Cooldown (+2 slashes, -20 cd).
- Improved Juggernaut's movement speed.
- Undid previous Jugg armor buff.
- Increased starting strength by 3 and movement speed from 290 to 295.
- Increased Yurnero's base armor.
 See also